THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
der_saeufer

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby der_saeufer » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:03 am

Dear Ding Bar,

You used to be funny, but somehow you turned into a discussion of people getting offended. It's cool, I haven't gotten dinged lately anyway so joke's on you.

Later,

-der_säufer

lawgeekgrl

Postby lawgeekgrl » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:33 am

Dear UCLA,

I've been thinking for a while about what I should say to you after your not-so-polite email rejection... but the only thing that came to mind was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMZ4GFguCPo

Sincerely,

-JD Candidate 2015

Liquox

Postby Liquox » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:59 am

lawgeekgrl wrote:Dear UCLA,

I've been thinking for a while about what I should say to you after your not-so-polite email rejection... but the only thing that came to mind was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMZ4GFguCPo

Sincerely,

-JD Candidate 2015

lol. i knew that chick too. shame she made our degree worth less

cpinker3

Postby cpinker3 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:45 am

Waitlist at Albany? Its ok. I'll just go to Syracuse instead.

Byzantine

Postby Byzantine » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:43 am

I have a great idea for my impending rejection from Yale. So good, in fact, that it will single-handedly resurrect this thread. I am so excited I'd almost prefer a reject.

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:43 am

Byzantine wrote:I have a great idea for my impending rejection from Yale. So good, in fact, that it will single-handedly resurrect this thread. I am so excited I'd almost prefer a reject.

No. You don't. It hurts. For a long time.

nametaken

Postby nametaken » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:47 am

Byzantine wrote:I have a great idea for my impending rejection from Yale. So good, in fact, that it will single-handedly resurrect this thread. I am so excited I'd almost prefer a reject.

Yikes I guess I need to come up with one too since there will likely be another wave of rejections coming up in the next week or two. I'm really not looking forward to that. I hope the Ding Bar will be back to itself by then so we can retaliate properly

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:50 am

captainwasabi09 wrote:
Dany wrote:Here you go.

Sorry, I don't see you making any useful contributions? I made a couple of Ding entries (WL entries I suppose) that didn't mention race and gender at all. Something about telling Notre Dame they're insecure about their football record against Michigan, and something about telling Penn I got into Harvard. At least they were original and some people enjoyed them. I don't see why other people can't come up with something original that actually pertains to the school they want to diss. That is all.

Dany is one of three reasons I still check TLS.

descartesb4thehorse wrote:Man I'm such a huge admirer I've been following all of your ding bar posts and you are just a genius with those zingers! I'm so happy you decided on Harvard because two reasons 1. they're the only place worthy of such a fine intellectual specimen as yourself whose masterful writing is beyond compare, truly, and 2. taking company with such fine gentlemen of the Ivy, who have never been reputed to be the least bit racist, sexist, or homophobic, really will be the only argument you'll ever need against the losers on the internet who call you such vile names!

Des, you another.

OMFG INTERWEBZ R SRS BSNS

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:30 pm

cpinker3 wrote:Waitlist at Albany? Its ok. I'll just go to Syracuse instead.

What is "Albany?"

whatismylife

Postby whatismylife » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:25 pm

Dinged by Duke. Yesterday.

This entire situation could have been avoided. I was realistic, level-headed, believed the big red "DENY" on Lawschoolpredictor, and wasn't going to freaking apply. I knew that sh** was way out of my league.

Then of course I wake up one day with an email from them with a fee waiver, saying that I have impressive statistics and that they want me to apply. Suddenly, I start thinking delusional thoughts, like "oh my god WHAT IF I GET IN?!?!" This leads to hours of time spent writing supplemental essays, and month after month of obsessively checking tls, lsn, and status checker, only to get each and every one of my unrealistic dreams destroyed by the cold, polite, wording of a rejection letter.

I should have known better. I know. But why oh whyyyyy did you give me a freaking fee waiver Duke, when my GPA is way the f*** below your 25th???? Whyyyyyyyyyy?????

kennethellenparcell

Postby kennethellenparcell » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:35 pm

whatismylife wrote:Dinged by Duke. Yesterday.

