THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby gravityrides0 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:49 pm

if this continues any longer I'M GOING TO KILL MYSELF ON THE SPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Geneva » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:52 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:if this continues any longer I'M GOING TO KILL MYSELF ON THE SPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!


i guess that means some waitlist spots would open up?

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby gravityrides0 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:55 pm

Geneva wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:if this continues any longer I'M GOING TO KILL MYSELF ON THE SPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!


i guess that means some waitlist spots would open up?



I certainly would not be a particularly valuable TLS death considering my single acceptance and 7 WL spots.

shroeder
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby shroeder » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:56 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:
Geneva wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:if this continues any longer I'M GOING TO KILL MYSELF ON THE SPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!


i guess that means some waitlist spots would open up?



I certainly would not be a particularly valuable TLS death considering my single acceptance and 7 WL spots.


Where did you get in??

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby JoeMo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:58 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
JoeMo wrote:
HapaForever wrote:A lot of people are complaining about "ruining the ding bar" but it's shit like this that ruins the ding bar for me. Why is it so ridiculous to not want to see racist comments? Is it really that hard not to be racist?


I get it, it's fine but last week it was sexism, this week it's racism, next week it's ageism, there was a sprinkling of homophobia in there somewhere. Who cares? It's the ding bar, if you can't put up with racist, ageist, sexist and slightly homophobic comments then go elsewhere.

You're all going to be lawyers and you all need thicker skin. This butt hurt mentality needs to be left in high school.


Shut up, grandpa.


LMAO

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby gravityrides0 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:59 pm

shroeder wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
Geneva wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:if this continues any longer I'M GOING TO KILL MYSELF ON THE SPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!


i guess that means some waitlist spots would open up?



I certainly would not be a particularly valuable TLS death considering my single acceptance and 7 WL spots.


Where did you get in??


see profile

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Geneva » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:59 pm

shroeder wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
Geneva wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:if this continues any longer I'M GOING TO KILL MYSELF ON THE SPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!


i guess that means some waitlist spots would open up?



I certainly would not be a particularly valuable TLS death considering my single acceptance and 7 WL spots.


Where did you get in??


At least wait to kill yourself until you find out if you make it through FR2.

justicefishy
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby justicefishy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:00 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:
Geneva wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:if this continues any longer I'M GOING TO KILL MYSELF ON THE SPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!


i guess that means some waitlist spots would open up?



I certainly would not be a particularly valuable TLS death considering my single acceptance and 7 WL spots.


*looks, thinks a moment* No Gravity! Don't do it! You've got so much to live for!

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby JoeMo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:00 pm

HapaForever wrote:
JoeMo wrote:
HapaForever wrote:A lot of people are complaining about "ruining the ding bar" but it's shit like this that ruins the ding bar for me. Why is it so ridiculous to not want to see racist comments? Is it really that hard not to be racist?


I get it, it's fine but last week it was sexism, this week it's racism, next week it's ageism, there was a sprinkling of homophobia in there somewhere. Who cares? It's the ding bar, if you can't put up with racist, ageist, sexist and slightly homophobic comments then go elsewhere.

You're all going to be lawyers and you all need thicker skin. This butt hurt mentality needs to be left in high school.


I'm assuming it doesn't matter to you because you're not a minority. But why do I have to leave when people can stop making racist, ageist, sexist and homophobic comments? I should be able to enjoy the law school shaming without feeling uncomfortable.

If someone says "fuck off UVA" and students at UVA get upset, they should understand that this is the purpose of the ding bar. But you don't have to be insensitive to minorities to get the point across.

I would love to leave the ugliness behind and continue ripping law schools.



Ummm... I'm a gay latino so I'm quite the definition of a minority. However, I don't choose to spend my time arguing the political correctness of a place that was intended for the sole purpose of being politically incorrect. We've had the URM argument before so just go back a few pages and get your fill of someone else being told off because they made an argument about URM's getting preference.

Like I said, there are plenty of threads, you don't like this one then get moving on to something you like better. STOP RUINING THE DING BAR.

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby gravityrides0 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:04 pm

Geneva wrote:
shroeder wrote:
At least wait to kill yourself until you find out if you make it through FR2.


OK but on one condition... The Ding Bar needs to CTFO.

benburns214
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:39 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby benburns214 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:05 pm

JoeMo wrote:
HapaForever wrote:
JoeMo wrote:
HapaForever wrote:A lot of people are complaining about "ruining the ding bar" but it's shit like this that ruins the ding bar for me. Why is it so ridiculous to not want to see racist comments? Is it really that hard not to be racist?


I get it, it's fine but last week it was sexism, this week it's racism, next week it's ageism, there was a sprinkling of homophobia in there somewhere. Who cares? It's the ding bar, if you can't put up with racist, ageist, sexist and slightly homophobic comments then go elsewhere.

