THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
amw5471

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby amw5471 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:18 am

Why do rejections sting so much even after you've gotten into better schools? Why do rejections put me in a bad mood even when it's a school I didn't really want to go to in the first place?

I'm a special snowflake. Everyone should love me. :lol: :evil:

PotenC

Postby PotenC » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:35 pm

Last edited by PotenC on Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spunkyjoe

Postby spunkyjoe » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:23 am

Dear UGA,

I have been a loyal and faithful Bulldog. I went to the games, I bought your expensive UGA apparel, and I donated countless hours to your organizations. I'll remember this next year when you call for donations while I'm at Emory.

Fuck Georgia.

springarden82

Postby springarden82 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:30 pm

Oh Penn,

Where do I begin? That your mission statement is full of Shit? That you are in the most American city in the US and don't like Americans? But I digress.

Honestly, the fact that most of your students pass the New York or DC bar speaks volumes about what going to Penn is really all about:

Getting the fuck out of Philly.

Thanks for saving me many, many headaches. Obviously, you are secretly looking for something that you wouldn't dare put on paper.

XOXO

xoGossipGirl

Postby xoGossipGirl » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:17 pm

Nobody ever comes to this bar anymore...what a shame. I'm just sittin' here drinking alone when I know there are dings to be hashed out :mrgreen:

northwood

Postby northwood » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:51 pm

xoGossipGirl wrote:Nobody ever comes to this bar anymore...what a shame. I'm just sittin' here drinking alone when I know there are dings to be hashed out :mrgreen:

Or they are too busy drowning their sorrows in beers to post....

LawGirl7

Postby LawGirl7 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:11 pm

Dear University of Arizona (40) and Washington and Lee (43 (really, you fell almost 20 placements in one year?!)),

Thanks for the waitlists. I really appreciate it. I may be around your 50% LSAT and your 100% GPA, but that's okay. I don't need you. After four acceptances into top 25 law schools with nearly 50% scholarships, I'm beginning to question why I even applied to you guys. I assure you, I'll be waiting anxiously at my mailbox awaiting your final decision. :roll:

It's not me, it's you.

Love,
LawGirl7

Dipper

Postby Dipper » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:41 pm

Bump for the new cycle.

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:42 pm

good man

ill take 9 shots of whiskey por favor

DiniMae

Postby DiniMae » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:49 pm

OMG this is the most hilarious thread I've read. I love it.

miamiri

Postby miamiri » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:18 pm

fonzerelli wrote:In this thread we retaliate by protesting what made XXX school somewhat suspect to begin with, and we're glad our decision was made that much easier by taking that ridiculous option off the table.

In fact, we didn't really care enough to try that hard. If we had sent version 4B from our personal statement library we definitely would have gotten in but who cares, I don't even care.

I'll start: Berkeley. Ding date: 01/14/10

Umm, I don't want to listen to global warming propaganda for three years anyway. I eat red meat. Back off peta, your toyota prius is burning dead animals too. Earthquakes. Too liberal. Volatile economy. Hippies. Whatever.

THIS. +1. Berkeley. Ding Date 2-9-15. I am very glad I don't have to spend so much time in a city I really don't like. All your reasons. conservative, and I hate the smell of pot.

acceptmeplz

Postby acceptmeplz » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:10 pm

LawGirl7 wrote:Dear University of Arizona (40) and Washington and Lee (43 (really, you fell almost 20 placements in one year?!)),

Thanks for the waitlists. I really appreciate it. I may be around your 50% LSAT and your 100% GPA, but that's okay. I don't need you. After four acceptances into top 25 law schools with nearly 50% scholarships, I'm beginning to question why I even applied to you guys. I assure you, I'll be waiting anxiously at my mailbox awaiting your final decision. :roll:

It's not me, it's you.

Love,
LawGirl7
Last edited by acceptmeplz on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:04 pm

acceptmeplz wrote:
AMEN TO THAT!! Waitlisted at U of A, which was the backup school to my backup school (both of which and more accepted me).

You're doing this wrong.

altf4

Postby altf4 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:58 pm

Berkeley,

You have the same weather all year around, so you wear shorts, a hoodie, and ugg boots in January as well as July. It's bad fashion to begin with so I am glad I won't have to see it 24/7. The LS building is basically RIGHT ON A MAJOR FAULTLINE (along with a large # of frathouses) that is due for a 6.0+ earthquake any time now (27% of a 6.7 magnitude or higher earthquake happening between 2003 and 2032 on the Hayward fault, which jumps to 62% for the whole bay area). Also tuition hikes, statewide droughts, and a massive student protest every semester... I'm not missing out on much...

