THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Caesar Salad

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Caesar Salad » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:27 am

njdevils2626 wrote:
SeriousLehigh wrote:Hey GW,

Reject me if it makes you feel better, but after I learned that alcohol is prohibited from student events/organizations I had already written y'all off. Cheers bitches!

Didn't know that. Consider them officially written off

Yeah I may have slightly overstated the case:

http://abovethelaw.com/2014/01/law-scho ... hibitions/

but w/e, fuck them.

lwschool2014

Postby lwschool2014 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:26 pm

Dear Notre Dame,
For the past 22 years, 6 months, 2 weeks, and 3 days I've attended mass at a rate of 1 hr/week. this has amounted to 1,172 life time hours of gloriously praising God. 1,172 hours of undying dedication to the greatest religious following in all of mankind, The Holy Roman Catholic Church.

Forget my 168. I don't even want to hear the twisted logic that led to that being discarded. I'm your mascot applicant, damnit. For 1,172 hours I've been in a community that has humbly served the church and institutions such as yourself.

When I found out you didn't want me I went to church to see what all this was about. I wanted to hear it straight from Mr. G himself. You know what he told me?

"fuck noTTTre Dame. For years they have been playing my shit off as their own and I've had it. Don't worry-I've already started them off on a tumble in the rankings. Soon their employment numbers will dip and you'll be glad you didn't go there. Eventually, I'll rock them with a scandal that will knock the Fighting Irish out for good. I've got your back dude, fuck bitches, get money, and praise me."

My hope is that my experience with God has brough the both of us closer to understanding each other. May you walk with peace, and God bless.

Spiritually,
Your Future Regret

Mitchellcar

Postby Mitchellcar » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:38 pm

lwschool2014 wrote:Dear Notre Dame,
For the past 22 years, 6 months, 2 weeks, and 3 days I've attended mass at a rate of 1 hr/week. this has amounted to 1,172 life time hours of gloriously praising God. 1,172 hours of undying dedication to the greatest religious following in all of mankind, The Holy Roman Catholic Church.

Forget my 168. I don't even want to hear the twisted logic that led to that being discarded. I'm your mascot applicant, damnit. For 1,172 hours I've been in a community that has humbly served the church and institutions such as yourself.

When I found out you didn't want me I went to church to see what all this was about. I wanted to hear it straight from Mr. G himself. You know what he told me?

"fuck noTTTre Dame. For years they have been playing my shit off as their own and I've had it. Don't worry-I've already started them off on a tumble in the rankings. Soon their employment numbers will dip and you'll be glad you didn't go there. Eventually, I'll rock them with a scandal that will knock the Fighting Irish out for good. I've got your back dude, fuck bitches, get money, and praise me."

My hope is that my experience with God has brough the both of us closer to understanding each other. May you walk with peace, and God bless.

Spiritually,
Your Future Regret

+1 couldn't have said it any better.

Mauve.Dino

Postby Mauve.Dino » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:46 pm

lwschool2014 wrote:Dear Notre Dame,

Spiritually,
Your Future Regret

LMFAO!!! If I were on Notre Dame's Admissions Committee, I would rescind that rejection and freaking admit you with a full scholarship. How can you argue with anyone who appeals their case to The Father, The Son, AND the Holy Spirit?

Well done!!

<--lapsed Catho-haulic

mcatt

Postby mcatt » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:52 pm

Michigan State,
I talked to a rep from your school and they told me I should be a no brainer for admission, even with my numbers. So I got excited. Turns out, you've decided to wait list me. THANKS. I guess the fact that both my grandparents are alumni (my parents didn't go to college) and the fact that my grandpa just died from Alzheimer's this January isn't enough for you guys. Also, the constant emails about the wait list are really just a nice touch. Thank you for all the salt in to this open wound. Asscats. So eff you for alerting me of my wait list status on my late grandpas birthday. Really made my day. not.

Iroh

Postby Iroh » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:44 pm

Dear Berkeley,

You just have it out for me, don't you? Rejected in high school (as a California resident, no less), and now rejected as a law school applicant. It stings, man. It really stings.

But after the hand strikes, it gives a flower. You have given me the option to transfer, should I prove myself worthy (third time's a charm!). It gives me hope to know that if I do well enough at Stanford next year, I just might be able to attend Boalt as a 2L.

Thanks Berkeley. You're a prince.

