THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ColtsFan88

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby ColtsFan88 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:44 pm

bigtexmex wrote:Dear Colorado,

Thanks for jumping the gun and rejecting me a day before my December LSAT score came in. Had you had the patience to wait a few more hours, you would have realized the mistake you made.

Even though you are reconsidering me, you blew it big time. And, with an admission to a top ten law school at this point, I wonder why I ever wasted energy on an application to your school.

Signed,

Me

You should send that to them for real.

jetissent

Postby jetissent » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:40 pm

Precisely 2 minutes after UVA sent me my long-awaited WL email, NYU reminded me to sign up for one of the Accepted Students days. Cheers to T6 schools that don't demand pointless essays of faux-flattery that help adcoms feel like their school is a special snowflake and not just another name on the obligatory t14 list!

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:06 pm

jetissent wrote:Precisely 2 minutes after UVA sent me my long-awaited WL email, NYU reminded me to sign up for one of the Accepted Students days. Cheers to T6 schools that don't demand pointless essays of faux-flattery that help adcoms feel like their school is a special snowflake and not just another name on the obligatory t14 list!

This = Perfection!

tivo152

Postby tivo152 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:49 pm

Dear Notre Dame,

It's actually a bit of a good thing that you put me on the Waitlist, because for a moment, I almost got caught up in the lay prestige your law school retains because your football team was good 50 years ago.

Also, how does it feel to not even be the best school in Indiana? That must really hurt. Enjoy the frigid cold and your undeserving credibility.

-tivo152

PS
I'm a Florida State Seminole, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching you all getting your ass kicked at the Champs Sports Bowl.

tjddk

Postby tjddk » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:02 pm

Dear UVA:

Based upon applicant behavior in past years, we anticipate that those who are being invited to be on our wait list will respond in one of two ways:

(1) I am very interested in Virginia Law and will be pleased to consider an offer of admission whenever it may come.

(2) I am disappointed (and perhaps confused because I already have been admitted to many great law schools). I need to make my decision now and do not want to wait for Virginia.

I'll go with (3) I'm not disappointed (and confused, because I had forgotten that I applied to Virginia). I am not making my decision now, but since it wouldn't matter what you did, do not want to wait for Virginia.

Word of advice: I know this girl who thinks she's hot shit (she's really not) and assumes every guy she meets would do anything to be with her. And when they don't hit on her, she assumes that they're just too intimidated by her/pessimistic about their chances to try. Don't be that girl.

Love,
t

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:06 pm

tjddk wrote:Dear UVA:

Based upon applicant behavior in past years, we anticipate that those who are being invited to be on our wait list will respond in one of two ways:

(1) I am very interested in Virginia Law and will be pleased to consider an offer of admission whenever it may come.

(2) I am disappointed (and perhaps confused because I already have been admitted to many great law schools). I need to make my decision now and do not want to wait for Virginia.

I'll go with (3) I'm not disappointed (and confused, because I had forgotten that I applied to Virginia). I am not making my decision now, but since it wouldn't matter what you did, do not want to wait for Virginia.

Word of advice: I know this girl who thinks she's hot shit (she's really not) and assumes every guy she meets would do anything to be with her. And when they don't hit on her, she assumes that they're just too intimidated by her/pessimistic about their chances to try. Don't be that girl.

Love,
t

Didn't know where it was going until that gem in the bold!

Real Madrid

Postby Real Madrid » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:07 pm

tjddk wrote:Dear UVA:

Love,
t

Oh, but UVA is that girl.

Stevoman

Postby Stevoman » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:14 pm

This thread is quite entertaining.

I must say though, it's kind of hilarious to see how over-represented UVA is. :D

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:15 pm

Stevoman wrote:This thread is quite entertaining.

I must say though, it's kind of hilarious to see how over-represented UVA is. This thread has to be at least 50% UVA, 50% everyone else. :p

This is very true but only because of how liberal they are with the waitlisting. It's really quite off-putting if you ask me. But quite possibly they're also one of the first schools to release as many WL decisions. I'm hoping that during Feb/March madness we will see this thread become the gem it was truly meant to be.

gjk07fsu

Postby gjk07fsu » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:17 pm

This thread is fun.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:26 pm

JoeMo wrote:
Stevoman wrote:This thread is quite entertaining.

I must say though, it's kind of hilarious to see how over-represented UVA is. This thread has to be at least 50% UVA, 50% everyone else. :p

This is very true but only because of how liberal they are with the waitlisting. It's really quite off-putting if you ask me. But quite possibly they're also one of the first schools to release as many WL decisions. I'm hoping that during Feb/March madness we will see this thread become the gem it was truly meant to be.

