THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
The Dark Kite

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby The Dark Kite » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:28 pm

Hitchensian wrote:
Robbin Blue wrote:I cut down a tree in anger over getting dinged by Berkeley. I encourage you all to do the same.

+1

+2

yomisterd

Postby yomisterd » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:41 pm

Dear Yale,

fuck you guys I was trying to luck humble which is why i didn't post my nobel prize in literature and physics (same year) and the thousands of lives I've saved through the invention of a cheap mosquito killer for malaria ridden parts of the globe.

LOL

Pneumonia

Postby Pneumonia » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:03 am

chrisbru wrote:
LoveforLaw341 wrote:Dear UT,

Or should I say, UTease. Yeah, sure, I thought about attending your law school for a quick minute. But then I remembered that's longer than my Texan ex-boyfriend could last in the sack and figured I didn't want to find out the hard way that not *everything* is bigger in Texas. I really like country music and cowboys and BBQ (thanks for sparing me from another freshman 15 by the way) but it really wouldn't have worked out. I mean, burnt orange long horns?Really? I'll just let some frat guy puke on my own shirt and see him struggle to get his horn long. Same exact results minus the out of state tuition debt and rednecks. I'm terrified of guns. And I don't like dirt and desolated deserts either. I watch a lot of crime dramas...

Well, I'll admit I'm slightly upset I didn't get in, but it's probably for the best. I like Cali way more. So long, UT! I'd rather ride a cowboy than a horse anyway.

Sincerely,
Me

PS. Sorry TLS. I have a weird sense of humor. I feel better though. So thanks

The Dark Kite

Postby The Dark Kite » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:48 am

yomisterd wrote:Dear Yale,

fuck you guys I was trying to luck humble which is why i didn't post my nobel prize in literature and physics (same year) and the thousands of lives I've saved through the invention of a cheap mosquito killer for malaria ridden parts of the globe.

LOL

LMFAOOOOO... 180.

W$RKliveWELL

Postby W$RKliveWELL » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:49 am

The Dark Kite wrote:
yomisterd wrote:Dear Yale,

LOL

LMFAOOOOO... 180.

you have out done yourself with this.

cway

Postby cway » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:23 pm

Optimist Prime wrote:Dear Yale,

Sorry I'm not sorry that I didn't spend my UG years trying to co-author academic papers and instead pursued real world experience in consulting. But let's look on the bright side, at least now I won't have to spend three years in that steaming pile of garbage you call New Haven. See you bitches at The Game.

- Pessimist Prime

SO MUCH THIS. 180.

Oh wait, make that a 190. We know mere 180s don't meet your lofty standards.

LyricsToLitigation

Postby LyricsToLitigation » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:24 pm

cooley law school

how dare you...

lol j/k :-D

Connor Benz

Postby Connor Benz » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:26 pm

The Dark Kite wrote:
Hitchensian wrote:
Robbin Blue wrote:I cut down a tree in anger over getting dinged by Berkeley. I encourage you all to do the same.

+1

+2

As a fellow Cal Alumni, I am offended.

Agentsoapbox

Postby Agentsoapbox » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:17 pm

Rejected by American.

I was thinking of going to another school, but man... being rejected by American is like being rejected feels like asking the ugly girl out on a date and being rejected.

yomisterd

Postby yomisterd » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:29 pm

Georgetown. Listen.

You invited me to interview. I wanted to accept. I really did. But see, it conflicted with a trip to see my wife for the first time in a month. I thought we understood each other. Oh what's that? Waitlist? Because I ditched your group interview?

Fuck you Georgetown and your interview. I didn't want to go to your school and wind up some congressperson's bitch anyways. Because the only job you guys would've gotten me is an unpaid internship for teabagger McDouche.

Fuck interviews, get wifey.

any of you who got into Georgetown, major congrats. I'm just bitter about the interview thing.

NYC-WVU

Postby NYC-WVU » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:30 pm

Agentsoapbox wrote:Rejected by American.

I was thinking of going to another school, but man... being rejected by American is like being rejected feels like asking the ugly girl out on a date and being rejected.

Damn, Soap Box . . .
That Ugly Girl gotcha good, huh? Ya can't even talk right.

