THE DING BAR Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
waverider

Bronze

Re: THE DING BAR

Post by waverider » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:08 pm

I'd say this should be the official song of the thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atBg9zLI2bA

LessThanLiz

New

Post by LessThanLiz » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:31 pm

Lonagan

Bronze

Post by Lonagan » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:39 am

waverider wrote:Dear Georgia

I only applied because I find girls with southern accents very sexy. But I've had your peaches and believe me I've tasted better!

Btw I'd really feel like an ass going to Georgia football games decked out in orange and blue. Glad I can avoid that now.
Their boys are not the squarest, nor their girls the fairest. You're better off.

waverider

Bronze

Post by waverider » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:49 pm

Ok WL at arizona. Since they rarely admit waitlisted applicants I'll send a ding your way.

Good thing I'm not going to Arizona, I actually like grass. And no, rocks painted green do not count!
Last edited by waverider on Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bryntax

New

Post by bryntax » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:33 pm

YOU KNOW WHAT GEORGETOWN?

you are way too overpriced for anyone to attend you part time anyway.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

shanoodle

New

Post by shanoodle » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:44 pm

UC Hastings: screw you.... i'm not interested in attending school in the tenderloin anyway.

Swamp Monster

New

Post by Swamp Monster » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:57 pm

bryntax wrote:YOU KNOW WHAT GEORGETOWN?

you are way too overpriced for anyone to attend you part time anyway.
Is someone posting as me? I feel the same way...also, you can't beat the 9th best team in the MAC

waverider

Bronze

Post by waverider » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:13 pm

JuanaB wrote:Northwestern WL: I guess I'm too young.

Duke WL: Sorry, I just couldn't bring myself to feign a "Why Duke" essay. No, waitlisting me will not get me to write one.

Georgetown WL: Let's be honest, the only reason people like you is because you are in D.C. Calling yourself a "Law Center" does not make you any cooler.

Berkeley WL: 9 out of 10 California girls are hot. The 10th goes to Berkeley.

Chicago WL: The only thing worse than Hyde Park is the awkwardness of your students.

To make this more interesting lets decide on who wins the best ding yet.

My vote goes to this one. Three quality dings in the first degree. I almost feel bad for Northwestern, Duke, and Berkeley, but instead I'm just in awe of your mad dinging skills

Kiersten1985

Silver

Post by Kiersten1985 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:36 pm

"Application Denied"

Wow, way to give it to me gently, Penn. I guess my complete lack of desire to attend your school came through in my shitty 5 year plan essay.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

HG0506

New

Post by HG0506 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:30 pm

Snail mail reject from Lewis and Clark today. They can hug their trees and protect animals in their birkenstocks without me.

FunkyJD

Silver

Post by FunkyJD » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:51 pm

HG0506 wrote:Snail mail reject from Lewis and Clark today. They can hug their trees and protect animals in their birkenstocks without me.
Well done. :lol:

NUMB3RFIFTY

New

Post by NUMB3RFIFTY » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:31 pm

lawhawk wrote:
Roseland wrote:This happened at the end of my cycle last year...
I was waitlisted at WUSTL...
In August they emailed me...
"As you may have guessed you have not been admitted to our University....blah blah blah...."
AS YOU MAY HAVE GUESSED???? I was NOT impressed with this dumb ass email rejection at beyond the last minute.
AS YOU MAY HAVE GUESSED...I decided NOT to take my brand new LSAT score and apply again to these idiots.
As you may have guessed. Wow lol that's outrageous.
You should have written back.

"As you may have guessed... your mother and I...

NUMB3RFIFTY

New

Post by NUMB3RFIFTY » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:42 pm

TWoodWil wrote:What the UVA ding email really means:

Mr. TWoodWil,

We have carefully reviewed your application for admission, or at least as carefully as five minutes while eating a sandwich allows. I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you a place in the entering class, but we were able to take your application fees. I'm going to use your fee for a new keyboard.

Last year we received 7,102 nonresident applications and 778 resident applications (7,880 total) for the 360 seats in the entering class. This year's application volume is poised to increase by at least 10 percent. There is no question in my mind that this will be the most difficult year on record in which to gain admission to Virginia Law. I know this has no bearing on you at all, just thought you'd like to know that there's a lot of other idiots like you that we reject each year.

I hope you excuse the informality of this communication, but I thought you might appreciate speed over formality. In addition, we are communicating almost exclusively via email now in an attempt to reduce our reliance on paper; though it's mostly so we do not have to waste precious cents mailing rejection letters to philistines like you.

I sincerely appreciate your interest in Virginia Law and for padding our rejection rate. I wish you the very best in your legal education and professional career, but neither Virginia Law nor I wish to be a part of either aspect of your life.

Jason Wu Trujillo '01
Senior Assistant Dean for Admissions and Financial Aid
Absolutely legendary

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:19 pm

HEY UPENN!

