THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
PopTorts13

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby PopTorts13 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:51 pm

EDIT: posted later in hopes of getting this shit on track...
Last edited by PopTorts13 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ralph_pootawn

Postby ralph_pootawn » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:52 pm

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam killed the thread.

Moment of silence.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:53 pm

I'm pretty sure no one is gonna bring you some ham after the way you've behaved.

hookem12

Postby hookem12 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:54 pm

The only thing more depressing than logging into a status checker and seeing the eternal complete is reading through 3 new pages on the ding bar and coming across NO DING RESPONSES.

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:54 pm

stillwater wrote:I'm pretty sure no one is gonna bring you some ham after the way you've behaved.

OMG, this made me laugh so hard. :D :D :D

rckybbby

Postby rckybbby » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:55 pm

stillwater wrote:I'm pretty sure no one is gonna bring you some ham after the way you've behaved.

Bahahaha

crumpledq

Postby crumpledq » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:02 pm

Calling out bigotry on any forum, whether it's racism, sexism, homophobia, or anything else, is always acceptable. Feel free to disagree about whether the criticism is merited, but the ad hominem attacks are really unhelpful. If you don't think she's right, then fine. But dismissing her reaction as silly or emotional (rather than on the merits) only makes you look like you're invoking negative stereotypes about women rather than making an argument.

rckybbby

Postby rckybbby » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:04 pm

Make it stop....

PopTorts13

Postby PopTorts13 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:05 pm

HERE IS A DING BAR APPROPRIATE POST; TIME TO GET THIS SHIT ON TRACK!:

Penn,

I know my numbers are impressive and I look incredibly attractive to you, but just because I wouldn't blow your miniscule cock with a Why Penn letter tattooed to my uvula doesn't mean I think any less of you, because...well, I really couldn't think lesser either way. Having been admitted to higher ranked, more prestigious programs, I can confidently say that I am out of your league.

I prefer to keep my pride in tact and to explain what I am bringing as an applicant rather than blow the miniscule cocks of several of the t14 schools that have to be convinced you want to ride their cock off into the sunset. Fuck off; I don't swing that way. Maybe someday you can get on my level. Who am I kidding, you'll never rise above 7 (pun intended). Joke

-Torts

akronite08

Postby akronite08 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:12 pm

Dear Boston University Law,

I can't decide if I'm slightly miffed or highly jilted. You were that cute nerdy-looking girl with very mild acne that never hung out with the preppy dimes. I kind of liked you. Not because of your popularity or your beautiful body or because other people say I should, but because of your accessibility and spunkiness - Tina Fey on the red carpet. I even traveled to visit you. I secretly wanted you so bad that I hit on your ugly friend BC because I thought her offers would make you jealous.. and she DID offer.

But you. Are you really too good for guys with a minor alcohol misdemeanor record from freshman year? Really? I swear, I've changed, BU. Even the smarter hard-to-get girls don't care about that. But whatever, I've moved on - I have other fallbacks. When I'm T14, I'll still think of you - what could have been ($$$). But I just want you to know that this ding could be described like your ass-ugly Tower's architecture - the Brutalist.

Sincerely,

akronite

descartesb4thehorse

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:13 pm

As TLS' resident shrew, I can safely say that the vast majority of ding bar posts which liken the school to a bad relationship are fine. paulshortys10's was just really, unbelievably stupid. doesn't mean we have to pull out our judith butler bibles about the whole lot of posts in here.

Now that I have declared it, it shall be so. Continue dinging.

PopTorts13

Postby PopTorts13 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:18 pm

Edit: Posted later to get things back on track...
Last edited by PopTorts13 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dany

Postby Dany » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:18 pm

descartesb4thehorse wrote:As TLS' resident shrew, I can safely say that the vast majority of ding bar posts which liken the school to a bad relationship are fine. paulshortys10's was just really, unbelievably stupid. doesn't mean we have to pull out our judith butler bibles about the whole lot of posts in here.

The ding bar sucks now. Its glory days are over. Just let there be derp.

horrorbusiness

Postby horrorbusiness » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:19 pm

benburns214 wrote:
SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:
kerflux wrote:Must be that time of the month :/

Yeah, you're right. When I'm not on my period, I like putting down women - it's like my hobby and junk. But when I'm on it, these things called "thoughts" set in and I get these crazy ideas about equality and worth. Thanks for reminding me that my objections are to be dismissed as PMS because I'm a woman. I needed that!

Oh my god

WOW i lol'd.

descartesb4thehorse wrote:As TLS' resident shrew, I can safely say that the vast majority of ding bar posts which liken the school to a bad relationship are fine. paulshortys10's was just really, unbelievably stupid. doesn't mean we have to pull out our judith butler bibles about the whole lot of posts in here.

lol, just lol. no.

