THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby kazu » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:12 am

Knock wrote:Is this thread appropriate for cycle related rants? or only for venting after dings.

Only for venting after dings. I'm saving up my venom for that wonderful day :lol:

User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Adjudicator » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:26 am

kazu wrote:
Knock wrote:Is this thread appropriate for cycle related rants? or only for venting after dings.

Only for venting after dings. I'm saving up my venom for that wonderful day :lol:


I agree... I'm almost hoping for another school to ding me so that I can take them down. So far only UVA has felt my wrath.

User avatar
eaglemuncher
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby eaglemuncher » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:38 am

IF this person is indicative of the type of student that attends GW, then I hope I get dinged...I probably will anyways.

lhlee
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:59 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby lhlee » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:14 am

SemperLegal wrote:
gwlaw2012 wrote:
There is a difference between uninformed and not giving a shit.

Oooh, I've defaced the DING BAR thread! Not that!



Ladies and Gentlemen Boo this (wo)man.

Just admit you made a mistake rather than adopting a false cavalier attitude.

To restore the tone:

Dearest Rutgers Camden:

Last year when I was but a lowly sophomore you notified me of acceptance and a full scholarship. This year with a higher LSAT, senior status, and most importantly HAVING APPLIED TO YOUR SCHOOL you decide not to grace me with admittance into the third-best law school in a state that somehow comes in third after Philly and NYC in a "Best State in the State of NJ Contest." Your governors fat, your football team was a "has-been" well before it was an "is," and your University President is a short alcoholic.

Also, a strand of chlamydiae is named after you.

Semper


Thank you for making the ding bar fun again.

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby JazzOne » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:20 am

gwlaw2012 wrote:I feel your pain, I've been there. But quit being such a baby - I hope you didn't actually send that letter. 10,000+ apply and there's just a lot of rejections. I was an alum with great letters and softs and no one handed me anything. As disappointed as I was, I wasn't pissed off and blaming others, I tried harder and got in a later cycle because I knew that's where I wanted to go. Either try again another time or enroll somewhere else - whatever you choose, it will be where you're supposed to go.

lol

Fail

User avatar
DeeCee
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby DeeCee » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:49 am

JazzOne wrote:
gwlaw2012 wrote:I feel your pain, I've been there. But quit being such a baby - I hope you didn't actually send that letter. 10,000+ apply and there's just a lot of rejections. I was an alum with great letters and softs and no one handed me anything. As disappointed as I was, I wasn't pissed off and blaming others, I tried harder and got in a later cycle because I knew that's where I wanted to go. Either try again another time or enroll somewhere else - whatever you choose, it will be where you're supposed to go.

lol

Fail


+1. This place is supposed to be in good fun, no need to get offended. You already go there so what do you have to worry about?

miazdc
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:10 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby miazdc » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:18 am

To the University of Illinois-

On a beautiful fall day in October of 2007, I visited Champaign-Urbana for the first time. I was there to attend a football game- to watch my beloved Wolverines crush your mascot-less, politically-incorrect "Fighting Illini" football team. I met a friend who was attending Illinois law, and she showed me around the building. "You should come to school here!" she said enthusiastically. I smiled pleasantly, trying to imagine myself in this building that looked like a 1970s elementary school.

I tried to keep an open mind as I sat in the bottom bowl of your piece-of-shit football stadium, until water from the top deck started dripping on us, and I realized that I was surrounded by men (and women) with mullets, wearing Illini orange with camouflage accents.

The garamond-fonted rejection e-mail you sent me really sealed the deal. My future is not in the cornfields of rural Illinois. I didn't want to go to law school on the set of Signs, anyways.

Thanks for the fee waiver!

User avatar
lolschool2011
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby lolschool2011 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:57 am

+1

I believe Illinois is a school designed for southern Illinois hillbillies who don't get along with city folk (thus all Chicago is off table) but still want in-state tuition and access to free corn. Frequently asked question from most Illini applicants on TLS: "Is being Amish considered URM?" Also, orange? The douche-force is strong with that color, unless you're a pumpkin.

miazdc
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:10 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby miazdc » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:13 pm

lolschool2011 wrote:"Is being Amish considered URM?"


hahahaha.

