THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
benburns214

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby benburns214 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:06 pm

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:
captainwasabi09 wrote:Agreed. As for the sense of humor thing, I highly doubt Ben Burns would think it would be equally funny if I joked about ugly/fat men or about ugly/fat white people.

Why do people think this way? I love making fun of everyone, most of all myself.

Yeah, you really can't say that men wouldn't like it if you made fun of them (no sarcasm intended). I could launch into a looong explanation about why that is but why it still doesn't make jokes about women any less misogynistic, but I don't think this is the forum for that. I made a quick observation about something I feel personally slighted by, but I can see that we might all just end up fighting and saying things like "NO U".

Idk, if anyone wants to continue talking about it, PM me (as some of you have :D). But my initial comment still stands.

Well thank you for the unnecessary trollish tangent... we needed a break from all the sarcasm and humor anyway :roll:

kerflux

Postby kerflux » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:06 pm

Must be that time of the month :/

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam

Postby SmbdyBringMeSomeHam » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:07 pm

benburns214 wrote:
SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:Yeah, you really can't say that men wouldn't like it if you made fun of them (no sarcasm intended). I could launch into a looong explanation about why that is but why it still doesn't make jokes about women any less misogynistic, but I don't think this is the forum for that. I made a quick observation about something I feel personally slighted by, but I can see that we might all just end up fighting and saying things like "NO U".

Idk, if anyone wants to continue talking about it, PM me (as some of you have :D). But my initial comment still stands.

Well thank you for the unnecessary trollish tangent... we needed a break from all the sarcasm and humor anyway :roll:

*facepalm*

benburns214

Postby benburns214 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:08 pm

benburns214 wrote:
SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:Yeah, you really can't say that men wouldn't like it if you made fun of them (no sarcasm intended). I could launch into a looong explanation about why that is but why it still doesn't make jokes about women any less misogynistic, but I don't think this is the forum for that. I made a quick observation about something I feel personally slighted by, but I can see that we might all just end up fighting and saying things like "NO U".

*facepalm*

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam

Postby SmbdyBringMeSomeHam » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:08 pm

kerflux wrote:Must be that time of the month :/

Yeah, you're right. When I'm not on my period, I like putting down women - it's like my hobby and junk. But when I'm on it, these things called "thoughts" set in and I get these crazy ideas about equality and worth. Thanks for reminding me that my objections are to be dismissed as PMS because I'm a woman. I needed that!

thelong

Postby thelong » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:09 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:This is why we can't have nice things.

Why you all shitting up the Ding Bar, though?

PopTorts13

Postby PopTorts13 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:09 pm

benburns214

Postby benburns214 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:10 pm

Yeah, you're right. When I'm not on my period, I like putting down women - it's like my hobby and junk. But when I'm on it, these things called "thoughts" set in and I get these crazy ideas about equality and worth. Thanks for reminding me that my objections are to be dismissed as PMS because I'm a woman. I needed that!

Oh my god

gravityrides0

Postby gravityrides0 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:11 pm

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

mrjohnsterman

Postby mrjohnsterman » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:11 pm

Last edited by mrjohnsterman on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam

Postby SmbdyBringMeSomeHam » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:13 pm

benburns214 wrote:

Oh my god

Your eloquence astounds me.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:14 pm

thelong wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:This is why we can't have nice things.

Why you all shitting up the Ding Bar, though?

Nulli Secundus

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:15 pm

benburns214 wrote:

Oh my god

benburns214

Postby benburns214 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:17 pm

benburns214 wrote:

Oh my god

With every consecutive post of yours... you prove my initial point. Which was that you are, more likely than not, a very unpleasant person to be around.

cgomez

Postby cgomez » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:21 pm

I believe that SmbdyBringMeSomeHam's comment has been taken totally out of proportion. She simply stated something that upset her and was not at all inflammatory. Sometimes jokes can be offensive simply because they may stem from a societal view of women as being "bitches" and etc. Obviously, that may not have been your intention and where you are coming from and that is perfectly fine. However, I do not believe it is okay to attack her simply because she noted something and then explain how she felt. The explanation may well be that there is a high proportion of straight males so it is easy to make the relationship analogy. What I do not understand is why this cannot simply be explained without being rude and mean to someone.

