THE DING BAR Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
GermX

Silver

Re: THE DING BAR

Post by GermX » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:14 pm

Dear Georgetown,

Fuck you. I have great softs and an LSAT and GPA above your medians, so suck my cock assholes.

Regards,

GermX

$1.99

Silver

Post by $1.99 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:36 pm

GermX wrote:Dear Georgetown,

Fuck you. I have great softs and an LSAT and GPA above your medians, so suck my cock assholes.

Regards,

GermX
nicely put, better to go with the direct method instead of wasting time writing something that is clever

weee

Bronze

Post by weee » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:14 pm

$1.99 wrote:
GermX wrote:Dear Georgetown,

Regards,

GermX
nicely put, better to go with the direct method instead of wasting time writing something that is clever
Both methods have value, I like the variety in this thread, that being said I was definitely fond of this approach, well done.

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:44 pm

Holy shit Georgetown,

You take the cake for the most thoughtless, insincere rejection of the year. I gave you 80 bucks and this is the best you can do?
Dear Mr Chico:

After careful consideration of your file, unfortunately, the Committee on Admissions is unable to approve your application for admission to the Law Center for the Fall of 2010.

Last year, we received almost 12,000 applications for the 575 places available in our first year class, and each year the quality of our applicant pool continues to increase. Consequently, the Committee must make the difficult decision of turning down many well-qualified candidates who have the potential for success in a law program.
We appreciate your interest in Georgetown and wish you success in attaining your academic goals.

Sincerely,

Andrew P. Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions
Associate Vice President for Graduate Admission
Andy Cornblatt? More like Andy ASS-hat

scottstot

New

Post by scottstot » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:46 pm

georgetown - drive by shootings aren't really my style anyways

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SaintClarence27

Silver

Post by SaintClarence27 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:48 pm

Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pollaclc

Bronze

Post by pollaclc » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:53 pm

"Fuck you, dude, we wouldn't touch your app with a 10 foot pole."
lol! i applied to a lot of reaches and honestly would rather they sent me this, verbatim, written on a napkin than the thin-veil of BS they usually go with.

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:50 pm

pollaclc wrote:
"Fuck you, dude, we wouldn't touch your app with a 10 foot pole."
lol! i applied to a lot of reaches and honestly would rather they sent me this, verbatim, written on a napkin than the thin-veil of BS they usually go with.
I'd almost even take a phone call with an adcomm saying, "Thanks for applying, but did you honestly think you had a shot? No seriously, I want to know why you'd even waste your time." And then when I asked, "Did you even read the essay?" he responds, "Not with your LSAT score."

utswdukie80

New

Post by utswdukie80 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:54 pm

Thanks, Georgetown. I nearly withdrew my app after that debacle against Ohio, anyway. Besides, you admit so many applicants and hand out degrees like candy that I actually feel unique by your rejection.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

charlesjd

Bronze

Post by charlesjd » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:11 pm

Dear OSU,

Thank you for rejecting me. The last place I want to practice law is Cleveland... the third shittiest city in the United States. Thanks for looking out for my quality of life, it's truly appreciated.

P.S. Michigan will always be better in EVERYTHING... oh yeah, and with penn state as an upcoming law school, i wouldnt be surprised if the surpass you too (and in football), and yeah Case Western is better too.. so suck on that...

(cough) Only reason I applied was the fee wavier :)

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:16 pm

charlesjd wrote:Dear OSU,

Thank you for rejecting me. The last place I want to practice law is Cleveland... the third shittiest city in the United States. Thanks for looking out for my quality of life, it's truly appreciated.

P.S. Michigan will always be better in EVERYTHING... oh yeah, and with penn state as an upcoming law school, i wouldnt be surprised if the surpass you too (and in football), and yeah Case Western is better too.. so suck on that...

(cough) Only reason I applied was the fee wavier :)
Nice if you applied to Mich (and got rejected) you can just switch around the school names, double bonus!

lil_bit810

New

Post by lil_bit810 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:50 pm

Dear Georgetown,

Why the hell would you put me on the regular waitlist when you have a "priority waitlist" as well as a "special priority waitlist"? That's the lamest fucking rejection I have had so far. Next time just write, "It's not you, it's me," or a simple "No." Either one would suffice. Why don't you just grow the balls to flat out reject me. For this reason, I have kindly taken the time to tell you that you can take all three of your waitlists and shove them up your pretentious ass.

Thanks.
:D

Kiersten1985

Silver

Post by Kiersten1985 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:53 pm

Dear NYU,

Your students represent everything that is wrong with Manhattan. I don't think I own enough oversized plaid garments to make friends there anyway.

Thanks for taking the [longest] time [ever] to review my application [and end up rejecting me anyway].

