THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crumpledq

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby crumpledq » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:41 am

kmh504 wrote:Dear Duke:

You're located in a city that considers Clay Aiken a "prized" local celebrity.

Sincerely,

your loss

Brilliant.

Byzantine

Postby Byzantine » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:23 pm

UVA,

Lol. I have been accepted at Harvard and Columbia, and have $$$ at some lower schools. I might have considered you if you gave me a full ride. I did due diligence. I sent in LOCI, I called every couple weeks when you took forever to get to me.

You realized I was out of your league and that made you insecure. You were playing hard to get but not because you are hard to get, but because you're insecure. You were smart not to open your heart to me, cause I'll admit, imma heartbreaker.

Best,

Byz

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:24 pm

Byzantine wrote:UVA,

Lol. I have been accepted at Harvard and Columbia, and have $$$ at some lower schools. I might have considered you if you gave me a full ride. I did due diligence. I sent in LOCI, I called every couple weeks when you took forever to get to me.

You realized I was out of your league and that made you insecure. You were playing hard to get but not because you are hard to get, but because you're insecure. You were smart not to open your heart to me, cause I'll admit, imma heartbreaker.

Best,

Byz

The bolded is credited.

nametaken

Postby nametaken » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:32 pm

Byzantine wrote:UVA,

Best,

Byz

+1 to all of this. Took the words right out of my mouth. Withdrawn UVA, your loss!

gravityrides0

Postby gravityrides0 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:32 pm

WL at every T14 I applied to accept for Harvard, and now Berkeley, my number 1 choice. I have nothing witty or insulting or snide to say... but Berkeley-- you and I would have been perfect for one another. A wait list was expected... it would not have even hurt my feelings. but no. flat out rejected after a grueling faculty review.

and now... I am "that girl," rejected by her only love and getting sad-sloppy drunk alone at the Ding Bar. :(

USMCMatt

Postby USMCMatt » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:37 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:WL at every T14 I applied to accept for Harvard, and now Berkeley, my number 1 choice. I have nothing witty or insulting or snide to say... but Berkeley-- you and I would have been perfect for one another. A wait list was expected... it would not have even hurt my feelings. but no. flat out rejected after a grueling faculty review.

and now... I am "that girl," rejected by her only love and getting sad-sloppy drunk alone at the Ding Bar. :(

You're never alone here...There are plenty of other drunks to console you.

kmh504

Postby kmh504 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:38 pm

USMCMatt wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:WL at every T14 I applied to accept for Harvard, and now Berkeley, my number 1 choice. I have nothing witty or insulting or snide to say... but Berkeley-- you and I would have been perfect for one another. A wait list was expected... it would not have even hurt my feelings. but no. flat out rejected after a grueling faculty review.

You're never alone here...There are plenty of other drunks to console you.

Clearly.

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:42 pm

NOOOOO! My heart breaks for you. Do not understand how this happened.
Feel like you must be destined to get off WLs of places that are even better (not that this is reassuring given that Berkeley was your number 1 choice) :(

gravityrides0

Postby gravityrides0 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:52 pm

Geneva wrote:

NOOOOO! My heart breaks for you. Do not understand how this happened.
Feel like you must be destined to get off WLs of places that are even better (not that this is reassuring given that Berkeley was your number 1 choice) :(

aww. thanks... only time will tell. as for now, i will try to feel like I've been accepted vicariously through you :)

kennethellenparcell

Postby kennethellenparcell » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:54 pm

Aw I know how badly you wanted Berkeley! Hey, WLs are not rejections. LOCI the shit out of every school. It ain't over till it's over.

Liquox

Postby Liquox » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:59 pm

cheer up darling. berkeley's not worth your tears. one of those wl's will accept you soon and you'll learn to love them just fine.

Green Glass Windows

Postby Green Glass Windows » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:02 pm

Liquox wrote:

cheer up darling. berkeley's not worth your tears. one of those wl's will accept you soon and you'll learn to love them just fine.

