THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cdgedout

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby cdgedout » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Dear GULC,

Thank you for rejecting me. Honestly. I feel more motivated than ever to do really well at whichever law school I end up attending. I'll be the one thinking, "SUCKS TO SUCK," not you.

Also, I think it's pretty rude that you guys waited three weeks to ding me even though you probably only looked at my numbers and threw my application in the trash. Haven't you heard of a quick and painless kill? Don't act like you actually follow the "it's not all numbers" philosophy. Better to be an honest number whore than a lying one.

Best regards,
cdg

JustHawkin

Postby JustHawkin » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:54 pm

cdgedout wrote:Dear GULC,

Thank you for rejecting me. Honestly. I feel more motivated than ever to do really well at whichever law school I end up attending. I'll be the one thinking, "SUCKS TO SUCK," not you.

Also, I think it's pretty rude that you guys waited three weeks to ding me even though you probably only looked at my numbers and threw my application in the trash. Haven't you heard of a quick and painless kill? Don't act like you actually follow the "it's not all numbers" philosophy. Better to be an honest number whore than a lying one.

Best regards,
cdg

numbers?

xoGossipGirl

Postby xoGossipGirl » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:07 pm

fonzerelli wrote:In this thread we retaliate by protesting what made XXX school somewhat suspect to begin with, and we're glad our decision was made that much easier by taking that ridiculous option off the table.

In fact, we didn't really care enough to try that hard. If we had sent version 4B from our personal statement library we definitely would have gotten in but who cares, I don't even care.

I'll start: Berkeley. Ding date: 01/14/10

Umm, I don't want to listen to global warming propaganda for three years anyway. I eat red meat. Back off peta, your toyota prius is burning dead animals too. Earthquakes. Too liberal. Volatile economy. Hippies. Whatever.

You deserve a Nobel Peace Prize for this. Also, marry me.

kris4842

Postby kris4842 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:38 pm

This afternoon I checked all my Status checkers and got one denial. Then tonight, same school that denied me sent me a recruitment letter saying they believe I would be a great candidate at their school and I should apply, dumb asses!!!!

kris4842

Postby kris4842 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:14 pm

Does anyone know if anything happens on the weekends? LIke should i still check status checker on the weekends or they only update mon-fri?

PalmBay

Postby PalmBay » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:30 pm

kris4842 wrote:Does anyone know if anything happens on the weekends? LIke should i still check status checker on the weekends or they only update mon-fri?

Doesn't hurt to check, just don't do it obsessively :wink:
But yeah, this is my 2nd cycle and I can't remember any movement occurring on the weekends. Lots of Mondays and Fridays though.

xoGossipGirl

Postby xoGossipGirl » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:03 am

Snoopy1216 wrote:
fonzerelli wrote:I just status checked the F out of my status check spreadsheet and although I have nothing new to report, I do have something to say.

Harvard, come here with me and don't worry sweetheart, it's 5'oclock somewhere. Let me by you a drink, overpriced Boston Lager, right? You got it. Baaaatenda, get this lady a veritas drink. Oh, I know a lot of things honey, latin is one of them.

Now listen, I know you haven't made any decisions with regards to our relationship but you and I both know you're way out of my numbers league. But, don't you like how I "got it done" in the real world for all those years after undergrad? Quantifiable achievement baby. I know a lot of other girls that like that about me. Oh I know they're not as highly ranked, but once you wipe away all that makeup, a lot of what you get out of a relationship is how hard you work in it, right? Of course I'm right doll.

I gotta run. You do what you have to do but I'm going to do what I have to do as well. (kiss on cheek while I slap $12 lsac dollars on the bar and leave)

1+ LOL you should get in jus for this skit!

+1. I read this out loud to my whole family.

xoGossipGirl

Postby xoGossipGirl » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:22 am

WL'd at Pepperdine? Maybe? Perhaps? Ouch. Owwwwww. I feel like I got dared to ask out the fattest, filthiest guy in school as a joke, and he rejected me. Feeling the sting of the ding.