User avatar
Zarathustraspoke
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:19 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Zarathustraspoke » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:53 pm

Deat UVA:

*#$% your speed over formality. I wanted to go to your school until I realized my humble, sometime exciting life in NYC, is way more than Charlottesville will ever be.

P.S. Frat party's suck!

NonTradHealthLaw
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 2:44 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby NonTradHealthLaw » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:10 pm

fundamentallybroken wrote:Dear Regent,

What? Really? After all the overtures you made - all the emails, all the phone calls - this is how you respond?

You said you were keeping an eye out for my application, Regent. You said you had scholarship money waiting for me; all I had to do was apply and you would be mine (or, I would be yours, I guess?)

You know, if you weren't such a good little christian school, I'd have thought you wanted more from me than just an application. Then again, maybe you did, and it was my repeated failure to respond to your signals that finally turned you off. Was that it? Did I play too hard to get?

We could have had a lot of fun, you and me, Regent. We could have spent three years together, studying law, going to church... um... praying?... I don't know, whatever it is you do when you go to the law school with a unique christian perspective. Yeah, we could totally have gone all-out Jesusy on and/or with each other, Regent.

But now this. How could you?

No, really - how could you reject me? I didn't even apply.

Well, have a good life, I guess,

fundamentallybroken


Tears. Streaming. Down. My. Face. Thanks for this bit of sarcastic poetry.

JakeL
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby JakeL » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:13 pm

Dear GW,
Althought you have not yet rejected me, I have been inspired by one of your current students trolling the "THE DING BAR" thread on TLS.com to write that I will not be enrolling regardless of the outcome of my application review. Mr. "gwlaw2012" has shown me that those who attend GWU lack a sense of humor, are stubborn, closeminded, and fail the first time around. I am none of these things and never fail. Therefore, I think the fit between us is not a natural one. Thank you for taking the time to look at my application and I look forward to not seeing you in the fall.
Sincerely,
JakeL

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby krad » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:15 pm

Just caught up on TT's GW derail, getting lulzy!

txag10
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby txag10 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:31 pm

Zarathustraspoke wrote:Deat UVA:

*#$% your speed over formality. I wanted to go to your school until I realized my humble, sometime exciting life in NYC, is way more than Charlottesville will ever be.

P.S. Frat party's suck!


Parties, not party's.

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby chrisbru » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:35 pm

txag10 wrote:
Zarathustraspoke wrote:Deat UVA:

*#$% your speed over formality. I wanted to go to your school until I realized my humble, sometime exciting life in NYC, is way more than Charlottesville will ever be.

P.S. Frat party's suck!


Parties, not party's.



LOL grammar fail. As much as I love pointing these out, I try to avoid it ITT since people are typically so rage-blinded that they can't see their own mistakes... So I let it slide :-)

txag10
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby txag10 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:48 pm

very good point. now i feel like a jerk.

User avatar
Zarathustraspoke
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:19 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Zarathustraspoke » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:59 pm

txag10 wrote:
Zarathustraspoke wrote:Deat UVA:

*#$% your speed over formality. I wanted to go to your school until I realized my humble, sometime exciting life in NYC, is way more than Charlottesville will ever be.

P.S. Frat party's suck!


Parties, not party's.



This. It's a pet peeve of mine too.

User avatar
2Serious4Numbers
Posts: 340
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:14 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby 2Serious4Numbers » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:08 pm

NonTradHealthLaw wrote:
fundamentallybroken wrote:Dear Regent,

What? Really? After all the overtures you made - all the emails, all the phone calls - this is how you respond?

You said you were keeping an eye out for my application, Regent. You said you had scholarship money waiting for me; all I had to do was apply and you would be mine (or, I would be yours, I guess?)

