THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kurst

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Kurst » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:48 pm

thelong wrote:Dear Michigan (WL),

WTF? I retook the LSAT a third time just to have a score good enough to get in. That's how bad I wanted to head back to Michigan. I told you time and time again before and after I got my score that I'd attend if I got in. I demonstrated academic aptitude, a real desire to go to Michigan, I brought experiences to the table that I doubt any of your other applicants could boast, and I wrote my Why Michigan outlining not just my reasons for Michigan but carefully pointing out the support network I would have in place in Ann Arbor.

And, despite all of that, I get booted onto the WL? I said I wasn't going to take a rejection or waitlist with any manner of grace. So, here goes:

Michigan, go ahead and eat a ten pound sack of mixed putrefying elephant dick and foreskin cheese. Enjoy your trip down the rankings ladder, your weakening employment numbers and placement and your frigid winters. Maybe you'll be able to claw your way back to seventh place, but never higher, if you quit throwing darts at a wall of applications and calling it a holistic admissions procedure.

I take a shit in your hat you slow-moving troupe of ninnyhammers.

Sincerely, TheLong

Sounds like AnBryce worked out. Congrats! :)

(Tiago, Tiago, where are you Tiago?)

thelong

Postby thelong » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:49 pm

Kurst wrote:

WTF? I retook the LSAT a third time just to have a score good enough to get in. That's how bad I wanted to head back to Michigan. I told you time and time again before and after I got my score that I'd attend if I got in. I demonstrated academic aptitude, a real desire to go to Michigan, I brought experiences to the table that I doubt any of your other applicants could boast, and I wrote my Why Michigan outlining not just my reasons for Michigan but carefully pointing out the support network I would have in place in Ann Arbor.

And, despite all of that, I get booted onto the WL? I said I wasn't going to take a rejection or waitlist with any manner of grace. So, here goes:

Michigan, go ahead and eat a ten pound sack of mixed putrefying elephant dick and foreskin cheese. Enjoy your trip down the rankings ladder, your weakening employment numbers and placement and your frigid winters. Maybe you'll be able to claw your way back to seventh place, but never higher, if you quit throwing darts at a wall of applications and calling it a holistic admissions procedure.

Sincerely, TheLong

Sounds like AnBryce worked out. Congrats! :)

(Tiago, Tiago, where are you Tiago?)

Haha, here's hoping. My interview is this week!

justicefishy

Postby justicefishy » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:20 pm

Dear NYU,

I only applied to you because I could just find/replace out Columbia in my personal statement.

Love from Philly,

Justicefishy

DaftAndDirect

Postby DaftAndDirect » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:32 pm

justicefishy wrote:Dear NYU,

I only applied to you because I could just find/replace out Columbia in my personal statement.

Love from Philly,

Justicefishy

Crushed it. Awesome.

Onthebrink

Postby Onthebrink » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:33 pm

Sincerely, TheLong

His level of awesomeness.....it's over 9000!

alwayslovely

Postby alwayslovely » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:07 am

Dear Emory WL,

**Smise** No, thanks.

AlwaysLovely
Last edited by alwayslovely on Fri May 18, 2012 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nulli Secundus

Postby Nulli Secundus » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:37 am

Dear Harvard,

As a 30 year old international, you were never sure about my love but believe it or not (and TLS certainly did), I did love you.

When you told me to wait last year, I did not. It was not because I needed a more direct validation or I was prideful, I just really wanted and honestly believed the time remaining was not enough.

However, you decided to end things rather abruptly. Misunderstandings? What I deserved? Doesn't matter now. This part of my life ends and another begins. Thanks anyway.

Jsa725

Postby Jsa725 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:30 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:31 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:Dear Harvard,

As a 30 year old international, you were never sure about my love but believe it or not (and TLS certainly did), I did love you.

When you told me to wait last year, I did not. It was not because I needed a more direct validation or I was prideful, I just really wanted and honestly believed the time remaining was not enough.

However, you decided to end things rather abruptly. Misunderstandings? What I deserved? Doesn't matter now. This part of my life ends and another begins. Thanks anyway.

Nulli: Harvard's loss. The new part of your life will be better. No doubt.

fakehunter

Postby fakehunter » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Dear NYU,

My wealthy father/alumnus got hopeful when you took so long to respond to me. Your lack of even a waitlist spot for me means saying goodbye to lots of contributions. Oops.

