THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
vpintz
Posts: 1408
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby vpintz » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:53 pm

Geneva wrote:
miy wrote:WL'd at Baylor. I tried to start writing a legit LOCI, and it very quickly turned into this:

ABC, Director of Admissions and Student Recruitment,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to confirm my genuine interest in Baylor University’s School of Law. While I appreciate the opportunity to be on your institution’s prestigious waitlist, it is a seat in your establishment that I remain truly attracted to. As an inductee in the Cotton Mather’s Young Stars of America (thanks in large part to my conservative Baptist upbringing), I believe I can fill that seat admirably.

While many students are attracted to Baylor Law School solely because of its strong regional academic reputation, my interest is rooted mainly in the booming metropolis of Waco. Although it is common knowledge that Waco smells horribly, I was blessed at birth with a disorder called Anosmia, or the inability to process smells. I believe this “disease” (as my doctors so often say) will in fact allow me to thrive in your institution. After all, if the Bible taught me anything, it taught me that Jesus rarely followed his nose.

In light of this previously undisclosed information, I hope that you will immediately reconsider my application for admission to your full-time program.

Also, please disregard my GPA entirely.

Your hopeful student,

miy

You are way too funny to go to law school and certainly too intelligent for Baylor. Just saying.

+1

chemE_envlaw
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:02 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby chemE_envlaw » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:01 am

hypothalamus wrote:Dear Harvard, (hold... for now)

I hate you for not ending my misery painlessly. But I hate myself even more for still wanting you, despite the way you've been toying with my feelings.

Still hypothalamically yours,
me


I love this post.

User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Jsa725 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:36 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby hypothalamus » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:32 am

How is NO ONE getting dinged these days? The bar is starting to feel like a very lonely place.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby msblaw89 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:46 am

hypothalamus wrote:How is NO ONE getting dinged these days? The bar is starting to feel like a very lonely place.


I think quite a few of out cycles are over

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby hypothalamus » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:49 am

msblaw89 wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:How is NO ONE getting dinged these days? The bar is starting to feel like a very lonely place.


I think quite a few of out cycles are over


This makes me sad :(

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby msblaw89 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:52 am

hypothalamus wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:How is NO ONE getting dinged these days? The bar is starting to feel like a very lonely place.


I think quite a few of out cycles are over


This makes me sad :(


What schools are still accepting applications so we can keep this thing going!!!

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby hypothalamus » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:55 am

msblaw89 wrote:What schools are still accepting applications so we can keep this thing going!!!


Sadly, the Pacific McGeorge School of Law stopped accepting applications on March 15, as they kindly notified me in their 87th email of one-way communication. So that's a bust.

checkster
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby checkster » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:58 am

Whatever RWU is, they send dickthousand emails a day. I will offer someone 25 bropoints to post a pic of a rejection letter from them.

nfohey
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:06 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby nfohey » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:11 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:What schools are still accepting applications so we can keep this thing going!!!


Sadly, the Pacific McGeorge School of Law stopped accepting applications on March 15, as they kindly notified me in their 87th email of one-way communication. So that's a bust.


Only 87th? I think I topped out at around 115. :D

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby hypothalamus » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:16 pm

nfohey wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:What schools are still accepting applications so we can keep this thing going!!!


Sadly, the Pacific McGeorge School of Law stopped accepting applications on March 15, as they kindly notified me in their 87th email of one-way communication. So that's a bust.


Only 87th? I think I topped out at around 115. :D


I think the remaining 28 might have landed right into my spam folder :D

justicefishy
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby justicefishy » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:32 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
nfohey wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:What schools are still accepting applications so we can keep this thing going!!!


Sadly, the Pacific McGeorge School of Law stopped accepting applications on March 15, as they kindly notified me in their 87th email of one-way communication. So that's a bust.


Only 87th? I think I topped out at around 115. :D


I think the remaining 28 might have landed right into my spam folder :D


Hey, Regent asked me to apply yesterday!

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby JoeMo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:33 pm

checkster wrote:Whatever RWU is, they send dickthousand emails a day. I will offer someone 25 bropoints to post a pic of a rejection letter from them.


Hahaha... that's my local school. Roger Williams University. Did not get rejected though so can't help you with that.

User avatar
cactuarX3
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby cactuarX3 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:38 pm

i think the most desperate TTT email I've seen was from Regent with the subject line "are we reaching cactuarX3?"