You're all going to be lawyers and you all need thicker skin. This butt hurt mentality needs to be left in high school.


I'm assuming it doesn't matter to you because you're not a minority. But why do I have to leave when people can stop making racist, ageist, sexist and homophobic comments? I should be able to enjoy the law school shaming without feeling uncomfortable.

If someone says "fuck off UVA" and students at UVA get upset, they should understand that this is the purpose of the ding bar. But you don't have to be insensitive to minorities to get the point across.

I would love to leave the ugliness behind and continue ripping law schools.



Ummm... I'm a gay latino so I'm quite the definition of a minority. However, I don't choose to spend my time arguing the political correctness of a place that was intended for the sole purpose of being politically incorrect. We've had the URM argument before so just go back a few pages and get your fill of someone else being told off because they made an argument about URM's getting preference.

Like I said, there are plenty of threads, you don't like this one then get moving on to something you like better. STOP RUINING THE DING BAR.


This This THIS. Well said.

HapaForever
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:59 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby HapaForever » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:16 pm

JoeMo wrote:
HapaForever wrote:
JoeMo wrote:
HapaForever wrote:A lot of people are complaining about "ruining the ding bar" but it's shit like this that ruins the ding bar for me. Why is it so ridiculous to not want to see racist comments? Is it really that hard not to be racist?


I get it, it's fine but last week it was sexism, this week it's racism, next week it's ageism, there was a sprinkling of homophobia in there somewhere. Who cares? It's the ding bar, if you can't put up with racist, ageist, sexist and slightly homophobic comments then go elsewhere.

You're all going to be lawyers and you all need thicker skin. This butt hurt mentality needs to be left in high school.


I'm assuming it doesn't matter to you because you're not a minority. But why do I have to leave when people can stop making racist, ageist, sexist and homophobic comments? I should be able to enjoy the law school shaming without feeling uncomfortable.

If someone says "fuck off UVA" and students at UVA get upset, they should understand that this is the purpose of the ding bar. But you don't have to be insensitive to minorities to get the point across.

I would love to leave the ugliness behind and continue ripping law schools.



Ummm... I'm a gay latino so I'm quite the definition of a minority. However, I don't choose to spend my time arguing the political correctness of a place that was intended for the sole purpose of being politically incorrect. We've had the URM argument before so just go back a few pages and get your fill of someone else being told off because they made an argument about URM's getting preference.

Like I said, there are plenty of threads, you don't like this one then get moving on to something you like better. STOP RUINING THE DING BAR.


It's not about being politically correct, it's about learning to respect other cultures and understanding your own privilege.

So you're a gay Latino. Awesome. You haven't been offended by anything that was said here. Great.

But I was and I have the right to say it.

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby gravityrides0 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:20 pm

HapaForever wrote:
It's not about being politically correct, it's about learning to respect other cultures and understanding your own privilege.

So you're a gay Latino. Awesome. You haven't been offended by anything that was said here. Great.

But I was and I have the right to say it.


OMG STOP. DON'T BE OFFENDED. THIS IS THE INTERNET.
officially unsubscribing from this thread until I want to post something witty about a bad ding. SEE YA!

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby hypothalamus » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:20 pm

HapaForever wrote:It's not about being politically correct, it's about learning to respect other cultures and understanding your own privilege.

So you're a gay Latino. Awesome. You haven't been offended by anything that was said here. Great.

But I was and I have the right to say it.


OK, this really needs to stop... I would agree there are *sometimes* comments in this thread that could be offensive to people. What the poster in this case said was NOT racist. It was not a remark that in any way degraded non-white ethnicities. It was a statement of fact (the poster is white, URMs get a documented boost in law school admissions) mixed with a little bit of frustration at a particular school's decision, but it simply was not offensive or derogatory.

Also, as has been pointed out, this it THE DING BAR. :D So maybe once you've made your point of being offended at whatever, stop discussing that in here? Make a thread about political correctness? Maybe even different ones to deal with PC issues regarding non-whites, women, sexual orientation, etc.

HapaForever
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:59 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby HapaForever » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:25 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:
HapaForever wrote:
It's not about being politically correct, it's about learning to respect other cultures and understanding your own privilege.

So you're a gay Latino. Awesome. You haven't been offended by anything that was said here. Great.

But I was and I have the right to say it.


OMG STOP. DON'T BE OFFENDED. THIS IS THE INTERNET.
officially unsubscribing from this thread until I want to post something witty about a bad ding. SEE YA!


THIS IS THE INTERNET? REALLY? I HAD NO CLUE.

I got an apology from the original poster yesterday. I'm fine. I'm just tired of being blamed for ruining the ding bar when it was the racist comment that should be blamed.

