Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BenJ

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby BenJ » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:34 am

itsirtou wrote:Complete at Columbia, UCLA, and Texas-Austin.

STILL waiting to go complete at Cornell, UChicago, Michigan, and Penn, applied to all on 1/5. I'm kind of worried about Penn, because on the status checker, all that's checked off as being received is the LSDAS report -- the personal statement, resume, etc. boxes aren't checked. Which is weird because I looked again at the LSAC report, and that's all in there. It was submitted on 1/5.

Might call 'em tomorrow to make sure everything's OK.

I have the same, although I submitted later (on 1/11). I think Penn is just slow to fill out the check boxes. I wouldn't expect a complete at Chicago until at least mid-February. They're way behind and working in strict chronological order--and they just finished making decisions on most of the October completes. Cornell is also notorious for not updating its status checker; someone reported a few days ago that their status checker miraculously changed to "Complete 11/xx" (some date in November) despite it being well into January.

itsirtou

Postby itsirtou » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:36 am

BenJ wrote:
itsirtou wrote:Complete at Columbia, UCLA, and Texas-Austin.

STILL waiting to go complete at Cornell, UChicago, Michigan, and Penn, applied to all on 1/5. I'm kind of worried about Penn, because on the status checker, all that's checked off as being received is the LSDAS report -- the personal statement, resume, etc. boxes aren't checked. Which is weird because I looked again at the LSAC report, and that's all in there. It was submitted on 1/5.

Might call 'em tomorrow to make sure everything's OK.

I have the same, although I submitted later (on 1/11). I think Penn is just slow to fill out the check boxes. I wouldn't expect a complete at Chicago until at least mid-February. They're way behind and working in strict chronological order--and they just finished making decisions on most of the October completes. Cornell is also notorious for not updating its status checker; someone reported a few days ago that their status checker miraculously changed to "Complete 11/xx" (some date in November) despite it being well into January.

Whew okay, that makes me feel better. I was getting nervous about Penn magically not receiving things. It's kind of amazing how paranoid status checkers can make you.

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:43 am

i'm having the same issue with penn... applied 1/4 and i know everything is in, but only the lsdas report is checked off...

:(

hiromoto45

Postby hiromoto45 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:17 am

jl2032 wrote:i'm having the same issue with penn... applied 1/4 and i know everything is in, but only the lsdas report is checked off...

:(

I called most go the schools listed above. Penn is behind and Chicago won't be getting to any post -dec apps anytime soon.

Genki

Postby Genki » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:11 am

Stanford just told me that my application is complete.
Sent on 1/4.

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:34 am

GMU let me in via voicemail, but I sent my app back in December. Sucks that I'm having all my mail sent to my permanent address, so I do not know about other applications.

SAOJD10

Postby SAOJD10 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:53 am

In and Miami and Florida CoasTTTTal and dinged at UGA

pleasetryagain

Postby pleasetryagain » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:36 pm

in at emory via snail mail.. applied first week of january..

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:02 pm

DCD wrote:in at emory via snail mail.. applied first week of january..

Congrats! Applied at the same time as you, do you mind sharing your numbers? Is Emory a top choice for you?

MF248

Postby MF248 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:13 pm

BenJ wrote:
bloodonthetracks wrote:
BenJ wrote:Okay, unlikely to get many responses, but anyway... has anyone applied to Yale within the past month or so? About how long does it take to get the complete e-mail? Has anyone applied since the December LSAT and gone complete? (I haven't, submitted 12/30.) I don't think I have a chance at Yale because my GPA is mediocre for them and my softs are nothing special, but I can still dream.

yale is notoriously slow. applied a few days after you; I'm not complete and not expecting to hear anything until april. (unless they consider me an auto-reject.)

and don't use this pseudo-humble "I don't think I have a chance" (I don't-want-to-jinx-myself) bullshit. you have a 178.

Meh. I genuinely do not expect much from Yale. They don't care about numbers as long as your numbers are good, so a 178 is not as useful as it is for the other T6. I mean, maybe I offer something unique that I'm not aware of, but I feel a lot like generic person #439,784 who decided to apply to law school in junior year and who has generic undergraduate softs with nothing spectacular and a Y250 with a really boring topic. Perhaps not. Yale would be awesome.

Woo, pessimism!

Plus, you know, they rejected me for undergrad in favor of a girl from my high school who spoke openly about cheating on the SAT and who I was forced to be debate partners with who was only on the team to pad her college apps and who I suspect slept with a teacher to get her recommendation. It doesn't endear Yale to me. (I would take them anyway, though.)

