Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lawschooliseasy
Posts: 460
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby lawschooliseasy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:48 pm

Just went complete at Emory... this is a week or two after receiving the application received e-mail. I'm also under review at Minnesota and complete at Illinois, Drake and WashU. All apps submitted the week after December LSAT results.

User avatar
Interminable_Waiting
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:50 pm

BC just sent me an email telling me to hurry and get my financial aid info in.

Status checker there just updated and said application complete as of 1/19, which is odd because it said pending decision as of 12/29.

I guess this is normal, and they just received my report from LSAC today. I hope I get in somewhere this week.

User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby ryguy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:55 pm

Emory-complete email. Sent app in 01-06. After the Dec. lsat.

User avatar
groundkontrol
Posts: 244
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:25 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby groundkontrol » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Finally a thread for me!

Submitted all my apps in November but asked them to hold off and wait for my December scores. I'm complete everywhere I applied and under review at some places.

Accepted: WUSTL and St. John's University
Waiting on: a ton of schools.

Stats:
African-American Male
3.4 GPA from Cornell
Master's at Columbia
159 LSAT.

Prospects for me?

User avatar
eshort
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:30 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby eshort » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:31 pm

eshort wrote:Just got a received email from Emory, submitted 1/7/10.

Just got a second email from Emory: Complete.

They are really on top of things today! It seems like a ton of people are hearing from them.

Also: received at Indiana Bloomington.

Jerzeegirl
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:11 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby Jerzeegirl » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:41 pm

groundkontrol wrote:Finally a thread for me!

Submitted all my apps in November but asked them to hold off and wait for my December scores. I'm complete everywhere I applied and under review at some places.

Accepted: WUSTL and St. John's University
Waiting on: a ton of schools.

Stats:
African-American Male
3.4 GPA from Cornell
Master's at Columbia
159 LSAT.

Prospects for me?


Did St. John's have status check? When did you receive your response?

User avatar
The Pen Is Mightier
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby The Pen Is Mightier » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:50 pm

I sent most of my apps in on 12/16 or 12/18 and have confirmations of completion from all of them.

BU took a little over a week to confirm and for Northwestern I had to go to their status checker and request an applicant ID before I heard anything. Everyone else got back to me within about a week.

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby ndirish2010 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:52 pm

In at Maryland and W&L today by snail mail

Rawlsian
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby Rawlsian » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:58 pm

The Pen Is Mightier wrote:I sent most of my apps in on 12/16 or 12/18 and have confirmations of completion from all of them.

BU took a little over a week to confirm and for Northwestern I had to go to their status checker and request an applicant ID before I heard anything. Everyone else got back to me within about a week.


Thanks for the info, I just received my NW status checker after requesting an ID on the status checker page.

wjnahill
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:25 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby wjnahill » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:11 pm

taw856 wrote:
taw856 wrote:A little jealous of the people saying they already have decisions. I've barely even gotten "complete" e-mails from 1/3 of the schools to which I applied.

raspberryfruitcake wrote:But that's because they applied before the score release, right? Ugh...


EDIT: Turns out I just don't know how to read status checkers.

Complete at most and waiting like everyone else. :mrgreen:


My status checker at UVA still says complete '11/20' from when I sent my stuff in prior to the Dec. LSAT, haven't heard anything since. Is this a bad sign, or are there others in this boat?

Also, I applied mid-Nov. but did an LSAT retake in December

So far:

Decision:Georgetown (IN)
Updated Complete Since Dec.: Emory (today), Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Penn, Berekely, Michigan, USC, UCLA
Complete Prior to December, no update: UVA, Harvard, Northwestern, Texas
Not Complete: Stanford (this is my fault, just sent the dean's form last week)
Last edited by wjnahill on Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby traehekat » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:13 pm

+1 for Emory complete email. Although I already received a complete email from them four days ago. Hopefully two complete emails = accepted. :lol:

User avatar
jmaan
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:15 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby jmaan » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:19 pm

In at Hastings loyola and u of san francisco....wl at duke..all last week

Nat1018
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:41 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby Nat1018 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:23 pm

traehekat wrote:+1 for Emory complete email. Although I already received a complete email from them four days ago. Hopefully two complete emails = accepted. :lol:


+1 I hope you're right! good luck

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby traehekat » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:26 pm

Nat1018 wrote:
traehekat wrote:+1 for Emory complete email. Although I already received a complete email from them four days ago. Hopefully two complete emails = accepted. :lol:


+1 I hope you're right! good luck


Thanks, you too. Emory is definitely an attractive choice, not a lot of love here on TLS but I think a lot people agree it is one of the most underrated schools in the nation. Unfortunately I am a tad below LSAT median and right at GPA median (although I have a big upward grade trend), and I know Emory is really looking to move up in the ranks. I'm not loving my chances, but hopefully I get lucky. The TLS profile of Emory gives me a LITTLE hope as it says Emory weighs the GPA higher than the LSAT, unlike most schools.

User avatar
raspberryfruitcake
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby raspberryfruitcake » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:30 pm

The Pen Is Mightier wrote:I sent most of my apps in on 12/16 or 12/18 and have confirmations of completion from all of them.

