THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
vlsorbust
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:24 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby vlsorbust » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:07 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:Seems like it's been quiet for everyone but me. A rejection and a waitlist.


Nope, just got rejected by my #1 pick and was too devastated - and embarrassed - to post anything here. :( I'm sure I'll think of a good zinger soon as I'm over it.

User avatar
dp73816
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:54 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby dp73816 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:02 pm

b.dale.flat wrote:no one has any more??
It's been a quiet week for me



I think they are done ravaging my lifeless body...Indiana and Wake Forest finished me off...now, Notre Dame and Washington & Lee are gonna come by and pick the bones w/ their WL's

And I will be ready for them with a cogent and witty tidbit about the evils of private school, most likely...

User avatar
Intersect2.0
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:56 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Intersect2.0 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:25 pm

akili wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:Dear Stanford,

I never really wanted to go to school there, so I guess you figured it out. That doesn't surprise me since you were involved with building the intersect. That being said, it sickens me that you allow the Ring to recruit on campus. And the way you treated Chuck Bartowski, well, it doesn't surprise me that the T3 will always be HY>>>>>>>>that other school on the west coast. Oh, and John Elway needs a haircut, hippie.

Sincerely,
Sauer Grapes (rather fitting screen name now, huh?)

PS, I didn't want to be a statistic when the big one hits anyway.


This made me LOL so much. Chuck FTW!


AMAZING. (See name/avatar).

melanieB
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:47 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby melanieB » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:36 pm

Dearest Dearest Brooklyn,

I am sorry to inform you that I just cannot accept your rejection. You said you do not have space for me. First of all, that is rather insulting to a fat girl like me, I should have you sued for discrimination. But I wont. (At least not until I am a lawyer myself and can sue your butt for free! ;) ) I'll just lose some 80 pounds (that's like one tiny person) and bring an extra seat on the first day of class. Tada! Problem solved. More space. See you in August! I can't wait to learn!

Yours Truly and Forever,
Melanie Soon to B. Skinny

waverider
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby waverider » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:25 pm

melanieB wrote:Dearest Dearest Brooklyn,

I am sorry to inform you that I just cannot accept your rejection. You said you do not have space for me. First of all, that is rather insulting to a fat girl like me, I should have you sued for discrimination. But I wont. (At least not until I am a lawyer myself and can sue your butt for free! ;) ) I'll just lose some 80 pounds (that's like one tiny person) and bring an extra seat on the first day of class. Tada! Problem solved. More space. See you in August! I can't wait to learn!

Yours Truly and Forever,
Melanie Soon to B. Skinny


Legen...........(wait for it)..... dary

User avatar
FunkyJD
Posts: 1039
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby FunkyJD » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:18 pm

melanieB wrote:Dearest Dearest Brooklyn,

I am sorry to inform you that I just cannot accept your rejection. You said you do not have space for me. First of all, that is rather insulting to a fat girl like me, I should have you sued for discrimination. But I wont. (At least not until I am a lawyer myself and can sue your butt for free! ;) ) I'll just lose some 80 pounds (that's like one tiny person) and bring an extra seat on the first day of class. Tada! Problem solved. More space. See you in August! I can't wait to learn!

Yours Truly and Forever,
Melanie Soon to B. Skinny


This is all that I have to say to that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95SYdjRVCR0

User avatar
Chichaca
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:19 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Chichaca » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:00 pm

Dear Stanford,

Go Cardinals!

Have fun trying to get people to study law in spite of the weather. And with your newly expanded course catalog made possible by the quarter system.

Best,

Chichaca

User avatar
GordonBombay
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby GordonBombay » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:08 pm

Maryland.

Being a lawyer in Baltimore looked cool in Wedding Crashers and He's Just not that into you (GF made me watch)

Not so much on The Wire

my gpa sucks, so not surprised

Agent Bartowski
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:10 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Agent Bartowski » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:16 pm

Maryland-

I would have loved to attend with your sweet sweet in state tuition. But alas. Instead of being shot in Baltimore I will settle for being shot in DC.

User avatar
FunkyJD
Posts: 1039
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby FunkyJD » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:23 pm

Agent Bartowski wrote:Maryland-

I would have loved to attend with your sweet sweet in state tuition. But alas. Instead of being shot in Baltimore I will settle for being shot in DC.

:lol:

dreaming
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby dreaming » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:44 am

Cornell,

Thanks for telling me I can always apply as a transfer. I'm glad you think so highly of yourself that you think I will come crawling back to you in a year. I'm over it. You should move on too. You had your chance.

Sincerely,
[ ]

User avatar
TheBigMediocre
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby TheBigMediocre » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:02 am

dreaming wrote:Cornell,

Thanks for telling me I can always apply as a transfer. I'm glad you think so highly of yourself that you think I will come crawling back to you in a year. I'm over it. You should move on too. You had your chance.

Sincerely,
[ ]


Do they seriously say you can apply as a transfer? Get real, Andy Bernard. If someone has the grades to transfer out of a T-30 school, there is no fucking way in hell they are going to Ithaca.

dreaming
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby dreaming » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:23 am

TheBigMediocre wrote:
dreaming wrote:Cornell,

Thanks for telling me I can always apply as a transfer. I'm glad you think so highly of yourself that you think I will come crawling back to you in a year. I'm over it. You should move on too. You had your chance.

Sincerely,
[ ]


Do they seriously say you can apply as a transfer? Get real, Andy Bernard. If someone has the grades to transfer out of a T-30 school, there is no fucking way in hell they are going to Ithaca.


