THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby jacketman03 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:11 pm

Dear UVA,

Really? I know this has been said, but if you can't spend the $.44 to send a letter saying you don't like me, that's a pretty good indication that I wouldn't wanna go to your TTT diploma mill even if you had admitted me.

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby paulinaporizkova » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:52 pm

applepie,

You forgot to say, "Even if I were the straightest fucking person in the world carrying around a King James Bible in my pocket while I picketed all the Planned Parenthoods in my home town of Salt Lake City, I still wouldn't want you, Regent Law."

edit: also acceptable = the Book of Mormon

thegrayman
Posts: 498
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 5:56 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby thegrayman » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:03 am

UVA,

thanks for the auto-ding email.

stay classy UVA,

Mr. thegrayman

User avatar
sanjola
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby sanjola » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:12 am

sanjola wrote:
dcwumpus wrote:
krad wrote:
dcwumpus wrote:lulz if this is true! and lulz even if it's not :lol:


Definitely true! I pointed out to them that their student handbook bans "homosexual activity" on campus. It wouldn't have been a very fun three years.


I just replied to their latest e-mail with their reply. Hope it works!


Regent? Oh my god, I have been thinking the same thing about all their emails (I must've received 5 or 6). I'm like "how'd you miss the LGBT box I checked on LSAC? You don't want me, I don't want you."


Yup, our old friend Regent! I doubt they even look at the data from LSAC when they send out their mass spams.

User avatar
gin
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby gin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:57 am

sanjola wrote:
sanjola wrote:
dcwumpus wrote:
krad wrote:
I just replied to their latest e-mail with their reply. Hope it works!


Regent? Oh my god, I have been thinking the same thing about all their emails (I must've received 5 or 6). I'm like "how'd you miss the LGBT box I checked on LSAC? You don't want me, I don't want you."


Yup, our old friend Regent! I doubt they even look at the data from LSAC when they send out their mass spams.


Of course they don't look at data. It was founded by Pat Robertson which means that they work by faith. Any type of empirical evidence or logic that contradicts their world views is the work of the devil

User avatar
dcwumpus
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby dcwumpus » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:02 am

gin wrote:Of course they don't look at data. It was founded by Pat Robertson which means that they work by faith. Any type of empirical evidence or logic that contradicts their world views is the work of the devil


I assumed it was actually a clever trick to lure me to the school. And Pat Robertson would be hiding behind a bush when I arrived for admitted students day, ready to convert me.

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby LinzerTorte » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:21 pm

dcwumpus wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:Yesterday, when I received my 100000th email from Regent Law, I finally clicked on the "stop receiving emails" link or whatever it's called, and it brought me to a page that said my request had been successfully processed......and today I got my 100001st email from Regent Law.


After the first few spam letters from them, I wrote back and let them know how surprised I was that thet would try to court a gay applicant to their school so aggressively.

The letters stopped right away.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

AMAZING.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby northwood » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:32 pm

Dear Seton Hall:
I see your waitlist, and I raise you my rejection offer to go on the waitlist. The problem with you is that you are in a very expensive part of the country, and as an out of state resident, your cost of attendance and cost of living are neck and neck with Harvard, Yale, Stanford, and the like. However, you are no where as close to being comparable to these schools, and thusly are not worth living on cheese and crackers for the rest of my life. While the homeless man in Cleveland got a nice job offer from working on the streets, I do not have such a voice, nor the willingless to try that route. Unless you were to offer me really good money, I would turn you down anyways. I guess you are used to being disappoiunted, and you wanted to try to be on the other side. But you still failed anyways!

User avatar
emhellmer
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:53 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby emhellmer » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:07 pm

I can't help but feel a little insulted that Regents would aggressively court so many people who would never ever in a million years consider going to that place, and not include me. Not a single e-mail! Maybe it's my Jesuit undergrad?

Lesson learned: In the eyes of Pat Robertson, LGBT is salvageable, but Catholic is not.

Peameal
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:09 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Peameal » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:12 pm

Dearest Uva,

If I was worth so little of your time, why did you wait so long to reject me?

I'm not mad though: as you probably guessed,* I never liked you anyway.

I dislike the south,** and my SO's foreign credentials aren't recognized in your state (Virginia may be for lovers, but mine apparently isn't welcome), so honestly I don't even know why I applied. I guess it was the fee waiver and the ease of applying: just add you to my list, click apply, and "Bob's your uncle," as they say. Your students all claim you're loads of fun, of course, but if I wanted to drink and play softball all day I'm sure I could manage for less than $47k/year.

You say you have too many applicants this year, but I'm sure you saw that coming. Even so, you sent out fee waivers to auto-dings, suggesting my main value was as a stat-booster. That's fine--I spent about as much time applying as you apparently did rejecting--but you could have thanked me for my help, or at least offered a cigarette.