BU took a little over a week to confirm and for Northwestern I had to go to their status checker and request an applicant ID before I heard anything. Everyone else got back to me within about a week.


Thanks! I had no idea that I had to request one. One more status checker to keep me insane!

I also submitted apps to 4 more safeties today because I felt uneasy. :|

Rawlsian
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby Rawlsian » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:33 pm

raspberryfruitcake wrote:
I also submitted apps to 4 more safeties today because I felt uneasy.



Yea, I'm working on another safety and a reach right now. No news is making me crazy. I'll feel better as soon as I get that first acceptance.
Last edited by Rawlsian on Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nat1018
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:41 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby Nat1018 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:34 pm

traehekat wrote:
Nat1018 wrote:
traehekat wrote:+1 for Emory complete email. Although I already received a complete email from them four days ago. Hopefully two complete emails = accepted. :lol:


+1 I hope you're right! good luck


Thanks, you too. Emory is definitely an attractive choice, not a lot of love here on TLS but I think a lot people agree it is one of the most underrated schools in the nation. Unfortunately I am a tad below LSAT median and right at GPA median (although I have a big upward grade trend), and I know Emory is really looking to move up in the ranks. I'm not loving my chances, but hopefully I get lucky. The TLS profile of Emory gives me a LITTLE hope as it says Emory weighs the GPA higher than the LSAT, unlike most schools.


I have a friend that goes to emory and she loves it there. I'm in the exact same boat though. My gpa is a tad above median and my LSAT is a little below so hopefully they'll show us both some love!

User avatar
Onion
Posts: 235
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:45 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby Onion » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:35 pm

Onion wrote:
mhd08 wrote:I sent my American app in after the December LSATs and my status checker changed to "decision made" on Friday. I'm hoping to get my decision via snail mail tomorrow.


same here... good luck!


DING... via snail mail... honestly appropriately so, 3.3x 160

ariadne86
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:47 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby ariadne86 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:51 pm

Submitted everything between 1/1 and 1/5. Only complete at GULC. Still no application received emails from Stanford or NYU. I'm hoping this is typical of NYU. Figure I have no shot at SLS anyway.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby traehekat » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:01 pm

Rawlsian wrote:
raspberryfruitcake wrote:
I also submitted apps to 4 more safeties today because I felt uneasy.



Yea, I'm working on another safety and a reach right now. No news is making me crazy. I'll feel better as soon as I get that first acceptance.


+1 I may fill out a few more targets today. I don't like this whole waiting period. After months and months of LSAT studying, personal statement writing, letter soliciting, resume tweaking, and filling out applications, sitting around here doing nothing feels almost guilty.

choochoo
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:59 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby choochoo » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:13 pm

traehekat wrote:+1 for Emory complete email. Although I already received a complete email from them four days ago. Hopefully two complete emails = accepted. :lol:


Same with me... I got a complete e-mail on the 15th and again today. It would be great if that meant acceptance but I doubt it in my case... A bit of a reach for me... 3.5x and 161 LSAT. Hoping to at least get waitlisted...

User avatar
groundkontrol
Posts: 244
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:25 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby groundkontrol » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:25 pm

Jerzeegirl wrote:
groundkontrol wrote:Finally a thread for me!

Submitted all my apps in November but asked them to hold off and wait for my December scores. I'm complete everywhere I applied and under review at some places.

Accepted: WUSTL and St. John's University
Waiting on: a ton of schools.

Stats:
African-American Male
3.4 GPA from Cornell
Master's at Columbia
159 LSAT.

Prospects for me?


Did St. John's have status check? When did you receive your response?


Nope, St. John's didn't have a status check. I received an acceptance by mail in mid-December.

Anyone think I'm screwed out of the T14 this cycle with my stats above?

User avatar
BruceBarr
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:26 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby BruceBarr » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:27 pm

traehekat wrote:
Rawlsian wrote:
raspberryfruitcake wrote:
I also submitted apps to 4 more safeties today because I felt uneasy.



Yea, I'm working on another safety and a reach right now. No news is making me crazy. I'll feel better as soon as I get that first acceptance.


+1 I may fill out a few more targets today. I don't like this whole waiting period. After months and months of LSAT studying, personal statement writing, letter soliciting, resume tweaking, and filling out applications, sitting around here doing nothing feels almost guilty.


How many schools did you apply to?

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby traehekat » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:42 pm

BruceBarr wrote:
traehekat wrote:
Rawlsian wrote:
raspberryfruitcake wrote:
I also submitted apps to 4 more safeties today because I felt uneasy.



Yea, I'm working on another safety and a reach right now. No news is making me crazy. I'll feel better as soon as I get that first acceptance.


+1 I may fill out a few more targets today. I don't like this whole waiting period. After months and months of LSAT studying, personal statement writing, letter soliciting, resume tweaking, and filling out applications, sitting around here doing nothing feels almost guilty.


How many schools did you apply to?


20

User avatar
J Burrito
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:21 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby J Burrito » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:51 pm

In at American U and USF.

Decision in transit from McGeorge (should hear later today).

Still waiting on 20 other schools, as well. Best of luck to my fellow December takers! I think we deserve a break after that murderous test. :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests