THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
zxcv22
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:19 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby zxcv22 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:11 pm

captainwasabi09 wrote:
zxcv22 wrote:TIL:

Racism is fun/funny. People who call someone out on it are whiny.

If a minority says it, it's not racism. If a woman says it, it's not sexism.

I think you mean to say, making fun of racist people is funny. Racism itself, not so much so. Or at least it's because I assume the former makes Sarah Silverman such a successful comedian?


Sorry, intended sarcasm - I meant that's the message I'm getting from people on this thread. It utterly amazes me that so many people think this issue is just a hindrance to their fun.

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby gravityrides0 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:14 pm

lrslayer wrote:Image


+1

User avatar
lrslayer
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby lrslayer » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:16 pm

fonzerelli wrote:In this thread we retaliate by protesting what made XXX school somewhat suspect to begin with, and we're glad our decision was made that much easier by taking that ridiculous option off the table.

In fact, we didn't really care enough to try that hard. If we had sent version 4B from our personal statement library we definitely would have gotten in but who cares, I don't even care.

I'll start: Berkeley. Ding date: 01/14/10

Umm, I don't want to listen to global warming propaganda for three years anyway. I eat red meat. Back off peta, your toyota prius is burning dead animals too. Earthquakes. Too liberal. Volatile economy. Hippies. Whatever.


The above is the Original Post (Intent) of the thread. Why is it so difficult for people to enjoy the thread for its Original purpose and not make a debate out of every damn thing? For fuck's sake. If you feel someone has made an offensive comment then by all means, click the little exclamation point box and let the MODS decide. Other than that, the pages of debate about what was or was not racist/sexist/homophobic is just shitting up the thread.

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby JoeMo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:28 pm

zxcv22 wrote:Sorry, intended sarcasm - I meant that's the message I'm getting from people on this thread. It utterly amazes me that so many people think this issue is just a hindrance to their fun.


go kill yourself.

hookem12
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:54 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby hookem12 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:31 pm

zxcv22 wrote: Sorry, intended sarcasm - I meant that's the message I'm getting from people on this thread. It utterly amazes me that so many people think this issue is just a hindrance to their fun.


It certainly hindered my fun. This bar sucks.

zxcv22
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:19 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby zxcv22 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:32 pm

JoeMo wrote:
zxcv22 wrote:Sorry, intended sarcasm - I meant that's the message I'm getting from people on this thread. It utterly amazes me that so many people think this issue is just a hindrance to their fun.


go kill yourself.


A convincing argument in support of your position.

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby JoeMo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:37 pm

zxcv22 wrote:
JoeMo wrote:
zxcv22 wrote:Sorry, intended sarcasm - I meant that's the message I'm getting from people on this thread. It utterly amazes me that so many people think this issue is just a hindrance to their fun.


go kill yourself.


A convincing argument in support of your position.


Indeed, see since my argument is that butt hurt people with a lack of a sense of humor are making this thread unbearable, it would be further validated if you did indeed go kill yourself and stopped posting ITT.

chickenalfredo
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:30 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby chickenalfredo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:38 pm

this thread is scaring me about the types of people attracted to law school :shock: what have I gotten myself into.

User avatar
smaug_
Posts: 2195
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby smaug_ » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:40 pm

chickenalfredo wrote:this thread is scaring me about the types of people attracted to law school :shock: what have I gotten myself into.


Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life.

User avatar
moneybagsphd
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby moneybagsphd » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:40 pm

Dear UVA (WL),
I can't believe you still haven't changed your shitty, patronizing wait list email. No, actually I'm not confused that I got wait listed by the school with this lawschoolnumbers graph. Apparently, "proceeding cautiously" is a euphemism for gaming the rankings to keep yields high. PreTTTy clever, Virginia.

zxcv22
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:19 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby zxcv22 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:47 pm

JoeMo wrote:
zxcv22 wrote:
JoeMo wrote:
zxcv22 wrote:Sorry, intended sarcasm - I meant that's the message I'm getting from people on this thread. It utterly amazes me that so many people think this issue is just a hindrance to their fun.


go kill yourself.


A convincing argument in support of your position.


Indeed, see since my argument is that butt hurt people with a lack of a sense of humor are making this thread unbearable, it would be further validated if you did indeed go kill yourself and stopped posting ITT.


What was it that was supposed to be funny?

