THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
QandAphorism

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby QandAphorism » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:17 pm

chrisbru wrote:Dear Illinois,

A waitlist? Really? I thought you were supposed to be one of the almighty splitter-friendly schools. Alas, I was only good enough to be "offered" a spot on your waitlist. I'm sorry, UIUC, but no thank you, I'll pass. Never in a thousand years would I choose you over WUSTL. Or Iowa. Or even DePaul, for Christ's sake.

Is Urbana-Champaign even a real place? What does one do for fun other than study? Not to mention that you are one of FAR too many schools in the Chicago area, without really any other market to send people to. Plus, Chicago sucks too.

Love,
Me

PS - WTF is/are Illini anyway?!

"Illini" is Spanish for Whale's Vagina. hth

BigBlueLaw

Postby BigBlueLaw » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:27 pm

QandAphorism wrote:

A waitlist? Really? I thought you were supposed to be one of the almighty splitter-friendly schools. Alas, I was only good enough to be "offered" a spot on your waitlist. I'm sorry, UIUC, but no thank you, I'll pass. Never in a thousand years would I choose you over WUSTL. Or Iowa. Or even DePaul, for Christ's sake.

Is Urbana-Champaign even a real place? What does one do for fun other than study? Not to mention that you are one of FAR too many schools in the Chicago area, without really any other market to send people to. Plus, Chicago sucks too.

Love,
Me

"Illini" is Spanish for Whale's Vagina. hth

which, when translated to german, means San Diego

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNCNdoM06xQ

almostfamous

Postby almostfamous » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:23 pm

I'm glad my song was appreciated lol...

seriously though, f you Michigan.

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:42 am

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
almostfamous wrote:An Ode to Michigan in the style of Cee-Lo Green: (see video if you don't know the song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAV0XrbEwNc

I see that Michigan deferred me to the regular applicant pool
and I'm like...F YOU
(oo oo ooh)
I guess the softs on my resume just weren't enough
And I'm like...F YOU...and your CLIMATE TOO
If my grades had been better, I'd have gotten that letter
But college was fun as shit (fun as shit!)
And although there's pain in my chest I still wish you the best, with a...
F YOU!
(oo oo ooh)

I liked my visit, and LSP said "admit"
I hoped my LSAT might get me there
But now I see, that I wouldn't fit
'Cause there's just too many hipsters there

I pity the foooool who goes to attend youuu
(Oh shit they're an icicle)
Well
(They're all riding bicycles)
Oooohhh
I've got some news for you

Yeah go and tell US News and World Report you raised your GPA median

I drove for 18 freaking hours to go visit your school
And I'm like F YOU!
(oo oo ooh)
I guess my Why Mich essay just wasn't enough
And I'm like F YOU! and your LAW QUAD too
Maybe if I liked indie bands and not feeling my hands,
then I would be more sad (be more sad!)
But now I'm feeling okay, so just one more thing to say...

F YOU!

This is amazing. I don't want to go to Michigan anymore.

+1

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:15 pm

Love,
Me

WUSTL does kick ass anyway :)

Mrs. Jack Donaghy

Postby Mrs. Jack Donaghy » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:28 pm

Last edited by Mrs. Jack Donaghy on Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:55 pm

Love the song, AF!

Am posting here for tag. I'm sure it'll happen for me eventually.

LSATNightmares

Postby LSATNightmares » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:31 am

My turn to contribute to the ding bar! Dear NYU, I was actually super happy you rejected me today. As a DC resident, I don't want to go to New York and become a cold-hearted, blood-sucking lawyer. Many a New Yorker would probably push an old lady to the ground on their way to work and let rats from the subway feast off her. This cold-heartedness translates to your obsession with numbers. It's your loss... when I'm a super-powerful government official, don't come to me for a bail out. With love, a DC applicant.
P.S. Central Park is a sorry excuse of a park when the rest of your city is only cement.
P.P.S For the rest of you who love New York, my apologies.

QandAphorism

Postby QandAphorism » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:41 am

LSATNightmares wrote:My turn to contribute to the ding bar! Dear NYU, I was actually super happy you rejected me today. As a DC resident, I don't want to go to New York and become a cold-hearted, blood-sucking lawyer. Many a New Yorker would probably push an old lady to the ground on their way to work and let rats from the subway feast off her. This cold-heartedness translates to your obsession with numbers. It's your loss... when I'm a super-powerful government official, don't come to me for a bail out. With love, a DC applicant.
P.S. Central Park is a sorry excuse of a park when the rest of your city is only cement.
P.P.S For the rest of you who love New York, my apologies.

+1 for DC's Cherry Blossoms - those are fucking beautiful trees. The only trees in NYC are the ones your cabbie is smoking while he runs over a rat and/or hipster on the way to dropping you off at some place that smells.

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:02 am

QandAphorism wrote:+1 for DC's Cherry Blossoms - those are fucking beautiful trees. The only trees in NYC are the ones your cabbie is smoking while he runs over a rat and/or hipster on the way to dropping you off at some place that smells.