Best,
Me

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dp73816

Bronze

Post by dp73816 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Dear Wake Forest

Thanks for being an all-around douche. For the sake of all that come after me, take the stick out of your ass and stop pretending to be an "elite school" when you cant even get a tour guide that can remember his way around your own fucking building (seriously, how the fuck do you get lost as a 3L???). Please stop espousing a "family atmosphere" when it felt like there should've been butlers walking around, wiping the asses of your obnoxious student body. Also, thanks for blatantly fondling the nuts of the awkward, super-dry kid with the 170 who acted like he had yet to ever encounter a personality, while ignoring me like I had the fucking plague. Real classy.

ps - how does it feel to be "elite," but behind UNC - the public school?

FunkyJD

Silver

Post by FunkyJD » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:32 pm

scottstot wrote:georgetown - drive by shootings aren't really my style anyways

Low hanging fruit!! :lol: And that jazz was in SE anyway!

deadpanic

Silver

Post by deadpanic » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:44 pm

dp73816 wrote:Dear Wake Forest

Thanks for being an all-around douche. For the sake of all that come after me, take the stick out of your ass and stop pretending to be an "elite school" when you cant even get a tour guide that can remember his way around your own fucking building (seriously, how the fuck do you get lost as a 3L???). Please stop espousing a "family atmosphere" when it felt like there should've been butlers walking around, wiping the asses of your obnoxious student body. Also, thanks for blatantly fondling the nuts of the awkward, super-dry kid with the 170 who acted like he had yet to ever encounter a personality, while ignoring me like I had the fucking plague. Real classy.

ps - how does it feel to be "elite," but behind UNC - the public school?
*1978 slow golf clap*

Impressive smack down right there.

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:23 pm

Dear Harvard,

You can take your snooty better than thou attitude and shove it. If you were really that great, then why did none of the Kennedy's go to HLS? In fact, the ones that went to law school decided they'd rather go to a public school than spend more time on your boring campus.

Yours truly,
Sauer Grapes

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TTTennis

Bronze

Post by TTTennis » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:30 pm

Dear Georgetttown,

Quite honestly, I wasn't good enough for you. I thought my high-ish gpa could swing me a waitlist like everywhere else I applied, but you saw through the bullshit. Keep holding up the back-end of the t-14.

84Sunbird2000

Silver

Post by 84Sunbird2000 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:50 pm

Dear UCLA,

Thanks for keeping me from racking up 220k in debt in order to be just as trapped in California as graduates of Whittier and LaVerne. Plus, based on recent trends, it'll actually be 300k of debt by the time I'd graduate.

vlsorbust

New

Post by vlsorbust » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:00 am

Albany:

I didn't think TTTs yield protected, but I can't think of any other reason for your decision to reject my application. I guess there's a first time for everything. But hey, thanks for giving me that fee waiver - I can't tell you how glad I am that I didn't have to waste more than $12 on your sub-par institution. Thanks for sparing me an insane amount of boredom. Somehow I think that watching paint dry would be a blast compared to attending your school.

Sincerely,

vlsorbust

GermX

Silver

Post by GermX » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:38 pm

Dear Northwestern,

Thanks for taking 6 months to let me know what I already knew would happen. Fuck you for the lame letter, bitches. Oh, and charging $100 for the application? Fuck you.

Regards,

GermX

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

boardride23

New

Post by boardride23 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:29 pm

Dear Cardozo/Yeshiva/Yeshiva-Cardozo,

I still dont know the actual name of your law school, nor could I spell it.

boom roasted

Neelio

Silver

Post by Neelio » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:07 pm

Dear UW,

Wow. I'm speechless. I spent about $400 to fly my ass from NYC to Seattle to see your campus. You told me, "Don't worry about applying early, we wait until mid-January to look over applications." So I listened. Now, I'm looking on the outside in even though my stats are right in your sweet spot. Thanks for the great advice. Anyway, I'm not too disappointed. Jake Locker is overrated, and punk rock blows. You're weather would make me want to jump off the Space Needle. If I really want a taste of Seattle, I'll walk to the Starbucks on the corner. Suck a dick up til you hiccup.

Neelio

PS- If yesterday's rejection letter was a April Fool's joke, please let me know. You're campus is gorgeous and, well, I think I'm in love with you. Call me.

cr073137

Bronze

Post by cr073137 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:09 pm

Neelio wrote:Dear UW,

Wow. I'm speechless. I spent about $400 to fly my ass from NYC to Seattle to see your campus. You told me, "Don't worry about applying early, we wait until mid-January to look over applications." So I listened. Now, I'm looking on the outside in even though my stats are right in your sweet spot. Thanks for the great advice. Anyway, I'm not too disappointed. Jake Locker is overrated, and punk rock blows. You're weather would make me want to jump off the Space Needle. If I really want a taste of Seattle, I'll walk to the Starbucks on the corner. Suck a dick up til you hiccup.

Neelio

PS- If yesterday's rejection letter was a April Fool's joke, please let me know. You're campus is gorgeous and, well, I think I'm in love with you. Call me.
Best post ever!

kaydish21

Bronze

Post by kaydish21 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:53 pm

Huck Farvard.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”