THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Calihawk

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Calihawk » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:58 pm

BirdLawExpert wrote:
James.K.Polk wrote:Bro you can hate on Emory all you want but Winnipeg is cool.

I don't dislike Winnipeg, but there's no denying that it's a cattle town with less than a million people, whereas Atlanta is a bustling metropolis with an absurdly higher number of citizens in the metro area. It would be like Cleveland losing a sports team to Sioux City.

not to mention "i got broads in atlanta"

crystallize

Postby crystallize » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:10 pm

Holodigm wrote:
Holodigm wrote:Dear Berkeley,

I was always going to Stanford anyway.

Dear Stanford,

FUCK.

Aw I got so excited when I read your first one.

afro_onnanoko

Postby afro_onnanoko » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:43 am

Sooo glad to have found this thread. Dinged on 2/24 @ UVA.

Young Metro doesn't trust them anyway.

herecomesthesun

Postby herecomesthesun » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:44 am

Dear Yale,

I can honestly say I deserved this one.

Drmrndaphd

Postby Drmrndaphd » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:30 am

herecomesthesun wrote:Dear Yale,

I can honestly say I deserved this one.

+1

sjp200

Postby sjp200 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:32 am

Only been rejected to one and I keep bringing it up but...

Yeah well Berkeley, I'm going to start my own law school and have my own sexual harassment scandal. With Blackjack! And Hookers!

Eh screw the blackjack...and the hookers...eh screw the whole thing.

Still waiting on that NW rejection though. And maybe Vandy, but Vandy I see a wait list in my future most likely

MiamiHeat3

Postby MiamiHeat3 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:22 pm

afro_onnanoko wrote:Sooo glad to have found this thread. Dinged on 2/24 @ UVA.

Young Metro doesn't trust them anyway.

Dinged by UF. Young Metro doesn't trust them either.

MidwestMidbest

Postby MidwestMidbest » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:03 pm

Dear Texas,

This is karma for rooting for OU every year in the Red River Rivalry, isn't it? No hard feelings, though. I'll just watch happily as Austin gentrifies and everything desirable gets priced out by luxury condos.

Ps- food trucks suck and SXSW is a second tier festival.

Oskosh

Postby Oskosh » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:21 pm

MidwestMidbest wrote:Dear Texas,

This is karma for rooting for OU every year in the Red River Rivalry, isn't it? No hard feelings, though. I'll just watch happily as Austin gentrifies and everything desirable gets priced out by luxury condos.

Ps- food trucks suck and SXSW is a second tier festival.

Take that back, you dirty sooner!

Sorry about the bad news, though. Even as a longhorn, I sincerely hope you have better options than Texas available to you to make up for it! :D

And SXSW is more annoying than anything haha.

mesnggirl

Postby mesnggirl » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:44 pm

Dear Harvard,

Let's be honest. You've held my application through so many ding waves, I thought that you were going to at least wait-list me. Thank you for setting me free. While your rejection hurts my ego, I would still have preferred going to Stanford even if you had admitted me. We're both better off seeing other people and I'm thrilled to never have to see your status checker again.
Last edited by mesnggirl on Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skimmilk

Postby skimmilk » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:28 pm

Dear Harvard,

Sincerely,
Skim

bartletforlsat

Postby bartletforlsat » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:58 pm

Dear WUSTL Law,

Your employment numbers- Trash

Your fed clerkship numbers- Trash

St. Louis- Don't get me wrong, cost of living is cheap. But I'm pretty sure it's cheap because no one wants to fucking live there. Might as well call yourselves Washington University in St. Louis, Neighbors of Ferguson. It's not like you give a shit how long your name is.

But to be real for a second, it was never going to happen. Your waitlist email was pathetic, and we both know it would take a full scholly to even get me to consider you (which is why I even put in an app to your sorry ass).

I wish you the best of luck, though. I really do. Keep churning out those scholarships- God knows it's the only reason people pick you.

