Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
raspberryfruitcake

New

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Post by raspberryfruitcake » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:54 pm

BruceBarr wrote:
traehekat wrote:
Rawlsian wrote:
raspberryfruitcake wrote:
I also submitted apps to 4 more safeties today because I felt uneasy.

Yea, I'm working on another safety and a reach right now. No news is making me crazy. I'll feel better as soon as I get that first acceptance.
+1 I may fill out a few more targets today. I don't like this whole waiting period. After months and months of LSAT studying, personal statement writing, letter soliciting, resume tweaking, and filling out applications, sitting around here doing nothing feels almost guilty.
How many schools did you apply to?

HEY Rawlsian, I recognize your name from LSN. Ha! I applied to 22 schools total...

hellomoto

New

Post by hellomoto » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:02 pm

Vanderbilt and Emory (second time) complete today via email. I submitted all of my applications between 12/31 and 1/5

taw856

Bronze

Post by taw856 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:08 pm

To the people who've heard decisions quickly, was it by snail mail, e-mail, phone...?

Just curious if there's any discernable pattern to how you hear back if you're a quick response.

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:17 pm

Seems like it just varies by school. Clearly Duke and American are on top of their games.

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:19 pm

I'll join this thread as well. Not a Dec test taker, but I submitted..

Berkeley and USC: last week of Dec
HSCCNMVPDNC/UT/UCLA: 2nd week of Jan

So far:
UR at Berkeley and Duke (PT)
Complete at USC, Virginia, Columbia, Northwestern (pending interview)
Haven't heard at all from NYU, Mich, UT, UCLA, SLS

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:37 pm

taw856 wrote:To the people who've heard decisions quickly, was it by snail mail, e-mail, phone...?

Just curious if there's any discernable pattern to how you hear back if you're a quick response.
I heard from American by snail mail. No email, phone call, or status update, other than Decision Made.

bloodonthetracks

Bronze

Post by bloodonthetracks » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:11 pm

complete at UCLA. the very first email i have received from them after sending my app three weeks ago.

choochoo

Bronze

Post by choochoo » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:23 pm

I went decision mailed at Vandy yesterday... Expecting rejection/WL soon... I applied Nov. 1st but retook the December LSAT

hwstewart

New

Post by hwstewart » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:33 pm

I'll jump in on this. Was wondering how everyone else was faring, getting in on the cycle late and all.

In @ Tulane w/ 30k/yr by email today!

I also heard from Alabama who offered a full ride!

Really holding out to see what Vandy/Emory/UNC/W&L have to say.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mazporrr

New

Post by mazporrr » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:40 pm

I was pleased to receive fee waivers after re-taking the december test. The only t-14 that sent me one was U-Penn. I completed all my applications during the first week of Jan. I am still waiting for replies. This sucks.

vanstone22

Bronze

Post by vanstone22 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:52 pm

hwstewart wrote:I'll jump in on this. Was wondering how everyone else was faring, getting in on the cycle late and all.

when did you apply to bama?

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:18 pm

Just a heads up for those who haven't heard from some schools for a while now... check your spam folder if you haven't already. I found my application received email from Notre Dame in there, and Colorado actually says in its instructions to add emails from addresses ending in "colorado.edu" to your contact list/filter. I have a feeling at least ONE of you has an email from a school you applied to in your spam folder!

Trifles

Bronze

Post by Trifles » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:34 pm

traehekat wrote:Just a heads up for those who haven't heard from some schools for a while now... check your spam folder if you haven't already. I found my application received email from Notre Dame in there, and Colorado actually says in its instructions to add emails from addresses ending in "colorado.edu" to your contact list/filter. I have a feeling at least ONE of you has an email from a school you applied to in your spam folder!
+1

Didn't get any news checking my spam, but did find out about an online chat session tomorrow.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

K's Logic

New

Post by K's Logic » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:38 pm

traehekat wrote:Just a heads up for those who haven't heard from some schools for a while now... check your spam folder if you haven't already. I found my application received email from Notre Dame in there, and Colorado actually says in its instructions to add emails from addresses ending in "colorado.edu" to your contact list/filter. I have a feeling at least ONE of you has an email from a school you applied to in your spam folder!
+1, I check the spam every time I check my e-mail. I was accepted to WUSTL via spam folder (a bad omen!?), complete at Stanford, and various other e-mails related to my applications were put in there. Yet I receive e-mails from spammers like Charlotte and Florida Southern in my inbox..go figure.

