THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
eliminatorjr

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby eliminatorjr » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:00 pm

xoGossipGirl wrote:WL'd at Pepperdine? Maybe? Perhaps? Ouch. Owwwwww. I feel like I got dared to ask out the fattest, filthiest guy in school as a joke, and he rejected me. Feeling the sting of the ding.

My dearest Peppy,

I loved you since we first met and dreamt of your breathtaking ocean views since our first intimate night in Malibu together. However, I knew our love never could have lasted since I am far too slutty and substance-abusive for your Christian-regulated campus. No sleepovers with the opposite sex? No wine at dinner? Ooooops. Maybe if I had met you when I was thirteen there would still be hope for us. Had you continued our relationship, I most certainly would have deflowered all 20 Bible-camp runaways that compose your 1L class. I could only hope that your indirect and sugar-coated break-up with me has at least given you the confidence-boost that you need to remain emotionally strong as the FOURTH-in-ranking law school in your market. You passed up a really great girl, Peppy. I hope the girl you dumped me for is at least good in bed. Oh. Wait.

Xoxo,
Gossip Girl

PS: I wore your purity ring while I was screwing Loyola

Wanna hang out sometime?

xoGossipGirl

Postby xoGossipGirl » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:52 pm

eliminatorjr wrote:
xoGossipGirl wrote:WL'd at Pepperdine? Maybe? Perhaps? Ouch. Owwwwww. I feel like I got dared to ask out the fattest, filthiest guy in school as a joke, and he rejected me. Feeling the sting of the ding.

My dearest Peppy,

I loved you since we first met and dreamt of your breathtaking ocean views since our first intimate night in Malibu together. However, I knew our love never could have lasted since I am far too slutty and substance-abusive for your Christian-regulated campus. No sleepovers with the opposite sex? No wine at dinner? Ooooops. Maybe if I had met you when I was thirteen there would still be hope for us. Had you continued our relationship, I most certainly would have deflowered all 20 Bible-camp runaways that compose your 1L class. I could only hope that your indirect and sugar-coated break-up with me has at least given you the confidence-boost that you need to remain emotionally strong as the FOURTH-in-ranking law school in your market. You passed up a really great girl, Peppy. I hope the girl you dumped me for is at least good in bed. Oh. Wait.

Xoxo,
Gossip Girl

Wanna hang out sometime?

Hahaha, you can find me in Southern California, crying, wandering the streets aimlessly, rejection letters in hand.

Thiggs

Postby Thiggs » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:45 pm

I hope someone gets this going again soon...it's getting to be that time of year

mrs.miawallace

Postby mrs.miawallace » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:34 am

boston university thank you so much for dinging me because in the mean time im going to a better school boston college. its really comforting cuz you save me the strength to figure out which school to attend which at last i would def go for BC so no embarrassment for each party~

JustHawkin

Postby JustHawkin » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:46 am

mrs.miawallace wrote:boston university thank you so much for dinging me because in the mean time im going to a better school boston college. its really comforting cuz you save me the strength to figure out which school to attend which at last i would def go for BC so no embarrassment for each party~

How did you get dinged at BU with those numbers?!

The Dark Kite

Postby The Dark Kite » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:01 pm

mrs.miawallace wrote:boston university thank you so much for dinging me because in the mean time im going to a better school boston college. its really comforting cuz you save me the strength to figure out which school to attend which at last i would def go for BC so no embarrassment for each party~

Ha, nice. See ya at BC next year in a few months!!

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:02 pm

JustHawkin wrote:

How did you get dinged at BU with those numbers?!

Decimus

Postby Decimus » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:07 pm

xoGossipGirl wrote:
eliminatorjr wrote:

My dearest Peppy,

Xoxo,
Gossip Girl

Wanna hang out sometime?

Hahaha, you can find me in Southern California, crying, wandering the streets aimlessly, rejection letters in hand.

I didn't happen to just pass you sitting in the fountain at Balboa Park, did I?

john1990

Postby john1990 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:55 pm

Rejected from Drexel with a 166/3.3 was hoping for a full ride

C+F issues I guess. I have some 10 petty offenses, 4 of which are misdemeanors. Very disappointing since one 3 of them are within the last 5 years :/ anyone else surprised?

xoGossipGirl

Postby xoGossipGirl » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:23 pm

Decimus wrote:
xoGossipGirl wrote:
eliminatorjr wrote:

My dearest Peppy,

Xoxo,
Gossip Girl

Wanna hang out sometime?

