Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
acrossthepond

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby acrossthepond » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:43 am

Decision rendered from Pepperdine yesterday. Wish I didn't have to wait for it to come in the mail....

wakefield

Postby wakefield » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:08 am

Jerzeegirl wrote:For those who sent applications out late December/early January. . . how many safeties? Started with five but since I haven't received a single response yet, I'm wondering if I should keep applying until I get my first acceptance.

I've got about 5, too. It's weird to just be waiting around now after being busy for the last several months, so I may apply to a few others just to make myself feel better.

meowmeow

Postby meowmeow » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:19 am

I applied to Vandy late Nov/ early Dec and had my account on hold for the December LSAT score. It still has not gone complete. CHECKED AND MY LSAC REPORT WITH NEW SCORE WAS SENT 12/30!! WTF

Anyone in the same boat?

T_Easy

Postby T_Easy » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:31 am

In at Georgia, apps are complete and under review at Florida, Florida State, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame, Alabama, and Emory.

SweetrollStealer

Postby SweetrollStealer » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:39 am

meowmeow wrote:I applied to Vandy late Nov/ early Dec and had my account on hold for the December LSAT score. It still has not gone complete. CHECKED AND MY LSAC REPORT WITH NEW SCORE WAS SENT 12/30!! WTF

Anyone in the same boat?

I applied to Vanderbilt late December, it's still at "Application Recieved 12/27"

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:59 am

Didn't take the December LSAT, but submitted late (most submitted 12/28, a few more submitted last week) because I was waiting for my LORs until Christmas. Those plus soft factors should be some of my strengths. 3.3 GPA, 172 LSAT. In fact, I still have a few left to submit but I am currently out of money until I get paid at the end of the month. Have applied to 17 schools so far (including a few safeties), complete at most. I check my status checkers about 23890x/day, despite knowing that nothing has changed. I am not a patient enough person for this!

groundkontrol

Postby groundkontrol » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:14 am

meowmeow wrote:I applied to Vandy late Nov/ early Dec and had my account on hold for the December LSAT score. It still has not gone complete. CHECKED AND MY LSAC REPORT WITH NEW SCORE WAS SENT 12/30!! WTF

Anyone in the same boat?

I was in the exact same boat. I emailed them on Monday and in one day they cleared up the issue, updated my status checker, and sent me the "complete" email.

The Pen Is Mightier

Postby The Pen Is Mightier » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:17 am

Beatrice wrote:Didn't take the December LSAT, but submitted late (most submitted 12/28, a few more submitted last week) because I was waiting for my LORs until Christmas. Those plus soft factors should be some of my strengths. 3.3 GPA, 172 LSAT. In fact, I still have a few left to submit but I am currently out of money until I get paid at the end of the month. Have applied to 17 schools so far (including a few safeties), complete at most. I check my status checkers about 23890x/day, despite knowing that nothing has changed. I am not a patient enough person for this!

Beatrice, we've got verrrry similar numbers and I only sent out my apps around a week before you. I also didn't take december lsat. The waiting is killing me too now that I'm done!

thickfreakness

Postby thickfreakness » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:22 am

nhop wrote:

Anyone in the same boat?

I applied to Vanderbilt late December, it's still at "Application Recieved 12/27"

Applied in early January and still haven't gone complete. I'll probably contact them fairly soon and ask if there's anything missing from my file/why I'm not complete yet.

meowmeow

Postby meowmeow » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:22 am

groundkontrol wrote:

Anyone in the same boat?

I was in the exact same boat. I emailed them on Monday and in one day they cleared up the issue, updated my status checker, and sent me the "complete" email.

Yeah I tried to be slick and email them my new score blah blah on 1/12 and this was the reponse:

Thank you for your email and your interest in Vanderbilt University Law School. Once your updated report is processed you will receive an email notifying you’re your file is now complete.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:35 am

The Pen Is Mightier wrote:
Beatrice wrote:Didn't take the December LSAT, but submitted late (most submitted 12/28, a few more submitted last week) because I was waiting for my LORs until Christmas. Those plus soft factors should be some of my strengths. 3.3 GPA, 172 LSAT. In fact, I still have a few left to submit but I am currently out of money until I get paid at the end of the month. Have applied to 17 schools so far (including a few safeties), complete at most. I check my status checkers about 23890x/day, despite knowing that nothing has changed. I am not a patient enough person for this!

Beatrice, we've got verrrry similar numbers and I only sent out my apps around a week before you. I also didn't take december lsat. The waiting is killing me too now that I'm done!

It it seriously turning me into a crazy person! I even have dreams about being accepted/rejected/going to law school. All of my friends keep telling me to chill out, but they just don't understand! haha

I also keep second-guessing myself and thinking that I wish I had done this or that. BLAH!

