THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Cal Trask

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Cal Trask » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:47 pm

john1990 wrote:Yea and your being a prick every time i post. If this wasn't a forum id probably have it out with you for this

Aside from your flagrant disregard of proper grammar (it's "you're", for the record), I'm confused by this. Are you saying you want to fight him? You two should meet up in-person and sort out your problems. Diplomatically of course. And don't stop posting your dispute in here for the sake of the rest of us. By all means, go ahead.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:10 pm

Cal Trask wrote:
john1990 wrote:Yea and your being a prick every time i post. If this wasn't a forum id probably have it out with you for this

Aside from your flagrant disregard of proper grammar (it's "you're", for the record), I'm confused by this. Are you saying you want to fight him? You two should meet up in-person and sort out your problems. Diplomatically of course. And don't stop posting your dispute in here for the sake of the rest of us. By all means, go ahead.

Don't feed trolls.

Cal Trask

Postby Cal Trask » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:11 pm

chrisbru wrote:
Cal Trask wrote:

Don't feed trolls.

But he's very clearly stated that he's not a troll. Nobody lies on the internet.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:22 pm

i don't think he's a troll, TBF.

Decimus

Postby Decimus » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:53 pm

xoGossipGirl wrote:
yeslekkkk wrote:
xoGossipGirl wrote:
yeslekkkk wrote:I got some wine next to me. YEAHHHHHHH

Tonight's a whiskey kind of night. But I feel like I'm the only one who confessed to being dinged this whole admissions season and frankly I'm really disappointed in all of you. Because I know you are lying. Lol I can't be the only one who got waitlisted somewhere and is bitter about it. Let's see some ACTION in this forum! GET ANGRY GUYS.

I must give you credit for the letter to Pepperdine. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm sure some dings are coming my way soon. I will craft some beautiful letters then.

I do enjoy a nice whiskey mixed drink.

No, no, no, you're doing it wrong. You should always take your whiskey neat. Don't mask the burn or the sting. No sugarcoating. Just like with those rejection letters. Ebmrace the pain. Here. In this forum. So I can watch :mrgreen:

Dirty.

Babum

Postby Babum » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:42 pm

The Dark Kite wrote:Dear Georgetown,

You're irrelevant. And hardly a T14. I really couldn't be one of the lucky 6,000 kids in your entering class? Well that's fine. I'm a person... NO, better: I'm a peacock. And I need to spread my wings... my unique, colorful, individual wings and fly among birds of a smaller, more focused flock... OH, WHAT'S THAT, PEACOCKS CAN'T FLY, YOU SAY?

Well watch and see, Georgetown.

You can keep shutting down my dreams but I'll triumph. I WILL TRIUMPH.

-M

PS... Maybe it was a mistake? Can you check my app again? No? Okay. I'M A PEACOCK.

This reminds so much of this movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKRbh_CZFCQ

Cal Trask

Postby Cal Trask » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:12 pm

Babum wrote:

You're irrelevant. And hardly a T14. I really couldn't be one of the lucky 6,000 kids in your entering class? Well that's fine. I'm a person... NO, better: I'm a peacock. And I need to spread my wings... my unique, colorful, individual wings and fly among birds of a smaller, more focused flock... OH, WHAT'S THAT, PEACOCKS CAN'T FLY, YOU SAY?

-M

PS... Maybe it was a mistake? Can you check my app again? No? Okay. I'M A PEACOCK.

This reminds so much of this movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKRbh_CZFCQ

kcdc1

Postby kcdc1 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:20 pm

-M

Nicely done. Need more of these.

Serett

Postby Serett » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:23 pm

kcdc1 wrote:

-M

Nicely done. Need more of these.

Yeah, not only was this perfect, it was literally 180.

xoGossipGirl

Postby xoGossipGirl » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:25 pm

The Dark Kite wrote:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

abolin

Postby abolin » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:22 pm

Dear University of Texas,

State the obvious, I didn't get my perfect fantasy
I realize you love yourself more than you could ever love me
So go and tell your friends that I'm obsessive and crazy, that's fine,
I'll tell mine that you're gay!

Sincerely,
As far as I'm concerned you're just another picture to burn.

And no, I do not want to be added to your waitlist.

eliztudorr

Postby eliztudorr » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:32 pm

-M

wait...peacocks can fly. i live in a city where we have a peacock park and they are allowed to roam FREELY in the ENTIRE city. and if we run over one, we will get fined. you HAVE to stop in the middle of the street to let them pass. no joke. have to do that several times before getting on the freeway because a mama bird is leading her babies across the street. and ive seen them appearing at a friend's house that's 3 cities away. im pretty sure they can fly (not like migrating but short distance flapping their wings)

eliztudorr

Postby eliztudorr » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:01 pm

abolin wrote:Dear University of Texas,

State the obvious, I didn't get my perfect fantasy
I realize you love yourself more than you could ever love me
So go and tell your friends that I'm obsessive and crazy, that's fine,
I'll tell mine that you're gay!

