Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby sibley » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:27 pm

booboo wrote:
traehekat wrote:
wakefield wrote:


i so appreciate the distraction from status checkers!


What do you guys think is worse, waiting for admission decisions, or following into a volcano?


Seriously?



Of course not seriously. And falling into a volcano, definitely. Unless there is an option of falling into a volcano WHILE waiting for an admissions decision.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby hannah87 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:28 pm

IN at UVA! my first acceptance :D

User avatar
albusdumbledore
Posts: 1132
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:38 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby albusdumbledore » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:28 pm

booboo wrote:
traehekat wrote:
wakefield wrote:


i so appreciate the distraction from status checkers!


What do you guys think is worse, waiting for admission decisions, or following into a volcano?


Seriously?


Yeah, hope that dude makes it out alive. That'd make for a heck of a personal statement though...

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby sibley » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:29 pm

hannah87 wrote:IN at UVA! my first acceptance :D



congrats =)

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby traehekat » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:29 pm

booboo wrote:
traehekat wrote:
wakefield wrote:


i so appreciate the distraction from status checkers!


What do you guys think is worse, waiting for admission decisions, or following into a volcano?


Seriously?


Okay, okay, obviously waiting for decisions is worse. How about following into a volcano while it is erupting?

User avatar
Interminable_Waiting
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:30 pm

hannah87 wrote:IN at UVA! my first acceptance :D


Awesome!!

Hope NYU is your next one!

User avatar
bloodonthetracks
Posts: 422
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby bloodonthetracks » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:36 pm

hannah87 wrote:IN at UVA! my first acceptance :D


legit. keep em coming.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby hannah87 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:53 pm

sibley, interminable, bloodonthetracks-

THANKS guys! i hope this means a week of good news for december LSAT-ers has commenced :mrgreen:

good luck everyone!!

lawlife2010
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:08 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby lawlife2010 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:11 pm

hannah87 wrote:sibley, interminable, bloodonthetracks-

THANKS guys! i hope this means a week of good news for december LSAT-ers has commenced :mrgreen:

good luck everyone!!



I hope so too! That's awesome you got into UVA! Celebrate! =)

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby hannah87 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:13 pm

lawlife2010 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:sibley, interminable, bloodonthetracks-

THANKS guys! i hope this means a week of good news for december LSAT-ers has commenced :mrgreen:

good luck everyone!!



I hope so too! That's awesome you got into UVA! Celebrate! =)


thanks lawlife! happy first post!

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby sibley » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:28 pm

Email from USC inviting me to apply for their MAT program. Mean, since I applied there and am waiting...

gobears09
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby gobears09 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:33 pm

hannah87 wrote:IN at UVA! my first acceptance :D



Congrats!! When did you apply?

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby hannah87 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:36 pm

gobears09 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:IN at UVA! my first acceptance :D



Congrats!! When did you apply?


either 1/4 or 1/6. can't remember which was UVA and which was UCLA! December was my first and only LSAT.

User avatar
jcl2
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:27 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby jcl2 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:51 pm



I just did that climb in August. Here is what it looks like in the summer:

--ImageRemoved--

I don't think I would like to be standing in the same spot this time of year. Hope the guy makes it.

I'm not waiting for any admissions decisions, sorry for cluttering up your thread :D

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:15 pm

In at Minnesota via email.

wjnahill
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:25 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby wjnahill » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:28 pm

orphanarium wrote:
meowmeow wrote:Is anyone elses Michigan Status checker still on 2/13?


+1 At first I thought it was cause of President's Day. hmm...


+1 Has anyone's Michigan status checker moved up to the 16th?

User avatar
scribelaw
Posts: 771
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby scribelaw » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:30 pm

wjnahill wrote:
orphanarium wrote:
meowmeow wrote:Is anyone elses Michigan Status checker still on 2/13?


+1 At first I thought it was cause of President's Day. hmm...


+1 Has anyone's Michigan status checker moved up to the 16th?


Mine is still on 2/13, but this happened once before, where it got stuck for a few days and turned out to be nothing.

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby BenJ » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:56 pm

BenJ wrote:
itsirtou wrote:Finally went complete at University of Chicago! (Submitted on 1/5)


Bah. Still at Received 1/4.


Now Complete 2/16. :)

Also just checked the Cornell status checker and it says the equivalent of Decision Rendered 2/11. Which is weird: I withdrew on 2/8 and got a response from them, and I wasn't complete yet when I withdrew. So I assume it just means that they withdrew my application, but maybe they made a decision instead.

User avatar
taw856
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:05 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby taw856 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:03 pm

traehekat wrote:Okay, okay, obviously waiting for decisions is worse. How about following into a volcano while it is erupting?


Trick question, the volcano is named Ditka.

Rawlsian
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby Rawlsian » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:17 pm

BenJ wrote:
BenJ wrote:
itsirtou wrote:Finally went complete at University of Chicago! (Submitted on 1/5)


Bah. Still at Received 1/4.


Now Complete 2/16. :)

Also just checked the Cornell status checker and it says the equivalent of Decision Rendered 2/11. Which is weird: I withdrew on 2/8 and got a response from them, and I wasn't complete yet when I withdrew. So I assume it just means that they withdrew my application, but maybe they made a decision instead.


Same, finally complete at Chicago, but still only "applied" at Cornell.

orphanarium
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby orphanarium » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:38 pm

DR 2/12

In via mail today at USC

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby ndirish2010 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:40 pm

Rawlsian wrote:
BenJ wrote:
BenJ wrote:
itsirtou wrote:Finally went complete at University of Chicago! (Submitted on 1/5)


Bah. Still at Received 1/4.


Now Complete 2/16. :)

Also just checked the Cornell status checker and it says the equivalent of Decision Rendered 2/11. Which is weird: I withdrew on 2/8 and got a response from them, and I wasn't complete yet when I withdrew. So I assume it just means that they withdrew my application, but maybe they made a decision instead.


Same, finally complete at Chicago, but still only "applied" at Cornell.


Still 'applied' at Cornell, but went complete 2/4 at Chicago (applied 12/28).

User avatar
raspberryfruitcake
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby raspberryfruitcake » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:45 pm

orphanarium wrote:DR 2/12

In via mail today at USC


Congrats!!

hellomoto
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby hellomoto » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:51 pm

Oh, the need for instant gratification. I did all of my applications first week of January. Arizona and W&L got back to me in less than two weeks with money. I'm thinking, heck yeah this is awesome.

But ever since then, total radio silence (with the exception of an expected ding from Virginia.)

The rational part of my brain tells me to be patient. I applied a little more than a month ago. The irrational part of my brain...well, not so much. This thread with all of these acceptances can't be good for me.

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:52 pm

In at WUSTL!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”