THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
alpha kenny body
Posts: 4853
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby alpha kenny body » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:18 am

charles117 wrote:uchicago - because I don't want to end up on zoloft like the rest of the sad souls at your school

Wtf? I know a few people that are killing it there and they're having a smashing time, old sport.

User avatar
shotgunheist
Posts: 263
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:38 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby shotgunheist » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:50 pm

fips tedora wrote:
charles117 wrote:uchicago - because I don't want to end up on zoloft like the rest of the sad souls at your school

Wtf? I know a few people that are killing it there and they're having a smashing time, old sport.


you realize this is a thread where we irreverently make fun of the schools stereotypes right

User avatar
TripleM
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 8:35 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby TripleM » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:09 pm

fips tedora wrote:Wtf? I know a few people that are killing it there and they're having a smashing time, old sport.


Take your positivity and optimism elsewhere! This is no place for that sort of debauchery.

Also, Texas, you have confirmed that we share only one belief in common-- #TexasSecession

User avatar
alpha kenny body
Posts: 4853
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby alpha kenny body » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:32 pm

shotgunheist wrote:
fips tedora wrote:
charles117 wrote:uchicago - because I don't want to end up on zoloft like the rest of the sad souls at your school

Wtf? I know a few people that are killing it there and they're having a smashing time, old sport.


you realize this is a thread where we irreverently make fun of the schools stereotypes right

Check my start date brah, I've been here since before you took your first untimed PT. His was just poorly done. Next!

User avatar
pleasesendhelp
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:28 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby pleasesendhelp » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:36 pm

fips tedora wrote:
shotgunheist wrote:
fips tedora wrote:
charles117 wrote:uchicago - because I don't want to end up on zoloft like the rest of the sad souls at your school

Wtf? I know a few people that are killing it there and they're having a smashing time, old sport.


you realize this is a thread where we irreverently make fun of the schools stereotypes right

Check my start date brah, I've been here since before you took your first untimed PT. His was just poorly done. Next!


Lmao, the poor guy got rejected. No need to salt the wound. Unless you're being meta and salting the salty to increase overall saltiness. Which i believe is the true purpose of this thread.

User avatar
alpha kenny body
Posts: 4853
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby alpha kenny body » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:47 pm

pleasesendhelp wrote:
fips tedora wrote:
shotgunheist wrote:
fips tedora wrote:
charles117 wrote:uchicago - because I don't want to end up on zoloft like the rest of the sad souls at your school

Wtf? I know a few people that are killing it there and they're having a smashing time, old sport.


you realize this is a thread where we irreverently make fun of the schools stereotypes right

Check my start date brah, I've been here since before you took your first untimed PT. His was just poorly done. Next!

Lmao, the poor guy got rejected. No need to salt the wound. Unless you're being meta and salting the salty to increase overall saltiness. Which i believe is the true purpose of this thread.

Look at the old chap. The first one to ascend from the proletariat to landed gentry.

User avatar
charles117
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby charles117 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:20 pm

fips tedora wrote:
pleasesendhelp wrote:
fips tedora wrote:
shotgunheist wrote:
fips tedora wrote:
charles117 wrote:uchicago - because I don't want to end up on zoloft like the rest of the sad souls at your school

Wtf? I know a few people that are killing it there and they're having a smashing time, old sport.


you realize this is a thread where we irreverently make fun of the schools stereotypes right

Check my start date brah, I've been here since before you took your first untimed PT. His was just poorly done. Next!

Lmao, the poor guy got rejected. No need to salt the wound. Unless you're being meta and salting the salty to increase overall saltiness. Which i believe is the true purpose of this thread.

Look at the old chap. The first one to ascend from the proletariat to landed gentry.


I smell a gunner

User avatar
alpha kenny body
Posts: 4853
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby alpha kenny body » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:23 pm

charles117 wrote:
fips tedora wrote:
pleasesendhelp wrote:
fips tedora wrote:
shotgunheist wrote:
fips tedora wrote:
charles117 wrote:uchicago - because I don't want to end up on zoloft like the rest of the sad souls at your school

Wtf? I know a few people that are killing it there and they're having a smashing time, old sport.


you realize this is a thread where we irreverently make fun of the schools stereotypes right

Check my start date brah, I've been here since before you took your first untimed PT. His was just poorly done. Next!

Lmao, the poor guy got rejected. No need to salt the wound. Unless you're being meta and salting the salty to increase overall saltiness. Which i believe is the true purpose of this thread.

Look at the old chap. The first one to ascend from the proletariat to landed gentry.


