THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lulz

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby lulz » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

Uschoolqb10 wrote:
FallingHigher wrote:Dearest Duke,

I know it has been awhile and that we agreed to a clean breakup but I am drunk on eggnog and must speak my mind. Before you came along with your big shiny books and flashy fee waivers I was content with tier 2. I was blissfully ignorant to all the t14s and the glories they hold. Now, I find myself before the bloodbath of rejections which January holds and I have you to blame.
You seemed genuine when you said you look beyond LSAT but that's was another lie. I have had three-ways which lasted longer than how long it took you to WL me. You and your forever video game suck. You totally missed out on me and my companion cube pillow.
May your children be blinded and mistake draino for koolaid.

Sincerely,

FH

That was awesome.

I get that the purpose of this thread is for people to whine, but honestly, just because you were rejected with low numbers does not mean that the school failed to "look past the numbers."

Dany

Postby Dany » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:40 am

lulz wrote:I get that the purpose of this thread is for people to whine, but honestly, just because you were rejected with low numbers does not mean that the school failed to "look past the numbers."

Go away.

Username123

Postby Username123 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:47 am

Dany wrote:
lulz wrote:I get that the purpose of this thread is for people to whine, but honestly, just because you were rejected with low numbers does not mean that the school failed to "look past the numbers."

Go away.

Seconded.

laxbrah420

Postby laxbrah420 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:05 am

Would it help you if you were told that everyone posting these things recognizes what you just posted but are trying to find comedy in a negative situation? If you continue to fail to recognize things like that, you're going to have a tough time on top-law-schools.com/forums. I'd reccommend trying to stay in the shadows for a bit longer and learn how the humor works before you start participating.

-If you find this helpful, please vote for Laxbrah420 for "Most helpful TLSer" when the poll is made on NYE.

FallingHigher

Postby FallingHigher » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:58 pm

lulz wrote:
Uschoolqb10 wrote:

I know it has been awhile and that we agreed to a clean breakup but I am drunk on eggnog and must speak my mind. Before you came along with your big shiny books and flashy fee waivers I was content with tier 2. I was blissfully ignorant to all the t14s and the glories they hold. Now, I find myself before the bloodbath of rejections which January holds and I have you to blame.
You seemed genuine when you said you look beyond LSAT but that's was another lie. I have had three-ways which lasted longer than how long it took you to WL me. You and your forever video game suck. You totally missed out on me and my companion cube pillow.

Sincerely,

FH

That was awesome.

I get that the purpose of this thread is for people to whine, but honestly, just because you were rejected with low numbers does not mean that the school failed to "look past the numbers."

Dear Timmy,

I know this is a time to grieve after your father passed away, but just because he died doesn't mean he is in heaven.

^^^^^
This is your logic. Look at it. LOOK AT IT!!!! Kicking a man while he is down. Tsk tsk.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:07 am

Uschoolqb10 wrote:
Dany wrote:

Go away.

Seconded.

Thirded (is that a word). ALSO - +1 to the others that responded. You are terrible, and clearly don't "get" the ding bar.

shaker2016

Postby shaker2016 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:01 pm

:shock: just spent the last 30 minutes reading this thread. Even the stuff from 2011 is interesting.

kingsfield69

Postby kingsfield69 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:28 pm

lulz wrote:
Uschoolqb10 wrote:

Sincerely,

FH

That was awesome.

If Duke reviews this thread, they should admit you on the basis of this post. 181.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:35 pm

kingsfield69 wrote:
lulz wrote:
Uschoolqb10 wrote:

Sincerely,

FH

That was awesome.

If Duke reviews this thread, they should admit you on the basis of this post. 181.

YMBNH.

kingsfield69

Postby kingsfield69 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:51 pm

No. Resisting your protocols.

Gratuitous "nice avatar, bro"

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:16 pm

kingsfield69 wrote:No. Resisting your protocols.

They're not my protocols, it just makes absolutely no sense. Like giving 110%, it's just not possible.

kingsfield69

Postby kingsfield69 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:05 pm

chrisbru wrote:
kingsfield69 wrote:No. Resisting your protocols.

They're not my protocols, it just makes absolutely no sense. Like giving 110%, it's just not possible.

Noted. It was a hyperbolic device in offering moral support.

FallingHigher

Postby FallingHigher » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:23 am

kingsfield69 wrote:
lulz wrote:
Uschoolqb10 wrote:

Sincerely,

FH

That was awesome.

I think ill just send it to them in a LOCI with my updated transcript.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:54 am

lol how have I missed this?

shaker2016

Postby shaker2016 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:46 pm

:mrgreen:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:lol how have I missed this?

I know, right?

I'll have a mint julep...in honor of the southern ivies I'm waiting on dings from...

rabbitrun

Postby rabbitrun » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:49 am

You seemed genuine when you said you look beyond LSAT but that's was another lie. I have had three-ways which lasted longer than how long it took you to WL me. You and your forever video game suck. You totally missed out on me and my Ucompanion cube pillow.

Sincerely,

FH

I'm going to need a companion cube next week when my Reach out of my league schools finally come to their senses and ding me as my bf and lsp have predicted.
Maybe if I quit now cake will be served immediately.

lovelydarkanddeep

Postby lovelydarkanddeep » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:45 am

Ah GW,

I can't even be witty. You broke my heart.