My dearest Peppy,

I loved you since we first met and dreamt of your breathtaking ocean views since our first intimate night in Malibu together. However, I knew our love never could have lasted since I am far too slutty and substance-abusive for your Christian-regulated campus. No sleepovers with the opposite sex? No wine at dinner? Ooooops. Maybe if I had met you when I was thirteen there would still be hope for us. Had you continued our relationship, I most certainly would have deflowered all 20 Bible-camp runaways that compose your 1L class. I could only hope that your indirect and sugar-coated break-up with me has at least given you the confidence-boost that you need to remain emotionally strong as the FOURTH-in-ranking law school in your market. You passed up a really great girl, Peppy. I hope the girl you dumped me for is at least good in bed. Oh. Wait.

Xoxo,
Gossip Girl

PS: I wore your purity ring while I was screwing Loyola

riverwater

Postby riverwater » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:29 am

Last edited by riverwater on Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

xoGossipGirl

Postby xoGossipGirl » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:34 am

riverwater wrote:
xoGossipGirl wrote:WL'd at Pepperdine? Maybe? Perhaps? Ouch. Owwwwww. I feel like I got dared to ask out the fattest, filthiest guy in school as a joke, and he rejected me. Feeling the sting of the ding.

My dearest Peppy,

I loved you since we first met and dreamt of your breathtaking ocean views since our first intimate night in Malibu together. However, I knew our love never could have lasted since I am far too slutty and substance-abusive for your Christian-regulated campus. No sleepovers with the opposite sex? No wine at dinner? Ooooops. Maybe if I had met you when I was thirteen there would still be hope for us. Had you continued our relationship, I most certainly would have deflowered all 20 Bible-camp runaways that compose your 1L class. I could only hope that your indirect and sugar-coated break-up with me has at least given you the confidence-boost that you need to remain emotionally strong as the FOURTH-in-ranking law school in your market. You passed up a really great girl, Peppy. I hope the girl you dumped me for is at least good in bed. Oh. Wait.

Xoxo,
Gossip Girl

Does TLS have a Hall of Fame and if so how can I nominate xoGossipGirl?

Xoxo Riverwater! I'm over it too- better offers came through:
Waitlisted at Pepp or full ride at a Tier 3? = Beg and grovel for a virgin who won't put out or exert zero effort for a nasty filthy whore? In both cases my dignity is severely compromised but at least with the latter I can enjoy the ride. Pun Intended.

The Dark Kite

Postby The Dark Kite » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:14 pm

xoGossipGirl wrote:
Xoxo,
Gossip Girl

This right here... winner, winner, chicken dinner. We have a ding bar HoF contender...

iza3nee

Postby iza3nee » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:32 pm

"Postpone Final Decision?"
You're going to postpone me GULC? Really? After all we have been through? First you make me dream big dream for us, make me think that I coulda been a contender, then you invite me into your house for of all things a group interview....you couldn't even let us be alone...you like people watching. Then you postpone the decision.
How dare you? I'll have you know GWU wants me and I want them, so maybe when you are ready to decide on me I'll be over at GWU and it will be too late. I thought we had something special....we could have had four wonderful (albeit part-time) years together. I mean we still could sweetie ...*gently touching your cheek* don't pull away...I'm not mad...just a lil hurt and disappointed that after I came all the way there and braved the traffic on toll road and 66 not to mention icy roads for you you'd just postpone me. I mean it's still better than a flat out no...but quit playing with my heart...I feel like Justin Timberlake in the Bye Bye Bye video minus the bleached out curls. Dance puppet dance....
Well don't take too long now I have a very lovely suitor in GWU waiting for me and I am tempted oh so tempted to take her up on her offer....
Till February GULC...till February....

