Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BenJ

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby BenJ » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:11 am

Okay, unlikely to get many responses, but anyway... has anyone applied to Yale within the past month or so? About how long does it take to get the complete e-mail? Has anyone applied since the December LSAT and gone complete? (I haven't, submitted 12/30.) I don't think I have a chance at Yale because my GPA is mediocre for them and my softs are nothing special, but I can still dream.

lsatrehtard

Postby lsatrehtard » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:32 am

Sent out a bunch of apps after getting my Dec. score back, here's the stats:

URM: "hispanic" (spain)
GPA: 3.7x
LSAT: 157, 162
some decent softs
CA resident

Accepted to USD so far, app went complete on 1/14... kinda fast right?

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:29 am

lsatrehtard wrote:Accepted to USD so far, app went complete on 1/14... kinda fast right?

If you sent them out in early Jan, not really. Bunch of my apps had a 10 day turnaround from received to complete.

bloodonthetracks

Postby bloodonthetracks » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:17 pm

BenJ wrote:Okay, unlikely to get many responses, but anyway... has anyone applied to Yale within the past month or so? About how long does it take to get the complete e-mail? Has anyone applied since the December LSAT and gone complete? (I haven't, submitted 12/30.) I don't think I have a chance at Yale because my GPA is mediocre for them and my softs are nothing special, but I can still dream.

yale is notoriously slow. applied a few days after you; I'm not complete and not expecting to hear anything until april. (unless they consider me an auto-reject.)

and don't use this pseudo-humble "I don't think I have a chance" (I don't-want-to-jinx-myself) bullshit. you have a 178. there are no guarantees at yale, but you certainly have a "chance."

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:32 pm

bloodonthetracks wrote:
BenJ wrote:Okay, unlikely to get many responses, but anyway... has anyone applied to Yale within the past month or so? About how long does it take to get the complete e-mail? Has anyone applied since the December LSAT and gone complete? (I haven't, submitted 12/30.) I don't think I have a chance at Yale because my GPA is mediocre for them and my softs are nothing special, but I can still dream.

yale is notoriously slow. applied a few days after you; I'm not complete and not expecting to hear anything until april. (unless they consider me an auto-reject.)

and don't use this pseudo-humble "I don't think I have a chance" (I don't-want-to-jinx-myself) bullshit. you have a 178.

Meh. I genuinely do not expect much from Yale. They don't care about numbers as long as your numbers are good, so a 178 is not as useful as it is for the other T6. I mean, maybe I offer something unique that I'm not aware of, but I feel a lot like generic person #439,784 who decided to apply to law school in junior year and who has generic undergraduate softs with nothing spectacular and a Y250 with a really boring topic. Perhaps not. Yale would be awesome.

Woo, pessimism!

Plus, you know, they rejected me for undergrad in favor of a girl from my high school who spoke openly about cheating on the SAT and who I was forced to be debate partners with who was only on the team to pad her college apps and who I suspect slept with a teacher to get her recommendation. It doesn't endear Yale to me. (I would take them anyway, though.)

bloodonthetracks

Postby bloodonthetracks » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:37 pm

BenJ wrote:
bloodonthetracks wrote:

and don't use this pseudo-humble "I don't think I have a chance" (I don't-want-to-jinx-myself) bullshit. you have a 178.

Meh. I genuinely do not expect much from Yale. They don't care about numbers as long as your numbers are good, so a 178 is not as useful as it is for the other T6. I mean, maybe I offer something unique that I'm not aware of, but I feel a lot like generic person #439,784 who decided to apply to law school in junior year and who has generic undergraduate softs with nothing spectacular and a Y250 with a really boring topic. Perhaps not. Yale would be awesome.

Woo, pessimism!

Plus, you know, they rejected me for undergrad in favor of a girl from my high school who spoke openly about cheating on the SAT and who I was forced to be debate partners with who was only on the team to pad her college apps and who I suspect slept with a teacher to get her recommendation. It doesn't endear Yale to me. (I would take them anyway, though.)

OK, then say this; just don't say "I don't think I have a chance." Though saying "178 is not as useful as it is for the other T6" is rather silly.

How did that girl cheat on the SAT?

