THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
2012Lsatscore

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:26 am

Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

rabbitrun

Postby rabbitrun » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:28 am

Ugh. This tangent has started to make one of the best threads one of the most off topic and one of the least enjoyable.

anderscooper

Postby anderscooper » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:52 am

H-bomb,

LOL -> JS1, KB1, KB2 - WTF? sounds lyke KBG or KKK. while ur at it, I done with all this BS b/c #yolo

ur just a pain in my A-S-S.

TTYL (jk)

FU,
AC

If I wanted to talk like a 12 year old girl, I would go to a Justin Beiber concert.

(with that post, I don't deserve Harvard) :(

anderscooper

Postby anderscooper » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:55 am

Wormfather wrote:True, but saying something along the lines of "...if I was a URM..." is going to go down like a lead balloon. Or is it float like a lead balloon? Either way Ding bar or not, that's beyond the boundaries.

anyone?

2012Lsatscore

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:02 am

Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

stuckinthemiddle

Postby stuckinthemiddle » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:12 am

Crowing wrote:Dearest MichiTTTgan,

Could your admission's clowns be any more fake with their attitudes in their correspondences? I suppose you need some way of distinguishing yourself when your employment prospects are no longer T-14 worthy and when your most famous graduate is Ann Coulter. The only reason Penn and UVA can even tolerate you as a peer is because your name lets them become MVPs. I'm glad that I instead got into a school with so much RIGOR that I never have to worry about opening an LS related e-mail that contains the phrase "what the what."

Because I'm so wowed by YOU,
Crow

HAHAHA That was beautiful! :lol:

Kabootar

Postby Kabootar » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:37 pm

I'm about to get a whole bunch of Dings this cycle.

Dearest Loyola,

Why in God's name would I ever ASK you to send me a hard-copy of your stupid phlegm-worthy rejection letter? Do you think that you're the only law school in this country? Does your hard copy come with a hot hunky piece of meat? I'd rather go to the other schools that have accepted me than spend a single moment breathing the same air that is oxygenated by your wind chapped, cracked, and bleeding hearts. How the hell do you manage to survive during the winter? You probably shave the hair off of your body and make a fucking coat out of it... like you're fucking spongebob or something.

Eat my shit.

grapefruits

Postby grapefruits » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:40 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Wormfather wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:Guys, this thread is supposed to be a safe place for people to come vent.

However, this person has not actually been dinged by Berkeley, yet, so carry on.

True, but saying something along the lines of "...if I was a URM..." is going to go down like a lead balloon. Or is it float like a lead balloon? Either way Ding bar or not, that's beyond th
e boundaries.

Yeah, I really hate when people don't use the subjunctive, too.

Illest burn bruh

"If I were..." hopeful law students. Shit.
Last edited by grapefruits on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

romanticegotist

Postby romanticegotist » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:45 pm

Pre-emptive ding but needed to write it down before I forgot:

Cornell,

Ithaca is so cold that I know someone who transferred BACK to Minnesota.

-r.e.

danitt

Postby danitt » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:46 pm

romanticegotist wrote:Pre-emptive ding but needed to write it down before I forgot:

Cornell,

-r.e.

For real?!?

gingerbreadsmouse

Postby gingerbreadsmouse » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:50 pm

danitt wrote:
romanticegotist wrote:Pre-emptive ding but needed to write it down before I forgot:

Cornell,

-r.e.

For real?!?

seriously?!! (FYI, I'm from Florida and absolutely can't stand it, but that sounds wild.)

romanticegotist

Postby romanticegotist » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:56 pm

danitt wrote:

Cornell,

-r.e.

For real?!?

Haha I don't think that was the reason but hey man this is the ding bar liberties can be taken.

leximex21

Postby leximex21 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:08 pm

UWash-

Who wants to live in constant rain anyways. I'll stick with my beautiful sunny Cali any day.

Princess Consuela

Postby Princess Consuela » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:23 pm

grapefruits wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Wormfather wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:Guys, this thread is supposed to be a safe place for people to come vent.

However, this person has not actually been dinged by Berkeley, yet, so carry on.

True, but saying something along the lines of "...if I was a URM..." is going to go down like a lead balloon. Or is it float like a lead balloon? Either way Ding bar or not, that's beyond th
e boundaries.

Yeah, I really hate when people don't use the subjunctive, too.

Illest burn bruh

"If I were..." hopeful law students. Shit.

As someone with a degree in English, my heart rejoices in this.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:02 pm

EttaJ wrote:

Could your admission's clowns be any more fake with their attitudes in their correspondences? I suppose you need some way of distinguishing yourself when your employment prospects are no longer T-14 worthy and when your most famous graduate is Ann Coulter. The only reason Penn and UVA can even tolerate you as a peer is because your name lets them become MVPs. I'm glad that I instead got into a school with so much RIGOR that I never have to worry about opening an LS related e-mail that contains the phrase "what the what."

Crow

Not to take away from Crowing (great post, btw)... But stop using "181." It's not a thing. Just like people who give 110%, it is literally impossible and cheapens the compliment. Try telling a girl she's an "11" sometime and see how that turns out for you.

slawww

Postby slawww » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:12 pm

chrisbru wrote:
EttaJ wrote:

Crow

Not to take away from Crowing (great post, btw)... But stop using "181." It's not a thing. Just like people who give 110%, it is literally impossible and cheapens the compliment. Try telling a girl she's an "11" sometime and see how that turns out for you.

I could give a 110% tip to a waiter/waitress if I want, so yeah, you can give 110%. Obviously this is a different context, but still.

2012Lsatscore

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:35 pm

Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kabootar

Postby Kabootar » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:46 pm

chrisbru wrote:
EttaJ wrote:

Crow

I understand, 101%

HBBJohnStamos

Postby HBBJohnStamos » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:55 pm

chrisbru wrote:
EttaJ wrote:

Crow

You would tell a girl that she's a "10" ?

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:58 pm

Grade inflation has gotten so bad that it's seeping into our idioms.

FallingHigher

Postby FallingHigher » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:59 pm

chrisbru wrote:
EttaJ wrote:

Crow

Goku proves you can give 110% and I trust in Goku.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3jqa ... o1_500.gif

Kabootar

Postby Kabootar » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:10 pm

FallingHigher wrote:
chrisbru wrote:
EttaJ wrote:

Crow

Goku proves you can give 110% and I trust in Goku.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3jqa ... o1_500.gif

YES. The legal world needs more Goku references.

cynthiad

Postby cynthiad » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:20 pm

HBBJohnStamos wrote:
chrisbru wrote:
EttaJ wrote:

Crow

FYI, as a girl, if someone told me I was any number it would not turn out well for them.

kingsfield69

Postby kingsfield69 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:29 pm

2012Lsatscore wrote:
chrisbru wrote:Not to take away from Crowing (great post, btw)... But stop using "181." It's not a thing. Just like people who give 110%, it is literally impossible and cheapens the compliment. Try telling a girl she's an "11" sometime and see how that turns out for you.

You're doing it wrong.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:40 pm

cynthiad wrote:
HBBJohnStamos wrote:
chrisbru wrote:
EttaJ wrote:

FYI, as a girl, if someone told me I was any number it would not turn out well for them.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”