Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Grizz

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby Grizz » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:40 pm

A Swift wrote:
rad law wrote:
With numbers lower than yours, I got into Vanderbilt. That would be a peer institution I guess, so I would say no.

Explain...

You just don't seem screwed. Perhaps Texas was an aberration. I bet with your numbers, you will have plenty of great options.

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:40 pm

bloodonthetracks wrote:in at columbia via snail mail. very, very surprised but thrilled. my listed lsat was a retake from low 160's; i thought i had no chance.

Congrats!!!

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:41 pm

A Swift wrote:
rad law wrote:
A Swift wrote:
happy187 wrote:
those seem like strong numbers. did you apply late?

I applied before Xmas. Am I screwed for this cycle, or is a 3.9/170 a normal ding for UT?

With numbers lower than yours, I got into Vanderbilt. That would be a peer institution I guess, so I would say no.

Explain...

Are you out-of-state at UT? They've been handing out odd dings to out-of-staters recently, possibly because they have no more spots left for out-of-state applicants. (Only 25% of their class can be out-of-state, IIRC.)

Columbia is unfortunate, but your numbers were borderline. You'll definitely get in to most or all T14s below CCN and should get in at least one of Chicago and NYU as well (assuming you applied to them, anyway).

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:48 pm

bloodonthetracks wrote:in at columbia via snail mail. very, very surprised but thrilled. my listed lsat was a retake from low 160's; i thought i had no chance.

Congrats! What date did you go complete?

bloodonthetracks

Postby bloodonthetracks » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:50 pm

BenJ wrote:

complete one month ago.

georgina

Postby georgina » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:22 pm

hey, congrats! :D when was the postmark?

A Swift

Postby A Swift » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:24 pm

BenJ wrote:
Are you out-of-state at UT? They've been handing out odd dings to out-of-staters recently, possibly because they have no more spots left for out-of-state applicants. (Only 25% of their class can be out-of-state, IIRC.)

Columbia is unfortunate, but your numbers were borderline. You'll definitely get in to most or all T14s below CCN and should get in at least one of Chicago and NYU as well (assuming you applied to them, anyway).

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed to hear. I only hope that you are right, but I'm sure you're probably not too far off.

bloodonthetracks

Postby bloodonthetracks » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:29 pm

georgina wrote:

hey, congrats! :D when was the postmark?

feb 8.

Lonagan

Postby Lonagan » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:03 am

In at Illinois with 15k/yr. Starting to get pretty pleased with this cycle.

ctaylor21

Postby ctaylor21 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:25 am

In at the following after submitting my Dec. LSAT results in the past couple of weeks.
Acceptances on the following dates:

Santa Clara w/$: January 25
Loyola LA w/$$: Feb 1
UCI $$: Feb 4
Hastings: Feb 8
George Washington: Today!

Still in review/waiting on Boalt, GULC, UCLA, USC, Vandy, UC Davis and UW.
Feeling good about my cycle so far though. Best to everyone else.

cendien

Postby cendien » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:20 am

Decision rendered at W&L on the 10th. Hoping to have an envelope today or Saturday to see what that is.. 3rd decision so far.

orphanarium

Postby orphanarium » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:44 am

Last edited by orphanarium on Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:18 am

orphanarium wrote:Now if only Columbia would let me in with a less impressive GPA... oy

+1, but by less impressive I mean 'totally average'

orphanarium

Postby orphanarium » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:09 am

Last edited by orphanarium on Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

bloodonthetracks

Postby bloodonthetracks » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:41 am

orphanarium wrote:
bloodonthetracks wrote:
BenJ wrote:

complete one month ago.

LSAC automatically sends schools your new score. 170/3.9 are amazing stats. Don't feel surprised. You deserve to be there!

Now if only Columbia would let me in with a less impressive GPA... oy

thanks. though i think there was good reason to expect that i had no shot at CLS, based on what i'd heard from people on TLS (plus TLS's CLS profile and its guide to taking multiple LSATs). everyone told me CLS is extremely numbers-driven and that they average scores. i scored a low-160s and a 170; CLS's 25% is 170. well, i've learned that they certainly don't average every applicants scores. and i guess they appreciate the entirety of one's application a little more than people claim they do.

i'm not trying to be insensitive toward anyone still in the running for CLS. in fact, i would like this to give some hope to people who aren't >75%!

meowmeow

Postby meowmeow » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:44 am

In at Boston University via phone call :)

pollaclc

Postby pollaclc » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:49 am

meowmeow wrote:Have post december people gotten decisions form any of the following:

BU
Notre dame
georgetown
IU - bloomington
Texas

BU & ND

scribelaw

Postby scribelaw » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:56 am

bloodonthetracks wrote: thanks. though i think there was good reason to expect that i had no shot at CLS, based on what i'd heard from people on TLS (plus TLS's CLS profile and its guide to taking multiple LSATs). everyone told me CLS is extremely numbers-driven and that they average scores. i scored a low-160s and a 170; CLS's 25% is 170. well, i've learned that they certainly don't average every applicants scores. and i guess they appreciate the entirety of one's application a little more than people claim they do.

i'm not trying to be insensitive toward anyone still in the running for CLS. in fact, i would like this to give some hope to people who aren't >75%!

Columbia doesn't say they average. They just say they look at all of the scores, which every school does.

A 170 is low for CLS -- my guess is the 170 just wasn't high enough, not that they averaged your scores.

pleasetryagain

Postby pleasetryagain » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:58 am

scribelaw wrote:
bloodonthetracks wrote: thanks. though i think there was good reason to expect that i had no shot at CLS, based on what i'd heard from people on TLS (plus TLS's CLS profile and its guide to taking multiple LSATs). everyone told me CLS is extremely numbers-driven and that they average scores. i scored a low-160s and a 170; CLS's 25% is 170. well, i've learned that they certainly don't average every applicants scores. and i guess they appreciate the entirety of one's application a little more than people claim they do.

Columbia doesn't say they average. They just say they look at all of the scores, which every school does.

A 170 is low for CLS -- my guess is the 170 just wasn't high enough, not that they averaged your scores.

RC Fail

bloodonthetracks

Postby bloodonthetracks » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:01 pm

scribelaw wrote:

TLS "Retaking the LSAT" page says CLS averages -- though i know it's not wise to put too much stock into that.

i don't understand your last point; i was accepted.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:01 pm

+1 Haha- he got in. I was put on Reserve at CLS yesterday. First "decision." Stats in profile.

Edit: BloodontheTracks- congrats!!!

scribelaw

Postby scribelaw » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:06 pm

bloodonthetracks wrote:
scribelaw wrote:

TLS "Retaking the LSAT" page says CLS averages -- though i know it's not wise to put too much stock into that.

i don't understand your last point; i was accepted.

RC fail. My apologies.

That retaking the LSAT page is from a few years ago, I believe. More schools take the highest now...Even NYU -- which says it averages -- doesn't really for big jumpers. I got in, and I wouldn't have if they had averaged.

cheesus

Postby cheesus » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:07 pm

pollaclc wrote:
meowmeow wrote:Have post december people gotten decisions form any of the following:

BU
Notre dame
georgetown
IU - bloomington
Texas

BU & ND

Stats and complete date for ND?

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:10 pm

cheesus wrote:
pollaclc wrote:

BU
Notre dame
georgetown
IU - bloomington
Texas

BU & ND

Stats and complete date for ND?

& BU

blerg

Postby blerg » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:10 pm

pollaclc wrote:

BU
Notre dame
georgetown
IU - bloomington
Texas

BU & ND

annnnnnddd Stats and complete date for BU?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”