Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gobears09
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby gobears09 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:27 pm

Ding from UVA this morning via email

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:38 pm

hannah87 wrote:
ryguy wrote:A big fat special "hold" email from Cardozo...169/3.4x WTF.


that's effed up.



=/

are you from out of state?...

lawschooliseasy
Posts: 460
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby lawschooliseasy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:40 pm

sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
ryguy wrote:A big fat special "hold" email from Cardozo...169/3.4x WTF.


that's effed up.



=/

are you from out of state?...


Did you murder somebody with an ice pick? And get convicted?

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:42 pm

lawschooliseasy wrote:
sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
ryguy wrote:A big fat special "hold" email from Cardozo...169/3.4x WTF.


that's effed up.



=/

are you from out of state?...


Did you murder somebody with an ice pick? And get convicted?



You just said you were done trolling. You lied.

User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby ryguy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:09 pm

sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
ryguy wrote:A big fat special "hold" email from Cardozo...169/3.4x WTF.


that's effed up.



=/

are you from out of state?...

In New York, my whole life!

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:11 pm

ryguy wrote:
sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
ryguy wrote:A big fat special "hold" email from Cardozo...169/3.4x WTF.


that's effed up.



=/

are you from out of state?...

In New York, my whole life!



well fuck. ...what's your cycle been like so far? Maybe you got a crappy LOR?...

User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby ryguy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:12 pm

Really, don't get it at all. Two degrees, 2 languages, college soccer player- 4 years, on and on. Don't much care.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:13 pm

ryguy wrote:Really, don't get it at all. Two degrees, 2 languages, college soccer player- 4 years, on and on. Don't much care.


Maybe they YPd you for having 2 degrees. I feel like a good chunk of people know 2 languages, though. Hannah's got rocking stats and they hearted her.... Was your undergrad religiously affiliated or a school upstate that's not well known?... I'm asking because now I'm worrying.

User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby ryguy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:18 pm

sibley wrote:
ryguy wrote:Really, don't get it at all. Two degrees, 2 languages, college soccer player- 4 years, on and on. Don't much care.


Maybe they YPd you for having 2 degrees. I feel like a good chunk of people know 2 languages, though. Hannah's got rocking stats and they hearted her.... Was your undergrad religiously affiliated or a school upstate that's not well known?... I'm asking because now I'm worrying.

PA Liberal Arts school, fairly well known. I got in at higher ranked schools with money, but I would like to stay in NY to watch over my folks. Not that any of that matters, except in my world.

samiam123
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby samiam123 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:20 pm

sorry for the ignorant post (very new to the whole law school admissions process)-

what does "hold" mean?is it better or worse than waitlist?

User avatar
gdane
Posts: 12331
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby gdane » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:22 pm

Im not too sure. Search the forums for previous threads. My guess is it's worse than a waitlist.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:23 pm

ryguy wrote:
sibley wrote:
ryguy wrote:Really, don't get it at all. Two degrees, 2 languages, college soccer player- 4 years, on and on. Don't much care.


Maybe they YPd you for having 2 degrees. I feel like a good chunk of people know 2 languages, though. Hannah's got rocking stats and they hearted her.... Was your undergrad religiously affiliated or a school upstate that's not well known?... I'm asking because now I'm worrying.

PA Liberal Arts school, fairly well known. I got in at higher ranked schools with money, but I would like to stay in NY to watch over my folks. Not that any of that matters, except in my world.


blah.


ok I had a whole message in my head about how I'd just worry independently and thanking you for the information and saying at least you had good offers other places, even if they weren't in NY... got phone call.

In at Cardozo, 30k/yr. Still debating how I feel about the 30k. My favorite option right now, though.

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:24 pm

Finally complete at Cornell. "Decision" at Michigan but can't login to the admitted students site.

User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby ryguy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:24 pm

samiam123 wrote:sorry for the ignorant post (very new to the whole law school admissions process)-

what does "hold" mean?is it better or worse than waitlist?

Email states a final determination has not yet been made. But, please know that yours is one of a relatively small number of applications placed on hold. Blah, blah, blah.

User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby ryguy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:26 pm

sibley wrote:
ryguy wrote:
sibley wrote:
ryguy wrote:Really, don't get it at all. Two degrees, 2 languages, college soccer player- 4 years, on and on. Don't much care.


Maybe they YPd you for having 2 degrees. I feel like a good chunk of people know 2 languages, though. Hannah's got rocking stats and they hearted her.... Was your undergrad religiously affiliated or a school upstate that's not well known?... I'm asking because now I'm worrying.

PA Liberal Arts school, fairly well known. I got in at higher ranked schools with money, but I would like to stay in NY to watch over my folks. Not that any of that matters, except in my world.


blah.


ok I had a whole message in my head about how I'd just worry independently and thanking you for the information and saying at least you had good offers other places, even if they weren't in NY... got phone call.

In at Cardozo, 30k/yr. Still debating how I feel about the 30k. My favorite option right now, though.

Congrats!!!!! Sucks to be me. Meh

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:34 pm

ryguy wrote:
sibley wrote:
ryguy wrote:
sibley wrote:Maybe they YPd you for having 2 degrees. I feel like a good chunk of people know 2 languages, though. Hannah's got rocking stats and they hearted her.... Was your undergrad religiously affiliated or a school upstate that's not well known?... I'm asking because now I'm worrying.

PA Liberal Arts school, fairly well known. I got in at higher ranked schools with money, but I would like to stay in NY to watch over my folks. Not that any of that matters, except in my world.


blah.


ok I had a whole message in my head about how I'd just worry independently and thanking you for the information and saying at least you had good offers other places, even if they weren't in NY... got phone call.

In at Cardozo, 30k/yr. Still debating how I feel about the 30k. My favorite option right now, though.

Congrats!!!!! Sucks to be me. Meh


=) you apply to penn? that's close. boston, too.

DukeHopeful
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby DukeHopeful » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:35 pm

Anyone else have their UVA status checker PR/D date change to this week? It had been early Feb, I'm not sure if it means anything or not. Ugh, I didn't send my apps out till late Jan, havn't heard back from anyone yet.

User avatar
Interminable_Waiting
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:25 pm

In at Cardozo w/ full tuition via phone call.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby hannah87 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:27 pm

Interminable_Waiting wrote:In at Cardozo w/ full tuition via phone call.


congrats!!! now if only we could hear from NYU...

User avatar
mazzini
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:16 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby mazzini » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:41 pm

In at WUSTL yesterday via email. 2 weeks from submission of app to decision.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:42 pm

hannah87 wrote:
Interminable_Waiting wrote:In at Cardozo w/ full tuition via phone call.


congrats!!! now if only we could hear from NYU...


And when you do will you both please call up Cardozo and tell them to give me your moneys?

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby hannah87 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:43 pm

sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
Interminable_Waiting wrote:In at Cardozo w/ full tuition via phone call.


congrats!!! now if only we could hear from NYU...


And when you do will you both please call up Cardozo and tell them to give me your moneys?


of course!

User avatar
Interminable_Waiting
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:50 pm

hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
Interminable_Waiting wrote:In at Cardozo w/ full tuition via phone call.


congrats!!! now if only we could hear from NYU...


And when you do will you both please call up Cardozo and tell them to give me your moneys?


of course!



As soon as I calmed down I would withdraw from everywhere else. So like a month later.

andreea7
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby andreea7 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:29 pm

In at Brooklyn Law School -- money stuff to be determined in March. Applied end of January. Numbers above their 75th percentile

Flanker1067
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:47 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby Flanker1067 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:59 pm

Waitlisted at UVA at 5 PM....




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 5 guests