THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
mac35352
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby mac35352 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:19 pm

boblawlob wrote:Hey Berkeley,

Thanks for crushing my dreams. I wish I could say mean things to you, but I can't. I'm not that kind of person. I will say this though: You will regret this decision because you rejected someone who has more promise and potential than anyone out there. I may not currently hold a PhD. I may not have had sex for money and then subsequently used myself as a "anti-prostitution" advocate. I may not have been a dumb kid and thought about selling drugs and was only saved when the supplier did not show up. But I am a motivated and smart person who has tried hard in the past and is still trying really hard in the present to further myself. You may think my flaw is that I never had learn a lesson from do anything shady and unethical, but I would say that THAT is my greatest strength: I NEVER allowed myself be in any unethical positions because I did the right thing always. In short, I may not have the greatest comeback or sob story, but I have always been running long and hard towards my goals. I think those who have never wavered from their path are better than those who have even if they came back strong because the former group had the decency to never let ever themselves falter. Thanks again for your consideration, but you'll regret that decision.

Regards,
Boblawlob

tl;dr

Keeping it classy. I'll save that for my Stanford ding.

User avatar
06102016
Posts: 13466
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby 06102016 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:20 pm

..

User avatar
mac35352
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby mac35352 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:23 pm

slack_academic wrote:
mac35352 wrote:Dear Berkeley,
I hate you and you suck and I thank you for the ding...and no, I'm not going to be mature about this....you are a big piece of %&$#! Why do you even lie at this point...why do you say that you "regret" rejecting me when you know it is not true? At least have the balls to tell me that my LSAT sucks and that my 3.92 GPA is not good enough for you. At least tell me that the decision was easy and that I should move on with my life far away from the bay area. Instead, you told me I should apply as a transfer. Are you out of your mind Berkeley? Why in the world would I do that when I already know you say it to every other rejected candidate? Why would you want me to feel special? like there might be some distant hope for me? People in TLS said your letter was nice.....I call BS on that. Your email sucks and you don't need to send me a hard copy. I would just burn it along with a copy of my application PDF, all the emails we exchanged, etc.
Go to hell you lying bastard.....
I am not done with you....I will hate you for a long time to come.
I wish you fall to #10 next year,
Mac (a very upset hispanic woman who is going to get stupidly drunk tonight).


Retake.

Lol. I might have to...

BigZuck
Posts: 10872
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby BigZuck » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:12 pm

Dear Stanford: you may get yourself a class full of sky high GPAs, 99th percentile LSAT scores, and Olympian cancer curers but at least I know how to work a fucking status checker.

User avatar
gingerbreadsmouse
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby gingerbreadsmouse » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:13 pm

BigZuck wrote:Dear Stanford: you may get yourself a class full of sky high GPAs, 99th percentile LSAT scores, and Olympian cancer curers but at least I know how to work a fucking status checker.


lol ;P

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9647
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby jbagelboy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:39 pm

BigZuck wrote:Dear Stanford: you may get yourself a class full of sky high GPAs, 99th percentile LSAT scores, and Olympian cancer curers but at least I know how to work a fucking status checker.


SLS status checker checker #fail will be the most memorable part of this cycle. for a bunch of silicon tech nerds its pretty damn embarassing.

Aroldis105
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:38 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Aroldis105 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:47 pm

Dear Berkeley,
Guess I smoked too much weed.

Chill.

User avatar
Davidbentley
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:49 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Davidbentley » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:31 am

BigZuck wrote:Dear Stanford: you may get yourself a class full of sky high GPAs, 99th percentile LSAT scores, and Olympian cancer curers but at least I know how to work a fucking status checker.

Well Played.

tino1317
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:14 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby tino1317 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:59 am

shaker2016 wrote:Hey UT,

Thanks for creepily sneaking into my inbox at 2am and leaving me that weakass ding email. How much longer you think you'll be able to hang in the top 20? You know someone is going to notice you're sitting there and kick you out right? I didn't want to live in hippy-filled, vegan friendly, People's Republic of Austin anyway. It's "weird" there. And no, that's not a good thing.

-Shaker

p.s. the longhorn is a dumb animal.


Lol I'm sorry but this was awesome. I never been anywhere south of Ohio but I have to say I love the bit about Austin. Is Austin really different from the rest of TX? Or is it just not a place where everyone holsters their 9mm in plain sight everywhere they go??

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:41 am

shaker2016 wrote:Hey UT,

Thanks for creepily sneaking into my inbox at 2am and leaving me that weakass ding email. How much longer you think you'll be able to hang in the top 20? You know someone is going to notice you're sitting there and kick you out right? I didn't want to live in hippy-filled, vegan friendly, People's Republic of Austin anyway. It's "weird" there. And no, that's not a good thing.

-Shaker

p.s. the longhorn is a dumb animal.

Dude it's ok, Austin is turning into the new Berkley. (and the longhorns suck)

User avatar
fisheye
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:47 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby fisheye » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:46 pm

Dear UVA,

I don't wanna pay for that "Non-Virginian" tuition anyways.

p.s. Oh no~~you can't even ride properly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqA7aLYajhA

Fish

User avatar
xjustyoursmile
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby xjustyoursmile » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:24 pm

Dear Stanford,

I knew our relationship was one-sided from the very beginning. I knew that your type of school goes for a certain type of girl and I'm not it. Because she wears blazers, I wear T-shirts, she's a 4.0 student and I dislike talkative teachers. I dream about the day when you look up and find that what you're looking for in a JD student has been here the whole time. Been here all along, so why can't you see? I belong in Stanford.

