THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JamMasterJ

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:31 pm

cactuarX3 wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
cactuarX3 wrote:Dear HasTTTings,

Thanks for the offer of being put on your waitlist. Let me consider that for about 0.5 seconds before I tell you what you can go and do with such a "generous" offer. Between being located in the slums of San Francisco and being the number 5 school (and possibly number 6 after UCI gets on the rankings) in California, I think I'd be okay with not attending.

I especially liked the "we appreciate if you do not call or email us regarding the waitlist" part of your email. Don't worry, you will most definitely not be hearing from me. Have a nice day dodging the crack whores and junkies in the Tenderloin!

wtf... HASTINGS waitlisted you? after you got into UCLA, USC, gtown??? uhhh

Yield protect FTW. That, or they saw the terrible things I wrote about HasTTTings here on TLS.

Hastings did a lot of strange stuff this year.

gavinstevens

Postby gavinstevens » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:28 pm

Dear Texas,

I wanted you. I wanted you bad. Maybe just so I could visit and have an excuse to be out there for SXSW.

Alas, you are stingy with scholarships, and the likelihood of me attending if admitted were low.

I will not sleight you, but damn. I will say that I hope that Vandy forces you out of the top 14 this year.

-gavinstevens

gravityrides0

Postby gravityrides0 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:33 pm

gavinstevens wrote:Dear Texas,

I wanted you. I wanted you bad. Maybe just so I could visit and have an excuse to be out there for SXSW.

Alas, you are stingy with scholarships, and the likelihood of me attending if admitted were low.

I will not sleight you, but damn. I will say that I hope that Vandy forces you out of the top 14 this year.

-gavinstevens

+1 to sxsw

Liquox

Postby Liquox » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:59 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
cactuarX3 wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
cactuarX3 wrote:Dear HasTTTings,

Thanks for the offer of being put on your waitlist. Let me consider that for about 0.5 seconds before I tell you what you can go and do with such a "generous" offer. Between being located in the slums of San Francisco and being the number 5 school (and possibly number 6 after UCI gets on the rankings) in California, I think I'd be okay with not attending.

I especially liked the "we appreciate if you do not call or email us regarding the waitlist" part of your email. Don't worry, you will most definitely not be hearing from me. Have a nice day dodging the crack whores and junkies in the Tenderloin!

wtf... HASTINGS waitlisted you? after you got into UCLA, USC, gtown??? uhhh

Yield protect FTW. That, or they saw the terrible things I wrote about HasTTTings here on TLS.

Hastings did a lot of strange stuff this year.

+1

maybe they're trying to raise their lsat median? w/e you've got better places to go anyway.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:32 pm

-gavinstevens

Dear Texas,

You're not in the T14 - you never were, and the fact that you tied Georgetown this year says more about them than about you.
Don't get delusions of grandeur. USNews made a typo, but was too embarrassed to admit the mistake.
Once they fire the lowly UT Intern who "accidentally" put in the wrong number, you will once again be shut out of the T14.
Last edited by dingbat on Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

gavinstevens

Postby gavinstevens » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:58 pm

dingbat wrote:

-gavinstevens

Dear Texas,

You're not in the T14 - you never were, and the fact that you tied Georgetown this year says more about them than about you.
Don't get delusions of grandeur. USNews made a typo, but was too embarrassed to admit the mistake.
Once they fire the lowly UT Intern who accidentally put in the wrong number, you will once again be shut out of the T14.

I think you're onto something here...

Liquox

Postby Liquox » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:52 pm

dingbat wrote:

-gavinstevens

Dear Texas,

Once they fire the lowly UT Intern who accidentally put in the wrong number, you will once again be shut out of the T14.

+1 dude. i was going to say they fudged their numbers, but your reason's better

ralph_pootawn

Postby ralph_pootawn » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:57 pm

Stanford,

I hope your LUCK runs out and you get knocked out of the top 3

ralph

Liquox

Postby Liquox » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:45 pm

(didn't get dinged but damn i'm pissed. waited all day to go and now no one's going anywhere)

dear berkeley,

you're the only chick i know who can make my life difficult even without me applying. for some god forsaken reason, my bro likes you enough to cancel our road trip this weekend to get his phone fixed, but you seem pretty snotty for some lazy, crazy pothead with uneven boobs. maybe i'm wrong and you guys were meant to be. if i'm not, i hope that hot southern chick kicks your flabby ass next year.

still don't like you,
liq

ps: hurry it up. and do something about that smell.

