THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Optimist Prime

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Optimist Prime » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:11 pm

kellohitty wrote:Oh Wake Forest. How you ripped my heart out once again with another waitlist. Then again, I don't feel too awful. The only Wake Forest Law grad I know works at his parents' Subway as the sandwich maker. Couldn't even get a job on his own at a regular Subway...

DAMMMNNN that's cold

chneyo

Postby chneyo » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:26 pm

Last edited by chneyo on Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

teenybean

Postby teenybean » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:42 pm

^^^BAHAHAHHAHA you are amazing

xoGossipGirl

Postby xoGossipGirl » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:35 pm

chneyo wrote:T-14 dings got you down? Worried about spending months on a wait-list only to end up at some TTT come September? Have I got the solution for you! Announcing the grand opening of the College of Law at the South Harmon Institute of Technology. Why wait for a ding from HYS when you can be on your way to legal-ease in just a single click at http://www.southharmoninstituteoftechnology.org !? With guaranteed admission and the low, low price of just $58,000 per year, recent graduates have found rewarding employment in such diverse fields as Automotive Repair Technician, HVAC Installation, and Paralegal. So don't wait. Wow your parents and your friends with a degree from SHIT Law today!

What a beautiful piece of literature right here. Phenomenal.

bostonbrewer

Postby bostonbrewer » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:36 pm

chneyo wrote:T-14 dings got you down? Worried about spending months on a wait-list only to end up at some TTT come September? Have I got the solution for you! Announcing the grand opening of the College of Law at the South Harmon Institute of Technology. Why wait for a ding from HYS when you can be on your way to legal-ease in just a single click at http://www.southharmoninstituteoftechnology.org !? With guaranteed admission and the low, low price of just $58,000 per year, recent graduates have found rewarding employment in such diverse fields as Automotive Repair Technician, HVAC Installation, and Paralegal. So don't wait. Wow your parents and your friends with a degree from SHIT Law today!

Lost it at "Paralegal"

180, my friend.

Pneumonia

Postby Pneumonia » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:03 pm

Stanford, I know my GPA sucks but the least you could've done is give me a properly functioning status checker so that I would be expecting your tiny envelope. I mean, isn't it kind of embarrassing, being right there in Silicon Valley, and also incapable of providing me with a functioning password?

Would that I could have but once beheld the glorious intermediary that once stood naively between us but is now forever gone- lost in transit between inadequacies.

mac35352

Postby mac35352 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:10 pm

Dear Berkeley,
Ding me once, shame on you. Ding me twice, shame on me. Cheers to wasting $25 and hours of my life tailoring my app to you.
All the best,
Mac
PS. I ain't even mad!

crisgcia

Postby crisgcia » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:03 am

Dear Columbia,

As I sit here in the only winter free state in the country, I find myself wondering why I was ever attracted to you. Sure, the blistering freeze is enough to entice any potential applicant as well as the attractive campus at the heart of the city. Wait, no? That's Fordham and NYU? Oh, well, never mind. I guess you can say I've become a different person since I first applied to you. I learned that I can actually go to a genuinely good law school with less debt and a decent climate. I've also learned that I don't need to emphasize the torture of 1L by going to a frustrating school like yours.

So while you sent me a lovely rejection letter, I'd also like to send you something back: a straw. That way, you can suck it. Suck it real hard, Columbia.

mewalke1

Postby mewalke1 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:45 am

Nice

LyricsToLitigation

Postby LyricsToLitigation » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:52 am

Bartlbey Gaines is a genius !
Lol I love accepted such a good movie :)

Robbin Blue

Postby Robbin Blue » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:57 am

crisgcia wrote:So while you sent me a lovely rejection letter, I'd also like to send you something back: a straw. That way, you can suck it. Suck it real hard, Columbia.

:lol: I'm stealing that.

ASUPHI2LAW

Postby ASUPHI2LAW » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:42 pm

Dinged at WUSTL, UW, Loyola (Chi)
Waitlisted at Pepperdine

Did pretty well for myself... WUSTL/UW/Loyola/Pepperdine= fee waiver
Plus, it's hard not to smile when you get accepted to your #1 when Loyola/Pepperdine= back-ups

Yea All Right

Postby Yea All Right » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:21 pm

Georgetown-

I get waitlisted when each of your classes has around 500 people?! Damn! Haters gon hate.

Yea All Right out.

PhenomenalWoman

Postby PhenomenalWoman » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:34 am

Dear BU,

Oh. So THAT'S why you have no black ppl.

mirroroferised7

Postby mirroroferised7 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:32 pm

Dear Stanford:

I know, you're pretty much top of the pack. But I don't want to spend three years shivering in San Fran. Yeah, you had the first lady SCOTUS justice. That's all cool. Sounds like you really have your shit together.

