THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hal20

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby hal20 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:44 am

Dear Michigan,

I knew I was going to be rejected. You knew I was going to be rejected. So why did you have to keep my application on Complete for six months? Didn't your mother ever teach you not to lead a girl on?

It's okay, no hard feelings. I've had my eye on a guy who is promising to offer warmer weather and he's going to pay for my dinner.

Best regards,
hal20

sdphill

Postby sdphill » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:33 am

Dear Michigan,

Why did you not have the decency to at least send me an email to say that I was DINGED? Was I not worthy enough? But if I wasn't, why would you waste money on a postal stamp to send me a certified letter? Right now, you make me feel like a cheap hoe. You serenaded me with your great fee waiver and even told me I had a fantastic chance to be yours forever. Then, like a lot of other women in the world, you spat in my face after a few months and told me goodbye. It's okay, though. Because one day, you will meet you Chris Brown... And he will do bad things to you too.

Never Yours,

SDPhill

Liquox

Postby Liquox » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:37 pm

sdphill wrote:Dear Michigan,

Why did you not have the decency to at least send me an email to say that I was DINGED? Was I not worthy enough? But if I wasn't, why would you waste money on a postal stamp to send me a certified letter? Right now, you make me feel like a cheap hoe. You serenaded me with your great fee waiver and even told me I had a fantastic chance to be yours forever. Then, like a lot of other women in the world, you spat in my face after a few months and told me goodbye. It's okay, though. Because one day, you will meet you Chris Brown... And he will do bad things to you too.

Never Yours,

SDPhill

yo man, they sent a letter to your house? that's cold

wolverine10

Postby wolverine10 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:40 pm

I got a rejection letter in the mail as well. You would think 4 years of OOS tuition for UG would at least earn me a pity waitlist.

der_saeufer

Postby der_saeufer » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:56 pm

Hey NoTTTre Dame:

If you're going to send me a ding on pretty letterhead, you could at least make sure your grammar is correct. I don't know if it's YP or if you don't think I'd be a good fit with your "mission," but I'm definitely not a good fit with your (lack of) command of the English language.

I should have donated the $16 report fee to Planned Parenthood instead of LSAC.

Love, me.

PS: UVA, thanks for the waitlist. With my numbers and lack of ties to the mid-Atlantic I expected a ding. I'll put my collar back down now.

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:22 pm

der_saeufer wrote:Hey NoTTTre Dame:

If you're going to send me a ding on pretty letterhead, you could at least make sure your grammar is correct. I don't know if it's YP or if you don't think I'd be a good fit with your "mission," but I'm definitely not a good fit with your (lack of) command of the English language.

Love, me.

PS: UVA, thanks for the waitlist. With my numbers and lack of ties to the mid-Atlantic I expected a ding. I'll put my collar back down now.

What was the grammar error?

USMCMatt

Postby USMCMatt » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:32 pm

JoeMo wrote:

Love, me.

Right?

Liquox

Postby Liquox » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:36 pm

wolverine10 wrote:I got a rejection letter in the mail as well. You would think 4 years of OOS tuition for UG would at least earn me a pity waitlist.

dang.

when i read your comment, i had to call home and have my lil sis check the mail. guess i'm in the next batch of 'no's

der_saeufer

Postby der_saeufer » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:57 pm

JoeMo wrote:

Love, me.

My bad, the error I saw was my misreading a really unwieldy and long (but technically correct) sentence. I guess I can still call them out for the punctuation in "It is with regret, that we are not able to extend an offer of admission to you for next fall's entering class."

And before anyone wonders, "the mission of our Law School" is one of the criteria mentioned in the letter on which applications are evaluated.
Last edited by der_saeufer on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Comoncents

Postby Comoncents » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:08 pm

Man, I have been dinged so much this year it is ridicules! It is nice to finally get into a ranked school with some standing.

USMCMatt

Postby USMCMatt » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:22 pm

Comoncents wrote: ridicules!

^^^^^^^
???????????

Comoncents

Postby Comoncents » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:32 pm

Ha! Ridiculous!

Comoncents

Postby Comoncents » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:33 pm

Wow! That is funny! WOW! Late and tired. Sorry!

Klinklang

Postby Klinklang » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:07 am

Boston College: So, let's see: not wanting folks at your LSAT median with a 4.0? No wonder you dropped in rank... Enjoy the slide.

Cornell: Funny thing is, you place graduates above any other school I'm looking at, but STILL probably wouldn't have gone. Ithaca? What, did you throw darts at a map? Thing is, if I wanted to live in the middle of nowhere in spite of the job placement, I'd move to Uganda. I hear a gentleman there is hiring.