So, in short, dearest Uva, you don't like me, I don't like you, and we are both better off for this decision.

-Peameal

*based on my missing "why" essay and the fact I first logged in to your status checker last week
**No judgment intended on those who like the south or live there.

User avatar
applepiecrust
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:38 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby applepiecrust » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:43 pm

emhellmer wrote:I can't help but feel a little insulted that Regents would aggressively court so many people who would never ever in a million years consider going to that place, and not include me. Not a single e-mail! Maybe it's my Jesuit undergrad?

Lesson learned: In the eyes of Pat Robertson, LGBT is salvageable, but Catholic is not.


No, I have both, Jesuit undergrad and LGBT. Pat Robertson thinks both together might be salvageable?

Peameal
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:09 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Peameal » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:28 pm

I thought posting in this thread would make me feel better, but now if anything I feel worse.
:(
Someone please pass me that Jack that was going around earlier.

User avatar
lolschool2011
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby lolschool2011 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:31 pm

Peameal wrote:I thought posting in this thread would make me feel better, but now if anything I feel worse.
:(
Someone please pass me that Jack that was going around earlier.


You just need to dig deeper into why whichever school that slighted you sucks.

It's easy, because they all suck. They're essentially asking us to pay them 10's of thousands of dollars to support overpaid law prof's with no guarantee of anything in return. How hard can it be to ding them back? They're all sitting ducks, IMO. Ugly, sitting, overpriced, ducklings.

Edit: But, as is so often the case in life, sometimes you have to put a bag over the head of that ugly duckling to get to where you want to go in life.

User avatar
wiseguy33
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby wiseguy33 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:34 pm

First ding of the cycle. U Penn, an LSP "Strong Consider," my top choice out of the schools I could reasonably get into. People with numbers lower than mine have been getting in left and right (or at least waitlisted).

This bar better serve some STRONG drinks.

User avatar
lolschool2011
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby lolschool2011 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:37 pm

wiseguy33 wrote:First ding of the cycle. U Penn, an LSP "Strong Consider," my top choice out of the schools I could reasonably get into. People with numbers lower than mine have been getting in left and right (or at least waitlisted).

This bar better serve some STRONG drinks.


Clearly they thought you wouldn't enrol and pick another one of your better choices.... I'd retake the LSAT for a lower score if you really wanted to get into Penn.

User avatar
wiseguy33
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby wiseguy33 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:39 pm

lolschool2011 wrote:
wiseguy33 wrote:First ding of the cycle. U Penn, an LSP "Strong Consider," my top choice out of the schools I could reasonably get into. People with numbers lower than mine have been getting in left and right (or at least waitlisted).

This bar better serve some STRONG drinks.


Clearly they thought you wouldn't enrol and pick another one of your better choices.... I'd retake the LSAT for a lower score if you really wanted to get into Penn.


Ha! I like the way you think, sir.

User avatar
dcwumpus
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby dcwumpus » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:43 pm

lolschool2011 wrote:I'd retake the LSAT for a lower score if you really wanted to get into Penn.


BRILLIANT.

User avatar
slax
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby slax » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:48 pm

I told Regent I was a gay jew. They kept emailing. I finally unsubscribed because my girlfriend didn't think my jokes were funny anymore. The material got stale.

User avatar
LilMonsterAnnie
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:53 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
LilMonsterAnnie wrote:Dear St. Thomas (Minnesota, not the fucking Caribbean)

Stop emailing me. Just because your name is "St Thomas" does not a hot, sunny beach make you. I think you named yourself that to trick all the poor bastards who will unwittingly attend from out-of-state. Little do they realize:
1. Minnesota is a pain-in-the-ass to spell...ALL the time.
2. You have the most mosquito infested state in the US. How your state population hasn't died already from Malaria is a mystery to me.
3. Lutefisk & Lefse are considered a food group
4. Your neighbors will want to play cards, bingo and go ice-fishing...ALL THE TIME
5. most of the population are 'sheep': incapable of critical or independent thinking
6. the people act like Stepford Wives a majority of time
7. They will have a "Wake Up" call from their collective coma or state of denial and immediately want to transfer (or swear to never work for 3M or General Foods and be stuck there forever) to a law school with better weather.
8. If they get married to someone from there - they can plan on NEVER LEAVING - your spouse will not want to be more than 50 miles away from mommy or daddy. (and your in-laws will more than likely be bible-thumping, righteous sorts)

Signed
Annie "No WantieWantie MinneHell"



OUCH! I pretty much took offense to everything you just said, because you clearly have no idea what this state is all about. Please save your criticism for the specific school...and if you were to do that, I would totally agree, because I grew up in Minnesota and St. Thomas (for UNDERGRAD) is a clique-ridden, high schoolish type of place where most people act like the idle rich because their mommies and daddies pay for them to go to a subpar school - most likely the best one they could get into due to their less than stellar academic records... But the state itself is actually quite liberal and progressive and is home to several excellent small private schools (too bad none of them have law schools)

....also, the twin cities area is fairly devoid of "bible-thumpers" and "righteous sorts" - just because we're in the midwest doesn't mean we enlist all of its stereotypes



You had better get thicker skin if you are going to law school.