Interminable_Waiting

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:41 pm

Priority Reserve at Duke.

Complete 1/14; DR 1/24.

10 Day track thingie. I did not write a Why Duke optional essay, which I think is part of not being accepted. I will write one now and see if that pushes me over the top. Probably will have to wait two months or so for an answer, though.

14 other apps pending to keep me busy.

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:47 pm

bloodonthetracks wrote:
BenJ wrote:
bloodonthetracks wrote:

Woo, pessimism!

OK, then say this; just don't say "I don't think I have a chance." Though saying "178 is not as useful as it is for the other T6" is rather silly.

Cell phones. She took the SAT in Hawaii specifically to be able to get test questions early from someone taking it on the East Coast. (HS was in NJ; she flew to Hawaii just to take the SAT.) Probably other stuff, too, but that's the part I know.

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:47 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bloodonthetracks

Postby bloodonthetracks » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:51 pm

BenJ wrote:
bloodonthetracks wrote:
BenJ wrote:

Woo, pessimism!

Cell phones. She took the SAT in Hawaii specifically to be able to get test questions early from someone taking it on the East Coast. (HS was in NJ; she flew to Hawaii just to take the SAT.) Probably other stuff, too, but that's the part I know.

that is ridiculous.

bloodonthetracks

Postby bloodonthetracks » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:53 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:Heard from Duke yesterday after applying 1/13 via priority track. I also did not write a why Duke, but got lucky and was accepted.

congrats. wish i had applied PT (didn't get an email for it/didn't know about it)

jd-mba

Postby jd-mba » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:28 pm

Bikeflip wrote:
lsatrehtard wrote:Accepted to USD so far, app went complete on 1/14... kinda fast right?

If you sent them out in early Jan, not really. Bunch of my apps had a 10 day turnaround from received to complete.

The complete turnaround isn't surprising, but the decision 10 days after complete is fast! :) I'm jealous.

Thunder Jones

Postby Thunder Jones » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:37 pm

SLU assigned me an email address today, which I'm taking as acceptance. It's a safety, but it's also my first decision of the cycle, so I'm happy.

Genki

Postby Genki » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Just went under review (aka complete) at Berkeley.
sent on 1/10

hiromoto45

Postby hiromoto45 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:41 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:Heard from Duke yesterday after applying 1/13 via priority track. I also did not write a why Duke, but got lucky and was accepted.

If you are not PT then you aren't hearing back for a couple of months then with Duke?

taw856

Postby taw856 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:01 pm

WL at Loyola (Chicago).

lawschooliseasy

Postby lawschooliseasy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:04 pm

In at Washington and Lee.

eshort

Postby eshort » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:22 pm

Complete at Indiana Bloomington, today (submitted 1/13).

Edit: Fixed typo.
Last edited by eshort on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jmaan

Postby jmaan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:24 pm

waiting for mail from W&L and SCU assuming in at both.
UR at Harvard and Indiana U

bwana73

Postby bwana73 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:26 pm

traehekat wrote:
bwana73 wrote:In at W&M via snail mail

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your numbers?

hiromoto45 wrote:Is an auto-admit only applicants above both medians?

Generally speaking an auto-admit is usually someone who is above or very near the 75th percentile in both LSAT and GPA, although I suppose it depends on how loose your definition of "auto-admit" is.

173/3.6 ish... I adjusted a little. It was a really quick turn around
Last edited by bwana73 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:56 pm

Speak of the devil: complete e-mail from Yale just now. Now, the waiting game. Who will render a decision later: Yale or Chicago?
Last edited by BenJ on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:59 pm

eshort wrote:Complete at Indiana Bloomington, today (submitter 1/13).

Here too...I didn't realize it was going to take this long to go complete (Submitted 12/28)

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:00 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:

Here too...I didn't realize it was going to take this long to go complete (Submitted 12/28)

Same. Submitted 12.28, complete today.

BruinOB

Postby BruinOB » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:01 pm

In at AZ and Penn State... complete/under review at most others. Sent apps last week of december or first week of january

algren

Postby algren » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:04 pm

Beatrice wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:

Same. Submitted 12.28, complete today.

Also complete today, submitted 1/7.

IU-Bloomington run, woo hoo!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”