I got our letter, and I know this was never really meant to be... it may have been you, it might have been me, but it just wasn't the right time for it. Whatever the reason, I'm keeping your letter as a reminder that I can be better than your elitist ass. You could have had the first openly-gay-lady SCOTUS justice. But I guess that's just too passe for you.

I guess I hope we can stay... nope, I don't really want to have such "selective" friends.

Peace Out
Mirror

goldenflash19

Postby goldenflash19 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:59 pm

Michigan,

I give you credit. You are a little smarter than all of us give you credit. You knew that any respectable Ohioan would never degrade himself by going to "That School Up North." Honestly, the only reason that I, like Woody Hayes, would have had to travel to cross the border was to spit on the wasteland you call home. Because, quite frankly, whether on the gridiron or at OCI, we all know that the only thing your "M" stands for is Mediocrity. Beneath your facade of a different law school experience and atmosphere, you're essentially a T14 in name only when it comes to job prospects. You know it's sad the biggest selling point of a law school is its architecture. Besides, what fun would it be going to a state whose prime city is Detroit. As we say in Cleveland, "At least we're not Detroit!"

To close, in the eternal words of the Dead Schembechlers, "We don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan. We don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan cuz we're from O-HIO.

Enjoy another decade of irrelevance on the gridiron. Go Buckeyes!

LoveforLaw341

Postby LoveforLaw341 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:36 am

Dear UT,

Or should I say, UTease. Yeah, sure, I thought about attending your law school for a quick minute. But then I remembered that's longer than my Texan ex-boyfriend could last in the sack and figured I didn't want to find out the hard way that not *everything* is bigger in Texas. I really like country music and cowboys and BBQ (thanks for sparing me from another freshman 15 by the way) but it really wouldn't have worked out. I mean, burnt orange long horns?Really? I'll just let some frat guy puke on my own shirt and see him struggle to get his horn long. Same exact results minus the out of state tuition debt and rednecks. I'm terrified of guns. And I don't like dirt and desolated deserts either. I watch a lot of crime dramas...

Well, I'll admit I'm slightly upset I didn't get in, but it's probably for the best. I like Cali way more. So long, UT! I'd rather ride a cowboy than a horse anyway.

Sincerely,
Me

PS. Sorry TLS. I have a weird sense of humor. I feel better though. So thanks

Attax

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:14 pm

LoveforLaw341 wrote:Dear UT,

Or should I say, UTease. Yeah, sure, I thought about attending your law school for a quick minute. But then I remembered that's longer than my Texan ex-boyfriend could last in the sack and figured I didn't want to find out the hard way that not *everything* is bigger in Texas. I really like country music and cowboys and BBQ (thanks for sparing me from another freshman 15 by the way) but it really wouldn't have worked out. I mean, burnt orange long horns?Really? I'll just let some frat guy puke on my own shirt and see him struggle to get his horn long. Same exact results minus the out of state tuition debt and rednecks. I'm terrified of guns. And I don't like dirt and desolated deserts either. I watch a lot of crime dramas...

Well, I'll admit I'm slightly upset I didn't get in, but it's probably for the best. I like Cali way more. So long, UT! I'd rather ride a cowboy than a horse anyway.

Sincerely,
Me

As a Longhorn, even I found this funny (and enjoyed the tease on the frat boy mindset around UT, at least in undergrads).

But burnt orange is gorgeous!

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:08 pm

LoveforLaw341 wrote:Dear UT,

Sincerely,
Me

Optimist Prime

Postby Optimist Prime » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:24 pm

Dear Yale,

Sorry I'm not sorry that I didn't spend my UG years trying to co-author academic papers and instead pursued real world experience in consulting. But let's look on the bright side, at least now I won't have to spend three years in that steaming pile of garbage you call New Haven. See you bitches at The Game.

- Pessimist Prime

mirroroferised7

Postby mirroroferised7 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:29 pm

Optimist Prime wrote:Dear Yale,

Sorry I'm not sorry that I didn't spend my UG years trying to co-author academic papers and instead pursued real world experience in consulting. But let's look on the bright side, at least now I won't have to spend three years in that steaming pile of garbage you call New Haven. See you bitches at The Game.

- Pessimist Prime

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Robbin Blue

Postby Robbin Blue » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:49 pm

I cut down a tree in anger over getting dinged by Berkeley. I encourage you all to do the same.

JustHawkin

Postby JustHawkin » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:49 pm

Robbin Blue wrote:I cut down a tree in anger over getting dinged by Berkeley. I encourage you all to do the same.

Ha!

chneyo

Postby chneyo » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:58 pm

Last edited by chneyo on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hitchensian

Postby Hitchensian » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:29 pm

Robbin Blue wrote:I cut down a tree in anger over getting dinged by Berkeley. I encourage you all to do the same.

+1

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”