You motherloving....frickin.....awww hell I was gonna say something mean but how can I stay mad at you when you sent me such a heartfelt rejection letter. Thanks for signing it too Dean Post.

I now understand what people mean when they say you're nauseatingly collegial.

vlsorbust

New

Post by vlsorbust » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:00 pm

Dear Gonzaga,

I understand that you're probably one of those schools that doesn't bother to look beyond a person's GPA even though your recruiters and admissions reps swear that they consider the "whole person." It would have been helpful to know the truth -that is, even an LSAT score that's well above your 75% and other very strong factors don't amount to jack.

Honestly, I'm not even upset about the ding. What really bothered me was the email you sent letting me know my application was finally "complete" - almost a month after I submitted it and a whopping four days before rendering your decision - in which you stated:

"Every application we receive is reviewed in it's entirety by a member of the Admissions Committee."

I wonder how many of your emails are reviewed in their entirety before they are sent.

Signed,

Off To Greener Pastures

PS - Go Syracuse!

zreinhar

Bronze

Post by zreinhar » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:28 am

Michigan, you were like that really hot girl I had no business even talking to, so your rejection letter was nice cause at least I could tell people "yeah, we were talkin, no big deal."

But GMU, you were the fatty that was my safety for the prom, and you REJECTED me? My GPA is above your FT 75th and my LSAT is your FT Median..... and I applied PT! Whatever, I only applied to you because I wanted to go to school in DC and youre fat and stupid anyways. I just want you to know that Emory wailisted me, i.e. gave me a maybe for the dance, which while it is probably a rejection, I will still tell everyone that Im waiting for them...

Oh yeah, suck it

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:09 am

Dear Stanford,

I never really wanted to go to school there, so I guess you figured it out. That doesn't surprise me since you were involved with building the intersect. That being said, it sickens me that you allow the Ring to recruit on campus. And the way you treated Chuck Bartowski, well, it doesn't surprise me that the T3 will always be HY>>>>>>>>that other school on the west coast. Oh, and John Elway needs a haircut, hippie.

Sincerely,
Sauer Grapes (rather fitting screen name now, huh?)

PS, I didn't want to be a statistic when the big one hits anyway.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:19 am

Dear Villanova,

Thanks for the WL. Good luck in the NCAA Tourn.... oh wait.

Toodles!
keg411

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:24 am

Dear Indiana,

You waitlisted me. Probably a good call on your part, as you are boring. You have no heart anymore, ever since you lost Bobby Knight. Did I mention that you are boring?

Anyway, was it YP that caused my WL? If it was, I guess it goes to show that you realize just how over-rated you are. That lack of confidence in your ability to convince me to matriculate really shows through. If you want to stay a T30 school, you need to start acting like one.

Sincerely,
Sauer Grapes

Tweek

New

Post by Tweek » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:31 am

Sauer Grapes wrote:PS, I didn't want to be a statistic when the big one hits anyway.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:18 am

GSU 3/24/10 via status checker

You suck! Your the dirty hooker on the popular street corner. No one really wants you but you're in a prime location.
NUMB3RFIFTY wrote:
lawhawk wrote:
Roseland wrote:This happened at the end of my cycle last year...
I was waitlisted at WUSTL...
In August they emailed me...
"As you may have guessed you have not been admitted to our University....blah blah blah...."
AS YOU MAY HAVE GUESSED???? I was NOT impressed with this dumb ass email rejection at beyond the last minute.
AS YOU MAY HAVE GUESSED...I decided NOT to take my brand new LSAT score and apply again to these idiots.
As you may have guessed. Wow lol that's outrageous.
You should have written back.

"As you may have guessed... your mother and I...
Now, THAT's outrageous and hilarious!!!!!!!

waverider wrote:Dear Georgia

I only applied because I find girls with southern accents very sexy. But I've had your peaches and believe me I've tasted better!

Btw I'd really feel like an ass going to Georgia football games decked out in orange and blue. Glad I can avoid that now.
I literally LOL'ed
Last edited by trialjunky on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NYCbound96

New

Post by NYCbound96 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Okay this is sad. I want my Columbia and Fordham rejections now so I can play!

Ps. What game does Columbia think they're playing at? I should have been an auto-reject. Just because you're highly ranked doesn't mean you can play mind games on us plebeians.

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:42 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:Dear Stanford,

I never really wanted to go to school there, so I guess you figured it out. That doesn't surprise me since you were involved with building the intersect. That being said, it sickens me that you allow the Ring to recruit on campus. And the way you treated Chuck Bartowski, well, it doesn't surprise me that the T3 will always be HY>>>>>>>>that other school on the west coast. Oh, and John Elway needs a haircut, hippie.

Sincerely,

180 for the Chuck references

NYCbound96

New

Post by NYCbound96 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:45 pm

stratocophic wrote:

Sincerely,

+1 :D Best show ever!

lstwin

New

Post by lstwin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:12 pm

NYCbound96 wrote:
stratocophic wrote:

Sincerely,

+1 :D Best show ever!
Love that show!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”