THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
vpintz

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby vpintz » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:53 pm

Geneva wrote:
miy wrote:WL'd at Baylor. I tried to start writing a legit LOCI, and it very quickly turned into this:

ABC, Director of Admissions and Student Recruitment,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to confirm my genuine interest in Baylor University’s School of Law. While I appreciate the opportunity to be on your institution’s prestigious waitlist, it is a seat in your establishment that I remain truly attracted to. As an inductee in the Cotton Mather’s Young Stars of America (thanks in large part to my conservative Baptist upbringing), I believe I can fill that seat admirably.

While many students are attracted to Baylor Law School solely because of its strong regional academic reputation, my interest is rooted mainly in the booming metropolis of Waco. Although it is common knowledge that Waco smells horribly, I was blessed at birth with a disorder called Anosmia, or the inability to process smells. I believe this “disease” (as my doctors so often say) will in fact allow me to thrive in your institution. After all, if the Bible taught me anything, it taught me that Jesus rarely followed his nose.

In light of this previously undisclosed information, I hope that you will immediately reconsider my application for admission to your full-time program.

Also, please disregard my GPA entirely.

Your hopeful student,

miy

You are way too funny to go to law school and certainly too intelligent for Baylor. Just saying.

+1

chemE_envlaw

Postby chemE_envlaw » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:01 am

hypothalamus wrote:Dear Harvard, (hold... for now)

I hate you for not ending my misery painlessly. But I hate myself even more for still wanting you, despite the way you've been toying with my feelings.

Still hypothalamically yours,
me

I love this post.

Jsa725

Postby Jsa725 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:36 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:32 am

How is NO ONE getting dinged these days? The bar is starting to feel like a very lonely place.

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:46 am

hypothalamus wrote:How is NO ONE getting dinged these days? The bar is starting to feel like a very lonely place.

I think quite a few of out cycles are over

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:49 am

msblaw89 wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:How is NO ONE getting dinged these days? The bar is starting to feel like a very lonely place.

This makes me sad :(

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:52 am

hypothalamus wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:

This makes me sad :(

What schools are still accepting applications so we can keep this thing going!!!

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:55 am

msblaw89 wrote:What schools are still accepting applications so we can keep this thing going!!!

Sadly, the Pacific McGeorge School of Law stopped accepting applications on March 15, as they kindly notified me in their 87th email of one-way communication. So that's a bust.

checkster

Postby checkster » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:58 am

Whatever RWU is, they send dickthousand emails a day. I will offer someone 25 bropoints to post a pic of a rejection letter from them.

nfohey

Postby nfohey » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:11 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:What schools are still accepting applications so we can keep this thing going!!!

Sadly, the Pacific McGeorge School of Law stopped accepting applications on March 15, as they kindly notified me in their 87th email of one-way communication. So that's a bust.

Only 87th? I think I topped out at around 115. :D

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:16 pm

nfohey wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:

I think the remaining 28 might have landed right into my spam folder :D

justicefishy

Postby justicefishy » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:32 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
nfohey wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:

I think the remaining 28 might have landed right into my spam folder :D

Hey, Regent asked me to apply yesterday!

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:33 pm

checkster wrote:Whatever RWU is, they send dickthousand emails a day. I will offer someone 25 bropoints to post a pic of a rejection letter from them.

Hahaha... that's my local school. Roger Williams University. Did not get rejected though so can't help you with that.

cactuarX3

Postby cactuarX3 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:38 pm

i think the most desperate TTT email I've seen was from Regent with the subject line "are we reaching cactuarX3?"

fingerscrossedxx

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:44 pm

cactuarX3 wrote:i think the most desperate TTT email I've seen was from Regent with the subject line "are we reaching cactuarX3?"

Yes, that was sad.

AlmostOver

Postby AlmostOver » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:46 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
cactuarX3 wrote:i think the most desperate TTT email I've seen was from Regent with the subject line "are we reaching cactuarX3?"

Yes, that was sad.

+1

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:14 pm

justicefishy wrote:Hey, Regent asked me to apply yesterday!

DO IT! But make sure you misspell the school's name and some very simple words in your PS to help you on the way to ding :D

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:16 pm

hypothalamus wrote:

DO IT! But make sure you misspell the school's name and some very simple words in your PS to help you on the way to ding :D

I should apply and focus my PS on how much of a raging radical queer feminist I am.

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:20 pm

vpintz wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:

I should apply and focus my PS on how much of a raging radical queer feminist I am.

Maybe they'd like you for their diversity quota though :|

Or was Regent the super religious one?

justicefishy

Postby justicefishy » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:24 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
vpintz wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:

So so religious. Maybe I'll do a PS about how I want to defend a woman's right to choose.

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:26 pm

justicefishy wrote:So so religious. Maybe I'll do a PS about how I want to defend a woman's right to choose.

Noooooo, write it in defense of forcing religious organizations to cover birth control in their insurance plans! :D :D :D

josh43299

Postby josh43299 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:38 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
vpintz wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:

From Wikipedia: "Regent University is a private coeducational interdenominational Christian university located in Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States. The school was founded by the American televangelist Pat Robertson in 1978 as Christian Broadcasting Network University...In addition to the academic requirements of the university, the admissions process also places emphasis on personal statements and recommendation letters. According to Regent, the school seeks students who are "dedicated to becoming Christian leaders who will change the world for Christ" and want "to receive a legal education integrated with Christian principles."

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:40 pm

josh43299 wrote:From Wikipedia: "Regent University is a private coeducational interdenominational Christian university located in Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States. The school was founded by the American televangelist Pat Robertson in 1978 as Christian Broadcasting Network University...In addition to the academic requirements of the university, the admissions process also places emphasis on personal statements and recommendation letters. According to Regent, the school seeks students who are "dedicated to becoming Christian leaders who will change the world for Christ" and want "to receive a legal education integrated with Christian principles."

I don't know about you guys, but I'm thinking of skipping that silly law school thing and just becoming a Televangelist.

josh43299

Postby josh43299 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:51 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
josh43299 wrote:From Wikipedia: "Regent University is a private coeducational interdenominational Christian university located in Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States. The school was founded by the American televangelist Pat Robertson in 1978 as Christian Broadcasting Network University...In addition to the academic requirements of the university, the admissions process also places emphasis on personal statements and recommendation letters. According to Regent, the school seeks students who are "dedicated to becoming Christian leaders who will change the world for Christ" and want "to receive a legal education integrated with Christian principles."

I don't know about you guys, but I'm thinking of skipping that silly law school thing and just becoming a Televangelist.

Nah, but my backup plan has always been to start a cult.

abbottsbar

Postby abbottsbar » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:06 pm

I know that Charlotte is still accepting apps, and in their email they are pre-emptively awarding scholarships, WTF?

I think I've gotten 732 emails from St. Thomas...Lord knows how much I'd enjoy 3 years in Miami with absolutely no job prospects coming out of that.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”