THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
captainwasabi09

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby captainwasabi09 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:50 pm

PopTorts13 wrote:I'm really enjoying this new glass floor I had installed in my apartment complex a few years back. Unfortunately, the women downstairs keep complaining about their ceiling and damn it is hard to sleep with all that racket going on.

Warning: JS at Harvard is dismantling your glass floor as we speak. :)

benburns214

Postby benburns214 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:51 pm

Last edited by benburns214 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:52 pm

captainwasabi09 wrote:It seems awfully suspicious that you WL someone with high numbers, and said applicant comes from a school that beat you in the last two seconds of a football game. You can call it "yield protect", but I call it "you're insecure about your football record against Michigan" syndrome.

this was fantastic. :lol:

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:53 pm

PopTorts13 wrote:I'm really enjoying this new glass floor I had installed in my apartment complex a few years back. Unfortunately, the women downstairs keep complaining about their ceiling and damn it is hard to sleep with all that racket going on.

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:56 pm

Dany wrote:
descartesb4thehorse wrote:As TLS' resident shrew, I can safely say that the vast majority of ding bar posts which liken the school to a bad relationship are fine. paulshortys10's was just really, unbelievably stupid. doesn't mean we have to pull out our judith butler bibles about the whole lot of posts in here.

Now that I have declared it, it shall be so. Continue dinging.

The ding bar sucks now. Its glory days are over. Just let there be derp.

I keep saying this, and people keep telling me it'll get better. It hasn't.

Ginj

Postby Ginj » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:57 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
Dany wrote:
descartesb4thehorse wrote:As TLS' resident shrew, I can safely say that the vast majority of ding bar posts which liken the school to a bad relationship are fine. paulshortys10's was just really, unbelievably stupid. doesn't mean we have to pull out our judith butler bibles about the whole lot of posts in here.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE. JESUS IS WATCHING.

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:58 pm

Ginj wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:
Dany wrote:

WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE. JESUS IS WATCHING.

Lenten ban is Lounge only.

Ginj

Postby Ginj » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:58 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:Lenten ban is Lounge only.

Cop-out.

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:00 pm

Ginj wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:Lenten ban is Lounge only.

Cop-out.

I'm exactly a week into my Lounge self-ban. It feels like anything but a cop-out.

wlee1220

Postby wlee1220 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:04 pm

paulshortys10 wrote:
woodscommaL wrote:So I was real excited to see that there were two new pages of the ding bar because the sarcastic things people say when they feel rejected bring me great joy. But, after seeing that those two new pages are just arguing over whether or not the posts that I love are offensive, I am like seven different kinds of disappointed.

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam: Stop choosing to be a victim, you are exactly what is wrong with America. The posts on here can only offend you if you allow them to, it isn't like people are going "UVA is just like SmbdyBringMeSomeHam, whiney and obnoxious". Quit polluting this delightful thread with your incessant negativity.

Somebody say something funny, this thread desperately needs to get back in the right direction.

LOL +1

+1000000

ButwhereforeIknownot

Postby ButwhereforeIknownot » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:27 pm

Hey Penn - remember that time I wanted to live in the ghetto?

Yeah, neither do I.

jerichosm

Postby jerichosm » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:29 pm

ButwhereforeIknownot wrote:Hey Penn - remember that time I wanted to live in the ghetto?

Yeah, neither do I.

^Like

Liquox

Postby Liquox » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:48 pm

benburns214 wrote:
DaftAndDirect wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:Ok, this thread has officially gone into cardiac arrest, thanks to some people. Time to resuscitate it with shock & awe.

y'all think she's cute? there's like a million of them on campus here.

lrslayer wrote:Here, let me make this fair, I am a woman (although, those who know me will especially see the humor in this post) :

Dear University of Washington Law:

I asked to date you back in the days when when I didn't realize that some schools would look beyond the size of my ass and boobs and actually see me for the woman I am inside. And guess what, I have been courted by many men with far larger bank accounts, job, and dicks than you!!! Thanks anyhow you old, fat, balding, broke, no dick loser.

Sincerely,
LRSlayer

P.S.- the joke is that I am a lesbian! :)

that's hot. your girlfriend going to law school with you?

sach1282

Postby sach1282 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:53 am

Dear Northwestern:

Apparently you focus on "business"? How about the business of getting higher than #10 in USNWR? Peace.

(and please stop ruining this awesome thread)

Dabearsss

Postby Dabearsss » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:33 pm

Dear Duke,
The only problem with Hurricane Irene was that it stayed too far east. I wish you much less luck the next time nature's furry feels like kicking someone in the balls.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:35 pm

Dabearsss wrote:Dear Duke,
The only problem with Hurricane Irene was that it stayed too far east. I wish you much less luck the next time nature's furry feels like kicking someone in the balls.

Now I know why nature always seemed so cuddly to me.

Dabearsss

Postby Dabearsss » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:46 pm

Yep, meant "fury." But hey, even a cute and cuddly nature can kick Duke in the balls for all I care.

Onthebrink

Postby Onthebrink » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:46 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:This is the DING BAR, people are free to represent the schools that dinged them / waitlisted them as whatever they want to. It is intended and fully understood by vast majority as nothing but humor and it is also a place to vent your stress. Take your PC BS elsewhere please, stop taking up screen space.

Thank you Nulli. It is the God Damn DING BAR. I am so sick of people trying to PC it up. Just let it go and get your own rant on.

Dabearsss

Postby Dabearsss » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:04 pm

Dear Ohio State,
In both legal rankings and on the football field, may Michigan continue to shit on your face.

Munchkin318

Postby Munchkin318 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:11 pm

Dear GW,
You may be in the same location and start with the same name as Georgetown but you're not Georgetown. Have fun YPing in vain to try and catch up.

OmarLittle

Postby OmarLittle » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:56 pm

Don't know if waitlists count, but...

Dear Washington and Lee:

Waiting to pay sticker at a barely Tier 1 school in a town with less residents than there were students at my UG institution is hardly my idea of a good time. If W+L was a woman, it wouldn't be nearly hot enough "make me wait". Don't play hard to get when your really not that attractive in the first place. Waitlist DECLINED.

Still haven't gotten a straight reject, but I'm sure I'll have something when UVA and Cornell get back to me.

hyakku

Postby hyakku » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:30 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:This is why we can't have nice things.

LOL. I hope you're referring to what I think you are.

Last few pages suck.

Oh, and Chicago, ding me as an undergrad and law student?

Thanks again.

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:46 pm

Time to retaliate against the schools that have wait-listed me.

Penn:

Thanks for saving me the embarrassment of calling myself a Quaker. The only Quakers I want to associate with are the ones who make my oatmeal and granola bars.

Columbia:

Every time I think of Morningside Heights, I think of Morningside Orphanage from the movie "The Rescuers." If Disney didn't think it was a suitable place to live, then I'm quite glad I've been spared.

Green Glass Windows

Postby Green Glass Windows » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:33 pm

Killingly wrote:Time to retaliate against the schools that have wait-listed me.

Penn:

Thanks for saving me the embarrassment of calling myself a Quaker. The only Quakers I want to associate with are the ones who make my oatmeal and granola bars.

Columbia:

Every time I think of Morningside Heights, I think of Morningside Orphanage from the movie "The Rescuers." If Disney didn't think it was a suitable place to live, then I'm quite glad I've been spared.

Beautiful.

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:36 pm

Green Glass Windows wrote:
Killingly wrote:Time to retaliate against the schools that have wait-listed me.

Penn:

Columbia:

Beautiful.

Thanks! Ding Bar is my favorite and I was strangely glad I could contribute. Likely more to come! :mrgreen:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”