User avatar
lrslayer
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby lrslayer » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:53 pm

Image

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Nulli Secundus » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:05 pm

People never cease to amaze me. I repeat, for the last time, we do not take issue with your crystalline sensibilities, we take issue with the fact that you give voice to your opinions in a thread designed and successfully kept alive for a different purpose, and even when there is a separate thread for voicing the kind of opinions you harbor, you know, the specific kind we all know. (i.e. the ones no one, not one person gives a single fuck about).

zxcv22
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:19 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby zxcv22 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:19 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:People never cease to amaze me. I repeat, for the last time, we do not take issue with your crystalline sensibilities, we take issue with the fact that you give voice to your opinions in a thread designed and successfully kept alive for a different purpose, and even when there is a separate thread for voicing the kind of opinions you harbor, you know, the specific kind we all know. (i.e. the ones no one, not one person gives a single fuck about).


Reasonable up until the last sentence. (You know that several others agree with me. Heck, I wasn't the one who started this.)

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby JoeMo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:19 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:People never cease to amaze me. I repeat, for the last time, we do not take issue with your crystalline sensibilities, we take issue with the fact that you give voice to your opinions in a thread designed and successfully kept alive for a different purpose, and even when there is a separate thread for voicing the kind of opinions you harbor, you know, the specific kind we all know. (i.e. the ones no one, not one person gives a single fuck about).

User avatar
captainwasabi09
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:18 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby captainwasabi09 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:23 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:People never cease to amaze me. I repeat, for the last time, we do not take issue with your crystalline sensibilities, we take issue with the fact that you give voice to your opinions in a thread designed and successfully kept alive for a different purpose, and even when there is a separate thread for voicing the kind of opinions you harbor, you know, the specific kind we all know. (i.e. the ones no one, not one person gives a single fuck about).


The point of this thread was to disparage characteristic disadvantages of the schools from which we were dinged/WLed. Personally I don't see how race or gender would fit into these characteristic disadvantages. Every school has minorities, and almost every school has both genders in attendance. I guess that explains my confusion as to why people insist on bringing in race and gender into the Ding Bar.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Dany » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:32 pm

captainwasabi09 wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:People never cease to amaze me. I repeat, for the last time, we do not take issue with your crystalline sensibilities, we take issue with the fact that you give voice to your opinions in a thread designed and successfully kept alive for a different purpose, and even when there is a separate thread for voicing the kind of opinions you harbor, you know, the specific kind we all know. (i.e. the ones no one, not one person gives a single fuck about).

The point of this thread was to disparage characteristic disadvantages of the schools from which we were dinged/WLed. Personally I don't see how race or gender would fit into these characteristic disadvantages. Every school has minorities, and almost every school has both genders in attendance. I guess that explains my confusion as to why people insist on bringing in race and gender into the Ding Bar.

Here you go.

User avatar
Liquox
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Liquox » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:43 pm

dear usc (wl),

i am not mr. rogers and this is not the neighborhood of make-believe. the only reason i applied was because you sent me a fee waiver and i thought your receptions would be cheaper than taking my girl to a murder mystery party. but it seems you forgot you are not entitled to be pickier than the t14, so go stand in front of a mirror and repeat "i can face reality. i can. i can. i can."

liq

ps: who in their right mind would make a video for you?

User avatar
introversional
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:59 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby introversional » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:55 pm

1L somewhere else, just dropping in to say thank you for the ding last year Gtttown. Will be enjoying my summer associate gig in another city, so glad it won't be D.C. Lol, if you let me in, I'd be unemployed this summer and/or doing the following, indefinitely:

--ImageRemoved--
Last edited by introversional on Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Real Madrid
Posts: 835
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 12:21 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Real Madrid » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:57 pm

HapaForever wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:
HapaForever wrote:It's not about being politically correct, it's about learning to respect other cultures and understanding your own privilege.

So you're a gay Latino. Awesome. You haven't been offended by anything that was said here. Great.

But I was and I have the right to say it.


OK, this really needs to stop... I would agree there are *sometimes* comments in this thread that could be offensive to people. What the poster in this case said was NOT racist. It was not a remark that in any way degraded non-white ethnicities. It was a statement of fact (the poster is white, URMs get a documented boost in law school admissions) mixed with a little bit of frustration at a particular school's decision, but it simply was not offensive or derogatory.

Also, as has been pointed out, this it THE DING BAR. :D So maybe once you've made your point of being offended at whatever, stop discussing that in here? Make a thread about political correctness? Maybe even different ones to deal with PC issues regarding non-whites, women, sexual orientation, etc.


I love when other people decide what should or should not be offensive to me.

It implied that we should blame URMs for whites not getting into a particular law school. That is racist.



Let me guess: you're one of those people that blames every unfortunate event in your life that happened at the hands of another on racism. Didn't get a job? Racism. Didn't get into a certain school? Racism. Am I right? Or am I even racist for calling you out on it?