Very truly yours,

-bartlet

Draconem

Postby Draconem » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:08 pm

bartletforlsat wrote:Dear WUSTL Law,

St. Louis- Don't get me wrong, cost of living is cheap. But I'm pretty sure it's cheap because no one wants to fucking live there. Might as well call yourselves Washington University in St. Louis, Neighbors of Ferguson. It's not like you give a shit how long your name is.

But to be real for a second, it was never going to happen. Your waitlist email was pathetic, and we both know it would take a full scholly to even get me to consider you (which is why I even put in an app to your sorry ass).

I wish you the best of luck, though. I really do. Keep churning out those scholarships- God knows it's the only reason people pick you.

Very truly yours,

-bartlet

This, seriously.

pterodactyls

Postby pterodactyls » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:13 pm

bartletforlsat wrote:
It's not like you give a shit how long your name is.

This was my favorite line, I lol'd.

nisalurve

Postby nisalurve » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:58 am

Very truly yours,

-bartlet

OMG I'm dying lol. I wanted to make one for WUSTL, glad you best me to it. The waitlist email was pathetic! I actually love St. Louis as a city but I have to admit this is hilarious

CJRpnw

Postby CJRpnw » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:42 pm

nisalurve wrote:

Very truly yours,

-bartlet

OMG I'm dying lol. I wanted to make one for WUSTL, glad you best me to it. The waitlist email was pathetic! I actually love St. Louis as a city but I have to admit this is hilarious

Ooo, what was in the email?

Topszn

Postby Topszn » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:53 pm

Dear Berkeley,

I can't believe i've missed out on the opportunity to be sexually assaulted by a Dean. I will wipe the tears away with my Harvard acceptance letter.

Fuck You,
Me

BirdLawExpert

Postby BirdLawExpert » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:38 pm

USC,
Your vastly superior screenwriting program is the only reason I even applied. Here is a video of me opening my rejection that you so politely mailed to me:

OtterLaw

Postby OtterLaw » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:43 pm

BirdLawExpert wrote:USC,
Your vastly superior screenwriting program is the only reason I even applied. Here is a video of me opening my rejection that you so politely mailed to me:

This made me LOL. You certainly have better options!

thebrownnote

Postby thebrownnote » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:24 pm

Dear Cornell,

I am disappointed I won't be able to test the strength of the nets you have to install to keep students from killing themselves. I'll certainly consider transferring, where else in the country will I be able to indulge my massive heroin habit in peace and quiet? http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/23/nyregion/fighting-heroin-ithaca-looks-to-injection-centers.html?_r=0

Fuck yourself.

thebrownnote

Postby thebrownnote » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:24 pm

Dear Cornell,

I am disappointed I won't be able to test the strength of the nets you have to install to keep students from killing themselves. I'll certainly consider transferring, where else in the country will I be able to indulge my massive heroin habit in peace and quiet? http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/23/nyregion/fighting-heroin-ithaca-looks-to-injection-centers.html?_r=0

Fuck yourself.

bartletforlsat

Postby bartletforlsat » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:38 pm

CJRpnw wrote:
nisalurve wrote:

Very truly yours,

-bartlet

Ooo, what was in the email?

Basically said that they were going to offer me a seat, but they have to waitlist me for the moment. Attached to it were 6 videos about St. Louis.

bill1995

Postby bill1995 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:48 pm

thebrownnote wrote:Dear Cornell,

Fuck yourself.

Oh Cornell,

Don't try to be coy with this "submit a transfer application next year" business, you were already playing hard to get with the $61,000 price tag. Ill be taking my lack of talents elsewhere, where there are no suicide prevention nets, where a law student can hop off a building when they're good and ready.

"warm regards" back to you,

Maybe ill apply to Hawaii...

adj8103

Postby adj8103 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:50 pm

bill1995 wrote:Maybe ill apply to Hawaii...

so painfully accurate right now..

Nachoo2019

Postby Nachoo2019 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:23 pm

Dear Arizona State,

Don't even think about asking me for alumni donations.

Sincerely,

Butthurt undergrad

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”