I got tired of waiting, wondering if you were ever coming around. My faith in you was fading when I checked status checker just the other day. And I said... Stanford, admit me, I've been feeling so unsure. I keep waiting for you but you never decide. Is this in my head? I don't know what to think. I opened up the browser and pulled up status checker and it said... Decision Letter Sent.

You say you're sorry, that face of an angel comes out just when you need it to. As I paced back and forth all this time, because I honestly believed in you. Holding on, the days drag on. Stupid girl, I should have known.

You didn't even call, I never picked up the phone. This is the last straw. Don't wanna hurt anymore. And you can tell me that you're sorry, but I don't believe you Stanford. You're not sorry.

So I took a deep breath in the mirror. Stanford didn't like it when I admitted I was a splitter. But I do. Turned in a personal essay and put my philosophy in it. Stanford said they don't get the point. But I do, I do.

Walked in expecting Georgetown to be late, but they got here early, admitting me in late November, and they stand and wave. I walk to them, they pull my chair out and help me in. They don't know how nice that is. But I do.

And Georgetown throws their head back smiling at my diversity paper. I think it's strange that they think I'm worth it because Stanford never did. I've been spending the last eight months thinking all hope for law school ever does is break and burn and end, but on a Monday in an email, Georgetown is considering me a finalist for merit scholarship. And I watched this hope begin again.

Guess I'll take my passion across the country. I'll be back in California soon Stanford, but I won't be missing you.

Cheers,
J. Y. Smile

P.S. Thanks to Taylor Swift for randomly coming up on my iTunes as I wrote this.

hopingtogetin
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:59 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby hopingtogetin » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:29 pm

xjustyoursmile wrote:Dear Stanford,

I knew our relationship was one-sided from the very beginning. I knew that your type of school goes for a certain type of girl and I'm not it. Because she wears blazers, I wear T-shirts, she's a 4.0 student and I dislike talkative teachers. I dream about the day when you look up and find that what you're looking for in a JD student has been here the whole time. Been here all along, so why can't you see? I belong in Stanford.

I got tired of waiting, wondering if you were ever coming around. My faith in you was fading when I checked status checker just the other day. And I said... Stanford, admit me, I've been feeling so unsure. I keep waiting for you but you never decide. Is this in my head? I don't know what to think. I opened up the browser and pulled up status checker and it said... Decision Letter Sent.

You say you're sorry, that face of an angel comes out just when you need it to. As I paced back and forth all this time, because I honestly believed in you. Holding on, the days drag on. Stupid girl, I should have known.

You didn't even call, I never picked up the phone. This is the last straw. Don't wanna hurt anymore. And you can tell me that you're sorry, but I don't believe you Stanford. You're not sorry.

So I took a deep breath in the mirror. Stanford didn't like it when I admitted I was a splitter. But I do. Turned in a personal essay and put my philosophy in it. Stanford said they don't get the point. But I do, I do.

Walked in expecting Georgetown to be late, but they got here early, admitting me in late November, and they stand and wave. I walk to them, they pull my chair out and help me in. They don't know how nice that is. But I do.

And Georgetown throws their head back smiling at my diversity paper. I think it's strange that they think I'm worth it because Stanford never did. I've been spending the last eight months thinking all hope for law school ever does is break and burn and end, but on a Monday in an email, Georgetown is considering me a finalist for merit scholarship. And I watched this hope begin again.

Guess I'll take my passion across the country. I'll be back in California soon Stanford, but I won't be missing you.

Cheers,
J. Y. Smile

P.S. Thanks to Taylor Swift for randomly coming up on my iTunes as I wrote this.


So sorry about your rejection, but this is hilarious!!! TSwift is the best!

User avatar
xjustyoursmile
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby xjustyoursmile » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:44 pm

hopingtogetin wrote:[

So sorry about your rejection, but this is hilarious!!! TSwift is the best!


I think the song 'Begin Again' definitely defines my cycle. xD
Glad you enjoyed it. (:

User avatar
LaMuSayonga
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby LaMuSayonga » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:12 am

BigZuck wrote:Dear Stanford: you may get yourself a class full of sky high GPAs, 99th percentile LSAT scores, and Olympian cancer curers but at least I know how to work a fucking status checker.


I LOL'd.

WaltWhite
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:17 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby WaltWhite » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:22 pm

Dear UGA,

It's because I'm white, isn't it.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:02 pm

Dear UPenn State,

I was going to withdraw from your waitlist anyway. I hope one day you'll have a claim to fame other than your good fortune of being part of the same public universiTTTy as WharTTTon.
Last edited by DoveBodyWash on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby shntn » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:07 pm

:?

User avatar
amsong
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby amsong » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Dear Stanford,

Whatever.

amsong

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:32 am

Dear T14,

I'd say blow me, but I don't give it up to just anyone who comes around and fits a numbers profile. Good luck finding true love you size queens.

XOXO,

HTH

User avatar
goden
Posts: 2275
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby goden » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:36 am

shntn wrote: :?

User avatar
06102016
Posts: 13466
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby 06102016 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:17 pm

..

CaptainTroll
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:37 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby CaptainTroll » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:43 pm

deleted

ramsdancer1
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:56 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby ramsdancer1 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:43 pm

.
Last edited by ramsdancer1 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Davidbentley
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:49 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Davidbentley » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:00 pm

CaptainTroll wrote:Dear Yale,

I am not mad about getting DINGED after reading this article: http://www.businessinsider.com/yale-stu ... vey-2013-3


Sincerely,

Someone who doesn't fuck horses.


Nice. I like this. It's got a current event, it's got a fact, and, most importantly, it's pithy. 175.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mm2368, Solidfood and 8 guests