GULC "decision rendered," but no email with said decision Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
scobryan

New

GULC "decision rendered," but no email with said decision

Post by scobryan » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:47 pm

I applied early decision to GULC exactly one week ago. Three days ago, my status changed from "Application received" to "Application complete." Two days ago it was "under review," and today I have "decision rendered." However, I don't have an email from GULC telling me what the hell the decision is. The speed at which all this occurred makes me pretty nervous, as I've yet to hear of anyone, even applying ED, get a decision within a week. My numbers are not bad (3.8 ; 166/171 with extenuating circumstances on the first test), but obviously far from a lock. Still, if my numbers are borderline it seems unlikely that they would send a rejection letter out so quickly. Has anyone else had such a quick turnaround with GULC? Or had their status just screw up on them?

Dignan

Silver

Re: GULC "decision rendered," but no email with said decision

Post by Dignan » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:50 pm

scobryan wrote:I applied early decision to GULC exactly one week ago. Three days ago, my status changed from "Application received" to "Application complete." Two days ago it was "under review," and today I have "decision rendered." However, I don't have an email from GULC telling me what the hell the decision is. The speed at which all this occurred makes me pretty nervous, as I've yet to hear of anyone, even applying ED, get a decision within a week. My numbers are not bad (3.8 ; 166/171 with extenuating circumstances on the first test), but obviously far from a lock. Still, if my numbers are borderline it seems unlikely that they would send a rejection letter out so quickly. Has anyone else had such a quick turnaround with GULC? Or had their status just screw up on them?
GULC does not email acceptances; they send them by USPS.

billyez

Silver

Post by billyez » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:18 pm

You don't want an e-mail - an e-mail is a rejection this year. I know from experience. In some instances, I might be a WL as well.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:22 pm

scobryan wrote:I applied early decision to GULC exactly one week ago. Three days ago, my status changed from "Application received" to "Application complete." Two days ago it was "under review," and today I have "decision rendered." However, I don't have an email from GULC telling me what the hell the decision is. The speed at which all this occurred makes me pretty nervous, as I've yet to hear of anyone, even applying ED, get a decision within a week. My numbers are not bad (3.8 ; 166/171 with extenuating circumstances on the first test), but obviously far from a lock. Still, if my numbers are borderline it seems unlikely that they would send a rejection letter out so quickly. Has anyone else had such a quick turnaround with GULC? Or had their status just screw up on them?
3.8/171 is very strong indeed for GULC, so I imagine that you'll be hearing good news. It's possible that you happened to submit just before they had a long meeting to discuss applications.

scobryan

New

Post by scobryan » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:36 pm

Great, that makes me feel much better. Thanks all for the help!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”