LD&D

cutebookwormxoxo

Postby cutebookwormxoxo » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:18 am

GW,
Thanks for not only rejecting me from early admissions, but regular admissions. Early admissions was tempting with the scholarship, but you know what, I've never been so happy to get a rejection.
I didn't want to go to DC anyway.
CB

pedestrian

Postby pedestrian » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:56 pm

FallingHigher wrote:You seemed genuine when you said you look beyond LSAT

"How do you evaluate an application" is sort of like, "Why did you leave your last job" or "What is your greatest weakness." Adcomms probably have their own TLS where they try to figure out what students want to hear and what other schools are saying.

I wonder who first thought of "holistic." That was a good one, "holistic."

romanticegotist

Postby romanticegotist » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:19 pm

pedestrian wrote:
FallingHigher wrote:You seemed genuine when you said you look beyond LSAT

"How do you evaluate an application" is sort of like, "Why did you leave your last job" or "What is your greatest weakness." Adcomms probably have their own TLS where they try to figure out what students want to hear and what other schools are saying.

I wonder who first thought of "holistic." That was a good one, "holistic."

Oh god holistic. I live in Austin atm and so that's all I hear about everything. Even my general counsel uses it and I'm like 'this is, um, the law. holistic doesn't really factor in what we are doing.'

My personal favorite is 'While GPA and LSAT are important factors the admissions department seeks to look beyond just the numbers to form a diverse class.'

meliketoparty

Postby meliketoparty » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:15 pm

Dear Dean Shitpants of William and Mary:

I had this whole letter planned out in my mind for weeks. But then I was accepted ED by a school that seemed legitimately interested in me, and I forgot all about you.....mostly.

Look, hag, I just wanna say the questions you asked me were dumb as fuck. I'm definitely a non-traditionally aged student, which is evident by my resume, etc. Yet, the first question you ask me is about my extra-curriculars? While I do have them, (and they're on my damn resume - just read it) I wanted to say "Yeah - my main extra-curricular was being married and financially supporting my spouse..." How about a more reasonable question, like "Why go to college at X age?" But even more strange was when I offered all of that effusive praise for a unique program offered at WM (that directly linked to my service experience) and you offered me a blank, WTF look. Way to go.

Whatever. You broke my heart for a time there, Dean Shitpants. I naively fell for the "holistic" spiel. But I am lucky I'll be headed to a place that actually appears to have evaluated me holistically, given that my LSAT is not at the 25th percentile.

Well, I forgot about all the other stuff I was going to say.

nickb285

Postby nickb285 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:29 pm

Dear Texas: You were my first rejection, but I think it upset you more than it did me--after all, you're the one who sent me an email at 2AM telling me that we would never be together. That's not healthy behavior, Texas. Are you drinking again? You know what you're like when you drink. But if you insist on pushing me away, I suppose there's nothing that I can do. Just like you do every year, you're running back to what you know--65% of your class will be people from your own neighborhood. When you reached out to me with that fee waiver, I thought that maybe you had changed, maybe there was a chance that you'd let me in, but I can see now that you were just sending those out so that when your friends asked you, you could tell them that YOU rejected ME, and not the other way around.

I hope your incoming class fills the emptiness in your life. I hope they make you very happy, Texas, I really do. But if you don't change, this cycle is going to repeat itself for you, year after year, and I can't be a part of it. I have too many other options in my life to be stuck on you.

Take care of yourself, Texas.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:40 pm

nickb285 wrote:Dear Texas: You were my first rejection, but I think it upset you more than it did me--after all, you're the one who sent me an email at 2AM telling me that we would never be together. That's not healthy behavior, Texas. Are you drinking again? You know what you're like when you drink. But if you insist on pushing me away, I suppose there's nothing that I can do. Just like you do every year, you're running back to what you know--65% of your class will be people from your own neighborhood. When you reached out to me with that fee waiver, I thought that maybe you had changed, maybe there was a chance that you'd let me in, but I can see now that you were just sending those out so that when your friends asked you, you could tell them that YOU rejected ME, and not the other way around.

I hope your incoming class fills the emptiness in your life. I hope they make you very happy, Texas, I really do. But if you don't change, this cycle is going to repeat itself for you, year after year, and I can't be a part of it. I have too many other options in my life to be stuck on you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hhockberger

Postby hhockberger » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:20 pm

nickb285 wrote:Dear Texas: You were my first rejection, but I think it upset you more than it did me--after all, you're the one who sent me an email at 2AM telling me that we would never be together. That's not healthy behavior, Texas. Are you drinking again? You know what you're like when you drink. But if you insist on pushing me away, I suppose there's nothing that I can do. Just like you do every year, you're running back to what you know--65% of your class will be people from your own neighborhood. When you reached out to me with that fee waiver, I thought that maybe you had changed, maybe there was a chance that you'd let me in, but I can see now that you were just sending those out so that when your friends asked you, you could tell them that YOU rejected ME, and not the other way around.

Last edited by hhockberger on Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moonman157

Postby moonman157 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:33 pm

Dearest Penn,

I am just so honored to have received an invitation to your waitlist! I feel like a schoolgirl asked to the prom. I will be sure to RSVP as soon as I figure out my schedule and other plans for that evening, although I cannot imagine anything taking precedent over your lovely waitlist. I'll also have to find something very fancy to wear. Seriously, though, fuck you and your hatred of splitters. I look forward to hearing back from you in May, begging for me to enroll so that your median doesn't slip to TTT levels.

May your reputation be forever associated with a child rapist,

Moonman

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”