Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thickfreakness

Silver

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Post by thickfreakness » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:29 pm

KellyD09 wrote:All schools applied to between 1/3-1/11

Complete at: Baylor, Duke, Emory, Georgia State, Howard, Loyola- New Orleans, Tulane, Georgia, Houston, UNC, UVA, and Washington

Received but not complete at: LSU, Florida State, Texas, Alabama, and Cornell

Heard Nothing:

Today Vandy sent an email saying: Application Complete in the subject and "We have received all required materials for completing your application to Vanderbilt Law School." in the email... but status checker still says
Vanderbilt's status checker changes over at midnight, I believe. I would be it will say complete tomorrow morning if you check it.

taw856

Bronze

Post by taw856 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:39 pm

Nat1018 wrote:
taw856 wrote:DePaul called. First one. :)
Congratulations! When did you go complete? Did you status checker say "decision in 2-3 weeks"?
Thanks!

Went complete Jan. 8.

To be honest, hadn't checked my status since as I really didn't think a decision would be back that quickly. But the e-mail they sent did have the 2-3 week timeline, so I guess they were pretty much spot on.

big_blue79

Bronze

Post by big_blue79 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:48 pm

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one!

I am a very late app, like earlier this week (LoR issue, had to resolve from overseas). I got status checker from GULC and UVA (complete in <12 hrs), waiting on everything else. Yale app going up later this week. Rest are Columbia, Chicago, NYU, UCLA, Texas, Berkeley, Cornell.

Flanker1067

Silver

Post by Flanker1067 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:52 pm

Just got into Duke, applied around Jan 11th via Priority Track. Very excited for my first response, and a great one at that.

Zara

Bronze

Post by Zara » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:50 am

I applied between Jan 5th-9th. Here's what I have so far:

Duke--Accepted on 1/18 via PT. Went under review on 1/8
Columbia--Completion pending since 1/8
UVA--Complete/Pending Review/Decision since 1/8
GT--complete 1/11
BC--complete 1/19
Harvard--Received, completion pending 1/6
Vanderbilt--Complete 1/18
Northwestern--received 1/8

I still haven't gotten an email from Berkeley about the status check thing even though I sent my app on 1/6. I might call them soon to make sure they got everything even though it is complete on LSAC.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:14 pm

In at George Mason via phone call! My first acceptance, so I'm super excited!

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:15 pm

Also in at GMU via phone call today

shilpa

New

Post by shilpa » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:12 pm

Heard from Rutgers Camden today. In with a scholarship :)

I went complete around 1/8

BruceBarr

Bronze

Post by BruceBarr » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:14 pm

In at Wayne State...

Not the best school, but solid back-up plan for us Michiganders. Also where I did my UG.

Complete 1/12
Decision Sent 1/20

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bloodonthetracks

Bronze

Post by bloodonthetracks » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:26 pm

incomplete email from stanford (applied end of december). my dean still has not sent in the certification form. very frustrating.

hiromoto45

Silver

Post by hiromoto45 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:32 pm

I applied beginning of Jan. to Michigan. I have not gotten a status checker yet. Anyone else not received it yet?

bloodonthetracks

Bronze

Post by bloodonthetracks » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:35 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:I applied beginning of Jan. to Michigan. I have not gotten a status checker yet. Anyone else not received it yet?
applied end of december. got my "received" email jan 7, which said I should be getting status checker info in 3 weeks.

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:41 pm

bloodonthetracks wrote:incomplete email from stanford (applied end of december). my dean still has not sent in the certification form. very frustrating.
Nag nag nag. They'll think about doing it on February 1 otherwise.

Also, get your dean to fax the form to Stanford before mailing it. (They need to mail the original, too.) That will get it to Stanford about a week faster.

Did you ever get a "received" email from Stanford? I didn't, and applied 1/7, UG mailed Form B on 1/12 (and might have faxed it, too, but they kept referring me to different departments and would only tell me that they mailed it; frustrating).

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jrobby6

Bronze

Post by jrobby6 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:44 pm

Apparently, the dean of my school hasn't sent the uconn cert. form either. I'm so pissed right now.

bloodonthetracks

Bronze

Post by bloodonthetracks » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:44 pm

BenJ wrote:
bloodonthetracks wrote:incomplete email from stanford (applied end of december). my dean still has not sent in the certification form. very frustrating.

