THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cslouisck

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby cslouisck » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:42 pm

Dear Berkeley,

I thought I loved you. We visited. We romanced. I enjoyed dinner in one of your cafes, so lovingly reviewed by Yelp, and reminisced about my own days on campus, several years past. "This was college," I told myself. The bustle. The din. The hoodies. And I applied to you, believing that my ski bum ways would help me find purchase on your slippery slope of rejections. But no, numbers alone couldn't seal the deal as they had at better...nay, higher ranked, schools. Instead you teased. You faculty reviewed. And then you let me down with the choicest of letters. If only you could accept even more applicants, you said. If only a woman could love two men equally. I can't say I understand, Berkeley, but I will endeavor to prove you wrong. Michigan loved me, as did others. And when I snuggle close to the warm embrace of the Midwest, I'll forget your sunny shores and the man who asked if I could spare some change for shrooms, because you've missed out. 'Twas a poor call, Berkeley, but an opportunity for all the rest.

tocheer67

Postby tocheer67 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:21 am

Dear UCLA,
I'm waitlisted at Cornell, but you flat out reject me? I'm over it and plan to become a trojan anyway.
Oh, UCLA I like your outfit too, except when I dress up as a frigid bitch, I try not to look so constipated.
Last edited by tocheer67 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheNextAmendment

Postby TheNextAmendment » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:43 am

Dear Fordham,
You are my only ding so far. 4 schools ranked much higher than you accepted me so we wouldn't have ended up together anyways...but why!?! I don't get it. Oh and for the record- your catastrophic rankings plummet this year was absolutely hilarious. I will pray for your medians. Best regards.

davisbish

Postby davisbish » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:30 pm

Dear Northeastern,

Did I disappoint you or let you down?
Should I be feeling guilty or let the judges frown?
'Cause I saw the end before we'd begun,
Yes I saw you were blinded and I knew I had won.
So I took what's mine by eternal right.
Took your soul out into the night.
It may be over but it won't stop there,
I am here for you if you'd only care.
You touched my heart you touched my soul.
You changed my life and all my goals.
And love is blind and that I knew when,
My heart was blinded by you.
I've kissed your lips and held your hand.
Shared your dreams and shared your bed.
I know you well, I know your smell.
I've been addicted to you.

Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me.

JK suck yourself.

<3 davish Bish

romanticegotist

Postby romanticegotist » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:29 pm

Dear USC,

I prefer Durex to Trojans anyway.

-R.E.

ironbmike

Postby ironbmike » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:13 pm

Dear Georgetown,

Your campus is actually ugly and it overlooks a freeway. I don't need you anyways. YOU'RE FUCKING OUT

- Kenny Powers

Jaqen

Postby Jaqen » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:13 pm

romanticegotist wrote:Dear USC,

-R.E.

:lol:

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:30 pm

Jaqen wrote:

-R.E.

:lol:

shntn

Postby shntn » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:55 pm

-R.E.

Said no one, ever. But yeah, fuck Trojans.

shippy1988

Postby shippy1988 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:12 pm

Dear Columbia,

I knew you were a reach, I knew that you didn't really mean it when you sent me that fee waiver. I'm not really that mad. But 'Reserve'? Let's not drag this out, or make it more than it was. I may not have a perfect GPA, but I do still have some shreds of self-respect.

Sincerely,
me

P.S. <insert preferred New York sports team here> stinks!

Raymond112909

Postby Raymond112909 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:14 pm

tocheer67 wrote:Dear UCLA,
I'm waitlisted at Cornell, but you flat out reject me? I'm over it and plan to become a trojan anyway.
Oh, UCLA I like your outfit too, except when I dress up as a frigid bitch, I try not to look so constipated.

Haha they wait listed me....Imma be a Trojan as well congrats!!

AnaMariana42

Postby AnaMariana42 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:51 pm

Dearest Harvard:

After spending the first eighteen years of my life buried in Boston snow, I'm pleased to inform you that I am SO over it.

Much love,
Blue Devil '16

swordking90

Postby swordking90 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:04 pm

AnaMariana42 wrote:Dearest Harvard:

After spending the first eighteen years of my life buried in Boston snow, I'm pleased to inform you that I am SO over it.