DaftAndDirect

Postby DaftAndDirect » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:19 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:Ok, this thread has officially gone into cardiac arrest, thanks to some people. Time to resuscitate it with shock & awe.

I wish my LSAT score and the number of times I've whacked it to this girl's picture were the same number.
Last edited by DaftAndDirect on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

horrorbusiness

Postby horrorbusiness » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:20 pm

DaftAndDirect wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:Ok, this thread has officially gone into cardiac arrest, thanks to some people. Time to resuscitate it with shock & awe.

I wish my LSAT score and the number of time I've whacked it to this girl's picture were the same number.

bro the lsat score doesn't go into the 6 digits

woodscommaL

Postby woodscommaL » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:20 pm

JoeMo wrote:
woodscommaL wrote:So I was real excited to see that there were two new pages of the ding bar because the sarcastic things people say when they feel rejected bring me great joy. But, after seeing that those two new pages are just arguing over whether or not the posts that I love are offensive, I am like seven different kinds of disappointed.

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam: Stop choosing to be a victim, you are exactly what is wrong with America. The posts on here can only offend you if you allow them to, it isn't like people are going "UVA is just like SmbdyBringMeSomeHam, whiney and obnoxious". Quit polluting this delightful thread with your incessant negativity.

Somebody say something funny, this thread desperately needs to get back in the right direction.

Why does Elle Woods always have to save the day? Ihatechu

Sorry I'm not sorry.

Hahaha well played

PopTorts13

Postby PopTorts13 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:21 pm

HERE IS A DING BAR APPROPRIATE POST FOR FUCKS SAKE< ONLY DINGS AND DING RELATED COMMENTS:

UMich,

Ann Arbor is STILL a whore. Not to mention she blows so hard that all the trees in New York lean to the right.

-Torts

benburns214

Postby benburns214 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:22 pm

DaftAndDirect wrote:

I wish my LSAT score and the number of times I've whacked it to this girl's picture were the same number.

Hahahahaha I love it

paulshortys10

Postby paulshortys10 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:25 pm

Lol..thanks for the shout out
Last edited by paulshortys10 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

horrorbusiness

Postby horrorbusiness » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:25 pm

for those that need it, help yourself to:

captainwasabi09

Postby captainwasabi09 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:28 pm

cgomez wrote:I believe that SmbdyBringMeSomeHam's comment has been taken totally out of proportion. She simply stated something that upset her and was not at all inflammatory. Sometimes jokes can be offensive simply because they may stem from a societal view of women as being "bitches" and etc. Obviously, that may not have been your intention and where you are coming from and that is perfectly fine. However, I do not believe it is okay to attack her simply because she noted something and then explain how she felt. The explanation may well be that there is a high proportion of straight males so it is easy to make the relationship analogy. What I do not understand is why this cannot simply be explained without being rude and mean to someone.

+1

Dany

Postby Dany » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:30 pm

captainwasabi09 wrote:
cgomez wrote:I believe that SmbdyBringMeSomeHam's comment has been taken totally out of proportion. She simply stated something that upset her and was not at all inflammatory. Sometimes jokes can be offensive simply because they may stem from a societal view of women as being "bitches" and etc. Obviously, that may not have been your intention and where you are coming from and that is perfectly fine. However, I do not believe it is okay to attack her simply because she noted something and then explain how she felt. The explanation may well be that there is a high proportion of straight males so it is easy to make the relationship analogy. What I do not understand is why this cannot simply be explained without being rude and mean to someone.

+1

Because it's annoying.

captainwasabi09

Postby captainwasabi09 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:40 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
captainwasabi09 wrote:Agreed. As for the sense of humor thing, I highly doubt Ben Burns would think it would be equally funny if I joked about ugly/fat men or about ugly/fat white people.

Why do people think this way? I love making fun of everyone, most of all myself.

Fine by you, but personally I've received a lot of shit/discrimination in the past for being a woman/Asian American/both, which would mean that my position is intrinsically different. The fact is, white men remain insulated from a lot of stereotypes, and a lot of the jokes people have been complaining about have been about overused stereotypes. Second fact is, the scorned-relationship thing has been overdone. We get it, but now people are starting to sound like whiney ole Ted Mosby.

Regardless, I'll make a belated post about Notre Dame's WL.
It seems awfully suspicious that you WL someone with high numbers, and said applicant comes from a school that beat you in the last two seconds of a football game. You can call it "yield protect", but I call it "you're insecure about your football record against Michigan" syndrome.

PopTorts13

Postby PopTorts13 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:46 pm

I'm really enjoying this new glass floor I had installed in my apartment complex a few years back. Unfortunately, the women downstairs keep complaining about their ceiling and damn it is hard to sleep with all that racket going on.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”