I also had to be debate partners with a complete shlomoe, so I feel your pains. She wasn't as crazy as yours sounds tho.

ivorynightfall

Postby ivorynightfall » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:00 pm

Took LSAT in June but was a fool and waited until 12/15 to submit even though all the recs I was ever going to get had been in since 11/15 (was waiting on a rec from another prof, now on the NSC, who wrote me a Fulbright rec but decided to return to working on national security issues after) -

173, 3.86, lots of research assistance + individual research, article in scholarly journal pub. by UCB press, Stanford

Harvard -

JR1 email 1/15
JR1 call 1/20

got skipped for first round of JR2 yesterday

Yale - (not submitted until 1/8 or so)

got some email a couple days ago about how its peak application period for them and that they received notification from LSAC that I submitted and will probably get my actual app in a week

Stanford -

notification application received on 12/17, but no email that application is complete or correspondence ever since

also, no correspondence (via email anyway; forgot to forward the mail from my 'current' address to my permanent - currently studying abroad; and my mom canceled my US cell which i listed as my current phone number --;) from Georgetown, NYU, Chicago at all (not even app received!) and none from Columbia or UCB since app received

-should I be worried and try to contact the schools that have not corresponded with me at all? aka stanford?

bloodonthetracks

Postby bloodonthetracks » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:10 pm

ivorynightfall wrote:Took LSAT in June but was a fool and waited until 12/15 to submit even though all the recs I was ever going to get had been in since 11/15 (was waiting on a rec from another prof, now on the NSC, who wrote me a Fulbright rec but decided to return to working on national security issues after) -

173, 3.86, lots of research assistance + individual research, article in scholarly journal pub. by UCB press, Stanford

Harvard -

JR1 email 1/15
JR1 call 1/20

got skipped for first round of JR2 yesterday

Yale - (not submitted until 1/8 or so)

got some email a couple days ago about how its peak application period for them and that they received notification from LSAC that I submitted and will probably get my actual app in a week

Stanford -

notification application received on 12/17, but no email that application is complete or correspondence ever since

also, no correspondence (via email anyway; forgot to forward the mail from my 'current' address to my permanent - currently studying abroad; and my mom canceled my US cell which i listed as my current phone number --;) from Georgetown, NYU, Chicago at all (not even app received!) and none from Columbia or UCB since app received

-should I be worried and try to contact the schools that have not corresponded with me at all? aka stanford?

i applied to stanford on dec 29 and got a "received" email a week later and a "complete" email a few days ago. maybe you should get in touch with them.

bloodonthetracks

Postby bloodonthetracks » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:26 pm

UR at Harvard. yikes. awaiting the blow.

luckyjd

Postby luckyjd » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:28 pm

DCD wrote:in at emory via snail mail.. applied first week of january..

that's crazy! so quick... you must have been auto-admit for them =/ i applied around same time as you, only went complete a week ago. congrats!

Genki

Postby Genki » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:48 pm

Just got a complete email from NYU.
Submitted apps on 1/2-1/4

So far...
Columbia: Complete
NYU: Complete
Stanford: Complete
Berkeley: Under Review (basically means the same as Complete)
Harvard: Complete

eshort

Postby eshort » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:53 pm

Genki wrote:Just got a complete email from NYU.

So far...

REALLY complete at Columbia or pending completion?

pleasetryagain

Postby pleasetryagain » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:10 pm

eshort wrote:
Genki wrote:Just got a complete email from NYU.

So far...

REALLY complete at Columbia or pending completion?

FWIW I just went complete the other day at Columbia. Applied first week of January.

Zara

Postby Zara » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:37 pm

went complete at NYU today. I applied on 1/7.

I'm complete or UR everywhere now except for maybe notre dame, berkeley, Penn, and Yale...I haven't heard anything from them.

hiromoto45

Postby hiromoto45 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:09 pm

Is there a status checker for UT-Austin? I've only gotten a received app email.

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:10 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bwana73

Postby bwana73 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:19 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
hiromoto45 wrote:Is there a status checker for UT-Austin? I've only gotten a received app email.

+1

Heard from UVA today. Got in, so I'm very happy. Not as happy about making a fool of myself on the phone, but I think they understand. :mrgreen:

Sauer Grapes,
What are our numbers? Did you apply ED? UVA is my top choice, but I am still just complete and am crazy antsy.
Last edited by bwana73 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Interminable_Waiting

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:37 pm

In today at Brooklyn via email. Will need a full scholarship to consider them.
Complete today at NYU and yesterday at Columbia. Both huge reaches though, so I am not expecting good news.

adrib

Postby adrib » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:41 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:Is there a status checker for UT-Austin? I've only gotten a received app email.

There is--I got mine on Saturday after applying on the 9th.
--
I have a question: I applied to NU on 1/9, and they have not yet requested my report from LSAC--it still shows up under my active apps, even. Is this normal?

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:44 pm

Ahh! Finally complete at Columbia! What they were doing sending e-mails at 8:11 p.m., I have no idea, but I am very relieved. (Applied 12/29, received 12/30.)

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:47 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”