You know, if you weren't such a good little christian school, I'd have thought you wanted more from me than just an application. Then again, maybe you did, and it was my repeated failure to respond to your signals that finally turned you off. Was that it? Did I play too hard to get?

We could have had a lot of fun, you and me, Regent. We could have spent three years together, studying law, going to church... um... praying?... I don't know, whatever it is you do when you go to the law school with a unique christian perspective. Yeah, we could totally have gone all-out Jesusy on and/or with each other, Regent.

But now this. How could you?

No, really - how could you reject me? I didn't even apply.

Well, have a good life, I guess,

fundamentallybroken


Tears. Streaming. Down. My. Face. Thanks for this bit of sarcastic poetry.


that was really good, they send me stuff daily and I don't even know where they are

User avatar
lolschool2011
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby lolschool2011 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:12 pm

fundamentallybroken wrote:Yeah, we could totally have gone all-out Jesusy on and/or with each other, Regent.


Haha! This gets my vote for TLS line of the month...

User avatar
jackattack17
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby jackattack17 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:15 pm

george mason, you suck. first you beat my team in the '06 tournament with your so called "cinderella story." now, you've denied me acceptance to your law school? keep wearing those slippers, and have fun being like the 5th ranked dc school (after all the t14).

User avatar
ads222
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:50 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby ads222 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:19 pm

Zarathustraspoke wrote:Deat UVA:

*#$% your speed over formality. I wanted to go to your school until I realized my humble, sometime exciting life in NYC, is way more than Charlottesville will ever be.

P.S. Frat party's suck!


I like frat parties -- but UVA still sucks. They're not even a poor rendition of a frat party. With their questionable (admissions) practices and inflated sense of self-worth, UVA is more like a bunch of ugly, trashy, middle school girls getting together for a slumber party while being shunned by everyone else in their grade.

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby krad » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:21 pm

jackattack17 wrote:george mason, you suck. first you beat my team in the '06 tournament with your so called "cinderella story." now, you've denied me acceptance to your law school? keep wearing those slippers, and have fun being like the 5th ranked dc school (after all the t14).


i loled

thissideofsteinway
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:32 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby thissideofsteinway » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:51 pm

Dear Fordham,

You are the Hyacinth Bucket of NYC law schools, and your most prominent alumnus is notable mostly for being second fiddle to Walter Mondale.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Dany » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:58 pm

thisisdeofsteinway wrote:Dear Fordham,

You are the Hyacinth Bucket of NYC law schools, and your most prominent alumnus is notable mostly for being second fiddle to Walter Mondale.

GREAT analogy!

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby paulinaporizkova » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:34 pm

2Serious4Numbers wrote:
NonTradHealthLaw wrote:
fundamentallybroken wrote:Dear Regent,

What? Really? After all the overtures you made - all the emails, all the phone calls - this is how you respond?

You said you were keeping an eye out for my application, Regent. You said you had scholarship money waiting for me; all I had to do was apply and you would be mine (or, I would be yours, I guess?)

You know, if you weren't such a good little christian school, I'd have thought you wanted more from me than just an application. Then again, maybe you did, and it was my repeated failure to respond to your signals that finally turned you off. Was that it? Did I play too hard to get?

We could have had a lot of fun, you and me, Regent. We could have spent three years together, studying law, going to church... um... praying?... I don't know, whatever it is you do when you go to the law school with a unique christian perspective. Yeah, we could totally have gone all-out Jesusy on and/or with each other, Regent.

But now this. How could you?

No, really - how could you reject me? I didn't even apply.

Well, have a good life, I guess,

fundamentallybroken


Tears. Streaming. Down. My. Face. Thanks for this bit of sarcastic poetry.


that was really good, they send me stuff daily and I don't even know where they are


Yesterday, when I received my 100000th email from Regent Law, I finally clicked on the "stop receiving emails" link or whatever it's called, and it brought me to a page that said my request had been successfully processed......and today I got my 100001st email from Regent Law.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: applicationquestions, Bing [Bot], curry4bfast, ellielaw, Exabot [Bot], hellohalo and 4 guests