THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby gravityrides0 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:56 pm

I apologized, so we can move on-- sry you're not over it yet?

zsu
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby zsu » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:02 pm

imjustjoking22 wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
fakehunter wrote:Dear NYU,

My wealthy father/alumnus got hopeful when you took so long to respond to me. Your lack of even a waitlist spot for me means saying goodbye to lots of contributions. Oops.


daddy may have some money, but you're gonna be a failure of a human being if you don't keep that attitude in check. because you almost just made me throw up <3 <3


Re: everyone who thought I was being harsh, I guess I was. I just though you came off as very self-entitled and snobby, which I personally don't see as good qualities. I'm sorry if you were joking and/or didn't mean to come off like that


Out. Get out.


+1

Loved the original post, keep it comin fakehunter

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby gravityrides0 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:59 pm

Damn, I get really excited every time I see a new post in here, thinking someone has a witty ding bar post...

but nope. it's just a bunch of people who still aren't over my sarcastic 2-sentence response to rich NYU guy. I bet even he's over it and just as bored with it as I am. yawwwn... but really, this is more attention than I've gotten all week! thanks!!!

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:11 pm

Dear Penn,

This is just a brief note to let you know how I feel. I dreamed about you for so long that I can't just let you go. I know now my love was unrequited, but it was heartfelt and pure - it deserves testimony still.

I didn't care about the fact that you blatantly game the US News rankings.
(http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm? ... id=1958366 - pages 44-46).

I didn't care about the fact that my overseas family have never heard of you, and even educated Americans are unaware that you are part of the Ivy league.

I didn't care about the fact that your coaching staff concealed a pedophile.

It didn't concern me that your city has been declining since the Constitutional Convention.

I was even able to avoid thinking about the fact that you're only really known for your business school.

I just wanted you to want me.

I'm sorry I wasn't good enough. I'm not sure what I was lacking - but I've been in that situation before. I will be crying myself to sleep in New Haven next year, a Philly cheese steak by my bedside table.

With love, still

AP

Dancers4eva
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:46 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Dancers4eva » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:51 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
fakehunter wrote:Dear NYU,

My wealthy father/alumnus got hopeful when you took so long to respond to me. Your lack of even a waitlist spot for me means saying goodbye to lots of contributions. Oops.


daddy may have some money, but you're gonna be a failure of a human being if you don't keep that attitude in check. because you almost just made me throw up <3 <3


If history has told us anything, it's that those born into wealth turn into abject failures.


Oh, if things were only so simple.

User avatar
USMCMatt
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:57 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby USMCMatt » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:15 pm

AntipodeanPhil wrote:
I didn't care about the fact that your coaching staff concealed a pedophile.



Pretty sure that was Penn State...not UPenn. Just Sayin. ;)

User avatar
lrslayer
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby lrslayer » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:17 pm

USMCMatt wrote:
AntipodeanPhil wrote:
I didn't care about the fact that your coaching staff concealed a pedophile.



Pretty sure that was Penn State...not UPenn. Just Sayin. ;)

I think that's the joke ;-)

Nobody
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Nobody » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:28 pm

AntipodeanPhil wrote:Dear Penn,

This is just a brief note to let you know how I feel. I dreamed about you for so long that I can't just let you go. I know now my love was unrequited, but it was heartfelt and pure - it deserves testimony still.

I didn't care about the fact that you blatantly game the US News rankings.
(http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm? ... id=1958366 - pages 44-46).

I didn't care about the fact that my overseas family have never heard of you, and even educated Americans are unaware that you are part of the Ivy league.

I didn't care about the fact that your coaching staff concealed a pedophile.

It didn't concern me that your city has been declining since the Constitutional Convention.

I was even able to avoid thinking about the fact that you're only really known for your business school.

I just wanted you to want me.

I'm sorry I wasn't good enough. I'm not sure what I was lacking - but I've been in that situation before. I will be crying myself to sleep in New Haven next year, a Philly cheese steak by my bedside table.

With love, still

AP



This was good enough that it makes me feel bad that I'm going to Penn.

User avatar
USMCMatt
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:57 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby USMCMatt » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:35 pm

lrslayer wrote:
USMCMatt wrote:
AntipodeanPhil wrote:
I didn't care about the fact that your coaching staff concealed a pedophile.



Pretty sure that was Penn State...not UPenn. Just Sayin. ;)

I think that's the joke ;-)


Good point...

azgirl514
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:39 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby azgirl514 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:44 pm

msblaw89 wrote:The DING BAR is for bitching. Let everyone say whatever they want..not matter how untrue, weird, annoying, disturbing it is. I am sick of people critiquing others for what they write. WHO CARES! I think everyone is entitled to say whatever they feel like after being dinged or WL without other TLSers making them feel worse..


Well said! I completely agree.

imjustjoking22
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:46 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby imjustjoking22 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:34 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:I apologized, so we can move on-- sry you're not over it yet?


Your apology sucked...hth. Not that the op didn't come off as a bit of an insufferable prick, but the judge-y holier-than-thou attitude doesn't come off well ;)

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby gravityrides0 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:39 pm

imjustjoking22 wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:I apologized, so we can move on-- sry you're not over it yet?


Your apology sucked...hth. Not that the op didn't come off as a bit of an insufferable prick, but the judge-y holier-than-thou attitude doesn't come off well ;)



i'm bored and a judgmental bitch, you're very annoying, let's just move on.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby 20130312 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:41 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:
imjustjoking22 wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:I apologized, so we can move on-- sry you're not over it yet?