Agentsoapbox

Postby Agentsoapbox » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:08 pm

Oh man. I'm a journalism major and can sometimes come off as a grammar snob. Yes, that rejection hit hard. I expected to be accepted, and get only 10-15K scholarships and have to decline due to their low employment numbers and high cost of attendance.

I dare not even chalk it up to yield protection, which American is infamous for. I was well within their means. My GPA was on the low side of their means and my LSAT was on the high side, but still within their means. Temple, which has about the same means and is ranked exactly the same this year accepted me and gave me their most prestigious scholarship of 30k a year. How can I have such extreme outcomes from two schools that statistically are the same.

And then FIU, which is T3 and the lowest of all the schools I applied to only gave me 5k?

I don't understand adcoms.

Hitchensian

Postby Hitchensian » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:49 pm

Any rejection from American is a favor to the applicant.

NoDayButToday

Postby NoDayButToday » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:58 pm

Last edited by NoDayButToday on Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

metalgeek

Postby metalgeek » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:03 pm

Chicago,

You just hate me cuz I'm white.

-Dinged

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:35 am

I hate to do this buuuuut... bump. (This thread is too good to be sitting on page 2!)

mirroroferised7

Postby mirroroferised7 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:48 pm

Dear Berk,

We all know you really couldn't afford my LSAT score. Before, I was someone you could control, you didn't really have to put any money effort into attracting my interest. You could keep me locked in an abusive, debt ridden, definition-less relationship for MONTHS. If things had even "worked out" between us, I would honestly be worse off. I'm glad you broke things off before we got there. I'm glad you gave me that extra shove, because, let me tell you...

I. WILL. SURVIVE.

Sincerely,
High-end Ho

john1990

Postby john1990 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:00 am

I am not going to specify rejections because they are frustrating but say that if you withdraw from law school twice like me (both in good standing) you will not be welcomed with open arms. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on you fool me three times and hopefully not withdraw again

SFrost

Postby SFrost » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:18 am

Withdrew from ls twice !?

midwest17

Postby midwest17 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:23 am

SFrost wrote:Withdrew from ls twice !?

You must be new here.

mac35352

Postby mac35352 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:16 pm

Dear Northwestern,
I tried to impress you: visited you, flew in for an on campus interview with a horrible cold the day after Christmas, read every stupid J-tweet, wrote you LOIC while you dragged me along last cycle with your Waitlist games....all the way up until September, when you finally said NO. No sh*t, It was September and I had already moved on with my life by then.
But a new cycle presented a new opportunity to dream of Streeterville and your beautiful view of Lake Michigan. I was a fool and applied again. Thank you baby Jesus I didn't even interview. Thank you Merciful Lord for bringing me a relative quick DING!!!
After almost 48 hours of feeling like my future was doomed, feeling sorry for myself because I didn't get into my top choice, eating Chinese food and drinking Two Buck Chuck on the couch, trying to find reasons to hate you but not being able to do so, and all sorts of other demoralizing behavior; I'm over you!!!! I'm done.
One thing I know for sure, Mr. J tweeting: "give the people what they want." Right before sending me a rejection will forever hold true. That's exactly what I wanted, Mr. J! I might not understand it today, but eventually I'll look back and say: "A wise man, who looked a lot like a hip Mr. Miyagi, knew what I wanted before me. That man must be a f*ing clairvoyant."
Have a great life,
Mac
PS: I didn't even see that tweet, but is probably the only thing I'll ever remember!

doubledawg3378

Postby doubledawg3378 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:04 am

Emory,
You suck, your ranking has been stagnant, your students tear pages out of books, you are the scum between my toes.

BYE FELICIA!

Caesar Salad

Postby Caesar Salad » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:22 am

Hey GW,

Reject me if it makes you feel better, but after I learned that alcohol is prohibited from student events/organizations I had already written y'all off. Cheers bitches!

Kanye West

Postby Kanye West » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:03 pm

Gtown,

Real talk, I didn't want to go DC anyway.

njdevils2626

Postby njdevils2626 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:45 pm

SeriousLehigh wrote:Hey GW,

Reject me if it makes you feel better, but after I learned that alcohol is prohibited from student events/organizations I had already written y'all off. Cheers bitches!

Didn't know that. Consider them officially written off

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”