No, no, no! I mean, I agree, berk is not worth the tears, but I can't believe you were waitlisted at all those places. That's just not fair. I'm still pulling for you at USC!!! But I hope one of those t14s come through for you as well.

gravityrides0

Postby gravityrides0 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:21 pm

Green Glass Windows wrote:
Liquox wrote:

No, no, no! I mean, I agree, berk is not worth the tears, but I can't believe you were waitlisted at all those places. That's just not fair. I'm still pulling for you at USC!!! But I hope one of those t14s come through for you as well.

thanks guys. me too. :')

cactuarX3

Postby cactuarX3 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:25 pm

Dear Berkeley,

Thanks for dinging me for the CLASS OF 2014. Are the budget cuts so bad that you even have to recycle your rejection emails from last year?

USMCMatt

Postby USMCMatt » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:30 pm

cactuarX3 wrote:Dear Berkeley,

Thanks for dinging me for the CLASS OF 2014. Are the budget cuts so bad that you even have to recycle your rejection emails from last year?

So then you were not, in fact, rejected from the class of 2015....looks like you're in!!

josh43299

Postby josh43299 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:36 pm

I think I remember someone posting this rejection e-mail a couple of months ago. Did you just get dinged? If so, I'm pretty amazed this has not been corrected.

Liquox

Postby Liquox » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:08 pm

this is exactly why berkeley is a waste of time. why in the world should we pay attention to details if they don't?

so-cal's great right now. weather's sunny, the ladies are gorgeous, and celebrities come down to campus all the time

moneybagsphd

Postby moneybagsphd » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:56 pm

This was written with real, heartfelt rancor...
BOALTTT (sorry... "Berkeley Law"),
Berkeley Law wrote:Although our review process is thorough, it is also human, fallible, and in part subjective.

The worst part about receiving your rejection letter was having to read this bit of second-rate, bargain basement, law school administrator philosophizing. I felt like you were slipping me a wink. And when you told me that I could apply as a transfer next year, I felt you were fucking me about, leading me up a garden path. I don't want your hand-me-down acceptance.
For the record, a good number of us regard your "holistic admissions" process as a sham. If you were sincere, you would at least try to interview most applicants (e.g. Northwestern). A lot of us think that your admissions process is a farce, ill-suited to an "elite" law school. There is a reason you get left out of the conversation when we talk about your "peer schools"-- it is, after all, the MVP-- we're not quite sure that you merit the same level of respect.
Moneybagsphd

gravityrides0

Postby gravityrides0 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:37 pm

I just "unliked" the Berkeley Law, Boalt Hall page on facebook. teeheheheheh

moxy

Postby moxy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:39 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:I just "unliked" the Berkeley Law, Boalt Hall page on facebook. teeheheheheh

lol

gaud

Postby gaud » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:40 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:I just "unliked" the Berkeley Law, Boalt Hall page on facebook. teeheheheheh

I enjoy your laugh

LWOP

Postby LWOP » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:49 pm

Dear Oregon,

I want to go to law school... not join a cult ... have you sen the actions of your alumni? I don't want to have O stickers on everything I own..... thank you for your rejection......

Thanks...
LWOP

moneybagsphd

Postby moneybagsphd » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:36 pm

your lighthearted humor is a nice counterpoint to my acrimonious rant.

mrjohnsterman

Postby mrjohnsterman » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:39 pm

Dear Northwestern,

I really don't get it. How have you never made it to the NCAA tournament? You're in the Big Ten! You come so close and then fall apart in the final days of the season. You should probably leave B1G and join the University Athletic Association with U Chicago and Wash U.

Yeah, really has nothing to do with law school, but you dinged me on the morning of the ending of your hopes. Although I likely won't attend there, I was glad to see that Minnesota, a school which appreciates me for who I am did it.

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:42 pm

Dear Harvard, (hold... for now)

I hate you for not ending my misery painlessly. But I hate myself even more for still wanting you, despite the way you've been toying with my feelings.

Still hypothalamically yours,
me

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”