Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crm

Bronze

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Post by crm » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:37 pm

In at George Mason today via phone shortly after 9 a.m. PST!

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:08 pm

Complete at BU just now. Submitted 12/29, received 1/4. I nagged them yesterday after not getting a complete email with everyone else.

MF248

Bronze

Post by MF248 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:29 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:I applied beginning of Jan. to Michigan. I have not gotten a status checker yet. Anyone else not received it yet?
I sent my app on Jan. 2nd, received the status checker on Jan. 20th. Definitely one of my top choices so it was a small relief to get the status checker. Of course that was followed by the anxiety of using the status checker way too often.

Gwen

Bronze

Post by Gwen » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:30 pm

Bikeflip wrote:UVA did a fast bitch slap on me. Applied 1/5, dinged on 1/8 or so.
Wow. I hope my dings are as quick.

scribelaw

Silver

Post by scribelaw » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:31 pm

I'm complete or under review at Harvard (itching for that first ding), NYU, Columbia, Virginia, Michigan, Georgetown, BC, BU, Notre Dame and WUSTL.

Gulp.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:42 pm

scribelaw wrote:I'm complete or under review at Harvard (itching for that first ding), NYU, Columbia, Virginia, Michigan, Georgetown, BC, BU, Notre Dame and WUSTL.

Gulp.
When did you submit for Harvard, Columbia and BC? Just curious for a comparison of dates, as I applied right after scores were available and haven't gone complete at any of those (nor at NYU, but I've learned to accept their arbitrariness in communication).

Gwen

Bronze

Post by Gwen » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:45 pm

BenJ wrote:
scribelaw wrote:I'm complete or under review at Harvard (itching for that first ding), NYU, Columbia, Virginia, Michigan, Georgetown, BC, BU, Notre Dame and WUSTL.

Gulp.
When did you submit for Harvard, Columbia and BC? Just curious for a comparison of dates, as I applied right after scores were available and haven't gone complete at any of those (nor at NYU, but I've learned to accept their arbitrariness in communication).
Could you just post your submit dates for all of those schools?

scribelaw

Silver

Post by scribelaw » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:49 pm

Harvard, Columbia, NYU, Virginia and Michigan were all 12/29-12/30.

Georgetown, 1/06.

BU, BC, ND and WUSTL I sent out before I took the December LSAT, but in each case I submitted an addendum asking them to hold my application until my December score.

I'm still not complete, or haven't received notification that I'm complete, at Penn, Northwestern or U-Chicago.

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:56 pm

Hrmmm... Guess I should ask Harvard and Columbia what's up.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

eshort

New

Post by eshort » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:20 pm

The Pen Is Mightier wrote:
bloodonthetracks wrote:incomplete email from stanford (applied end of december). my dean still has not sent in the certification form. very frustrating.
I guess this won't really help you much at this point, but I did the following and it worked very well:

Send the Form B to the appropriate dean and include in the package a preaddressed overnight FedEx envelope to the address listed on the Form B from your dean's office. Since you have the tracking number, this has the added benefit of allowing you to track exactly when your school sent the form out, when Stanford received it, and how long it takes them to acknowledge receipt. You can use this to pester your Dean if you feel the need.

Doing this, I saw that my package arrived at Stanford on a Friday and I got confirmation of my complete application the following Wednesday.

I have no proof of this, but I've used this method for several items in my applications and going off of some of the turnaround times I've read about on TLS, sending things by FedEx seems to get your stuff processed more quickly. Might just be the size and bright colors of the envelope or something.
I did this and it was delivered Jan 11; rest of the application sent on Jan 3. Should I be concerned that I have not gone complete?

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:29 pm

eshort wrote:
bloodonthetracks wrote:incomplete email from stanford (applied end of december). my dean still has not sent in the certification form. very frustrating.
I guess this won't really help you much at this point, but I did the following and it worked very well:

Send the Form B to the appropriate dean and include in the package a preaddressed overnight FedEx envelope to the address listed on the Form B from your dean's office. Since you have the tracking number, this has the added benefit of allowing you to track exactly when your school sent the form out, when Stanford received it, and how long it takes them to acknowledge receipt. You can use this to pester your Dean if you feel the need.

