THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BigZuck

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby BigZuck » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:06 pm

john1990 wrote:Dear Thomas Jefferson,

I don't need to pay sticker to go to law school anyway since your school doesn't offer returning students scholarships im not beat up about not being accepted for my second time since last time was with a full ride anyway. Your career prospects are dim at best anyway

Tell em John

clarf

Postby clarf » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:31 pm

UC Berkeley - A four way intersection in the middle of campus warrants a effin stoplight. Also Berkeley, the town, wasn't nearly as nice as I thought it was going to be.

U Penn - There's not enough room in the bed for me, the girlfriend, and a shotgun.

James.K.Polk

Postby James.K.Polk » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:39 pm

Cornell

mynameismyname

Postby mynameismyname » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:44 pm

Geez I wish I knew about this thread before my tangent on a couple of quasi ivies a few weeks ago... Could have saved me some posts!

BirdLawExpert

Postby BirdLawExpert » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:29 pm

Oh my god I am so excited for this.

Harvard. You made Ted Cruz. Boom roasted.

NYU. I told my parents I applied to NYU and they said that they thought I decided that I wasn't going to graduate school for acting. I had to show them the website to get them to believe that you had a law school.

Chicago. I visited your campus and of the ten students I polled, nine of them avoided eye contact and shuffled nervously until I stopped talking to them.

Columbia. You made Hamilton. We cool.

Penn. "No, not Penn State. Just Penn."

Berkeley. I don't have enough money to pay for law school and ten pairs of Birkenstocks.

Duke. Same as Berkeley, but with Sperry's.

Cornell. You are five hours from literally anywhere worth visiting. It would be a fascinating anomaly in space time if it weren't so awful.

proteinshake

Postby proteinshake » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:34 pm

BirdLawExpert wrote:Oh my god I am so excited for this.

NYU. I told my parents I applied to NYU and they said that they thought I decided that I wasn't going to graduate school for acting. I had to show them the website to get them to believe that you had a law school.

Chicago. I visited your campus and of the ten students I polled, nine of them avoided eye contact and shuffled nervously until I stopped talking to them.

Berkeley. I don't have enough money to pay for law school and ten pairs of Birkenstocks.

Cornell. You are five hours from literally anywhere worth visiting. It would be a fascinating anomaly in space time if it weren't so awful.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

liyorah

Postby liyorah » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:58 am

Berks, it was real and it was good but dear god who wants a four page personal statement? Ya dirty hippies.

mornincounselor

Postby mornincounselor » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:06 am

As a child, Uncle Ezra dreamed of founding an institution in Siberia.

OtterLaw

Postby OtterLaw » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:14 am

OMG, where has this thread been all my life? Day made.

mornincounselor

Postby mornincounselor » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:19 am

mornincounselor wrote:As a child, Uncle Ezra dreamed of founding an institution in Siberia.

But, alas, he was forced to settle too.

Shib26

Postby Shib26 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:39 am

mornincounselor wrote:
mornincounselor wrote:As a child, Uncle Ezra dreamed of founding an institution in Siberia.

This might go over some people's heads, but it's so great.

wellitsover

Postby wellitsover » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:27 pm

Dear GULC,

I retook the February LSAT, of course to increase my prospects in general, but mainly with my heart set on you.

Do you know what that means? That means another month of dreary studying for a test I never wanted to look at ever again. Just so I could have a chance with you. GW gave me the signals, but I hadn't even dared responding with you still on my mind.

So when the score finally came out, I thought that I might at least have a chance with you. You said you'd take a look, and I kept my cool but my hopes arose. There was no way you'd reject me after my carefully crafted application letting you know how perfect we were for each other.

Alas, it's only been two days and you've already put me on the waitlist. Looks like you've got too many suitors to even put me on the preferred list, and you wrote me saying I might as well put my deposit somewhere else. You didn't have to go that far; a gentle rejection would have been enough.

The saddest part is that I don't think I'm going to withdraw. I think I'll just remain in your vast pool of desperate suitors hoping that you'll finally realize that I am more than my modest numbers, and give me a chance to truly impress you.

Disappointed but starting to get over it,

WellItsOver

ETA oops I guess a waitlist isn't a ding. Well it sure felt like it

fliptrip

Postby fliptrip » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:17 pm

Shib26 wrote:
mornincounselor wrote:

This might go over some people's heads, but it's so great.

Lol, understanding this reference should be the one and only admissions requirement.

capricasixx

Postby capricasixx » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:50 pm

Oregon, I'm only angry because you're the boyfriend that broke up with me before I could break up with you, and we weren't even really dating!

nicknar

Postby nicknar » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:02 pm

Duke--

USNWR lists Richard Nixon and Tucker Max as your notable alumni.

CJRpnw

Postby CJRpnw » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:04 pm

capricasixx wrote:Oregon, I'm only angry because you're the boyfriend that broke up with me before I could break up with you, and we weren't even really dating!

That's crazy! I can't believe they'd ding someone with your LSAT. What a bunch of dorks.

Topszn

Postby Topszn » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:19 pm

this is fucking amazing

PrayFor170

Postby PrayFor170 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:30 pm

Columbia

Completed in early-Jan, reserved in mid-Feb. I suppose reserve=ding.

Too f*cking expensive to attend and the building is ugly as f*ck

lemonparty

Postby lemonparty » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:40 pm

You win. Also your 'boom roasted' reminded me of Michael's roast on The Office :lol:

bruceaquizzer1

Postby bruceaquizzer1 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:40 am

UVA. You might have rejected me UVA but Grayson Allen and Duke rejected you first

Purplepen

Postby Purplepen » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:20 pm

After four date changes, Cornell.... The letter suggested applying for transfer next year. I laughed, and then proceeded to not give a single f***

capricasixx

Postby capricasixx » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:08 pm

Rejected by Berkeley for both undergrad and law school.

hammocklv06

Postby hammocklv06 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:53 pm

capricasixx wrote:Rejected by Berkeley for both undergrad and law school.

+1 for law school, after I met with Dean Tom and he told me I had a very good chance! Not even a courtesy WL, just a ding.

fliptrip

Postby fliptrip » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:19 pm

^^more evidence of two truths:

1. Don't trust anyone with two first names.
2. Don't trust anything an adcomm tells you. They literally have no incentive to be realistic with you about your chances. If you really do have a great chance they are good because they got you to apply and can try to get you to enroll. If you don't have a great chance you help them anyway by boosting their selectivity.

Dingaling

Postby Dingaling » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:38 pm

Dearest Berkeley,

I get it.

Cordially,
me

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”