Sincerely,

Iroh

Nonconsecutive

Postby Nonconsecutive » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:47 pm

Iroh wrote:It gives me hope to know that if I do well enough at Stanford next year, I just might be able to attend Boalt as a 2L.

Legit :lol:

bugsy33

Postby bugsy33 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:06 pm

mcatt wrote:Michigan State,
I talked to a rep from your school and they told me I should be a no brainer for admission, even with my numbers. So I got excited. Turns out, you've decided to wait list me. THANKS. I guess the fact that both my grandparents are alumni (my parents didn't go to college) and the fact that my grandpa just died from Alzheimer's this January isn't enough for you guys. Also, the constant emails about the wait list are really just a nice touch. Thank you for all the salt in to this open wound. Asscats. So eff you for alerting me of my wait list status on my late grandpas birthday. Really made my day. not.

I wouldn't get too down about it. MSU is bound to have many many people jump ship after the rankings plunge. If you're waitlisted you have a good shot of admission. Honestly, I'm a die hard Spartan, but I'm not seriously considering it for law school (unless they rework my scholly for a a full ride). Their employment stats are absolutely pitiful. MSU is a great school, but their law school has a long, long way to go.

Cocoblues

Postby Cocoblues » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:14 pm

Iroh wrote:Dear Berkeley,

You just have it out for me, don't you? Rejected in high school (as a California resident, no less), and now rejected as a law school applicant. It stings, man. It really stings.

But after the hand strikes, it gives a flower. You have given me the option to transfer, should I prove myself worthy (third time's a charm!). It gives me hope to know that if I do well enough at Stanford next year, I just might be able to attend Boalt as a 2L.

Sincerely,

Iroh

The shade in this one.... :lol: :lol:

lawschool2014hopeful

Postby lawschool2014hopeful » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:21 pm

Sincerely,

Iroh

Iroh, your post gives me faith.

I, too has joined the Berkeley dinged club.

H, please console with an acceptance, or at least an interview to start.

Iroh

Postby Iroh » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:51 am

I feel you. If I hadn't received my Stanford acceptance before my Berkeley rejection, I would have been utterly devastated. I had already been waitlisted at two other schools and was feeling pretty down. Stanford was such a WTF acceptance for me that I still struggle to believe it. Best of luck to you.

BankruptMe

Postby BankruptMe » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:12 pm

WUSTL & Loyola Chicago,

Thank you for rejecting me. You did me a favor, since NU and UChi own the market anyway.

Oh...and Miami

You can keep your tropical looking office building that you call a law school.

john1990

Postby john1990 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:01 am

166 LSAT 3.3GPA withdrew from 2 schools in good standing, withdrew from Brooklyn Law before grades were issued in good standing for family reasons, withdrew from TJSL in good standing with all W's because I disliked California

Drexel rejected
Albany rejected
St. Johns rejected

Touro full ride
New England full ride

Northeastern still waiting
Boston U still waiting
George Washington still waiting
U Penn still waiting
New York Law still waiting

The general pattern is: In at T4 with full ride, rejected at T3, T2/T1 still waiting. Do you think I have any chance at a T1 or T2? I actually was in the top quartile at TJSL after my midterms, but I did not like the idea of working in SD,

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:20 am

john1990 wrote:166 LSAT 3.3GPA withdrew from 2 schools in good standing, withdrew from Brooklyn Law before grades were issued in good standing for family reasons, withdrew from TJSL in good standing with all W's because I disliked California

Drexel rejected
Albany rejected
St. Johns rejected

Touro full ride
New England full ride

Northeastern still waiting
Boston U still waiting
George Washington still waiting
U Penn still waiting
New York Law still waiting

The general pattern is: In at T4 with full ride, rejected at T3, T2/T1 still waiting. Do you think I have any chance at a T1 or T2? I actually was in the top quartile at TJSL after my midterms, but I did not like the idea of working in SD,

This is the ding bar, not a chances thread.

yossarian

Postby yossarian » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:23 am

This is where we bitch. It's a bar. You just walked into a bar with your padfolio, opened it up and ruined our vent sesh, bro.

In fact, everyone lately, check out some previous posters. Up your game people!