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:46 pm

Decision Made at Loyola Chicago this morning. Should receive in the mail within 10-14 days.

Nat1018

Postby Nat1018 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:48 pm

Just got my acceptance packet from U of San Diego and U of the Pacific! First 2 acceptances so far.

SAE

Postby SAE » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:50 pm

Apps submitted first week of December. Still nothing (except for my ED school that waited for my score).

hwstewart

Postby hwstewart » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:12 pm

In at UGA today! Kind of weird they don't inform about scholarships until Feb. :? I would love to work in ATL so it'll be interesting to run the cost-benefit game b/n Emory + UGA (assuming Emory shows some love :lol: )

W&L says that they have reached a decision today and notification is pending. Just called and they said they can't inform on decisions over the phone. :evil: Have to wait on snail mail then. I don't understand why some schools (Emory, W&L, etc) don't have online status checking and/or communicate decisions in anything other than snail mail. I want ANSWERS!

shilpa

Postby shilpa » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:17 pm

traehekat wrote:Decision Made at Loyola Chicago this morning. Should receive in the mail within 10-14 days.

When did you submit/ go complete? Thanks! And good luck!

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:44 pm

shilpa wrote:
traehekat wrote:Decision Made at Loyola Chicago this morning. Should receive in the mail within 10-14 days.

Thanks. Submitted 1/1, received 1/7, complete 1/12.

Heh, I may or may not have accidentally sent my application to Loyola mentioning DePaul, so this should be interesting. I submitted a revised personal statement, so hopefully they didn't even notice or didn't make a big deal of it. I am above GPA median and above 75th percentile for LSAT, so I am hoping for good news.

GordonCole

Postby GordonCole » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:16 pm

I took the September LSAT, retook in December, sent most of my apps around mid-November and a few in late December. So far, I'm in at Duke, Emory and University of Minnesota. DR 1/14 at Georgetown. On the other hand, not even complete at NYU.

shilpa

Postby shilpa » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:31 pm

traehekat wrote:
shilpa wrote:

Thanks. Submitted 1/1, received 1/7, complete 1/12.

Heh, I may or may not have accidentally sent my application to Loyola mentioning DePaul, so this should be interesting. I submitted a revised personal statement, so hopefully they didn't even notice or didn't make a big deal of it. I am above GPA median and above 75th percentile for LSAT, so I am hoping for good news.

Hopefully that means I'll hear from them soon since I went complete on 1/13. Haha aw well they might not have even looked at the first one if you mentioned it was revised. I'm sure you'll be fine!

wjnahill

Postby wjnahill » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:43 pm

GordonCole wrote:I took the September LSAT, retook in December, sent most of my apps around mid-November and a few in late December. So far, I'm in at Duke, Emory and University of Minnesota. DR 1/14 at Georgetown. On the other hand, not even complete at NYU.

Did you go complete at Emory just a couple of days ago?

Also, a quick question for people you have this timeline (applied in November w/ an LSAT, retook in December) -

If you were complete/under review prior to the December LSAT, do you expect to get a new complete/under review date on your status checker?

GordonCole

Postby GordonCole » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:52 pm

wjnahill wrote:
GordonCole wrote:I took the September LSAT, retook in December, sent most of my apps around mid-November and a few in late December. So far, I'm in at Duke, Emory and University of Minnesota. DR 1/14 at Georgetown. On the other hand, not even complete at NYU.

Did you go complete at Emory just a couple of days ago?

Also, a quick question for people you have this timeline (applied in November w/ an LSAT, retook in December) -

If you were complete/under review prior to the December LSAT, do you expect to get a new complete/under review date on your status checker?

I got an email saying I was complete at Emory in mid-December. No communication from them until I got in.

ornbarn

Postby ornbarn » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:20 pm

finally... complete at NYU today. Application sent 1/4, application received 1/12.

Still haven't gone complete at all of the other schools I applied to on 1/4.

bloodonthetracks

Postby bloodonthetracks » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:01 pm

ornbarn wrote:finally... complete at NYU today. Application sent 1/4, application received 1/12.

also complete at NYU (via email).

hiromoto45

Postby hiromoto45 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:09 pm

Villanova: Applied 12/30, Accepted 01/20

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:48 pm

bloodonthetracks wrote:
ornbarn wrote:finally... complete at NYU today. Application sent 1/4, application received 1/12.

also complete at NYU (via email).

Should I email them? Application submitted 12/29, received 1/12, no complete email today. I guess I'll wait until tomorrow at least; maybe they're just going through names alphabetically or something.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”