CanadianEH

New

Post by CanadianEH » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:46 pm

Complete at Columbia, applied first week of January.

ariadne86

New

Post by ariadne86 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:04 pm

Complete at Columbia, applied first week of January.
Same here :)

crm

Bronze

Post by crm » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:05 pm

In at American

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

as stars burn

Silver

Post by as stars burn » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:33 pm

Applied to 21 schools total (yeah, I'm a nervous wreck waiting for all this especially since I had to wait to apply the first week of January because of the December retake).
Complete at all 21 schools, in review at 5 and that's all the news I have.
this sucks.

hwstewart

New

Post by hwstewart » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:37 pm

vanstone22 wrote:
hwstewart wrote:I'll jump in on this. Was wondering how everyone else was faring, getting in on the cycle late and all.

when did you apply to bama?

I applied on 12/11 and went complete as soon as the dec scores were released.

Lonagan

Bronze

Post by Lonagan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:20 am

In review at Minnesota. Not sure if that means complete or if they are actively looking at my file.

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:04 am

Just looking at LSN for some pertinent profiles from last cycle

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/silliness
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/axdreamx
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/McQueen09
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/legallyblonde09

And, since I got smart about it, by school:
Cornell
UVA
UMich
Duke
GULC
Vandy
UCLA
Emory
WUSTL
USC
BU
BC
All for now.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Jerzeegirl

New

Post by Jerzeegirl » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:11 am

For those who sent applications out late December/early January. . . how many safeties? Started with five but since I haven't received a single response yet, I'm wondering if I should keep applying until I get my first acceptance.

eshort

New

Post by eshort » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:17 am

Jerzeegirl wrote:For those who sent applications out late December/early January. . . how many safeties? Started with five but since I haven't received a single response yet, I'm wondering if I should keep applying until I get my first acceptance.
I sent out 6 "safety" applications, but that is because I am concerned about my multiple LSAT scores (especially within the top 10). Also, two of the schools are schools that have been important to my family and I will really consider going to if the right offer is made.

I think you will be okay with 5 (how many other apps did you send), but if you will be more comfortable you should send more.

I also decided that if I really got denied at all 18 of the schools I applied to that I would probably be reconsidering law school, haha. (one of the reasons I stopped at 6 safe-ish)

Additionally, you really shouldn't be concerned about not hearing back yet. I know it is starting to create some anxiety for me, too, but I am trying to forget about it!

Jerzeegirl

New

Post by Jerzeegirl » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:40 am

eshort wrote:
Jerzeegirl wrote:For those who sent applications out late December/early January. . . how many safeties? Started with five but since I haven't received a single response yet, I'm wondering if I should keep applying until I get my first acceptance.
I sent out 6 "safety" applications, but that is because I am concerned about my multiple LSAT scores (especially within the top 10). Also, two of the schools are schools that have been important to my family and I will really consider going to if the right offer is made.

I think you will be okay with 5 (how many other apps did you send), but if you will be more comfortable you should send more.

I also decided that if I really got denied at all 18 of the schools I applied to that I would probably be reconsidering law school, haha. (one of the reasons I stopped at 6 safe-ish)

Additionally, you really shouldn't be concerned about not hearing back yet. I know it is starting to create some anxiety for me, too, but I am trying to forget about it!
18??? I only applied to ten, so I'm thinking you're in a much better position. As I mentioned, I'm considering sending off a few more, but the general consensus around here seems to be, if it isn't T1 or T2 it isn't worth going to. Also, I can only apply to schools in commuting distance, so I'm really running out of options. Fingers crossed for an acceptance soon so I can get a good night's sleep.

Rawlsian

Bronze

Post by Rawlsian » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:40 am

raspberryfruitcake wrote:
HEY Rawlsian, I recognize your name from LSN. Ha! I applied to 22 schools total...
Yea, I saw that. We have pretty similar numbers (with almost identical LSAT scores) so I'm definitely interested in how your cycle turns out. I'm at 13 right now, but I have a couple more in the wings if I don't hear anything soon.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”