Doing this, I saw that my package arrived at Stanford on a Friday and I got confirmation of my complete application the following Wednesday.

I have no proof of this, but I've used this method for several items in my applications and going off of some of the turnaround times I've read about on TLS, sending things by FedEx seems to get your stuff processed more quickly. Might just be the size and bright colors of the envelope or something.
I did this and it was delivered Jan 11; rest of the application sent on Jan 3. Should I be concerned that I have not gone complete?
Stanford's good about replying to emails; I don't think they'd mind you asking about Form B and completion, as long as you made it clear you just wanted to make sure everything was received.

The Pen Is Mightier

Bronze

Post by The Pen Is Mightier » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:38 pm

eshort wrote:

Honestly, if you have delivery confirmation, I'd just chill for at least a little while longer. If they've got it, they'll get to it. No need to bug them.

eshort

New

Post by eshort » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:39 pm

PR at Duke today, off PT, no why duke essay.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Genki

Bronze

Post by Genki » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:34 am

Received an email from Columbia a couple hours ago that said I was complete.
Submitted my app on 12/28

ornbarn

New

Post by ornbarn » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:16 am

Genki wrote:Received an email from Columbia a couple hours ago that said I was complete.
Submitted my app on 12/28
Same. Submitted on 1/4. Complete tonight.

Gwen

Bronze

Post by Gwen » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:18 am

I received an e-mail from UCLA and USC today confirming my complete status. I applied between 12/15 - 12/20

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:30 am

Columbia's still saying they haven't received my app fee (aka a printout of my fee waiver) and my signed certification! I emailed them about it a few days ago and haven't heard back. If still nothing by Monday, I'm calling. Grr!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jerzeegirl

New

Post by Jerzeegirl » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:16 am

Any other post-December LSAT people not get a single response yet? Most of my applications went complete the first week of January but I haven't heard anything since, except one that switched to "pending committee review". That was early this week, and still no decision rendered. So impatient I started filling out more applications last night. This wait is brutal.

scribelaw

Silver

Post by scribelaw » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:19 am

Jerzeegirl wrote:Any other post-December LSAT people not get a single response yet? Most of my applications went complete the first week of January but I haven't heard anything since, except one that switched to "pending committee review". That was early this week, and still no decision rendered. So impatient I started filling out more applications last night. This wait is brutal.
You applied in the first week of January, or later, and you're expecting a final decision two weeks later?

Jerzeegirl

New

Post by Jerzeegirl » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:22 am

Umm. . . yeah. Is that unreasonable? :wink:

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:30 am

I don't even think I have a single "Under Review" yet!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pleasetryagain

Silver

Post by pleasetryagain » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:44 am

Beatrice wrote:Columbia's still saying they haven't received my app fee (aka a printout of my fee waiver) and my signed certification! I emailed them about it a few days ago and haven't heard back. If still nothing by Monday, I'm calling. Grr!
Im confused, I spoke with several admissions people and they told me if you submit through LSAC (credit card payment or fee waiver) that serves as your certification and they dont need the printed and signed letter...

jd-mba

Bronze

Post by jd-mba » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:47 am

It seems like those who submitted and asked to hold for December test benefited from an earlier complete/decision date. =/ Sigh. Still "complete" or "in review" at half the schools. Applied last week of December.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:48 am

DCD wrote:
Beatrice wrote:Columbia's still saying they haven't received my app fee (aka a printout of my fee waiver) and my signed certification! I emailed them about it a few days ago and haven't heard back. If still nothing by Monday, I'm calling. Grr!
Im confused, I spoke with several admissions people and they told me if you submit through LSAC (credit card payment or fee waiver) that serves as your certification and they dont need the printed and signed letter...
They told me via email to submit my app through LSAC, select check as my form of payment, print out the email granting me the fee waiver and mail everything to them.

pleasetryagain

Silver

Post by pleasetryagain » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:51 am

Beatrice wrote:
DCD wrote:
They told me via email to submit my app through LSAC, select check as my form of payment, print out the email granting me the fee waiver and mail everything to them.
hmm.. anyone else care to weigh in?

edit: just spoke to them again and I got the same answer I got earlier .. this is making me sweat a little bit here..did they say why you needed to submit it despite having "electronically certified" through LSAC?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”