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:44 pm

cactuarX3 wrote:i think the most desperate TTT email I've seen was from Regent with the subject line "are we reaching cactuarX3?"


Yes, that was sad.

AlmostOver
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:06 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby AlmostOver » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:46 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
cactuarX3 wrote:i think the most desperate TTT email I've seen was from Regent with the subject line "are we reaching cactuarX3?"


Yes, that was sad.



+1

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby hypothalamus » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:14 pm

justicefishy wrote:Hey, Regent asked me to apply yesterday!


DO IT! But make sure you misspell the school's name and some very simple words in your PS to help you on the way to ding :D

User avatar
vpintz
Posts: 1408
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby vpintz » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:16 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
justicefishy wrote:Hey, Regent asked me to apply yesterday!


DO IT! But make sure you misspell the school's name and some very simple words in your PS to help you on the way to ding :D

I should apply and focus my PS on how much of a raging radical queer feminist I am.

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby hypothalamus » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:20 pm

vpintz wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:
justicefishy wrote:Hey, Regent asked me to apply yesterday!


DO IT! But make sure you misspell the school's name and some very simple words in your PS to help you on the way to ding :D

I should apply and focus my PS on how much of a raging radical queer feminist I am.


Maybe they'd like you for their diversity quota though :|

Or was Regent the super religious one?

justicefishy
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby justicefishy » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:24 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
vpintz wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:
justicefishy wrote:Hey, Regent asked me to apply yesterday!


DO IT! But make sure you misspell the school's name and some very simple words in your PS to help you on the way to ding :D

I should apply and focus my PS on how much of a raging radical queer feminist I am.


Maybe they'd like you for their diversity quota though :|

Or was Regent the super religious one?


So so religious. Maybe I'll do a PS about how I want to defend a woman's right to choose.

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby hypothalamus » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:26 pm

justicefishy wrote:So so religious. Maybe I'll do a PS about how I want to defend a woman's right to choose.


Noooooo, write it in defense of forcing religious organizations to cover birth control in their insurance plans! :D :D :D

josh43299
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:29 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby josh43299 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:38 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
vpintz wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:
justicefishy wrote:Hey, Regent asked me to apply yesterday!


DO IT! But make sure you misspell the school's name and some very simple words in your PS to help you on the way to ding :D

I should apply and focus my PS on how much of a raging radical queer feminist I am.


Maybe they'd like you for their diversity quota though :|

Or was Regent the super religious one?


From Wikipedia: "Regent University is a private coeducational interdenominational Christian university located in Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States. The school was founded by the American televangelist Pat Robertson in 1978 as Christian Broadcasting Network University...In addition to the academic requirements of the university, the admissions process also places emphasis on personal statements and recommendation letters. According to Regent, the school seeks students who are "dedicated to becoming Christian leaders who will change the world for Christ" and want "to receive a legal education integrated with Christian principles."

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby hypothalamus » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:40 pm

josh43299 wrote:From Wikipedia: "Regent University is a private coeducational interdenominational Christian university located in Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States. The school was founded by the American televangelist Pat Robertson in 1978 as Christian Broadcasting Network University...In addition to the academic requirements of the university, the admissions process also places emphasis on personal statements and recommendation letters. According to Regent, the school seeks students who are "dedicated to becoming Christian leaders who will change the world for Christ" and want "to receive a legal education integrated with Christian principles."


I don't know about you guys, but I'm thinking of skipping that silly law school thing and just becoming a Televangelist.

josh43299
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:29 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby josh43299 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:51 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
josh43299 wrote:From Wikipedia: "Regent University is a private coeducational interdenominational Christian university located in Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States. The school was founded by the American televangelist Pat Robertson in 1978 as Christian Broadcasting Network University...In addition to the academic requirements of the university, the admissions process also places emphasis on personal statements and recommendation letters. According to Regent, the school seeks students who are "dedicated to becoming Christian leaders who will change the world for Christ" and want "to receive a legal education integrated with Christian principles."


I don't know about you guys, but I'm thinking of skipping that silly law school thing and just becoming a Televangelist.


Nah, but my backup plan has always been to start a cult.

User avatar
abbottsbar
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby abbottsbar » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:06 pm

I know that Charlotte is still accepting apps, and in their email they are pre-emptively awarding scholarships, WTF?

I think I've gotten 732 emails from St. Thomas...Lord knows how much I'd enjoy 3 years in Miami with absolutely no job prospects coming out of that.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”