Awesomeness. I am quite sure that in due time I will be contributing here.

ach24

Postby ach24 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:32 am

Last edited by ach24 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

krad

Postby krad » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:37 am

ach24 wrote:Dear Washington & Lee:

Thanks for rejecting me and making my life easier. I know that you don't seem to like it when people have probation for any reason, but let me tell you this now -- having a boy in my room when I wasn't supposed to was worth every fucking minute, and getting your kiss off just reminded me of how much fun that was.

:lol:

AfroThunder1212

Postby AfroThunder1212 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:44 am

I always feel the need to read this thread with Mike Jones - "back then" playing in the background... It just seems like the right thing to do

+1

LilMonsterAnnie

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:56 pm

Thanks for rejecting me and making my life easier. I know that you don't seem to like it when people have probation for any reason, but let me tell you this now -- having a boy in my room when I wasn't supposed to was worth every fucking minute, and getting your kiss off just reminded me of how much fun that was.

stellar

word of the day: Canoodle

fridgeymonster3

Postby fridgeymonster3 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:32 pm

Dear BC,

I am in no way upset by your rejection. As an atheist I probably would have burned to ash upon stepping onto your campus; therefore, my health thanks you. I’ve lived in LA, NY, NJ, and Philly, along with having half of my family hail from the deep South, so I have no interest in learning to comprehend another fucked up accent. I already sound like an inbred, angry, mob-like, vowel-mispronouncing Spanish immigrant, I would certainly have to off myself if I accidentally mixed in portions of a Bahston accent. Furthermore, I already hate the cold of Philly and never wanted to further freeze my ass of in frigid Boston. Lastly, I would be utterly embarrassed to be a graduate of the law school that produced Cosmo-posing Scott Brown.

Sincerely saying I could care less but still go fuck yourself,

fridgey

Entchen

Postby Entchen » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:53 pm

Dear UVA,

I applied in mid-October. I've been under review with you since Oct. 18th with no update. Why the pretense? I know you're going to waitlist me. You know you're going to waitlist me. You've waitlisted every other OOS person with my numbers ever. Well, go right ahead. I already know where I'm going, and it certainly isn't to Charlottesville. In fact, I'll send you a lovely postcard from Michigan where I'll be frolicking in the snow and watching awesome hockey <3.

Sincerely,

Entch :)

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:17 pm

Dear Penn,

The Amish, the amish, the amish....

kk19131

Postby kk19131 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:19 pm

Dear Texas,

You execute mentally handicapped people. Enough said.

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:30 pm

Man, I hope this was probation at some tight-assed college or boarding school, and not some Chris Hanson type-deal.

hipstermafia

Postby hipstermafia » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:40 pm

Entchen wrote:Dear UVA,

I applied in mid-October. I've been under review with you since Oct. 18th with no update. Why the pretense? I know you're going to waitlist me. You know you're going to waitlist me. You've waitlisted every other OOS person with my numbers ever. Well, go right ahead. I already know where I'm going, and it certainly isn't to Charlottesville. In fact, I'll send you a lovely postcard from Michigan where I'll be frolicking in the snow and watching awesome hockey <3.

Sincerely,

Entch :)

<3

ach24

Postby ach24 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 pm

Last edited by ach24 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:19 pm

Say no more. :lol:

CSCS Trainer

Postby CSCS Trainer » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:53 pm

Thank you University of Oklahoma for the very speedy rejection. Couple thoughts:

1. "The Boomer Sooner Fight Song for the University of Oklahoma is taken from "Boola Boola", the fight song of Yale University. An addition was added a year later, which they took from University of North Carolina's "I'm a Tar Heel Born"."

Obviously your university is a hub of original intellectual accomplishments.

2. "WWE commentator and Oklahoma native Jim Ross uses the fight song as his entrance theme. He also often uses the phrase "Boomer Sooner" to signify a good moment."

I think that says it all right there. So I say to you, University of Oklahoma, Boomer Sooner.

jaydizzle

Postby jaydizzle » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:48 pm

I also posted this in the BC thread:

Wow, thanks BC. They made sure I got my rejection right in time for Christmas. I'm sorry, but that's just classless... What a nice holiday gift-set for me. I get a nice GMU Christmas card then a rejection the next day, and now I get a DR with BC and a rejection promptly issued for Christmas. I guess they just couldn't wait but to reject me...

LilMonsterAnnie

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:05 pm

jaydizzle wrote:I also posted this in the BC thread:

Wow, thanks BC. They made sure I got my rejection right in time for Christmas. I'm sorry, but that's just classless... What a nice holiday gift-set for me. I get a nice GMU Christmas card then a rejection the next day, and now I get a DR with BC and a rejection promptly issued for Christmas. I guess they just couldn't wait but to reject me...

Any LS who rejects in December deserve to Flame!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”