User avatar
captainwasabi09
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:18 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby captainwasabi09 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Dany wrote:
captainwasabi09 wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:People never cease to amaze me. I repeat, for the last time, we do not take issue with your crystalline sensibilities, we take issue with the fact that you give voice to your opinions in a thread designed and successfully kept alive for a different purpose, and even when there is a separate thread for voicing the kind of opinions you harbor, you know, the specific kind we all know. (i.e. the ones no one, not one person gives a single fuck about).

The point of this thread was to disparage characteristic disadvantages of the schools from which we were dinged/WLed. Personally I don't see how race or gender would fit into these characteristic disadvantages. Every school has minorities, and almost every school has both genders in attendance. I guess that explains my confusion as to why people insist on bringing in race and gender into the Ding Bar.

Here you go.


Sorry, I don't see you making any useful contributions? I made a couple of Ding entries (WL entries I suppose) that didn't mention race and gender at all. Something about telling Notre Dame they're insecure about their football record against Michigan, and something about telling Penn I got into Harvard. At least they were original and some people enjoyed them. I don't see why other people can't come up with something original that actually pertains to the school they want to diss. That is all.

zxcv22
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:19 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby zxcv22 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:14 pm

captainwasabi09 wrote:
Dany wrote:
captainwasabi09 wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:People never cease to amaze me. I repeat, for the last time, we do not take issue with your crystalline sensibilities, we take issue with the fact that you give voice to your opinions in a thread designed and successfully kept alive for a different purpose, and even when there is a separate thread for voicing the kind of opinions you harbor, you know, the specific kind we all know. (i.e. the ones no one, not one person gives a single fuck about).

The point of this thread was to disparage characteristic disadvantages of the schools from which we were dinged/WLed. Personally I don't see how race or gender would fit into these characteristic disadvantages. Every school has minorities, and almost every school has both genders in attendance. I guess that explains my confusion as to why people insist on bringing in race and gender into the Ding Bar.

Here you go.


Sorry, I don't see you making any useful contributions? I made a couple of Ding entries (WL entries I suppose) that didn't mention race and gender at all. Something about telling Notre Dame they're insecure about their football record against Michigan, and something about telling Penn I got into Harvard. At least they were original and some people enjoyed them. I don't see why other people can't come up with something original that actually pertains to the school they want to diss. That is all.


+1

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby beachbum » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:18 pm

captainwasabi09 wrote:
Dany wrote:
captainwasabi09 wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:People never cease to amaze me. I repeat, for the last time, we do not take issue with your crystalline sensibilities, we take issue with the fact that you give voice to your opinions in a thread designed and successfully kept alive for a different purpose, and even when there is a separate thread for voicing the kind of opinions you harbor, you know, the specific kind we all know. (i.e. the ones no one, not one person gives a single fuck about).

The point of this thread was to disparage characteristic disadvantages of the schools from which we were dinged/WLed. Personally I don't see how race or gender would fit into these characteristic disadvantages. Every school has minorities, and almost every school has both genders in attendance. I guess that explains my confusion as to why people insist on bringing in race and gender into the Ding Bar.

Here you go.


Sorry, I don't see you making any useful contributions? I made a couple of Ding entries (WL entries I suppose) that didn't mention race and gender at all. Something about telling Notre Dame they're insecure about their football record against Michigan, and something about telling Penn I got into Harvard. At least they were original and some people enjoyed them. I don't see why other people can't come up with something original that actually pertains to the school they want to diss. That is all.


Your definition of original could probably use some work.

User avatar
Liquox
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Liquox » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:27 pm

zxcv22 wrote:
benburns214 wrote:
FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:
shroeder wrote:Dear GW,

Never mind I'll find someone like you!!!


racist


Sexist


Brainless; TTT-worthy.


TTTist[/quote]

+1 lol

User avatar
descartesb4thehorse
Posts: 1147
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:32 pm

captainwasabi09 wrote:Sorry, I don't see you making any useful contributions? I made a couple of Ding entries (WL entries I suppose) that didn't mention race and gender at all. Something about telling Notre Dame they're insecure about their football record against Michigan, and something about telling Penn I got into Harvard. At least they were original and some people enjoyed them. I don't see why other people can't come up with something original that actually pertains to the school they want to diss. That is all.

Man I'm such a huge admirer I've been following all of your ding bar posts and you are just a genius with those zingers! I'm so happy you decided on Harvard because two reasons 1. they're the only place worthy of such a fine intellectual specimen as yourself whose masterful writing is beyond compare, truly, and 2. taking company with such fine gentlemen of the Ivy, who have never been reputed to be the least bit racist, sexist, or homophobic, really will be the only argument you'll ever need against the losers on the internet who call you such vile names!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, extrawatermelon, eyetelyuhwhut, Houzy, Long shot hero, okf731, Yahoo [Bot] and 15 guests