Much love,
Blue Devil '16

Rejected from Harvard too...my first rejection of the cycle. Ditto about the snow (undergrad in MA).

amsong

Postby amsong » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:10 pm

Dear Harvard,

Thanks for the rejection. Seriously. You saved me the parental bitching I would have suffered had I withdrawn. I love New England, but it would take one trillion dollars for me to live there again for three more years. It's not the weather; it's the people.

xoxo

amsong

lovelydarkanddeep

Postby lovelydarkanddeep » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:55 am

That's all right UNC. After my experience with your adcomms I'm not sure if I would have attended anyway. Also not sure how you jumped so many spots in the US News Rankings this year, but it definitely wasn't because of your "southern charm" and I definitely won't be riding the waitlist.

Sincerely,
A four generation legacy and alum who will be damn sure any donations in the future won't profit you in the least.

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:22 am

F$%^ you USC. Made me wait 6 months for a rejection letter via snail mail.....

....I'll be back. With a 170.

mewalke1

Postby mewalke1 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:54 am

Dear Undergrad,

How could you do this to me? Rejecting me now after we've been together all this time? You know me....you don't need transcripts just log on the system. Im not one of these 21 year olds, I have a wife and a baby on the way and I don't want to move. My wife even attends you and this is how you treat me? I agreed to binding early decision and I turned in my application on the first day it was available but you didn't care. Thanks for the letter in the plain envelope....I knew it was a rejection before I even opened it.

Whatever you didn't hurt my feelings. Doesn't bother me at all...... and if you'll buy that I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona you might be interested in.

Mike

Rolltide52

Postby Rolltide52 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:53 am

Last edited by Rolltide52 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

WisemanAEKDB

Postby WisemanAEKDB » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:04 pm

HasTTTings,

Thank you for the waitlist offer. Your terrible employment statistics and absurd COA made me so excited to attend your law school. Upon further review of your school, I've decided to ding myself.

Maybe next time.

bananasplit19

Postby bananasplit19 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:13 pm

Dear Penn:

Phillies suck, Sixers suck, Flyers suck, Eagles super-de-duper suck.

Sincerely,

A Giants, Warriors, Sharks and 49ers fan

Audeamus

Postby Audeamus » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:27 pm

Dear Berkeley,

Thanks for finally sending me the view book I requested back in November. It was so nice of you to wait until after you rejected me to get around to sending it.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Audeamus

jad0re

Postby jad0re » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:24 pm

Hi Michigan
I think I'll cry
Last edited by jad0re on Sat May 04, 2013 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSLovely173

Postby LSLovely173 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:40 pm

Dear Georgetown,

Bravo for what was possibly the most epic display of application trolling in history. You extend the option to make a 1-minute application video, I say "challenge accepted", and set to work killing 30-40 hours of my life and an unspeakable amount of M&Ms making a darn creative stop motion film for the admissions committee to enjoy. But lo and behold, I receive a rejection email from the office last friday claiming that after "careful consideration of my file" you can't approve my application. Hm. It's awfully suspect that you've supposedly carefully considered my file, yet the Youtube views on my *UNLISTED* video have not budged since the time I submitted my application. Triple checked that link in the app PDF and it surely works.

But, just know, the old adage is true: lying gets you no where. Actually, wait, yeah it does. It apparently moves us down in rankings, as Cornell so spitefully dropkicked your a**es into back 14th place for another year.

Have fun bringing up the rear in those 2014 rankings, My Loves!

LSLovely

beautyistruth

Postby beautyistruth » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:59 pm

LSLovely173 wrote:Dear Georgetown,

Bravo for what was possibly the most epic display of application trolling in history. You extend the option to make a 1-minute application video, I say "challenge accepted", and set to work killing 30-40 hours of my life and an unspeakable amount of M&Ms making a darn creative stop motion film for the admissions committee to enjoy. But lo and behold, I receive a rejection email from the office last friday claiming that after "careful consideration of my file" you can't approve my application. Hm. It's awfully suspect that you've supposedly carefully considered my file, yet the Youtube views on my *UNLISTED* video have not budged since the time I submitted my application. Triple checked that link in the app PDF and it surely works.

But, just know, the old adage is true: lying gets you no where. Actually, wait, yeah it does. It apparently moves us down in rankings, as Cornell so spitefully dropkicked your a**es into back 14th place for another year.

LSLovely

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:52 pm

LSLovely173 wrote:Dear Georgetown,

LSLovely

We want the video.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”