This hurt because it is 110% truth. I am married to someone from MEENAASODA and at times, nothing pains me more.

EDIT: to Chrisbru...you are a poor bastard stuck in Seattle just like I am. You do NOT speak for Midwesterners or you would have never have left. People from the Midwest always go back...they like to see the curvature of the earth

User avatar
lolschool2011
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby lolschool2011 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:55 pm

LilMonsterAnnie wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
LilMonsterAnnie wrote:Dear St. Thomas (Minnesota, not the fucking Caribbean)

Stop emailing me. Just because your name is "St Thomas" does not a hot, sunny beach make you. I think you named yourself that to trick all the poor bastards who will unwittingly attend from out-of-state. Little do they realize:
1. Minnesota is a pain-in-the-ass to spell...ALL the time.
2. You have the most mosquito infested state in the US. How your state population hasn't died already from Malaria is a mystery to me.
3. Lutefisk & Lefse are considered a food group
4. Your neighbors will want to play cards, bingo and go ice-fishing...ALL THE TIME
5. most of the population are 'sheep': incapable of critical or independent thinking
6. the people act like Stepford Wives a majority of time
7. They will have a "Wake Up" call from their collective coma or state of denial and immediately want to transfer (or swear to never work for 3M or General Foods and be stuck there forever) to a law school with better weather.
8. If they get married to someone from there - they can plan on NEVER LEAVING - your spouse will not want to be more than 50 miles away from mommy or daddy. (and your in-laws will more than likely be bible-thumping, righteous sorts)

Signed
Annie "No WantieWantie MinneHell"



OUCH! I pretty much took offense to everything you just said, because you clearly have no idea what this state is all about. Please save your criticism for the specific school...and if you were to do that, I would totally agree, because I grew up in Minnesota and St. Thomas (for UNDERGRAD) is a clique-ridden, high schoolish type of place where most people act like the idle rich because their mommies and daddies pay for them to go to a subpar school - most likely the best one they could get into due to their less than stellar academic records... But the state itself is actually quite liberal and progressive and is home to several excellent small private schools (too bad none of them have law schools)

....also, the twin cities area is fairly devoid of "bible-thumpers" and "righteous sorts" - just because we're in the midwest doesn't mean we enlist all of its stereotypes



You had better get thicker skin if you are going to law school.

This hurt because it is 110% truth. I am married to someone from MEENAASODA and at times, nothing pains me more.


You ice-fished for your honeymoon, didn't you.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Gotti » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:57 pm

LilMonsterAnnie wrote:You had better get thicker skin if you are going to law school.

This hurt because it is 110% truth. I am married to someone from MEENAASODA and at times, nothing pains me more.

EDIT: to Chrisbru...you are a poor bastard stuck in Seattle just like I am. You do NOT speak for Midwesterners or you would have never have left. People from the Midwest always go back...they like to see the curvature of the earth

:lol: :lol:

User avatar
LilMonsterAnnie
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:59 pm

[/quote]You ice-fished for your honeymoon, didn't you.[/quote]






what honeymoon? Little did I know that people from the midwest are "salt of the earth" as they like to call themselves...they are also CHEAP.

HopefulFish
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby HopefulFish » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:00 pm

out @ Harvard. Didn't have 1% chance.

But who cares I'm not gay anyway.

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby chrisbru » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:03 pm

LilMonsterAnnie wrote:

You had better get thicker skin if you are going to law school.

This hurt because it is 110% truth. I am married to someone from MEENAASODA and at times, nothing pains me more.

EDIT: to Chrisbru...you are a poor bastard stuck in Seattle just like I am. You do NOT speak for Midwesterners or you would have never have left. People from the Midwest always go back...they like to see the curvature of the earth



You nailed it... I left to take a job since I couldn't find one I found worthwhile in Iowa. I'm now scampering back to the midwest for law school as soon as I'm release from this "one year work requirement" that I'm in. If I wouldn't have to pay back $5k in relocation assistance if I left early, I probably would have gone back already! :D

User avatar
lolschool2011
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby lolschool2011 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:04 pm

HopefulFish wrote:out @ Harvard. Didn't have 1% chance.

But who cares I'm not gay anyway.


Blatant (and hilarious) Yale trolling :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”