This entire situation could have been avoided. I was realistic, level-headed, believed the big red "DENY" on Lawschoolpredictor, and wasn't going to freaking apply. I knew that sh** was way out of my league.

Then of course I wake up one day with an email from them with a fee waiver, saying that I have impressive statistics and that they want me to apply. Suddenly, I start thinking delusional thoughts, like "oh my god WHAT IF I GET IN?!?!" This leads to hours of time spent writing supplemental essays, and month after month of obsessively checking tls, lsn, and status checker, only to get each and every one of my unrealistic dreams destroyed by the cold, polite, wording of a rejection letter.

I should have known better. I know. But why oh whyyyyy did you give me a freaking fee waiver Duke, when my GPA is way the f*** below your 25th???? Whyyyyyyyyyy?????

Duke is such a fucking cocktease. Pardon my language. This is why I did not take them up on their belated fee waiver. I will take my splitter-ness elsewhere, thank you very much.

Sorry about Duke my friend. But you didn't want to spend three years in fucking Durham, NC. And the answer to the question posed by your username "whatismylife" = WINNING.

woodscommaL

Postby woodscommaL » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:31 pm

Vandy,

I received the letter you sent asking me to wait for you. I stayed up all night trying to compose the perfect reply to tell you that you were still the only man for me, that I'd wait forever. But, I couldn't do it. As I tried to write about how much I love you, I realized that it was a lie. You were my first application, but I only loved your money. You flashed that fee waiver at me and sweetheart, I was hooked. I used to daydream about the biglaw salary you could give me, but now there's someone else. His name is Michigan, and he's the only one I'm willing to wait for. He didn't throw fee waivers at me like you, but he comes from the kind of money and high rank that could give me everything I've ever wanted. But my interest in Michigan runs deeper than money and status. You see, he's already married. The three of us connect physically in a way that's...thrilling. I know this probably comes as a shock. I never thought that I was the kind of girl that would be attracted to another woman, but she's so beautiful. I'm sure you've heard the rumors. They say that Ann Arbor is a whore, but if that's true then, darling, so am I. I'm sorry to end things like this, but it wouldn't be fair to either of us if I stayed on your waitlist. Just know that I'll always care for you, they say you never forget your first.

Always,
woodscommaL

nametaken

Postby nametaken » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:59 pm

woodscommaL wrote:Vandy,

I received the letter you sent asking me to wait for you. I stayed up all night trying to compose the perfect reply to tell you that you were still the only man for me, that I'd wait forever. But, I couldn't do it. As I tried to write about how much I love you, I realized that it was a lie. You were my first application, but I only loved your money. You flashed that fee waiver at me and sweetheart, I was hooked. I used to daydream about the biglaw salary you could give me, but now there's someone else. His name is Michigan, and he's the only one I'm willing to wait for. He didn't throw fee waivers at me like you, but he comes from the kind of money and high rank that could give me everything I've ever wanted. But my interest in Michigan runs deeper than money and status. You see, he's already married. The three of us connect physically in a way that's...thrilling. I know this probably comes as a shock. I never thought that I was the kind of girl that would be attracted to another woman, but she's so beautiful. I'm sure you've heard the rumors. They say that Ann Arbor is a whore, but if that's true then, darling, so am I. I'm sorry to end things like this, but it wouldn't be fair to either of us if I stayed on your waitlist. Just know that I'll always care for you, they say you never forget your first.

Always,
woodscommaL

amazing

jerichosm

Postby jerichosm » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:59 pm

Always,
woodscommaL

I pray that we end up at the same school. You are my hero.

captainwasabi09

Postby captainwasabi09 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:29 pm

Always,
woodscommaL

i totally imagined this how Elle Woods would say it to Warner. (Warner? was that his name?)

cpinker3

Postby cpinker3 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:45 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
cpinker3 wrote:Waitlist at Albany? Its ok. I'll just go to Syracuse instead.

What is "Albany?"

Exactly. A small school that I only applied to because of the free waiver.

whatismylife

Postby whatismylife » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:01 pm

kennethellenparcell wrote:
whatismylife wrote:Dinged by Duke. Yesterday.