Sincerely,
As far as I'm concerned you're just another picture to burn.

And no, I do not want to be added to your waitlist.

TSwift LOL

eliztudorr

Postby eliztudorr » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:05 pm

:D

Iroh

Postby Iroh » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:47 am

Dear Penn,

How disheartened I was to end up on your waitlist. Out of all the schools I applied to, you were my special favorite: not as selective as Harvard or Yale but still carrying that Ivy League prestige, located in an historic city with a better cost of living than your rival NYU. Now I fear it will never be.

On the upside, I will no longer have to worry about having the same conversation over and over again.

"I go to school at Penn. No, not the one with the child rapist football coach. The other one."

retaking23

Postby retaking23 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:07 am

Iroh wrote:Dear Penn,

How disheartened I was to end up on your waitlist. Out of all the schools I applied to, you were my special favorite: not as selective as Harvard or Yale but still carrying that Ivy League prestige, located in an historic city with a better cost of living than your rival NYU. Now I fear it will never be.

On the upside, I will no longer have to worry about having the same conversation over and over again.

"I go to school at Penn. No, not the one with the child rapist football coach. The other one."

Lol. 180. Jasmine tea on me for this.

JustHawkin

Postby JustHawkin » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:05 am

These waitlist posts are cool and all, but this is the ding bar. Just sayin'.

The Dark Kite

Postby The Dark Kite » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:56 am

JustHawkin wrote:These waitlist posts are cool and all, but this is the ding bar. Just sayin'.

+1

eliztudorr wrote:wait...peacocks can fly. i live in a city where we have a peacock park and they are allowed to roam FREELY in the ENTIRE city. and if we run over one, we will get fined. you HAVE to stop in the middle of the street to let them pass. no joke. have to do that several times before getting on the freeway because a mama bird is leading her babies across the street. and ive seen them appearing at a friend's house that's 3 cities away. im pretty sure they can fly (not like migrating but short distance flapping their wings)

They glide for extended periods, but I wouldn't call that "flying" and apparently neither would Georgetown :cry:

yossarian

Postby yossarian » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:29 pm

Harvard, you pretentious, good-for-nothing...

Yeah. Never mind. You know where to find me.

Serett

Postby Serett » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:32 pm

Dear Harvard,

Grass is green, the sky is blue, I know.

~Serett

SonlenNightfall

Postby SonlenNightfall » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:30 pm

The Hail Mary pass that was my law school app to Harvard has been intercepted by star cornerback/admissions dean Jessica Soban and spiked violently into the ground. The rejection email makes me feel as if she is running next to me holding out her hand and yelling "HELL OF A GAME, HELL OF A GAME". I just want to punch her in her stupid face-mask.

-SonlenNightfall

The Michael Crabtree of Harvard Law Applications.

AndiDail

Postby AndiDail » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:39 pm

SonlenNightfall wrote:The Hail Mary pass that was my law school app to Harvard has been intercepted by star cornerback/admissions dean Jessica Soban and spiked violently into the ground. The rejection email makes me feel as if she is running next to me holding out her hand and yelling "HELL OF A GAME, HELL OF A GAME". I just want to punch her in her stupid face-mask.

-SonlenNightfall

Beautiful. (And I've definitely felt that way about a couple rejections... XD)

NoDayButToday

Postby NoDayButToday » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:40 pm

Last edited by NoDayButToday on Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Serett

Postby Serett » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:47 pm

NoDayButToday wrote:
AndiDail wrote:
SonlenNightfall wrote:The Hail Mary pass that was my law school app to Harvard has been intercepted by star cornerback/admissions dean Jessica Soban and spiked violently into the ground. The rejection email makes me feel as if she is running next to me holding out her hand and yelling "HELL OF A GAME, HELL OF A GAME". I just want to punch her in her stupid face-mask.

-SonlenNightfall

Beautiful. (And I've definitely felt that way about a couple rejections... XD)

Hmm. I feel like I'm missing a cultural reference here. Does this have to do with Richard Sherman?

(sorry, I'm the type that watches the Super Bowl for the commercials and the halftime show)

Yeah, following the NFC Championship game.

NoDayButToday

Postby NoDayButToday » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:49 pm

Last edited by NoDayButToday on Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”