Take Two

Postby Take Two » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:59 pm

ralph_pootawn wrote:Stanford,

I hope your LUCK runs out and you get knocked out of the top 3

ralph

hahaha nice :D

ScoutFinch

Postby ScoutFinch » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:59 pm

dingbat wrote:

-gavinstevens

Dear Texas,

Love both of these...let's not forget this Image

Perdevise

Postby Perdevise » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:55 pm

Dear Columbia,

It's ok. I'm not even mad. I think we should probably head our separate ways.

Sincerely,

Perdevise
Stanford, CA 94305

doppelganger

Postby doppelganger » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:25 pm

edit: only felt good the first five minutes after i typed it, then it felt :cry:
Last edited by doppelganger on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PopTorts13

Postby PopTorts13 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Dear Michigan,

Ann Arbor is a whore.

Sincerely,

Poptorts

westinghouse60

Postby westinghouse60 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:27 pm

Dear Georgetown/UCLA,

I don't mind your waitlists, because I got into two respectively peer schools (Cornell/Vandy), which I preferred anyway. Gotta love when there are two peer schools, and you get into the one you really wanted and WL at the one you didn't. Wonder if you could tell from my app.

Edit: you can tell I'm really not even honestly mad because I'm not bothering to insult you.

ucbkenn

Postby ucbkenn » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:45 pm

westinghouse60 wrote:Dear Georgetown/UCLA,

I don't mind your waitlists, because I got into two respectively peer schools (Cornell/Vandy), which I preferred anyway. Gotta love when there are two peer schools, and you get into the one you really wanted and WL at the one you didn't. Wonder if you could tell from my app.

Edit: you can tell I'm really not even honestly mad because I'm not bothering to insult you.

This same thing happened to me! Identical.

hookem12

Postby hookem12 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:28 pm

Dear UW,

It wasn't you, it was me. You knew I wasn't going to attend, ever, and you were right. I hope Seattle and I can still be friends. I'll send you a postcard from the other Washington (DC).

xoxo

dallaslawgurl

Postby dallaslawgurl » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:08 pm

So far:

University of Arkansas School of Law: I never met a razor back I liked :/
Florida International University College of Law: Who needs hurricanes!
Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center: ... Well, I kinda really wanted to go here. I'm sure its a blessing in disguise

outsidethescope

Postby outsidethescope » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:03 pm

Berkeley,

I thought I wanted to go to Berkeley. Years ago, I even named my cat Berkeley. The cat turned out to be an ass.

Love,
Scope

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:05 pm

outsidethescope wrote:Berkeley,

I thought I wanted to go to Berkeley. Years ago, I even named my cat Berkeley. The cat turned out to be an ass.

Love,
Scope

:lol: :lol: <3 OTS.

fingerscrossedxx

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:20 pm

outsidethescope wrote:Berkeley,

Love,
Scope

Hahaha, this is awesome :)

arae13

Postby arae13 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:13 pm

That hilarious moment when Michigan State spends a bunch of money to send me excessive mailings (ex. "you're the most perfect candidate EVER for our school. Please come!") and then defers, re-reviews and waistlists WITHOUT even bothering to email me about their decision to waitlist.

Sorry, but I only applied to your school to see how much money you'd offer me after blowing up my mailbox daily. Also, I've been accepted to significantly better schools in Chicago.

Oh, and have fun with four of your state's cities being on the "Most Miserable Places in America" list. Awk.

der_saeufer

Postby der_saeufer » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Dear MinnesoTTTa:

Thanks for the YP waitlist. I wasn't really all that keen on freezing my ass off for three years, though I suppose I could use your mandatory laptop to keep it warm while keeping Bill Gates rich in spite of the perfectly good one I already own.

I'll send you a postcard from Durham.

Love,

der_saeufer

(feels good to get the first ding out of the way!)

Azmatt

Postby Azmatt » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:52 pm

Ohh.. MN...

grumbling about how I hope Adrian hurts his other knee..

... JUST KIDDING. NO HARD FEELINGS...

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:30 pm

Dear Bezerkeley,
If accepted I wouldn't have gone to your school anyway. You are a flaming, idiotic, liberal full of kooks...Oh! And your state is bankrupt because of them! Go hug a tree... or paint some more rainbows somewhere

This is the ding bar, so I should be able to vent without anyone criticizing me for my venting

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”