Duke is such a fucking cocktease. Pardon my language. This is why I did not take them up on their belated fee waiver. I will take my splitter-ness elsewhere, thank you very much.

Sorry about Duke my friend. But you didn't want to spend three years in fucking Durham, NC. And the answer to the question posed by your username "whatismylife" = WINNING.

Thank you kennethellenparcell. Bad things happen to those who split. How has your cycle been?

kennethellenparcell

Postby kennethellenparcell » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:12 pm

whatismylife wrote: Thank you kennethellenparcell. Bad things happen to those who split. How has your cycle been?

Ehhh hasn't been the greatest in the world. Luckily I'm in at my top, realistic choice in the t14 so the anxiety level has decreased a great deal. Just got dinged for the first time at Penn today so composing a new post right now.

kennethellenparcell

Postby kennethellenparcell » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:40 pm

Penn,
I listened to your sweet sweet courtship song in the form of a fee waiver. See, at first, I was reluctant. But then I stalked you on Facebook and Twitter like a proper lady and read all about you on the interwebz. I fell in love. So I reciprocated. I wrote you poetry in the form of a shit ton of supplemental essays. I wrote them from the heart. And today, you dinged me. Why do you love them and leave them Penn?

It's ok. Because I found someone better. He has a beautiful view of Lake Michigan and while he may be a little windy at times, he loves me for me.

And seriously, who wants to live in a state where they boast about a damn groundhog? Chicago style pizza and hot dogs >>>>>>>> cheesesteak. And dammit, you're way too fucking close to Jersey.

AND CAUSE I'M SO FUCKING PISSED ABOUT THIS DING, HERE'S A TWOFER (although credit for this one doesn't go to me but to an awesome TLSer who got a well-deserved Penn acceptance)

If It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia has taught me one thing, it's that time spent in Philadelphia makes you a worse person. The cheesesteaks will kill you, center city is a sad collection of buildings surrounded by dollar peep shows, and the only redeeming thing about South Street is that when it ends, you're almost in Camden. And you know what, I don't want to live in a city where 90% of the people have syphilis.

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:54 pm

Dear USC,

I think it's funny that you waitlisted me. I'm tempted to accept the waitlist offer and write in a LOCI for the sole purpose of turning down your inevitable acceptance & hurting your yield. Why? Because I don't get mad, I get even. Oh, btw, did I mention that Berkeley called me tonight and offered to fly me to ASW? Berkeley, a school that accepts LESS applicants than HARVARD? Berkeley, the school with the 3rd lowest acceptance rate in the USA? Did I mention that I've already been accepted to 7 schools that are ranked higher than you are, 6 of which are T14?

jerichosm

Postby jerichosm » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:56 pm

Geneva wrote:Dear USC,

I think it's funny that you waitlisted me. I'm tempted to accept the waitlist offer and write in a LOCI for the sole purpose of turning down your inevitable acceptance & hurting your yield. Why? Because I don't get mad, I get even. Oh, btw, did I mention that Berkeley called me tonight and offered to fly me to ASW? Berkeley, a school that accepts LESS applicants than HARVARD? Berkeley, the school with the 3rd lowest acceptance rate in the USA? Did I mention that I've already been accepted to 7 schools that are ranked higher than you are, 6 of which are T14?

YP

hookem7

Postby hookem7 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:58 pm

Texas - 2/6

Didn't want to stay here for 3 more years anyway. Homeless people smell. Football has been steadily going downhill. Too many hipsters

sdphill

Postby sdphill » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:00 pm

hookem7 wrote:Texas - 2/6

Didn't want to stay here for 3 more years anyway. Homeless people smell. Football has been steadily going downhill. Too many hipsters

Straight to the point... I like

kmh504

Postby kmh504 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:15 am

Dear Duke:

You're located in a city that considers Clay Aiken a "prized" local celebrity.

Sincerely,

your loss

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:32 am

kmh504 wrote:Dear Duke:

You're located in a city that considers Clay Aiken a "prized" local celebrity.

Sincerely,

your loss

Yassssss!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”