THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
akua1209

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby akua1209 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:41 am

ucbkenn wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:
Kimberly wrote:
ryemanhattan wrote:Dear Dean Tom,

Thank you very much for your thoughtful and cogent rejection letter. Unfortunately, I have received a particularly large number of rejection letters from highly qualified schools this year, and it is simply not possible for me to accept all of them. Thus, at this time, I am not able to accept your letter of rejection from Berkeley Law.

With your accomplished record of rejection, I am sure you will enjoy great success in rejecting some extremely qualified applicants over the course of this and future cycles. Should I remain your first choice for rejection, however, I encourage you to consider the possibility of rejecting me during my 1L year, where you may encounter that I am academically or morally unfit for advancement, in which case your candidacy as a source of rejection will be reviewed.

I am sorry to have to be the bearer of this surely disappointing news. Please keep in mind this decision is not necessarily indicative of your own abilities of rejection, but rather the realities of a highly competitive rejection process. I wish you the best of luck in your other rejections, and look forward to joining you next fall as a 1L in the Berkeley Law Class of 2015.

Stoically,
X

Freaking HIGH-larious! I wish you were gonna be there in the Fall!

This is COMPLETELY awesome!

+10000!

if only.....

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:37 am

Thank you very much for your thoughtful and cogent rejection letter. Unfortunately, I have received a particularly large number of rejection letters from highly qualified schools this year, and it is simply not possible for me to accept all of them. Thus, at this time, I am not able to accept your letter of rejection from Berkeley Law.

With your accomplished record of rejection, I am sure you will enjoy great success in rejecting some extremely qualified applicants over the course of this and future cycles. Should I remain your first choice for rejection, however, I encourage you to consider the possibility of rejecting me during my 1L year, where you may encounter that I am academically or morally unfit for advancement, in which case your candidacy as a source of rejection will be reviewed.

I am sorry to have to be the bearer of this surely disappointing news. Please keep in mind this decision is not necessarily indicative of your own abilities of rejection, but rather the realities of a highly competitive rejection process. I wish you the best of luck in your other rejections, and look forward to joining you next fall as a 1L in the Berkeley Law Class of 2015.

Stoically,
X

awesome. *bro fist*

woodscommaL

Postby woodscommaL » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:06 pm

Stoically,
X

Thank you so much for this. I think the only thing that could make me smile more enthusiastically than this post did is if Michigan (by some divine miracle) accepted me right now.

mertle

Postby mertle » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:15 pm

Dear Hastings,

Thanks for the short and sweet email of rejection. To be honest, I didn't want to have to live in the Tenderloin and see crackheads every time I leave campus. You've given me great incentive to leave the bay and move down to San Diego where I will spend my days NOT shivering in July and most definitely tanning in January. Thanks for the nudge!

Sincerely,

Paralegal of the good ol Mayor Brown himself. Thanks for the hook up Willie.

d.schoenfeld16

Postby d.schoenfeld16 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:20 pm

I don't know why we are all getting so worked up over law school acceptances when the world is gonna end before we are finished with our first semester of 1L anyway.....

mertle

Postby mertle » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:24 pm

d.schoenfeld16 wrote:I don't know why we are all getting so worked up over law school acceptances when the world is gonna end before we are finished with our first semester of 1L anyway.....

like.

woodscommaL

Postby woodscommaL » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:29 pm

d.schoenfeld16 wrote:I don't know why we are all getting so worked up over law school acceptances when the world is gonna end before we are finished with our first semester of 1L anyway.....

Haven't you heard? Only those attending a T14 school will have their souls saved when the apocalypse, and eventual rapture, ensue.

Green Glass Windows

Postby Green Glass Windows » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:29 pm

woodscommaL wrote:

Haven't you heard? Only those attending a T14 school will have their souls saved when the apocalypse, and eventual rapture, ensue.

That's what I heard.

Incubateus

Postby Incubateus » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:40 am

Dear Minnesota,

You were so important to me that I after writing "Dear", I forgot your name, and then had to remind myself that I didn't apply to Michigan.

Sincerely,
SUCK IT

LawperaMan

Postby LawperaMan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:52 am

woodscommaL wrote:

I think you may have that backwards. ;-)

chem

Postby chem » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:20 am

Dear Texas,

I wanted to go to a t-14 anyway

Chem

gravityrides0

Postby gravityrides0 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:02 pm

Didn't want to move to Tex ass ass ass ass ass anyway.

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:05 pm

chem wrote:Dear Texas,

Chem

I laughed out loud... really hard

wannagetinsomewhere

Postby wannagetinsomewhere » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:17 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
chem wrote:Dear Texas,

Chem

I laughed out loud... really hard

Does msb mean McCombs School of Business?

ryemanhattan

Postby ryemanhattan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:05 pm

From my UT status checker:

Status Updates
Your JD application was processed on December 1, 2011
Application was denied on February 2, 2012

Dear UT: So I was rejected in the future? Get your fucking tenses straight. FYI I only applied because of the live music scene in Austin. There. Now you know.

I've got to go have a moment with my Telecaster and inform him that we are not moving to Austin, or Nashville. :(

T00L

Postby T00L » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:27 pm

woodscommaL wrote:

Don't forget about the Pepperdine and Regent students....

Magnifique1908

Postby Magnifique1908 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:55 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:Didn't want to move to Tex ass ass ass ass ass anyway.

This made me think....."stop! Now make that muthaf***** hammer time"..... :oops:

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:57 pm

Magnifique1908 wrote:

This made me think....."stop! Now make that muthaf***** hammer time"..... :oops:

wobbledy wobbledy wah, wobble wobble...

gaud

Postby gaud » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:59 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
Magnifique1908 wrote:

u be speakin of juvenile "back dat azz up"???

Magnifique1908

Postby Magnifique1908 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:01 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
Magnifique1908 wrote:

Be my classmate :D

:lol:

Now its stuck in my head...smh...."how your waist anoxeric and then your ass is colossal"

LawperaMan

Postby LawperaMan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:02 pm

Dear UT,

I'm sorry that you found my raw numbers insufficient to help you retain your status as the conjoined twin of the T-14. Keep it weird.

LM

woodscommaL

Postby woodscommaL » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:05 pm

T00L wrote:
woodscommaL wrote:

Don't forget about the Pepperdine and Regent students....

Regent is out for sure. Even God was turned off by their incessant email spamming.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:14 pm

Magnifique1908 wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
Magnifique1908 wrote:

Be my classmate :D

Now its stuck in my head...smh...."how your waist anoxeric and then your ass is colossal"

Come to NU? XD

And yeah me too. I have an unhealthy love for the lines "...you gonna get a tip today...fuck that, you gonna get some dick today" and "You the best, you deserve a crown bitch" :oops:

Magnifique1908

Postby Magnifique1908 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:21 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
Magnifique1908 wrote:Be my classmate :D

Come to NU? XD

And yeah me too. I have an unhealthy love for the lines "...you gonna get a tip today...fuck that, you gonna get some dick today" and "You the best, you deserve a crown bitch" :oops:

What's wrong with us..... :oops:

Titleist

Postby Titleist » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:22 pm

LawperaMan wrote:Dear UT,

I'm sorry that you found my raw numbers insufficient to help you retain your status as the conjoined twin of the T-14. Keep it weird.

LM

Nice. I will probably be echoing these thoughts in a few weeks.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”