The Dark Kite

Postby The Dark Kite » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:55 pm

iza3nee wrote:"Postpone Final Decision?"
You're going to postpone me GULC? Really? After all we have been through? First you make me dream big dream for us, make me think that I coulda been a contender, then you invite me into your house for of all things a group interview....you couldn't even let us be alone...you like people watching. Then you postpone the decision.
How dare you? I'll have you know GWU wants me and I want them, so maybe when you are ready to decide on me I'll be over at GWU and it will be too late. I thought we had something special....we could have had four wonderful (albeit part-time) years together. I mean we still could sweetie ...*gently touching your cheek* don't pull away...I'm not mad...just a lil hurt and disappointed that after I came all the way there and braved the traffic on toll road and 66 not to mention icy roads for you you'd just postpone me. I mean it's still better than a flat out no...but quit playing with my heart...I feel like Justin Timberlake in the Bye Bye Bye video minus the bleached out curls. Dance puppet dance....
Well don't take too long now I have a very lovely suitor in GWU waiting for me and I am tempted oh so tempted to take her up on her offer....

I won't lie. This is borderline terrifying. I almost feel as though you kinda want to kill GULC and wear its skin. But right on..

iza3nee

Postby iza3nee » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:41 am

The Dark Kite wrote:
iza3nee wrote:"Postpone Final Decision?"

I won't lie. This is borderline terrifying. I almost feel as though you kinda want to kill GULC and wear its skin. But right on..

Maybe not wear it's skin but maybe just have it tied up in my basement and have it watch me flirt and play with GWU....

PattyCake

Postby PattyCake » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:44 am

xoGossipGirl wrote:Xoxo,
Gossip Girl

This.

The Dark Kite

Postby The Dark Kite » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:32 am

Any non-ED'ers get rejected yet this cycle?

Nonconsecutive

Postby Nonconsecutive » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:36 am

I have a feeling the last few posts ITT will be used as evidence someday.

boiboi

Postby boiboi » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:07 pm

Dear Georgetown,

I saw the way you looked at me at the campus interview. So much lust in your eyes as you pleaded with me to bless you with my application. I was unsure, naive and afraid to start this 3 year relationship but you made me believe you were ready to move in and start a family. So I did it. In a moment of passion, I sent you my application despite my friends telling me you were a no good loser. I hushed their doubts by bragging about how sexy your capital city charms were. However b***h. Yes I called you a b***h, You Waitlisted me. Why? Did my Black ivy league demeanor frighten you? Did you have doubts about my commitment to you. Boo, I lusted after you as much as you did for me. But you ruined your chances. You are right, I would have probably left you and our shitty one bedroom apartment for Penn if she gave me a call but it was too early in the cycle for you to make such a brash decision. At the end of the day my friends were right, I don't need you miserly, number whore as my wifey. I might have caught something.

Goodluck finding a man as sexy as me.

Winston1984

Postby Winston1984 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:34 pm

These are becoming too creepy and sexual.

Babum

Postby Babum » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:39 pm

Winston1984 wrote:These are becoming too creepy and sexual.

agree, these used to be funny a couple pages back. Now, I'm just scared :shock:

Domke

Postby Domke » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:48 pm

University of Washington - You call yourselves the huskies yet your mascot is a malamute. If you can't even get your own mascot right why should I have ever expected you to accept the right applicant?

edwardt1988

Postby edwardt1988 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:56 pm

Yea....

The Dark Kite

Postby The Dark Kite » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:59 am

edwardt1988 wrote:

Yea....

+1

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:14 pm

The Dark Kite wrote:
edwardt1988 wrote:

Yea....

+1

You people are the worst. The point of this thread is to let out your disappointment in whatever dysfunctional way suits you best.

Carry on, you beautifully awkward weirdos.

The Dark Kite

Postby The Dark Kite » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:09 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
The Dark Kite wrote:
edwardt1988 wrote:

Yea....

+1

You people are the worst. The point of this thread is to let out your disappointment in whatever dysfunctional way suits you best.

Carry on, you beautifully awkward weirdos.

I feel you. And I certainly don't want to put a cap on creative expression. But let's call this what it is: a few people did a really good job of acting out a metaphor and everyone else tried to follow suit/be unoriginal and in doing so, over-sexualized the sentiment. Let's just try to keep them original, that's all I'm sayin'. But sure, if you would like to keep drawing on the romance/sex/relationship parallel, that's fine too. Freedom of speech and all that... 'MURCA.. idk.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”