THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby 20130312 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:26 am

PopTorts13 wrote:Giants, the idiot that somehow manages to perform better on tests than you. He also happens to do a funny cha-cha, appear in Subway commercials and be the lesser in a family of historically respected QBs. He really loves it when other teams beat them selves, as that is how he traditionally performs well. Not to mention he is confused about whether he is from New Jersey or New York, so he tells all of his friends he is from New York because no one respects Jersey. Now all the people from NY (Jets Fans) hate him.

This is fantastic. Except for the New Jersey diss.

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:50 am

woodscommaL wrote:UCLA: You offering a fee waiver and then waitlisting me reminds me a lot of a girl I was friends with in high school. She led one of our friends on for months and encouraged him to ask her to prom, but when he finally did ask her in a creative and extravagant way her response was: Maybe. I'm going to wait and see who else asks me. UCLA, that girl was a bitch, and so are you.

UW Madison: Your waitlist offer didn't even faze me, I've been out of fucks to give for so long that they're on a 6 month backorder. Besides, I could never live in the same state as the Packers.

Sweetness!

danielhay11

Postby danielhay11 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:04 pm

PopTorts13 wrote:Packers, the genius that often struggles on big tests, but historically wins more than you and is more respected, thus all of their traditions: Superbowl trophy being named after their coach, cheeseheads, lambeau leap, frozen tundra, and 15 Championships. Also, he is not afraid of who he is and tells everyone exactly where he is from, a small town in north eastern Wisconsin, Greenbay. He turned a small town into a big deal. More people seem to respect him for establishing a city that other wise would be no more than small-midwestern town.

Packers Fans - The guy who posts six threads in four different TLS forums complaining about the injustice of the LSAT. He mentions his exemplary GPA and all the nice things his professors have ever said about him, and then pivots to his 99th-percentile practice exams. By the time he starts vaguely hinting that he might sue LSAC, you realize that this guy - like a state with nothing but cows and cheese - takes up a lot of space but has nothing inside. Thankfully, his family has a long history in the legal profession, so his daddy will no doubt hook him up with a job in complex dairy litigation.

Giants Fans - The guy who just rolls his eyes and post an appropriate gif

lameslice57

Postby lameslice57 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:25 pm

danielhay11 wrote:
PopTorts13 wrote:Packers, the genius that often struggles on big tests, but historically wins more than you and is more respected, thus all of their traditions: Superbowl trophy being named after their coach, cheeseheads, lambeau leap, frozen tundra, and 15 Championships. Also, he is not afraid of who he is and tells everyone exactly where he is from, a small town in north eastern Wisconsin, Greenbay. He turned a small town into a big deal. More people seem to respect him for establishing a city that other wise would be no more than small-midwestern town.

Packers Fans - The guy who posts six threads in four different TLS forums complaining about the injustice of the LSAT. He mentions his exemplary GPA and all the nice things his professors have ever said about him, and then pivots to his 99th-percentile practice exams. By the time he starts vaguely hinting that he might sue LSAC, you realize that this guy - like a state with nothing but cows and cheese - takes up a lot of space but has nothing inside. Thankfully, his family has a long history in the legal profession, so his daddy will no doubt hook him up with a job in complex dairy litigation.

Pretty ELIte post

PopTorts13

Postby PopTorts13 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:01 pm

lameslice57 wrote:
danielhay11 wrote:

Pretty ELIte post

I have nothing against Jersey, so no hard feelings if you are from their, but it seems like the Giants use New York as a selling point; I much rather see them be the New Jersey Giants... sounds better and NY has far too many teams.

No gif can deny the facts I presented in contrast to the fanciful/ignorant bash on Greenbay fans you stated, not to mention that there are more Packers fans around the nation than just Wisconsin. Great the Giants won the most recent Super Bowl, still a weaker franchise than the Packers, cows and all.

Besides, I contrasted the teams as metaphorical men, did not comment on their fans. Wait, is this the point where I let the punted ball hit my knee or I fumble so that your points actually have substance and validity. I'm a Packers fan, scored 174 on my LSAT and was a double major, 4.0 GPA. Also hold a graduate degree, none of my family has ever attended college, and I grew up in Milwaukee where there are no cows, much like half of the state. The gif is cute and good for the Giants but in terms of top franchises the Giants have a ways to go.

Proof is in the pudding:
http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/footbal ... atest.html
--LinkRemoved--

Fans are fans, but there is no denying facts Packers>Giants

Green Glass Windows

Postby Green Glass Windows » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:02 pm

PopTorts13 wrote:
lameslice57 wrote:
danielhay11 wrote:

Pretty ELIte post

I have nothing against Jersey, so no hard feelings if you are from their, but it seems like the Giants use New York as a selling point; I much rather see them be the New Jersey Giants... sounds better and NY has far too many teams.

No gif can deny the facts I presented in contrast to the fanciful/ignorant bash on Greenbay fans you stated, not to mention that there are more Packers fans around the nation than just Wisconsin. Great the Giants won the most recent Super Bowl, still a weaker franchise than the Packers, cows and all.

Besides, I contrasted the teams as metaphorical men, did not comment on their fans. Wait, is this the point where I let the punted ball hit my knee or I fumble so that your points actually have substance and validity. I'm a Packers fan, scored 174 on my LSAT and was a double major, 4.0 GPA. Also hold a graduate degree, none of my family has ever attended college, and I grew up in Milwaukee where there are no cows, much like half of the state. The gif is cute and good for the Giants but in terms of top franchises the Giants have a ways to go.