Also, get your dean to fax the form to Stanford before mailing it. (They need to mail the original, too.) That will get it to Stanford about a week faster.

Did you ever get a "received" email from Stanford? I didn't, and applied 1/7, UG mailed Form B on 1/12 (and might have faxed it, too, but they kept referring me to different departments and would only tell me that they mailed it; frustrating).
i got a received email about 8 days after i applied.

jlnoa0915

Bronze

Post by jlnoa0915 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:44 pm

So far in at Miami/FSU/Villanova/American

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:45 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

PoliticalJunkie

Bronze

Post by PoliticalJunkie » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:45 pm

jrobby6 wrote:Apparently, the dean of my school hasn't sent the uconn cert. form either. I'm so pissed right now.
Me as well.

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:47 pm

bloodonthetracks wrote:
BenJ wrote:

i got a received email about 8 days after i applied.
I guess I should think about asking them, then, just in case.

Jerzeegirl

New

Post by Jerzeegirl » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:00 pm

shilpa wrote:Heard from Rutgers Camden today. In with a scholarship :)

Does Rutgers-Camden have a status check? My report on LSAC went complete on 1/7 but I never received a status update from the actual school and now I'm a little concerned.

The Pen Is Mightier

Bronze

Post by The Pen Is Mightier » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:02 pm

I guess this won't really help you much at this point, but I did the following and it worked very well:

Send the Form B to the appropriate dean and include in the package a preaddressed overnight FedEx envelope to the address listed on the Form B from your dean's office. Since you have the tracking number, this has the added benefit of allowing you to track exactly when your school sent the form out, when Stanford received it, and how long it takes them to acknowledge receipt. You can use this to pester your Dean if you feel the need.

Doing this, I saw that my package arrived at Stanford on a Friday and I got confirmation of my complete application the following Wednesday.

I have no proof of this, but I've used this method for several items in my applications and going off of some of the turnaround times I've read about on TLS, sending things by FedEx seems to get your stuff processed more quickly. Might just be the size and bright colors of the envelope or something.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

shilpa

New

Post by shilpa » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:08 pm

Jerzeegirl wrote:
shilpa wrote:Heard from Rutgers Camden today. In with a scholarship :)

Does Rutgers-Camden have a status check? My report on LSAC went complete on 1/7 but I never received a status update from the actual school and now I'm a little concerned.
No, they don't. I wouldn't worry about it, especially if you got that slip in the mail about your app being complete. I thought their reponse was unusually early.

bloodonthetracks

Bronze

Post by bloodonthetracks » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:41 pm

The Pen Is Mightier wrote:
I guess this won't really help you much at this point, but I did the following and it worked very well:

Send the Form B to the appropriate dean and include in the package a preaddressed overnight FedEx envelope to the address listed on the Form B from your dean's office. Since you have the tracking number, this has the added benefit of allowing you to track exactly when your school sent the form out, when Stanford received it, and how long it takes them to acknowledge receipt. You can use this to pester your Dean if you feel the need.

Doing this, I saw that my package arrived at Stanford on a Friday and I got confirmation of my complete application the following Wednesday.

I have no proof of this, but I've used this method for several items in my applications and going off of some of the turnaround times I've read about on TLS, sending things by FedEx seems to get your stuff processed more quickly. Might just be the size and bright colors of the envelope or something.
good advice; wish i had thought of this (or faxing) before i sent it to my incompetent dean.

Rawlsian

Bronze

Post by Rawlsian » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:48 pm

Zara wrote:I applied between Jan 5th-9th. Here's what I have so far:

Duke--Accepted on 1/18 via PT. Went under review on 1/8
Columbia--Completion pending since 1/8
UVA--Complete/Pending Review/Decision since 1/8
GT--complete 1/11
BC--complete 1/19
Harvard--Received, completion pending 1/6
Vanderbilt--Complete 1/18
Northwestern--received 1/8

I still haven't gotten an email from Berkeley about the status check thing even though I sent my app on 1/6. I might call them soon to make sure they got everything even though it is complete on LSAC.
Congrats on duke! I sent my Berkeley application in later than you and went complete 1/11.

Rawlsian

Bronze

Post by Rawlsian » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:49 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:I applied beginning of Jan. to Michigan. I have not gotten a status checker yet. Anyone else not received it yet?
Still waiting on mine as well.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”