Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kbeth18
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:06 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby kbeth18 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:09 am

Lonagan wrote:Dinged at UVA today. First rejection of the cycle. Northwestern don't break my heart now.



Sorry to hear that. When did you submit/go complete? Did you ever have the "File Complete, Pending Review/Decision" status? I've had it since 1/18 and it's making me nervous!

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:10 am

Hoyaloha808 wrote:i'm still not under review at duke/penn. applied around 1/12. is this odd? should i contact the schools?


I don't think it's odd... I applied late dec/very early jan and just now went complete,according to them...

kbeth18
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:06 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby kbeth18 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:11 am

Hoyaloha808 wrote:i'm still not under review at duke/penn. applied around 1/12. is this odd? should i contact the schools?



I don't think it's odd. I applied to Duke 1/4 and went UR on 2/8. I would imagine they received A LOT of applications between 1/4 and 1/12, so it might be another week or so until you go UR. Hope this helps!

Hoyaloha808
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:33 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby Hoyaloha808 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:13 am

thanks everyone! i'll give the schools some more time.

User avatar
bloodonthetracks
Posts: 422
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby bloodonthetracks » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:01 pm

thickfreakness wrote:
Rawlsian wrote:Logged onto email this morning to find preferred waitlist at Georgetown. This is my first decision from t14; its got me a little worried about my chances at some other top schools.


+1. Seriously. Now I'm even more nervous about my other T14 applications.


yesterday gtown waitlisted a shitload of people with 170/3.6+. they want LOCIs. don't be worried about other schools; you have to consider this YP.

User avatar
thickfreakness
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby thickfreakness » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:10 pm

bloodonthetracks wrote:
thickfreakness wrote:
Rawlsian wrote:Logged onto email this morning to find preferred waitlist at Georgetown. This is my first decision from t14; its got me a little worried about my chances at some other top schools.


+1. Seriously. Now I'm even more nervous about my other T14 applications.


yesterday gtown waitlisted a shitload of people with 170/3.6+. they want LOCIs. don't be worried about other schools; you have to consider this YP.


Yeah but it's out of character for them. I honestly think it was only because they've handed out a ton of offers already. I think everyone who got WLed yesterday applied late.

What concerns me is that late applicants might get squeezed because of the massive increase in applications this cycle. I just hope that other schools aren't going to follow GULC's lead.

User avatar
bloodonthetracks
Posts: 422
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby bloodonthetracks » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:15 pm

thickfreakness wrote:
bloodonthetracks wrote:
thickfreakness wrote:
Rawlsian wrote:Logged onto email this morning to find preferred waitlist at Georgetown. This is my first decision from t14; its got me a little worried about my chances at some other top schools.


+1. Seriously. Now I'm even more nervous about my other T14 applications.


yesterday gtown waitlisted a shitload of people with 170/3.6+. they want LOCIs. don't be worried about other schools; you have to consider this YP.


Yeah but it's out of character for them. I honestly think it was only because they've handed out a ton of offers already. I think everyone who got WLed yesterday applied late.


i agree, but i have to think that most of t14 realized that applications would be way up and didn't hand out too many acceptances before january. gtown seems to be overwhelmed to an extent that other schools aren't. but maybe i'm wrong.

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby booboo » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:18 pm

bloodonthetracks wrote:
thickfreakness wrote:
bloodonthetracks wrote:
thickfreakness wrote:
+1. Seriously. Now I'm even more nervous about my other T14 applications.


yesterday gtown waitlisted a shitload of people with 170/3.6+. they want LOCIs. don't be worried about other schools; you have to consider this YP.


Yeah but it's out of character for them. I honestly think it was only because they've handed out a ton of offers already. I think everyone who got WLed yesterday applied late.


i agree, but i have to think that most of t14 realized that applications would be way up and didn't hand out too many acceptances before january. gtown seems to be overwhelmed to an extent that other schools aren't. but maybe i'm wrong.


