Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bloodonthetracks

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby bloodonthetracks » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:20 pm

A Swift wrote:170/3.9+ and haven't gotten any decisions from t14. Should I be worried?

not if you applied after the december lsat. if that is the case, you probably aren't going to hear most of your decisions until march.

A Swift

Postby A Swift » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:26 pm

bloodonthetracks wrote:
A Swift wrote:170/3.9+ and haven't gotten any decisions from t14. Should I be worried?

not if you applied after the december lsat. if that is the case, you probably aren't going to hear most of your decisions until march.

Applied before scores were released, if that means anything.

groundkontrol

Postby groundkontrol » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:30 pm

A Swift wrote:
bloodonthetracks wrote:

Applied before scores were released, if that means anything.

Same here. Sent apps in November with my September score and told schools to hold until my December score arrived. 3.4GPA from Cornell, Masters from Columbia, Black Male URM, 159 LSAT. It's already February and I haven't heard anything from any T14s should I be worried?

lovethelaw88

Postby lovethelaw88 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:32 pm

Applied in November, retook in December. So far, I've been admitted to Northeastern, New England School of Law, Western New England College, Georgia State, UMiami, Quinnipiac, and Temple.

I haven't been dinged anywhere yet (and that's a big yet.) Still waiting to hear from Suffolk, Roger Williams, NC Central, Wake Forest, U South Carolina, BU, BC, Georgetown, and Vanderbilt, although BU did email me and request I send in last semester's grades.

bloodonthetracks

Postby bloodonthetracks » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:04 pm

anyone who asked to be held at T14 after dec score will not hear from the majority of schools until march or later. you are probably in the same boat as me (i applied immediately after the dec scores came out), perhaps slightly ahead in line. we will all be lucky if we hear from more than 2-3 schools in february.

pleasetryagain

Postby pleasetryagain » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:10 pm

bloodonthetracks wrote:anyone who asked to be held at T14 after dec score will not hear from the majority of schools until march or later. you are probably in the same boat as me (i applied immediately after the dec scores came out), perhaps slightly ahead in line. we will all be lucky if we hear from more than 2-3 schools in february.

This is what I was assuming. Sucks because Ive got a seat deposit deadline April 1. Its a school I probably wont attend but I hate to just give up the scholly opportunity because I havent heard back from t14.

pleasetryagain

Postby pleasetryagain » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:14 pm

rad law wrote:Same, but it may take up to 7 business days they say.

Im pretty close to the campus so Im hoping for a speedier delivery. Hoping all the snow doesnt cause a delay.

thickfreakness

Postby thickfreakness » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:14 pm

DCD wrote:
bloodonthetracks wrote:anyone who asked to be held at T14 after dec score will not hear from the majority of schools until march or later. you are probably in the same boat as me (i applied immediately after the dec scores came out), perhaps slightly ahead in line. we will all be lucky if we hear from more than 2-3 schools in february.

This is what I was assuming. Sucks because Ive got a seat deposit deadline April 1. Its a school I probably wont attend but I hate to just give up the scholly opportunity because I havent heard back from t14.

Initial seat deposits usually aren't much more than $250. You can pay the 1st, wait on your T14 offer, and then withdraw before the second one is due.

pleasetryagain

Postby pleasetryagain » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:16 pm

thickfreakness wrote:
Initial seat deposits usually aren't much more than $250. You can pay the 1st, wait on your T14 offer, and then withdraw before the second one is due.

Im assuming I dont get that $250 back?

td6624

Postby td6624 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:18 pm

I took the September LSAT and still didn't apply until January.

Reeaaaalllly starting to regret that.

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:18 pm

DCD wrote:
thickfreakness wrote:

Depends on the school, but most likely not.

algren

Postby algren » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:18 pm

DCD wrote:
thickfreakness wrote:

I've heard that in most cases you don't. It's often applied towards your first year tuition cost. I'm in your same boat. It's not a fun boat to be in.

pleasetryagain

Postby pleasetryagain » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:22 pm

algren wrote:
I've heard that in most cases you don't. It's often applied towards your first year tuition cost. I'm in your same boat. It's not a fun boat to be in.

Yeah. Definitely can't afford more than 1 seat deposit. I suppose it's better than no boat.

mmiracle

Postby mmiracle » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:34 pm

Took the Dec LSAT, applied around 1/11, and already have been accepted into American U and miami. excited about the quick turnaround, and that my first replys were acceptances! Although I'm sure I'll get dinged at GW...

misslawyer2013

Postby misslawyer2013 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:03 pm

bloodonthetracks wrote:UR at Duke via status checker

+1

itsirtou

Postby itsirtou » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:05 pm

Decision mailed at Vanderbilt on 1/29!

If it takes 7 business days to get here then that will be kind of stupid considering all they have to do is put it in my Vandy mailbox, lol.

(P.S. Dear Vanderbilt, I just got a form for the Senior Class Fund, and if you don't accept me there is no way you are getting the $20.10 you have requested from all seniors.)

Want2Go2LawSchool

Postby Want2Go2LawSchool » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:12 pm

Took the LSAT December 5th for the second time. Submitted my applications before Christmas.

Complete-Under Review: UCLA, USC, USD, UNLV, U of A, USF, Loyola, Pepperdine, Golden Gate, UC Davis

Accepted: Southwestern

Rejected: UC Hastings

Not too happy right now. :x

gatorlion

Postby gatorlion » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:15 pm

I doubt the validity of this statement. I applied to most schools in October/November and asked several to wait until they received my new LSAT score, which turned out to be exactly the same as my September score. Since applying and receiving my Dec LSAT score I have heard from 3 schools (including 1 T14). I expect to be placed on many waitlists this month, but will probably not hear from only 5 schools or so during and after March (applied to 22 schools in total).

The point: if your Dec score is good, you won't have to wait until March.

roundabout

Postby roundabout » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:18 pm

lawschooliseasy wrote:
Genki wrote:This thread has become my new addiction.
Along with status checkers.

I don't get why everyone checks status checkers so often. It seems like they rarely have any significant news. All of my important news has come via e-mail/snail mail.

Because status checkers/TLS/LSN are addictive. I realized I had a problem Friday: I was furtively status checking on my laptop during a party at my own apartment.

bloodonthetracks

Postby bloodonthetracks » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:20 pm

gatorlion wrote:

I doubt the validity of this statement. I applied to most schools in October/November and asked several to wait until they received my new LSAT score, which turned out to be exactly the same as my September score. Since applying and receiving my Dec LSAT score I have heard from 3 schools (including 1 T14). I expect to be placed on many waitlists this month, but will probably not hear from only 5 schools or so during and after March (applied to 22 schools in total).

The point: if your Dec score is good, you won't have to wait until March.

i guess we're supposed to assume that your first lsat score was good. in that case, many schools may not have needed a second score to choose to admit you. thus, your decision would have been made prior to the december lsat. your language is also a bit confusing: do you except to hear from 17+ schools prior to march?

orphanarium

Postby orphanarium » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:26 pm

Last edited by orphanarium on Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

gobears09

Postby gobears09 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:42 pm

misslawyer2013 wrote:

+1

What did your status change from? Mine has been "File ready for review" since 1/15

bloodonthetracks

Postby bloodonthetracks » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:47 pm

gobears09 wrote:
misslawyer2013 wrote:

+1

What did your status change from? Mine has been "File ready for review" since 1/15

it changed from that

meowmeow

Postby meowmeow » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:57 pm

I have been "file ready for review" at Duke since 1/4!!

hiromoto45

Postby hiromoto45 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:59 pm

meowmeow wrote:I have been "file ready for review" at Duke since 1/4!!

+1

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”