Proof is in the pudding:
--LinkRemoved--

TL;DR

WHO-DEY! GO BENGALS! 8)

yankees42789

Postby yankees42789 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:08 pm

danielhay11 wrote:

That's the best gif in the history of ever. That is all.

danielhay11

Postby danielhay11 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:25 pm

PopTorts13 wrote:
lameslice57 wrote:
danielhay11 wrote:

Pretty ELIte post

Proof is in the pudding:
--LinkRemoved--

LOL. Look, dude, if you can't see that my analogy was to your argument ("the genius that often struggles on big tests, but historically wins more than you") and not to your (very strong) law school credentials, I can't help you. No need to get so defensive - I assure you that you're the specialest of special snowflakes.

lameslice57

Postby lameslice57 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:28 pm

You seem insecure

Postby 20130312 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:29 pm

PopTorts13 wrote:I'm a Packers fan, scored 174 on my LSAT and was a double major, 4.0 GPA. Also hold a graduate degree, none of my family has ever attended college, and I grew up in Milwaukee where there are no cows, much like half of the state.

This is so incredibly lawtistic.

sach1282

Postby sach1282 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:30 pm

End this nonsense, go to the lounge to argue about football fans. This is the ding bar.

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:31 pm

sach1282 wrote:End this nonsense, go to the lounge to argue about football fans. This is the ding bar.

benburns214

Postby benburns214 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:36 pm

sach1282 wrote:End this nonsense, go to the lounge to argue about football fans. This is the ding bar.

Tangents can be fun!! But yeah... should probably get back on track.

EMZE

Postby EMZE » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:08 pm

vpintz wrote:

I come here to watch other people be miserable.

gravityrides0

Postby gravityrides0 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:15 pm

just got rejected from harvard lol

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:57 am

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:
I wasn't worked up, but like most people who are told to "calm themselves", I am now (a tad). I don't really care for the fetishizing of female homosexuality. I find it demeaning.

Fetishizing and finding attractive are not the same thing.

benburns214

Postby benburns214 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:43 pm

chrisbru wrote:
I wasn't worked up, but like most people who are told to "calm themselves", I am now (a tad). I don't really care for the fetishizing of female homosexuality. I find it demeaning.

+1

Parmenides

Postby Parmenides » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:53 pm

chrisbru wrote:

Yeah, just ask Marx...

PigBodine

Postby PigBodine » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:00 pm

Parmenides wrote:
chrisbru wrote:

Yeah, just ask Marx...

'heh'.

T00L

Postby T00L » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:28 pm

Dear GeorgeTTTown (waitlist),

You should have just fucking dinged me.

Your waitlist email said,

"You should be aware, however, that we do maintain a separate category of applicants who have been placed on the Preferred Waiting List and who will be given priority consideration if spaces become available in the first year class. For this reason, it is advisable that Waiting List candidates make deposits and fulfill the requirements to secure a place at another law school."

What the fuck is this shit? Why would you even have a waitlist you are CERTAIN YOU AREN'T GOING TO USE.

Also, the "great little chinese food place I know about" where your "distinguished atlanta alumni" suggested we go for the interview THREE MONTHS AGO was SHIT... inedible. Withdrawing QUICKLY.

confusedlaw

Postby confusedlaw » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:39 pm

Dear USC I'm from ny and biggie owns PAC thank you fuck you

DaftAndDirect

Postby DaftAndDirect » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:42 pm

T00L wrote:Dear GeorgeTTTown (waitlist),

You should have just fucking dinged me.

Your waitlist email said,

"You should be aware, however, that we do maintain a separate category of applicants who have been placed on the Preferred Waiting List and who will be given priority consideration if spaces become available in the first year class. For this reason, it is advisable that Waiting List candidates make deposits and fulfill the requirements to secure a place at another law school."

What the fuck is this shit? Why would you even have a waitlist you are CERTAIN YOU AREN'T GOING TO USE.

Also, the "great little chinese food place I know about" where your "distinguished atlanta alumni" suggested we go for the interview THREE MONTHS AGO was SHIT... inedible. Withdrawing QUICKLY.

Falcon punched.

Byzantine

Postby Byzantine » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:02 pm

Chicago, your wait list is immaterial to me.

I know you'd like to see me grovel, send in a LOCI, call every couple of days, and then there might be a slight, slight chance of success.

But you're not worth it. I'm already in at Columbia and got a JS1 from Harvard, who despite what Bryan Leiter says, you do not hold a candlestick to. I do not respond well to relationships built on manipulation and control. I'll be in the driver's seat. I'm withdrawing and never looking back.

Best,

Byz

PS~I don't know if you noticed, but you are in a crappy part of Chicago.

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:25 pm

Byzantine wrote:Chicago, your wait list is immaterial to me.

I know you'd like to see me grovel, send in a LOCI, call every couple of days, and then there might be a slight, slight chance of success.

But you're not worth it. I'm already in at Columbia and got a JS1 from Harvard, who despite what Bryan Leiter says, you do not hold a candlestick to. I do not respond well to relationships built on manipulation and control. I'll be in the driver's seat. I'm withdrawing and never looking back.

Best,

Byz

PS~I don't know if you noticed, but you are in Chicago.

FTFY

Byzantine

Postby Byzantine » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:26 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
Byzantine wrote:Chicago, your wait list is immaterial to me.

Best,

Byz

PS~I don't know if you noticed, but you are in Chicago.

FTFY

Thanks Hypthalamus. That's what I was really trying to say.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”