It's also important to note that not every school will record the ridiculous application influx Cornell has had.

cubswin
Posts: 618
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby cubswin » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:19 pm

bloodonthetracks wrote:i agree, but i have to think that most of t14 realized that applications would be way up and didn't hand out too many acceptances before january. gtown seems to be overwhelmed to an extent that other schools aren't. but maybe i'm wrong.


Sounds like it might make sense. They receive the most applications out of all schools IIRC.

lawlife2010
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:08 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby lawlife2010 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:22 pm

AHHHH
can the mail just come already today!?!

User avatar
wakefield
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:45 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby wakefield » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:23 pm

booboo wrote:It's also important to note that not every school will record the ridiculous application influx Cornell has had.



I agree, but I have a feeling many top schools (particularly the t14) have seen a lot more applications this cycle. Maybe not 50%+, but still. What I'm curious about is the quality of the applicants. Maybe the influx just means more paperwork, not more candidates to seriously consider.

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby booboo » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:25 pm

I would say 10% increase for all of the T14, excluding Cornell, Georgetown, Duke, and Virginia.

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby Holly Golightly » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:30 pm

I'm in love with DC, I still really want G-town. I'll be drafting an LOCI tonight/tomorrow.

User avatar
bloodonthetracks
Posts: 422
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby bloodonthetracks » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:31 pm

wakefield wrote:
booboo wrote:It's also important to note that not every school will record the ridiculous application influx Cornell has had.



I agree, but I have a feeling many top schools (particularly the t14) have seen a lot more applications this cycle. Maybe not 50%+, but still. What I'm curious about is the quality of the applicants. Maybe the influx just means more paperwork, not more candidates to seriously consider.


i think a ton of talented (or at least motivated) people expecting to get into finance, consulting, etc. found themselves screwed and turned to law school. you've especially got to expect that a lot of these gung-ho investment banker types (at my UG, they were a dime a dozen; high gpas, good at testing) are looking to law.

User avatar
jl2032
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby jl2032 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:43 pm

UPenn UCR 2/18 (applied 1/4, complete 2/3)...

freaking out - this is my first "Under Committee Review"

User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby ryguy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:12 pm

Wait list letter via snail mail- ND- 169/3.4x. :cry:

gobears09
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby gobears09 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:13 pm

Rejected from Berkeley :cry:

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby booboo » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:14 pm

gobears09 wrote:Rejected from Berkeley :cry:


:/.

User avatar
raspberryfruitcake
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby raspberryfruitcake » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:17 pm

gobears09 wrote:Rejected from Berkeley :cry:


How did you hear back? :(

gobears09
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby gobears09 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:19 pm

booboo wrote:
gobears09 wrote:Rejected from Berkeley :cry:

:/.

raspberryfruitcake wrote:How did you hear back? :(


Via email just now. Completely, 100% expected. Still, would have given anything to go back.

Why do they taunt me and encourage me to apply to transfer?!

Edit: Applied 1/13, Under Review 1/19
Last edited by gobears09 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shaps6
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:55 am

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby shaps6 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:21 pm

gobears09 wrote:Rejected from Berkeley :cry:


Sorry to hear. What're your dates?

mrm2083
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:16 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby mrm2083 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:22 pm

Rejected from Berkeley as well, they're way too liberal for me anyways lol.

wjnahill
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:25 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby wjnahill » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:39 pm

Hey Bloodonthetracks, do you have an LSN profile? I cant find you.

User avatar
bloodonthetracks
Posts: 422
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby bloodonthetracks » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:46 pm

gobears09 wrote:Rejected from Berkeley :cry:


nuts

User avatar
bloodonthetracks
Posts: 422
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Postby bloodonthetracks » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:47 pm

wjnahill wrote:Hey Bloodonthetracks, do you have an LSN profile? I cant find you.


yes. here's a hint: blood on the tracks is a bob dylan album.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”