I'll go:

Georgetown, my ass. Try KochBrothersTown, SuperPACtown, etc. You pitch the excitement of our federal system as the draw to your school. And, it seems, you've learned from your governmental neighbor--taking three years and extracting $150k of your constituents in a bureaucratic system diploma mill--self-aware enough to avoid calling itself a school. One would hope the legal epi-center of the country would have a law school worthy of the geography. Alas, no.

But for real, I just watched House of Cards, and so long as I avoid getting too close to the tracks, I would like to live there, and the schools is pretty cool, and Charlie from West Wing went there, so reconsider, thanks, bye.

brotherdarkness

Postby brotherdarkness » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:05 am

Last edited by brotherdarkness on Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

john1990

Postby john1990 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:36 am

I thought john1990 was perma-banned?

No I just stopped checking in for a while, wasn't even banned this time. I never did anything perma worthy really :/ even though its the new "yolo" on the site.

Alright try again:

Albany, look around and tell me how many 160's you have. You're my home town and I'd never withdraw from you, in fact home town bias could have even stopped me from transferring. I hope your students enjoy their rigorous 3 hour study sessions and their eye opening one all nighter experience. Maybe if you weren't so risk adverse you wouldn't lose all your students to NYC.
If columbia really tears pages out of books Albany probably gets paid to put them back in

yeslekkkk

Postby yeslekkkk » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:02 pm

Dear USC,

I walked up to my mailbox knowing my fate. Rejection. There it was. The small envelope. I flipped through the rest of the mail, and then I noticed a giant white packet from the University of Michigan, a school that had PROMPTLY notified me that I had been accepted months prior. Suck on that.

You saved me the hassle, USC, of taking a trip to god awful L.A. Everytime I drive into L.A., my soul becomes depressed. The gray skies. The smell. The traffic. I am always thankful for the barrier of Camp Pendleton that shields me from LA's sprawl.

Mostly, I am confused by you, USC. More selective schools have accepted me. Even Berkeley waitlisted me. I mostly just don't get you. Let me throw away your letter and read some more about Michigan.

XOXO
yeslekkkk

Agentsoapbox

Postby Agentsoapbox » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:58 pm

yeslekkkk wrote:Dear USC,

I walked up to my mailbox knowing my fate. Rejection. There it was. The small envelope. I flipped through the rest of the mail, and then I noticed a giant white packet from the University of Michigan, a school that had PROMPTLY notified me that I had been accepted months prior. Suck on that.

You saved me the hassle, USC, of taking a trip to god awful L.A. Everytime I drive into L.A., my soul becomes depressed. The gray skies. The smell. The traffic. I am always thankful for the barrier of Camp Pendleton that shields me from LA's sprawl.

Mostly, I am confused by you, USC. More selective schools have accepted me. Even Berkeley waitlisted me. I mostly just don't get you. Let me throw away your letter and read some more about Michigan.

XOXO
yeslekkkk

same thing happened with me and American. Accepted to some good Tier 1 schools with money, but American straight up rejected me.

pass!

Icecold62

Postby Icecold62 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:45 pm

USC,

Dearest university of spoiled children. I got my letter today. Lots of applicants this year apparently, no room for me I guess. Well that's fine.
I mean you're tied with George Washington now. They gave me ten thousand a year. But they are climbing and you are falling.

Sorry I didn't actually want to attend law school in the ghetto. Sorry 52k a year is an ubsurdly high price for tuition, especially with cost of living added in. Sorry your football program is limping along. Sorry that the coach Pete's (both of them) have moved on.

In fact your law school and football programs are similar. They are both falling into unimportance while hanging on desperately to the echos of a fading legacy.

Also: traffic and smog.

Signed,
Icecold62

PS: I could have mentioned your mascot. I really could have, but it's too easy. Some low hangin fruit should be left alone, a lot like yours.

njdevils2626

Postby njdevils2626 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:45 pm

Today I learned I am not infallible.

First ding of the cycle. Berkeley, I know you were a pipe dream when I applied, but it still hurts. At least your rejection letter was nice.

JJ123

Postby JJ123 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:47 pm

Virginia. And Georgetown. Fucking dicklickers.

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:35 pm

JJ123 wrote:Virginia. And Georgetown. Fucking dicklickers.

janetdoe

Postby janetdoe » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:31 am

lmfao bahahahahaah. gold

cricketlove00

Postby cricketlove00 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:43 am

Dear W&M,

Your ego is showing.

Fuck William and Fuck Mary.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”