HapaForever
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:59 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby HapaForever » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:28 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
HapaForever wrote:It's not about being politically correct, it's about learning to respect other cultures and understanding your own privilege.

So you're a gay Latino. Awesome. You haven't been offended by anything that was said here. Great.

But I was and I have the right to say it.


OK, this really needs to stop... I would agree there are *sometimes* comments in this thread that could be offensive to people. What the poster in this case said was NOT racist. It was not a remark that in any way degraded non-white ethnicities. It was a statement of fact (the poster is white, URMs get a documented boost in law school admissions) mixed with a little bit of frustration at a particular school's decision, but it simply was not offensive or derogatory.

Also, as has been pointed out, this it THE DING BAR. :D So maybe once you've made your point of being offended at whatever, stop discussing that in here? Make a thread about political correctness? Maybe even different ones to deal with PC issues regarding non-whites, women, sexual orientation, etc.


I love when other people decide what should or should not be offensive to me.

It implied that we should blame URMs for whites not getting into a particular law school. That is racist.

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Green Glass Windows » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:30 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:if this continues any longer I'M GOING TO KILL MYSELF ON THE SPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
cactuarX3
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby cactuarX3 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:31 pm

Countdown to Hitler/Nazi reference in 3...2...1...

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Green Glass Windows » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:31 pm

^ Post #3000 contained a Hitler reference! Good work team!

benburns214
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:39 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby benburns214 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:32 pm


User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby hypothalamus » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:35 pm

HapaForever wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:OK, this really needs to stop... I would agree there are *sometimes* comments in this thread that could be offensive to people. What the poster in this case said was NOT racist. It was not a remark that in any way degraded non-white ethnicities. It was a statement of fact (the poster is white, URMs get a documented boost in law school admissions) mixed with a little bit of frustration at a particular school's decision, but it simply was not offensive or derogatory.

Also, as has been pointed out, this it THE DING BAR. :D So maybe once you've made your point of being offended at whatever, stop discussing that in here? Make a thread about political correctness? Maybe even different ones to deal with PC issues regarding non-whites, women, sexual orientation, etc.


I love when other people decide what should or should not be offensive to me.

It implied that we should blame URMs for whites not getting into a particular law school. That is racist.


As a rational human being who lives in the 21st century, I am offended by your imposing your over-sensitivity on everyone else.

As a white human being, I am offended by your use of the term "whites," if you wanna play that game.

shroeder
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby shroeder » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:42 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
HapaForever wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:OK, this really needs to stop... I would agree there are *sometimes* comments in this thread that could be offensive to people. What the poster in this case said was NOT racist. It was not a remark that in any way degraded non-white ethnicities. It was a statement of fact (the poster is white, URMs get a documented boost in law school admissions) mixed with a little bit of frustration at a particular school's decision, but it simply was not offensive or derogatory.

Also, as has been pointed out, this it THE DING BAR. :D So maybe once you've made your point of being offended at whatever, stop discussing that in here? Make a thread about political correctness? Maybe even different ones to deal with PC issues regarding non-whites, women, sexual orientation, etc.


I love when other people decide what should or should not be offensive to me.

It implied that we should blame URMs for whites not getting into a particular law school. That is racist.


As a rational human being who lives in the 21st century, I am offended by your imposing your over-sensitivity on everyone else.

As a white human being, I am offended by your use of the term "whites," if you wanna play that game.


Hey I don't think anyone ranting on the ding bar is racist. But the system of law school admission IS, and that's just the way it is. Minority students are not treated the same as non URM. So if I state that an URM is able to get into a school that I couldn't with the same numbers as me, that doesn't make me a racist. I understand why the system was changed to it's current form and my hope is that some day America will be truly liberated and that all people will be treated equally on the basis of his or her merit, regardless or race, gender, sexual orientation or any other petty difference. Good luck everyone on getting into the school of your choice, now let's get back to bashing those who have deemed us unworthy!!!

User avatar
taikofox
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:09 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby taikofox » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:43 pm

Would you mind loaning me some of your lipstick, Stanford?

Because I wanna at least look pretty, the next time you decide to FUCK ME.

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Take Two » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:44 pm

taikofox wrote:Would you mind loaning me some of your lipstick, Stanford?

Because I wanna at least look pretty, the next time you decide to FUCK ME.


Hahahaha

User avatar
USMCMatt
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:57 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby USMCMatt » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:46 pm

chrisbru wrote:I think the point is that he wasn't being intentionally racist, he was merely commenting on the truth that URM's get a boost and he doesn't.

It wasn't funny. But it really shouldn't be taken as that offensive either.



Fuck it, nevermind...
Last edited by USMCMatt on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AustinLu, Google Adsense [Bot], malysh and 11 guests