Your apology sucked...hth. Not that the op didn't come off as a bit of an insufferable prick, but the judge-y holier-than-thou attitude doesn't come off well ;)



i'm bored and a judgmental bitch, you're very annoying, let's just move on.


This again? :|

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:53 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
imjustjoking22 wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:I apologized, so we can move on-- sry you're not over it yet?


Your apology sucked...hth. Not that the op didn't come off as a bit of an insufferable prick, but the judge-y holier-than-thou attitude doesn't come off well ;)



i'm bored and a judgmental bitch, you're very annoying, let's just move on.


This again? :|


Nope! New topic... I just want to reiterate how much I hate Michigan for rejecting me and their reverse discrimination policies!

User avatar
MTBike
Posts: 261
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:19 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby MTBike » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:54 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
Nope! New topic... I just want to reiterate how much I hate Michigan for rejecting me and their reverse discrimination policies!


FTFY
Last edited by MTBike on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby gravityrides0 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:54 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
Nope! New topic... I just want to reiterate how much I hate Michigan for rejecting me and their reverse discrimination policies!

+1

nametaken
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby nametaken » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:58 pm

Dear UVA,

The only reason I was "confused" by your waitlist email was because after 4 months of silence, way better acceptances, and a full ride from a T6 school, I forgot I even applied to you. Withdrawn.

User avatar
BarcaCrossesTheAlps
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 11:43 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:18 pm

nametaken wrote:Dear UVA,

The only reason I was "confused" by your waitlist email was because after 4 months of silence, way better acceptances, and a full ride from a T6 school, I forgot I even applied to you. Withdrawn.



Whoa! BOOM! :shock:

You should email that to them.... LOL.

TheDoof
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby TheDoof » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:21 pm

Dear George Mason,

Suck on my butthole. You were not a good fit for me. I rejected you in spirit long before you rejected me in writing. Your neo-conservative base would not have done well with my radical moderate politics, and since reality has a slightly liberal bias anyway, the fact that you dogmatically propound an ignorant, privileged view of the world only would have ensured my constant nausea in your hallways. In short, you don't deserve me. Your degree is not sufficient to wipe my ass. Keep shooting for a top-30 spot so I will be assured years of humor, at least as long as I give a rat's ass to pay attention. I'll likely forget your name by tomorrow.

You have my best wishes for a school that eventually might matter.

Sincerely,

Insincere Applicant

User avatar
vpintz
Posts: 1408
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby vpintz » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:23 pm

TheDoof wrote:Dear George Mason,

Suck on my butthole. You were not a good fit for me. I rejected you in spirit long before you rejected me in writing. Your neo-conservative base would not have done well with my radical moderate politics, and since reality has a slightly liberal bias anyway, the fact that you dogmatically propound an ignorant, privileged view of the world only would have ensured my constant nausea in your hallways. In short, you don't deserve me. Your degree is not sufficient to wipe my ass. Keep shooting for a top-30 spot so I will be assured years of humor, at least as long as I give a rat's ass to pay attention. I'll likely forget your name by tomorrow.

You have my best wishes for a school that eventually might matter.

Sincerely,

Insincere Applicant

Fantastic. =D

nfohey
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:06 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby nfohey » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:25 pm

TheDoof wrote:Dear George Mason,

Suck on my butthole. You were not a good fit for me. I rejected you in spirit long before you rejected me in writing. Your neo-conservative base would not have done well with my radical moderate politics, and since reality has a slightly liberal bias anyway, the fact that you dogmatically propound an ignorant, privileged view of the world only would have ensured my constant nausea in your hallways. In short, you don't deserve me. Your degree is not sufficient to wipe my ass. Keep shooting for a top-30 spot so I will be assured years of humor, at least as long as I give a rat's ass to pay attention. I'll likely forget your name by tomorrow.

You have my best wishes for a school that eventually might matter.

Sincerely,

Insincere Applicant



Bahaha. You had me at "suck on my butthole."

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby EMZE » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:30 pm

TheDoof wrote:Dear George Mason,

Suck on my butthole.


Bottom line up front. I like it.

TheDoof wrote: my radical moderate politics


I think this is the joke, but I'm trying to figure out what it would mean in practicality. Radically non-commital?

Either way, it's good.

checkster
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby checkster » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:34 pm

nfohey wrote:
TheDoof wrote:Dear George Mason,

Suck on my butthole. You were not a good fit for me. I rejected you in spirit long before you rejected me in writing. Your neo-conservative base would not have done well with my radical moderate politics, and since reality has a slightly liberal bias anyway, the fact that you dogmatically propound an ignorant, privileged view of the world only would have ensured my constant nausea in your hallways. In short, you don't deserve me. Your degree is not sufficient to wipe my ass. Keep shooting for a top-30 spot so I will be assured years of humor, at least as long as I give a rat's ass to pay attention. I'll likely forget your name by tomorrow.

You have my best wishes for a school that eventually might matter.

Sincerely,

Insincere Applicant



Bahaha. You had me at "suck on my butthole."

TITCR

TheDoof
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby TheDoof » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:36 pm

... and who wants to attend a school named after a character on the hit TV show "24" anyway? How prestigious could that be?

User avatar
USMCMatt
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:57 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby USMCMatt » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:06 pm

TheDoof wrote:... and who wants to attend a school named after a character on the hit TV show "24" anyway? How prestigious could that be?



LOL...but you can't be TOO mad...with a 148.

Damn squids!!! You still in OC?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aldrich, goldenbear2020, Jlyyep, myrik, WillJay and 8 guests