I didn't happen to just pass you sitting in the fountain at Balboa Park, did I?

Haha, nope. It's fine, I am often confused for homeless men.

xoGossipGirl

Postby xoGossipGirl » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:27 pm

john1990 wrote:Rejected from Drexel with a 166/3.3 was hoping for a full ride

C+F issues I guess. I have some 10 petty offenses, 4 of which are misdemeanors. Very disappointing since one 3 of them are within the last 5 years :/ anyone else surprised?

Hey man, sorry about the ding. I'm a little bit surprised only because it's not a 'top' school and I've heard that the TTT-type schools usually let that kind of stuff slide. My friend got into a similar school with just as many offenses as you. Good luck with your other apps; I'm sure you'll be accepted elsewhere!

goldenflash19

Postby goldenflash19 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:57 pm

Given C&F and your two previous law school stints, not really.

john1990

Postby john1990 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:18 pm

goldenflash19 wrote:

Yea, but i have two letters of good standing so that probably didn't hurt. I didn't fail, i withdrew once to help my family and I'm dropping again because I don't like the school/location

john1990

Postby john1990 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:19 pm

xoGossipGirl wrote:

Hey man, sorry about the ding. I'm a little bit surprised only because it's not a 'top' school and I've heard that the TTT-type schools usually let that kind of stuff slide. My friend got into a similar school with just as many offenses as you. Good luck with your other apps; I'm sure you'll be accepted elsewhere!

Thanks. Glad to hear your friend got in. I'm still waiting on other schools so hopefully this cycle wont be a bust

john1990

Postby john1990 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:28 pm

goldenflash19 wrote:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/archives ... =2&t=88826

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:08 pm

hesssss back

xoGossipGirl

Postby xoGossipGirl » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:13 pm

stillwater wrote:hesssss back

I take it john1990 is pretty notorious around these here parts?

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:28 pm

xoGossipGirl wrote:

yup. pretty sure he is a madman.

xoGossipGirl

Postby xoGossipGirl » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:59 pm

stillwater wrote:
xoGossipGirl wrote:

Hahaha, these law school blogs sometimes feel like high school: there are the popular kids, the villains, the funny guys, the bullies, the smart ones, the failures, and the 'nobodys' that just kind of float around on here.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:02 pm

xoGossipGirl wrote:
stillwater wrote:
xoGossipGirl wrote:

Hahaha, these law school blogs sometimes feel like high school: there are the popular kids, the villains, the funny guys, the bullies, the smart ones, the failures, and the 'nobodys' that just kind of float around on here.

Good ol law school blogs.

Ok guys, lets refocus. Thread is about the lolz, not weirdo trolls. Bring forth the lolz.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:55 pm

john1990 wrote:
goldenflash19 wrote:

No, because this person dropped out before completing a semester. You've not only dropped out of two law schools apparently - you completed all your finals for an entire semester. This link doesn't apply to you. Also, it's rather dated.

As for high school social strata, john1990 falls squarely between the villain, the failure, and the nobody.

jk148706

Postby jk148706 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:58 pm

Popcorn please

Snowboarder1588

Postby Snowboarder1588 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:23 am

jbagelboy wrote:
john1990 wrote:
goldenflash19 wrote:

No, because this person dropped out before completing a semester. You've not only dropped out of two law schools apparently - you completed all your finals for an entire semester. This link doesn't apply to you. Also, it's rather dated.

As for high school social strata, john1990 falls squarely between the villain, the failure, and the nobody.

This is why I love TLS...Did someone mention popcorn?

xoGossipGirl

Postby xoGossipGirl » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:27 am

Snowboarder1588 wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
john1990 wrote:
goldenflash19 wrote:Rejected from Drexel with a 166/3.3 was hoping for a full ride

This is why I love TLS...Did someone mention popcorn?

The DING Bar now permits for dissing fellow applicants in addition to schools?! I'll drink to that

yeslekkkk

Postby yeslekkkk » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:29 am

I got some wine next to me. YEAHHHHHHH

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”