Edit for earthquakey exactness :)

kanthandleit

Postby kanthandleit » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:31 pm

Last edited by kanthandleit on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

illegally_blonde

Postby illegally_blonde » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:48 pm

Suck my holistic pending license Berkley. Oh, I also have a job offer from big law lined up for my graduation date, let's see how many of your left-wing hatchlings my firm is gonna hire after that.

ballcaps

Postby ballcaps » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:52 pm

this is hilarious and i love it.

miamiri

Postby miamiri » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:45 pm

ballcaps wrote:this is hilarious and i love it.

+1

nosocat

Postby nosocat » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:39 pm

Berkeley, I was not offended for the same reasons as these other scorned applicants. Au contraire, I actually liked some of those things about you. However, I found your "Personal Statement Advice from a Past Faculty Admissions Committee Member" (http://www.law.berkeley.edu/5188.htm) to be overly sassy and rather condescending. Other admissions offices offered tips for writing an effective PS without being patronizing; we're all grown-ups here. And that, Berkeley, is why you got my standard, two-page PS, "dramatic, unexplained" introductory sentence intact. I wasn't coached, and I don't need your sass, now or in the fall.

^ Not a very good one ... Just wanted to revive this thread.

KMart

Postby KMart » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:44 pm

miamiri wrote:

+1

Except our class hasn't contributed much to this; hopefully bumping this golden gem helps motivate some people to pour out their sorrows.

ILoveYou

Postby ILoveYou » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:08 pm

imKMart wrote:
miamiri wrote:

+1

Except our class hasn't contributed much to this; hopefully bumping this golden gem helps motivate some people to pour out their sorrows.

Yes, please. This is one of my favorite threads right now, please share TLSers!

nosocat

Postby nosocat » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:13 pm

From looking at this thread, you would think that Berkeley is literally the only school that has rejected anyone from c/o 2018. I know we can do better. Come on, guys.

KMart

Postby KMart » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:59 pm

nosocat wrote:From looking at this thread, you would think that Berkeley is literally the only school that has rejected anyone from c/o 2018. I know we can do better. Come on, guys.

You know I want the thread to continue to be great, but I'm also happy if no one gets rejected at any school they apply to - an overzealous goal.

Dipper

Postby Dipper » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:43 pm

nosocat wrote:From looking at this thread, you would think that Berkeley is literally the only school that has rejected anyone from c/o 2018. I know we can do better. Come on, guys.

But hating on Berkeley is so fun....

Dear Berkeley,

The first time you waitlisted me (4th quartile, ouch), I thought we just needed more time to get to know each other. Maybe if I flashed a little more public interest work experience, really dove into that "non-dramatized" 4-page personal statement, you would see that I'm so much more than a pretty face and an LSAT above your 75th.

But then you waitlisted me, again. And I realized that it’s not me, Berkeley. It’s you. It’s you, with your drought-scorched wasteland of aging white hippies, your cost of living on par with NYC but absolutely nothing to show for it. Oh, another mediocre bar flooded with ugly tennis shoe and hoodie-wearing undergrads? Thanks, but I'll pass. You’re not as edgy as Oakland, not as cool as SF, and for a $4.50 latte I really expect better coffee art.

Berkeley, I'm sorry to break it to you, but you are the hipster douche of law schools, the white vegan Marxist with dreadlocks whose rapacious and self-righteous quinoa and almond milk consumption is starving Bolivian farmers and destroying California's wild salmon populations. You claim to be chock full of liberal social justice-y treehuggers, but in reality you have one black friend and those hippies you love so much still get their lawns manicured by the same underpaid migrant workers you purport to help in your clinics.

No thanks, Berkeley. I'll be sitting this one out.

xo,
Dipper

LawsRUs

Postby LawsRUs » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:55 pm

I didn't apply to Berkeley, but I thought I would contribute:

Dear Berkeley,

Why didn’t you give me a fee waiver? Do you discriminate again poor people? I was going to apply (I really was), but your four page PS? Why do you torture us? But more importantly, why do you torture yourselves?

Love,
xoxo,
LRU

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”