Dancers4eva

Postby Dancers4eva » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:32 pm

fakehunter wrote:Dear NYU,

My wealthy father/alumnus got hopeful when you took so long to respond to me. Your lack of even a waitlist spot for me means saying goodbye to lots of contributions. Oops.

gag

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:39 pm

Jsa725 wrote:Dear GMU-

EABOD. Let me be helpful- click here Thanks for actually performing a holistic approach to my application. Had you taken the time to read my PS, Addendum's, and Optional Statements you would have realized that I am a stellar candidate. Let me refresh your memory: 1) unlike Rick Moranis in the timely classic "Honey I shrunk the Kids (1989)" , I actually patented a real shrink gun, and 2) I drafted legislation, which I sent to congress, on how the shrink ray could save our ever expanding prison system- including language that changes/expands the definition of "Cruel and Unusual Punishment" in the 8th Amendment to make "the shrinking of inmates" a lawful act.

Next time read the entire application! Numbers aren't always everything :D

Maybe you accidentally used the word "Addendum's" somewhere in your application :|

Jsa725

Postby Jsa725 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:53 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sunynp

Postby sunynp » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:36 pm

Jsa725 wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:
Jsa725 wrote:Dear GMU-

EABOD. Let me be helpful- click here Thanks for actually performing a holistic approach to my application. Had you taken the time to read my PS, Addendum's, and Optional Statements you would have realized that I am a stellar candidate. Let me refresh your memory: 1) unlike Rick Moranis in the timely classic "Honey I shrunk the Kids (1989)" , I actually patented a real shrink gun, and 2) I drafted legislation, which I sent to congress, on how the shrink ray could save our ever expanding prison system- including language that changes/expands the definition of "Cruel and Unusual Punishment" in the 8th Amendment to make "the shrinking of inmates" a lawful act.

Next time read the entire application! Numbers aren't always everything :D

Maybe you accidentally used the word "Addendum's" somewhere in your application :|

... I was waiting to see if someone was keen enough to get that joke :D

Maybe they are worried about the character of someone who wants to shrink prisoners? :lol:

DaftAndDirect

Postby DaftAndDirect » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:37 pm

Dancers4eva wrote:

gag

This is the ding bar so you know...whatever. But I gagged as well.

gravityrides0

Postby gravityrides0 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:51 pm

daddy may have some money, but you're gonna be a failure of a human being if you don't keep that attitude in check. because you almost just made me throw up <3 <3

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:55 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:

daddy may have some money, but you're gonna be a failure of a human being if you don't keep that attitude in check. because you almost just made me throw up <3 <3

If history has told us anything, it's that those born into wealth turn into abject failures.

fakehunter

Postby fakehunter » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:01 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:

Yes, because everything else on this thread is so respectable. I know none of you know me, but c'mon, cut me some slack. I would never say anything like this IRL - this is just a place to get bitching out. And really, my dad did declare that he wouldn't give any money any more, so... It's not like I asked him to stop.

lrslayer

Postby lrslayer » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:46 pm

lrslayer wrote:Image

it is the ding bar. people can make vomitous comments to their hearts content in here!

chickenalfredo

Postby chickenalfredo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:14 am

fakehunter wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:

Yes, because everything else on this thread is so respectable. I know none of you know me, but c'mon, cut me some slack. I would never say anything like this IRL - this is just a place to get bitching out. And really, my dad did declare that he wouldn't give any money any more, so... It's not like I asked him to stop.

Yeah they are being a bit too harsh on you

goldenflash19

Postby goldenflash19 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:01 am

fakehunter wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with your post. It's the Ding Bar, for god's sake. Guess you can say NYU's decision was their loss (both on you as a student and the contribution $$$).

adam1

Postby adam1 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:09 am

goldenflash19 wrote:
fakehunter wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with your post. It's the Ding Bar, for god's sake. Guess you can say NYU's decision was their loss (both on you as a student and the contribution $$$).

I love the idea of coming to the Ding Bar to deride a school for its integrity, which incidentally loses said school money in this professional culture (surprise!).

gravityrides0

Postby gravityrides0 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:11 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:

Re: everyone who thought I was being harsh, I guess I was. I just though you came off as very self-entitled and snobby, which I personally don't see as good qualities. I'm sorry if you were joking and/or didn't mean to come off like that

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:18 pm

The DING BAR is for bitching. Let everyone say whatever they want..not matter how untrue, weird, annoying, disturbing it is. I am sick of people critiquing others for what they write. WHO CARES! I think everyone is entitled to say whatever they feel like after being dinged or WL without other TLSers making them feel worse..

imjustjoking22

Postby imjustjoking22 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:42 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:

Re: everyone who thought I was being harsh, I guess I was. I just though you came off as very self-entitled and snobby, which I personally don't see as good qualities. I'm sorry if you were joking and/or didn't mean to come off like that

Out. Get out.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”