THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
futurejdgirl

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby futurejdgirl » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:12 am

Holy fuck. Can you imagine if this was an actual bar? Loving this thread.

Dear Wake,

Fuck you. I would be bored as hell in North Carolina anyways, thanks for saving me the clinical depression diagnosis.

GWU,

Rejecting me two weeks after I sent in my application.. cold hearted bitch wouldn't even begin to describe you. Thankfully, a fee waiver spared me from spending a single dime on you. You're in DC and all but I'm not willing to go broke over you and live in some shitty studio apartment for the rest of my life because your classes are too big for any real faculty-student interaction... where my amazing conversational skills and talent at witty repertoire will go largely unnoticed. Fuck you, I'm amazing and I'm more than just a fucking number!

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:23 am

Killingly wrote:Time to retaliate against the schools that have wait-listed me.

Penn:

Thanks for saving me the embarrassment of calling myself a Quaker. The only Quakers I want to associate with are the ones who make my oatmeal and granola bars.

Columbia:

Every time I think of Morningside Heights, I think of Morningside Orphanage from the movie "The Rescuers." If Disney didn't think it was a suitable place to live, then I'm quite glad I've been spared.

You and I are so twinsies, you still going to MIch then?

Postby 1776 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:25 am

Dear Case,

Thanks for calling to tell me you rejected me, and then sending me an email about transfer admissions. I am above both medians, and have gotten into better schools. Honestly, I didn't want to worry about getting robbed on campus at night or go to a school that brags about it's international law program. Maybe calling made you feel a little better, but it just pissed me off. Next time, don't waste my minutes. I get 300 a month. Cleveland sucks anyways.

Sincerely,

Never picking up a 216-368 number again

outsidethescope

Postby outsidethescope » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:01 am

Duke:

For some reason, every time I think about your school, pictures of oozing STIs pop into my head. I kept trying to write a why essay for you, but the relation kept making me nauseous.

Thanks for the WL. I don't know why I picture your entire class having gonorrhea, but it's surely a sign we're not meant to be.

ralph_pootawn

Postby ralph_pootawn » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:04 am

1776 wrote:Dear Case,

Thanks for calling to tell me you rejected me, and then sending me an email about transfer admissions. I am above both medians, and have gotten into better schools. Honestly, I didn't want to worry about getting robbed on campus at night or go to a school that brags about it's international law program. Maybe calling made you feel a little better, but it just pissed me off. Next time, don't waste my minutes. I get 300 a month. Cleveland sucks anyways.

Sincerely,

they called to reject u? cold blooded

Postby 1776 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:09 am

ralph_pootawn wrote:
1776 wrote:Dear Case,

Sincerely,

they called to reject u? cold blooded

Yep. Their rejection email talks about transferring there. Seriously?

benburns214

Postby benburns214 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:18 am

Dear University of Florida,

You are the university that spewed out Tim Tebow and started the Tebow hurricane that we are currently in the eye of. He is not a good quarterback, his accuracy and throwing mechanics are garbage, and I hate the Bronco's even more now because of how many people believe he is the 2nd coming of John Elway.

Also, Gainesville blows.
Last edited by benburns214 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

cpinker3

Postby cpinker3 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:41 am

benburns214 wrote:Dear University of Florida,

I dont want to live in upstate Florida anyway... plus, Tim Tebow.

+1.

wskbarrett

Postby wskbarrett » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:06 pm

Dear UVA,

You are a grape in Spanish. Grapes are stupid because: 1) they are poisonous to dogs; 2) they can only get you drunk if you squash them with your feet then put them in a barrel for a couple of months. Ergo, you are not even worthy of being fed to my dog, nor being sold in a plastic bag inside of a cardboard box. Fortunately for me, you will not be receiving my hard earned student loan money. Furthermore, I am sorry that you are listed as an accomplishment on Thomas Jefferson's headstone. He is rolling in his grave because you dinged his biggest fan. Good job angering the ghost that authored the Declaration of Independence. He WILL come back to haunt ye. Peace.

The BearFighter

p.s. IM Softball is for pansies, play a real sport...like golf

Magnifique1908

Postby Magnifique1908 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:11 pm

Green Glass Windows wrote:
Killingly wrote:Time to retaliate against the schools that have wait-listed me.

Penn:

Thanks for saving me the embarrassment of calling myself a Quaker. The only Quakers I want to associate with are the ones who make my oatmeal and granola bars.

Columbia:

Every time I think of Morningside Heights, I think of Morningside Orphanage from the movie "The Rescuers." If Disney didn't think it was a suitable place to live, then I'm quite glad I've been spared.