Yeah. They suck. :x

User avatar
trialjunky
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:41 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby trialjunky » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:46 am

melanieB wrote:Dearest Dearest Brooklyn,

I am sorry to inform you that I just cannot accept your rejection. You said you do not have space for me. First of all, that is rather insulting to a fat girl like me, I should have you sued for discrimination. But I wont. (At least not until I am a lawyer myself and can sue your butt for free! ;) ) I'll just lose some 80 pounds (that's like one tiny person) and bring an extra seat on the first day of class. Tada! Problem solved. More space. See you in August! I can't wait to learn!

Yours Truly and Forever,
Melanie Soon to B. Skinny


A-friggin-mazing! LMAO

User avatar
dvd
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby dvd » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:30 pm

`
Last edited by dvd on Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Unitas » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:39 pm

dvd wrote:Dear Georgetown,

Your email ("Good morning from Georgetown. I'm writing to you today to give you an update. The Committee has begun the process of looking at our waiting list candidates, with special attention to the small group of which you are a part. As I sit here today, there are very few openings and we most likely will not be able to offer you a seat as of now") did not disappoint me in the least. My only issue now is to decide if I want to go to cold Ithaca, or sunny Los Angeles. I forgot I was still on your waitlist.


Did it really say that?

User avatar
dvd
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby dvd » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:12 pm

`
Last edited by dvd on Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

waverider
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby waverider » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:21 pm

Chichaca wrote:Dear Stanford,

Go Cardinals!

Have fun trying to get people to study law in spite of the weather. And with your newly expanded course catalog made possible by the quarter system.

Best,

Chichaca



Sorry but I have to call you out... just a little lame.

You can do better

waverider
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby waverider » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:25 pm

Wake Forest.

You have been making me wait for months now and I still don't have a decision yet. Believe me I want to hand you a zinger right now, but I won't. I'm going to make you wait. But know, its coming... when you least expect it.

Oh and will be good.

User avatar
Chichaca
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:19 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Chichaca » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:37 am

waverider wrote:
Chichaca wrote:Dear Stanford,

Go Cardinals!

Have fun trying to get people to study law in spite of the weather. And with your newly expanded course catalog made possible by the quarter system.

Best,

Chichaca



Sorry but I have to call you out... just a little lame.

You can do better

Haha, yeah, well. It was therapeutic for me in its own little way. I don't really have a lot of bad things to say about Stanford. (Except that stupid tree... WTF.)

User avatar
deadpanic
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:09 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby deadpanic » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:55 pm

I didn't even apply there, but I'd like to give one big fuck you to Minnesota. Sending me multiple e-mails encouraging me to apply, when I had no chance to begin with AND not even offering a fee waiver was a bold move. I wouldn't have applied if you had given me a fee waiver.

Like I'd want to live in Minnesota where it is freezing for 75% of the year and your hockey team is better than your football team. Not to mention Big 10 football games (not that you are going to win anyway) seem to start at the crack of dawn and are over before Gameday even starts.

Yeah, sounds like a great time.

dorothy_larker
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby dorothy_larker » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:14 pm

Hey Yaaallllee,

In a moment of brash stupidity I applied to your prestigious asylum ("asylum" in the not-so-serene way). But I wanted to let you know that my gig in King Arthur's Court is going great, very bloody yet egalitarian et cetera, so I shan't make it to Connecticut. No, I never read that book, but I bet you thought I did--or had it read to me by helpful if infiltrating Jehovah's Witnesses or a beneficent band of Jesuits--just because I'm a bit downwind of the Mason Dixon Line and clearly would not learn good up yonder. (Btw, smells like plagiarism and pomtinis.)

Anyhoo, I've got a bad case of hookworm (as you no doubt surmised) to clear up and I probably couldn't have handled that along with the second-hand syphilis I'd acquire from the Yale Legacy admit I needed notes from. You know, that dude who'd bone my skull or whatever. So here's to keeping the parasite load low, biologically, academically, and socially.

-d

P.S. Mark my Twain.

lta
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby lta » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:21 pm

dorothy_larker wrote:Hey Yaaallllee,

In a moment of brash stupidity I applied to your prestigious asylum ("asylum" in the not-so-serene way). But I wanted to let you know that my gig in King Arthur's Court is going great, very bloody yet egalitarian et cetera, so I shan't make it to Connecticut. No, I never read that book, but I bet you thought I did--or had it read to me by helpful if infiltrating Jehovah's Witnesses or a beneficent band of Jesuits--just because I'm a bit downwind of the Mason Dixon Line and clearly would not learn good up yonder. (Btw, smells like plagiarism and pomtinis.)

Anyhoo, I've got a bad case of hookworm (as you no doubt surmised) to clear up and I probably couldn't have handled that along with the second-hand syphilis I'd acquire from the Yale Legacy admit I needed notes from. You know, that dude who'd bone my skull or whatever. So here's to keeping the parasite load low, biologically, academically, and socially.

-d

P.S. Mark my Twain.


wow. just WOW

dorothy_larker
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby dorothy_larker » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:36 pm

Thanks, Ita. I thought the thread was super funny and consoling and was happy to contribute (through the tears, of course).

User avatar
JTX
Posts: 280
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:23 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby JTX » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:47 pm

dvd wrote:
Unitas wrote:
dvd wrote:Dear Georgetown,

Your email ("Good morning from Georgetown. I'm writing to you today to give you an update. The Committee has begun the process of looking at our waiting list candidates, with special attention to the small group of which you are a part. As I sit here today, there are very few openings and we most likely will not be able to offer you a seat as of now") did not disappoint me in the least. My only issue now is to decide if I want to go to cold Ithaca, or sunny Los Angeles. I forgot I was still on your waitlist.


Did it really say that?


It did indeed. That is the first paragraph, word for word.


holy crap that is hilarious. and awful.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: applicationquestions, Keilz, RickyBunny, trohara14 and 14 guests