I smell a gunner

I don't need to gun, cause I got shooters! Skeet skeet bang bang

User avatar
laqueredup
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:05 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby laqueredup » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:20 pm

USC, you were a decent safety I guess, and I was about to tell you I'd moved on anyway. Somehow the fact that you beat me to it still hurts, but it's not me, it's you: noone really wants to go to the #2 school in LA.

User avatar
chandhi
Posts: 1890
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby chandhi » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm

DLS from SLS! #onelessproblemwithoutyou #firstrejection

I didn't want to pay a fortune every month to live in the middle of a bunch of farmlands with hella pretentious folks anyway.

Also, you hide your rapists behind their swim medals.

JuJuXTX
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:20 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby JuJuXTX » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:14 pm

AnMzungu wrote:
JuJuXTX wrote:Dinged by Gtown (ED) and NYU on the same day....two reasons to get fucked up on a friday night.
UVA dinged me within two weeks around the beginning of March...don't really give a fuck about UVA to be honest...and Berkeley two weeks later which was within my expectation. So five dings so far and one priority WL from Emory...Gonna go cry now.


Beginning of March? So you applied at the end of April then? If so, sit out a year and apply early. (And probably retake)



Applied at the end of April? dude you are saying that they dinged me before I even applied...I presume u meant Feb- then yes, that was the case. Naaaa I've still got some hope for the cycle not really planning to reapply atm. Good luck with urs :)

User avatar
AnMzungu
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 12:00 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby AnMzungu » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:18 pm

JuJuXTX wrote:
AnMzungu wrote:
JuJuXTX wrote:Dinged by Gtown (ED) and NYU on the same day....two reasons to get fucked up on a friday night.
UVA dinged me within two weeks around the beginning of March...don't really give a fuck about UVA to be honest...and Berkeley two weeks later which was within my expectation. So five dings so far and one priority WL from Emory...Gonna go cry now.


Beginning of March? So you applied at the end of April then? If so, sit out a year and apply early. (And probably retake)



Applied at the end of April? dude you are saying that they dinged me before I even applied...I presume u meant Feb- then yes, that was the case. Naaaa I've still got some hope for the cycle not really planning to reapply atm. Good luck with urs :)


Haha, yes, I did mean February. I'm a 2L, but I appreciate the well wishes. Anyway, best of luck. Do what works for you, but seriously consider retaking if it could change the game.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:32 pm

I came to my senses but if you wanna know what I have to say about GULC, PM a bitch.

(Also I wasn't dinged for admittance, but $$ - nonetheless I'll give you more reasons to choose anywhere but GULC)
Last edited by SybillAnnDorsett on Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.
Posts: 1205
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:43 pm

AnMzungu wrote:
JuJuXTX wrote:
AnMzungu wrote:
JuJuXTX wrote:Dinged by Gtown (ED) and NYU on the same day....two reasons to get fucked up on a friday night.
UVA dinged me within two weeks around the beginning of March...don't really give a fuck about UVA to be honest...and Berkeley two weeks later which was within my expectation. So five dings so far and one priority WL from Emory...Gonna go cry now.


Beginning of March? So you applied at the end of April then? If so, sit out a year and apply early. (And probably retake)



Applied at the end of April? dude you are saying that they dinged me before I even applied...I presume u meant Feb- then yes, that was the case. Naaaa I've still got some hope for the cycle not really planning to reapply atm. Good luck with urs :)


Haha, yes, I did mean February. I'm a 2L, but I appreciate the well wishes. Anyway, best of luck. Do what works for you, but seriously consider retaking if it could change the game.


Not even retaking....reapplying early in the cycle can work wonders for you!

User avatar
Instrumental
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Instrumental » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:45 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:GULC! Y'all can use the $172,000 of TT money you aren't giving me to pay a food chain OTHER than Subway to feed the white privileged barbour-wearing (the wax coats are so 2010 and we are BORED of it) students on your decrepit, homeless shelter of a campus. Actually, I take that back, because that is an insult to the homeless people who'd much prefer to sleep at Union Station than outside of the miserable glass building where big law and PI dreams alike go to die.

Y'all can kiss my natural brown ass because you blew your chance with this fine sister. Enjoy your poor ratings! SAD! <3

Put GULC in a bag of Planters cause it just got roasted.

User avatar
jessmeesh
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby jessmeesh » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:22 pm

Instrumental wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:GULC! Y'all can use the $172,000 of TT money you aren't giving me to pay a food chain OTHER than Subway to feed the white privileged barbour-wearing (the wax coats are so 2010 and we are BORED of it) students on your decrepit, homeless shelter of a campus. Actually, I take that back, because that is an insult to the homeless people who'd much prefer to sleep at Union Station than outside of the miserable glass building where big law and PI dreams alike go to die.