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam

Postby SmbdyBringMeSomeHam » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:22 pm

cgomez wrote:I believe that SmbdyBringMeSomeHam's comment has been taken totally out of proportion. She simply stated something that upset her and was not at all inflammatory. Sometimes jokes can be offensive simply because they may stem from a societal view of women as being "bitches" and etc. Obviously, that may not have been your intention and where you are coming from and that is perfectly fine. However, I do not believe it is okay to attack her simply because she noted something and then explain how she felt. The explanation may well be that there is a high proportion of straight males so it is easy to make the relationship analogy. What I do not understand is why this cannot simply be explained without being rude and mean to someone.

+1
Just what I was trying to say...

lrslayer

Postby lrslayer » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:23 pm

Here, let me make this fair, I am a woman (although, those who know me will especially see the humor in this post) :

Dear University of Washington Law:

I asked to date you back in the days when when I didn't realize that some schools would look beyond the size of my ass and boobs and actually see me for the woman I am inside. And guess what, I have been courted by many men with far larger bank accounts, job, and dicks than you!!! Thanks anyhow you old, fat, balding, broke, no dick loser.

Sincerely,
LRSlayer

P.S.- the joke is that I am a lesbian! :)

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:25 pm

lrslayer wrote:Here, let me make this fair, I am a woman (although, those who know me will especially see the humor in this post) :

I asked to date you back in the days when when I didn't realize that some schools would look beyond the size of my ass and boobs and actually see me for the woman I am inside. And guess what, I have been courted by many men with far larger bank accounts, job, and dicks than you!!! Thanks anyhow you old, fat, balding, broke, no dick loser.

Sincerely,
LRSlayer

:-D the answer for every thread in a derpalanche is slayer.

thelong

Postby thelong » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:26 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
lrslayer wrote:Here, let me make this fair, I am a woman (although, those who know me will especially see the humor in this post) :

Sincerely,
LRSlayer

:-D the answer for every thread in a derpalanche is slayer.

Glorious.

Alternatively, why you all so mad?

Additionally, how'd your butt get hurt?

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam

Postby SmbdyBringMeSomeHam » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:28 pm

benburns214 wrote:With every consecutive post of yours... you prove my initial point. Which was that you are, more likely than not, a very unpleasant person to be around.

And with every one of yours, you prove mine. All you have are ad hominem attacks. There may be a well-reasoned response to what I initially said, but if there is, you don't know what it is or are too inarticulate to express it.

iowalum

Postby iowalum » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:28 pm

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:If your definition of unpleasant is someone who doesn't like to see her sex or gender constantly demeaned, then I suppose I am. I say these things only because I am secure in the knowledge that I am among intelligent people who are willing to discuss and think about things like this.

But so far, the only responses I've gotten are someone rolling their eyes and another person saying that I seem unpleasant. Clearly, I was mistaken.

I have enjoyed this thread until now, and as a woman who thinks this stuff is funny I resent the implication that I need to be offended by humor to be considered 'intelligent'. Chill out and worry about important things. I don't think women are in danger of being oppressed on TLS.

Ginj

Postby Ginj » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:29 pm

benburns214 wrote:With every consecutive post of yours... you prove my initial point. Which was that you are, more likely than not, a very unpleasant person to be around.

And with every one of yours, you prove mine. All you have are ad hominem attacks. There may be a well-reasoned response to what I initially said, but if there is, you don't know what it is or are too inarticulate to express it.

I don't know what you're arguing about but SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH let it die SHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

PopTorts13

Postby PopTorts13 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:30 pm

Sincerely,
LRSlayer

Woa, woa. That is offensive to balding fat men with little bank accounts, lack a job, and minimal endowment! Better be careful and sensitive to everyone here. :roll:

Seriously though, intelligent post; it made me laugh!

Revolver066

Postby Revolver066 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:30 pm

Seriously, it's a ding bar thread people. Let some shit slide.

PopTorts13

Postby PopTorts13 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:32 pm

Revolver066 wrote:Seriously, it's a ding bar thread people. Let some shit slide.

You think Pau is headed else where and if so where?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”