Fordham: Jesus guys, I'd gladly accept if you'd just hustle with this wait list thing. People stranded in the south can't really deal with moving to NYC a week before classes begin.

- Yours truly, a first class mind from a second class UG getting dinged at third class law schools. U mad?

miy

Postby miy » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:25 pm

WL'd at Baylor. I tried to start writing a legit LOCI, and it very quickly turned into this:

ABC, Director of Admissions and Student Recruitment,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to confirm my genuine interest in Baylor University’s School of Law. While I appreciate the opportunity to be on your institution’s prestigious waitlist, it is a seat in your establishment that I remain truly attracted to. As an inductee in the Cotton Mather’s Young Stars of America (thanks in large part to my conservative Baptist upbringing), I believe I can fill that seat admirably.

While many students are attracted to Baylor Law School solely because of its strong regional academic reputation, my interest is rooted mainly in the booming metropolis of Waco. Although it is common knowledge that Waco smells horribly, I was blessed at birth with a disorder called Anosmia, or the inability to process smells. I believe this “disease” (as my doctors so often say) will in fact allow me to thrive in your institution. After all, if the Bible taught me anything, it taught me that Jesus rarely followed his nose.

In light of this previously undisclosed information, I hope that you will immediately reconsider my application for admission to your full-time program.

Also, please disregard my GPA entirely.

Your hopeful student,

miy

josh43299

Postby josh43299 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:29 pm

miy wrote:WL'd at Baylor. I tried to start writing a legit LOCI, and it very quickly turned into this:

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to confirm my genuine interest in Baylor University’s School of Law. While I appreciate the opportunity to be on your institution’s prestigious waitlist, it is a seat in your establishment that I remain truly attracted to. As an inductee in the Cotton Mather’s Young Stars of America (thanks in large part to my conservative Baptist upbringing), I believe I can fill that seat admirably.

While many students are attracted to Baylor Law School solely because of its strong regional academic reputation, my interest is rooted mainly in the booming metropolis of Waco. Although it is common knowledge that Waco smells horribly, I was blessed at birth with a disorder called Anosmia, or the inability to process smells. I believe this “disease” (as my doctors so often say) will in fact allow me to thrive in your institution. After all, if the Bible taught me anything, it taught me that Jesus rarely followed his nose.

In light of this previously undisclosed information, I hope that you will immediately reconsider my application for admission to your full-time program.

Your hopeful student,

miy

LOL! Please send this.

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:30 pm

miy wrote:WL'd at Baylor. I tried to start writing a legit LOCI, and it very quickly turned into this:

Your hopeful student,

miy

This was fanfuckingtastic.

checkster

Postby checkster » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:49 pm

Beautiful.

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:25 pm

Unfair to Cotton Mather. He was way more intellectual than anything to come out of Baylor.

MyPrecious

Postby MyPrecious » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:31 pm

UVa,

I just want you to know that you and I are going to be totally fine despite the fact that you were my first rejection.
Why, you ask?
Because you cannot both hate and pity the same thing at the same time, silly.
Why do I pity you?
Oh that one is easy!

1. Thomas Jefferson was a pig AND a ginger, with Aspergers. That has to be a lot for you to deal with.
2. Charlottesville. I wonder if they chose to name the really boring character on Sex and the City after you or if that just worked out that way...
3. Orange?

So don't sweat it, brah. We cool.

USMCMatt

Postby USMCMatt » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:23 pm

Dear Berkeley,

Fuck your communist couch.

Sincerely,
A dude that bathes regularly so maybe it wouldn't have worked out but suck it anyway even though I knew I had no chance in hell of getting accepted I just really wanted to be close to wine country

Munchkin318

Postby Munchkin318 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:54 pm

Dear NYU,

I knew going into this relationship that I didn`t stand a chance, and yet you didn`t just reject me right away. You kept me hanging on and hanging on and on and on and then, when for some bizarre reason I had the tiniest bit of hope that we stood a chance, you dumped me. They say New Yorkers shouldn`t be trusted...

Sincerely,
Bitter Ex

JMGuevara12

Postby JMGuevara12 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:36 pm

Your hopeful student,

miy

I am more proud to know you than I have ever been. You don't need BAYLOR! SEND IT! You'll be a LEGEND!

nfohey

Postby nfohey » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:01 pm

Dear Berkeley,

Damn hippies. Fuck 'em all. Both my numbers were at or above your 75th percentile, and yet still no love. Maybe you found out that I voted Republican in the 2010 Midterm elections? Oh well, at least I'll be able to continue my wonderful practice of showering daily.

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:13 pm

Your hopeful student,

miy

You are way too funny to go to law school and certainly too intelligent for Baylor. Just saying.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”