Beautiful.

+1

Especially for Penn.....I was waitlisted too.

westcoast

Postby westcoast » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:48 pm

Geneva wrote:Dear GW,
You may be in the same location and start with the same name as Georgetown but you're not Georgetown. Have fun YPing in vain to try and catch up.

Nice
Last edited by westcoast on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

Byzantine

Postby Byzantine » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:10 pm

Hi all, I'm new to this thread so forgive me if my post is a bit formulaic but I've to follow the form that I've seen others use.

I just dinged by X school. Therefore I hate it, and I want to demonstrate my hate comparing it to something else I dislike, or people who are different than me, like women. It's the ding bar, I do what I want! :mrgreen:

Nulli Secundus

Postby Nulli Secundus » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:26 pm

Byzantine wrote:Hi all, I'm new to this thread so forgive me if my post is a bit formulaic but I've to follow the form that I've seen others use.

I just dinged by X school. Therefore I hate it, and I want to demonstrate my hate comparing it to something else I dislike, or people who are different than me, like women. It's the ding bar, I do what I want! :mrgreen:

Not you. You aren't dumb, man. Come on.

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:28 pm

Munchkin318 wrote:Dear GW,
You may be in the same location and start with the same name as Georgetown but you're not Georgetown. Have fun YPing in vain to try and catch up.

+100

captainwasabi09

Postby captainwasabi09 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:17 pm

Byzantine wrote:Hi all, I'm new to this thread so forgive me if my post is a bit formulaic but I've to follow the form that I've seen others use.

Please marry me, Byzantine.

On the other hand,

Dear Penn (waitlist),

I got into Harvard.

That is all.

Byzantine

Postby Byzantine » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:00 pm

Nulli and captain, I was just goofing off and stirring the pot. thanks for the strong ( and equal and opposite) reactions.

And cap'n, congrats on getting to stick to penn's list.

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:40 pm

Byzantine wrote:Nulli and captain, I was just goofing off and stirring the pot. thanks for the strong ( and equal and opposite) reactions.

Seriously, you three - get a room :D :D

captainwasabi09

Postby captainwasabi09 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:09 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
Byzantine wrote:Nulli and captain, I was just goofing off and stirring the pot. thanks for the strong ( and equal and opposite) reactions.

Oh, I figured that was just the next logical step after asking Byz to marry me, and pestering Nulli.

Okay. Now to end the shameless friendly flirting with Byz / shameless annoying of Nulli. :P

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:16 pm

captainwasabi09 wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:

Oh, I figured that was just the next logical step after asking Byz to marry me, and pestering Nulli.

Okay. Now to end the shameless friendly flirting with Byz / shameless annoying of Nulli. :P

No, by all means, continue! I'm quite the shameless voyeur... :D

aquaokay

Postby aquaokay » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:05 pm

wskbarrett wrote:Dear UVA,

You are a grape in Spanish. Grapes are stupid because: 1) they are poisonous to dogs; 2) they can only get you drunk if you squash them with your feet then put them in a barrel for a couple of months. Ergo, you are not even worthy of being fed to my dog, nor being sold in a plastic bag inside of a cardboard box. Fortunately for me, you will not be receiving my hard earned student loan money. Furthermore, I am sorry that you are listed as an accomplishment on Thomas Jefferson's headstone. He is rolling in his grave because you dinged his biggest fan. Good job angering the ghost that authored the Declaration of Independence. He WILL come back to haunt ye. Peace.

The BearFighter

p.s. IM Softball is for pansies, play a real sport...like golf

I just burst out in a huge smile when I read this. So many good things going on here. Just fucking brilliant.

captainwasabi09

Postby captainwasabi09 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:27 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
captainwasabi09 wrote:

If you're a voyeur, why did you tell us to get a room? o.O O.o :P

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:43 pm

captainwasabi09 wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:
captainwasabi09 wrote:

It was meant as a mere indication that I have noticed your three-way romance muahaha! :D

captainwasabi09

Postby captainwasabi09 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:28 am

hypothalamus wrote:
captainwasabi09 wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:
captainwasabi09 wrote:

It was meant as a mere indication that I have noticed your three-way romance muahaha! :D

oh, i doubt nulli's feelings for me can be characterized as romance or even fondness

tliles

Postby tliles » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:36 am

Last edited by tliles on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nulli Secundus

Postby Nulli Secundus » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:55 am

captainwasabi09 wrote:oh, i doubt nulli's feelings for me can be characterized as romance or even fondness

Wait, what?

I don't usually dislike people I barely know, but when I do, it is usually because they asked me to do so. (The-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-voice)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”