THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Robbin Blue

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Robbin Blue » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:36 pm

Dear Emory University School of Law:

Oh, I'm not good enough to be seriously considered for your preftigious Woodruff? That's cool. I was really enjoying your months of silence and two-word e-mails, followed by glowing mass-messages explaining... What, exactly, were they explaining again? Something about your sports teams, I think? Because that's what people make their decisions based on. God forbid you have an admissions staff that knows how to address an e-mail or make an applicant feel welcome.

Something something something, if your dean spent as much time training his staff to be courteous as he does on TLS...

Love,
Robbin

P.S.: Your building is tacky and I hate you.

P.S.S.: Also, I know what this is really about. I'm sorry I asked about that 15% of your graduating class that you're counting as being fully employed, when you're literally paying them to volunteer at law firms. My bad. I should've known you were sensitive about that.
Last edited by Robbin Blue on Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KatyMarie

Postby KatyMarie » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:44 pm

Robbin Blue wrote:Dear Emory University School of Law:

Oh, I'm not good enough to be seriously considered for your preftigious Woodruff? That's cool. I was really enjoying your months of silence and two-word e-mails, followed by glowing mass-messages explaining... What, exactly, were they explaining again? Something about your sports teams, I think? Because that's what people make their decisions based on. God forbid you have an admissions staff that knows how to address an e-mail or make an applicant feel welcome.

Something something something, if your dean spent as much time training his staff to be courteous as he does on TLS...

Love,
Robbin

Laughed out loud at work at this. Dealt with this stupid rejection email today too.... Oh really Emory? You really "hate to send these notes"? No you don't. You looooove the power trip of not offering anyone acceptance in a reasonable amount of time and rejecting them for stuff before even offering admission.

I hate them too. I want to start an Emory hate thread but maybe I should sleep on that decision.

yossarian

Postby yossarian » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:54 pm

KatyMarie wrote:

Love,
Robbin

Laughed out loud at work at this. Dealt with this stupid rejection email today too.... Oh really Emory? You really "hate to send these notes"? No you don't. You looooove the power trip of not offering anyone acceptance in a reasonable amount of time and rejecting them for stuff before even offering admission.

I hate them too. I want to start an Emory hate thread but maybe I should sleep on that decision.

Nice 100th post.

KatyMarie

Postby KatyMarie » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:05 pm

yossarian71 wrote:
KatyMarie wrote:

Love,
Robbin

Nice 100th post.

mrs.miawallace

Postby mrs.miawallace » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:26 am

JustHawkin wrote:
mrs.miawallace wrote:boston university thank you so much for dinging me because in the mean time im going to a better school boston college. its really comforting cuz you save me the strength to figure out which school to attend which at last i would def go for BC so no embarrassment for each party~

How did you get dinged at BU with those numbers?!

tell me about it. some t14 wants me and apparently either i really screwed up my sloppy application or BU is really playing hard to get.

JustHawkin

Postby JustHawkin » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:41 pm

Love,
Robbin

P.S.S.: Also, I know what this is really about. I'm sorry I asked about that 15% of your graduating class that you're counting as being fully employed, when you're literally paying them to volunteer at law firms. My bad. I should've known you were sensitive about that.

Damn. Cold as ICE.

P.S. Nice School of Rock reference.

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:05 am

JustHawkin wrote:
Robbin Blue wrote:

Damn. Cold as ICE.

P.S. Nice School of Rock reference.

Thiggs

Postby Thiggs » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:16 pm

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I loved you, Virginia
Ding me? No, ding you!

Attax

Postby Attax » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:20 pm

Boston College...

You knew I wasn't coming anyway!

KatyMarie

Postby KatyMarie » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:30 pm

Thiggs wrote:Roses are red
Violets are blue
I loved you, Virginia
Ding me? No, ding you!

On Valentine's day too huh? :/

JustHawkin

Postby JustHawkin » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:31 pm

Thiggs wrote:Roses are red
Violets are blue
I loved you, Virginia
Ding me? No, ding you!

Insta-Classic.

LyricsToLitigation

Postby LyricsToLitigation » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:17 pm

Attax wrote:Boston College...

You knew I wasn't coming anyway!

180 lol.

kellohitty

Postby kellohitty » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:05 pm

Oh Wake Forest. How you ripped my heart out once again with another waitlist. Then again, I don't feel too awful. The only Wake Forest Law grad I know works at his parents' Subway as the sandwich maker. Couldn't even get a job on his own at a regular Subway...

JustHawkin

Postby JustHawkin » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:58 pm

kellohitty wrote:Oh Wake Forest. How you ripped my heart out once again with another waitlist. Then again, I don't feel too awful. The only Wake Forest Law grad I know works at his parents' Subway as the sandwich maker. Couldn't even get a job on his own at a regular Subway...

The Dark Kite wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:These waitlist posts are cool and all, but this is the ding bar. Just sayin'.

+1

kellohitty

Postby kellohitty » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:12 pm

Waitlisters gotta vent too. 8)

W$RKliveWELL

Postby W$RKliveWELL » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:40 pm

Lets keep it real a wait list is like being buried alive and hoping someone walks by hears you screaming and makes the effort to dig you out. Its a slow way out worst then a upfront ding.

kellohitty

Postby kellohitty » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:10 pm

W$RKliveWELL wrote:Lets keep it real a wait list is like being buried alive and hoping someone walks by hears you screaming and makes the effort to dig you out. Its a slow way out worst then a upfront ding.

Really though! +1

LyricsToLitigation

Postby LyricsToLitigation » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:16 pm

W$RKliveWELL wrote:Lets keep it real a wait list is like being buried alive and hoping someone walks by hears you screaming and makes the effort to dig you out. Its a slow way out worst then a upfront ding.

Yes ... And all to basically pay sticker lol.

Icecold62

Postby Icecold62 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:22 pm

Not saying I want a rejection, but I do want a good excuse to write on this page. Five schools left, surely one will say no?

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:29 pm

Icecold62 wrote:Not saying I want a rejection, but I do want a good excuse to write on this page. Five schools left, surely one will say no?

One of the sicker humblebrags I have read today.

You still have the Furd and the two LA schools to look forward to.

Icecold62

Postby Icecold62 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:20 am

BigZuck wrote:
Icecold62 wrote:Not saying I want a rejection, but I do want a good excuse to write on this page. Five schools left, surely one will say no?

One of the sicker humblebrags I have read today.

You still have the Furd and the two LA schools to look forward to.

And ASU. I could get all five in one day! It wasn't meant as bragging, I applied poorly.

Cal Trask

Postby Cal Trask » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:43 am

Even for TLS this is pretty terrible.

Icecold62

Postby Icecold62 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:42 am

Honestly I just love this topic and want to contribute. It's beautiful.

LyricsToLitigation

Postby LyricsToLitigation » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:48 am

Icecold62 wrote:Honestly I just love this topic and want to contribute. It's beautiful.

Don't worry - atleast Stanford and UCLA will make that happen for u ;)

Postby 06102016 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:02 am

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”