Y'all can kiss my natural brown ass because you blew your chance with this fine sister. Enjoy your poor ratings! SAD! <3

Put GULC in a bag of Planters cause it just got roasted.


Daaaaammmmmmnnnnn

I withdrew from GULC after I was on the regular waitlist. I had feelings about it, but damn lol

User avatar
alpha kenny body
Posts: 4853
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby alpha kenny body » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:25 pm

The Great Salt Lake and the Dead Sea have nowhere near the amount of saltinity as in this thread

User avatar
TudoBem
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:21 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby TudoBem » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:20 pm

Dinged by UVA. I don't really care. Should I? Nah... :P

User avatar
haley12
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby haley12 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:32 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:I came to my senses but if you wanna know what I have to say about GULC, PM a bitch.

(Also I wasn't dinged for admittance, but $$ - nonetheless I'll give you more reasons to choose anywhere but GULC)


Your post was funny tho :lol:

And actually so true, the homeless population is absurd outside GULC. Like a factor in my decision level absurd.

Hobbesy
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:34 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Hobbesy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:23 pm

Finally got the Harvard ding. They gave a really nice it's not you, it's me.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:52 pm

harvard, aw!! lovely letter, sis.

take that energy and put it into gardening on that dreadfully empty campus of yours, it looks like an excavation site.

also #3? ouch. a school in Palo Alto - P A L O A L T O - has you beat!

to use as inspiration the bars of my soul sister nicki on her famed diss bop "Tragedy" -

DING THURSDAY, TIME TO DRAG H-TOWN!
ACCEPTING GRE? GIRL U LOOK LIKE COOLEY NOW!
'SPECIALLY WHEN U IN THE GAME SINCE 1620
YOU WAS HOT WHEN SHAQ TEAMED UP WITH PENNIE!!!

MAN - U WAS MAGIC! I mean, LOOK AT YOU NOW, HO! U JUST (third place) TRAGIC!
U a TRAGEDY
U a PARODY
LAST NAME ANNE, FIRST NAME RAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGITYYYYYYYY.

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:13 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:harvard, aw!! lovely letter, sis.

take that energy and put it into gardening on that dreadfully empty campus of yours, it looks like an excavation site.

also #3? ouch. a school in Palo Alto - P A L O A L T O - has you beat!

to use as inspiration the bars of my soul sister nicki on her famed diss bop "Tragedy" -

DING THURSDAY, TIME TO DRAG H-TOWN!
ACCEPTING GRE? GIRL U LOOK LIKE COOLEY NOW!
'SPECIALLY WHEN U IN THE GAME SINCE 1620
YOU WAS HOT WHEN SHAQ TEAMED UP WITH PENNIE!!!

MAN - U WAS MAGIC! I mean, LOOK AT YOU NOW, HO! U JUST (third place) TRAGIC!
U a TRAGEDY
U a PARODY
LAST NAME ANNE, FIRST NAME RAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGITYYYYYYYY.


What she said ^

THIS is how you diss H. 8)

User avatar
seeprybyrun
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby seeprybyrun » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:41 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:harvard, aw!! lovely letter, sis.

take that energy and put it into gardening on that dreadfully empty campus of yours, it looks like an excavation site.

also #3? ouch. a school in Palo Alto - P A L O A L T O - has you beat!

to use as inspiration the bars of my soul sister nicki on her famed diss bop "Tragedy" -

DING THURSDAY, TIME TO DRAG H-TOWN!
ACCEPTING GRE? GIRL U LOOK LIKE COOLEY NOW!
'SPECIALLY WHEN U IN THE GAME SINCE 1620
YOU WAS HOT WHEN SHAQ TEAMED UP WITH PENNIE!!!

MAN - U WAS MAGIC! I mean, LOOK AT YOU NOW, HO! U JUST (third place) TRAGIC!
U a TRAGEDY
U a PARODY
LAST NAME ANNE, FIRST NAME RAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGITYYYYYYYY.


slowclap.gif

User avatar
Instrumental
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Instrumental » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:21 pm

It's getting to the point where I kinda want to see SybillAnnDorsett get dings just so I can see these schools get clapped up.

j/k that's selfish
Last edited by Instrumental on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
blelwoods
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:10 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby blelwoods » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:24 pm

Instrumental wrote:It's getting to the point where I kinda want to see SybillAnnDorsett get dings just so I can see these schools get clapped up.




LMFAO!!!! For reals though :mrgreen:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 90838, bas1, gobears18, learningforkids, LSNlife, monsterc_, porzingis3, rideagain, sconnie1796, truegigi18, wolfonlawstreet and 27 guests