M hasn't started waitlisting and Penn just started a week or two ago. so...

scottybared

Postby scottybared » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:33 pm

Vanderbilt,

Your waitlist made me realize that the only things I know about Nashville I learned from The Blindside: that it's full of gangs and racist rich white people. Thanks for giving me another reason to avoid ever setting foot in your city.

Cheers,

paulitico

Postby paulitico » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:53 pm

scottybared wrote:Vanderbilt,

Your waitlist made me realize that the only things I know about Nashville I learned from The Blindside: that it's full of gangs and racist rich white people. Thanks for giving me another reason to avoid ever setting foot in your city.

Cheers,

I hate to nitpick, but you're definitely confusing Nashville with Memphis.

PrincetonLaw

Postby PrincetonLaw » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:55 pm

paulitico wrote:

Cheers,

+1

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:08 pm

PrincetonLaw wrote:
paulitico wrote:

Cheers,

+1

Now we can see why he got dinged. *OUCH*

Sorry, too soon?

scottybared

Postby scottybared » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:04 pm

haha oh man :lol: . Just shows how much I know about Tennessee. I guess I deserve that WL lol

Cornelius

Postby Cornelius » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:25 pm

scottybared wrote:haha oh man :lol: . Just shows how much I know about Tennessee. I guess I deserve that WL lol

Your not knowing the difference between Memphis and Nashville is part of the "why would anyone ever go to Tennessee, who cares about Tennessee" rationale, IMO.

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:17 pm

Cornelius wrote:
scottybared wrote:haha oh man :lol: . Just shows how much I know about Tennessee. I guess I deserve that WL lol

Your not knowing the difference between Memphis and Nashville is part of the "why would anyone ever go to Tennessee, who cares about Tennessee" rationale, IMO.

+1

aarias11

Postby aarias11 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:22 pm

Dear Northwestern,

We've been through this such a long long time
Just tryin' to kill the pain

An no one's really sure who's lettin' go today
Walking away.

If we could take the time
to lay it on the line
I could rest my head
Just knowin' that you were mine
All mine
So if you want to love me
then darlin' don't refrain
Or I'll just end up walkin'
In the cold November rain

un-vordox

Postby un-vordox » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:34 pm

ASU,

I can finally tell my future mother-in-law with certainty that I am taking her daughter out of this god forsaken hellhole of a state. Thanks for making it easier. After living here for a year, I can now say goodbye to this:

http://youtu.be/mc2xEMfLcgQ

Peace out Zona,

UV

hyakku

Postby hyakku » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:29 pm

First ding from Berkeley. Honestly feel kind of liberated :lol:

But if I get one from Mich.....

ryemanhattan

Postby ryemanhattan » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:34 am

Dear Dean Tom,

Thank you very much for your thoughtful and cogent rejection letter. Unfortunately, I have received a particularly large number of rejection letters from highly qualified schools this year, and it is simply not possible for me to accept all of them. Thus, at this time, I am not able to accept your letter of rejection from Berkeley Law.

With your accomplished record of rejection, I am sure you will enjoy great success in rejecting some extremely qualified applicants over the course of this and future cycles. Should I remain your first choice for rejection, however, I encourage you to consider the possibility of rejecting me during my 1L year, where you may encounter that I am academically or morally unfit for advancement, in which case your candidacy as a source of rejection will be reviewed.

I am sorry to have to be the bearer of this surely disappointing news. Please keep in mind this decision is not necessarily indicative of your own abilities of rejection, but rather the realities of a highly competitive rejection process. I wish you the best of luck in your other rejections, and look forward to joining you next fall as a 1L in the Berkeley Law Class of 2015.

Stoically,
X

Kimberly

Postby Kimberly » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:15 am

ryemanhattan wrote:Dear Dean Tom,

Thank you very much for your thoughtful and cogent rejection letter. Unfortunately, I have received a particularly large number of rejection letters from highly qualified schools this year, and it is simply not possible for me to accept all of them. Thus, at this time, I am not able to accept your letter of rejection from Berkeley Law.

With your accomplished record of rejection, I am sure you will enjoy great success in rejecting some extremely qualified applicants over the course of this and future cycles. Should I remain your first choice for rejection, however, I encourage you to consider the possibility of rejecting me during my 1L year, where you may encounter that I am academically or morally unfit for advancement, in which case your candidacy as a source of rejection will be reviewed.

I am sorry to have to be the bearer of this surely disappointing news. Please keep in mind this decision is not necessarily indicative of your own abilities of rejection, but rather the realities of a highly competitive rejection process. I wish you the best of luck in your other rejections, and look forward to joining you next fall as a 1L in the Berkeley Law Class of 2015.

Stoically,
X

Freaking HIGH-larious! I wish you were gonna be there in the Fall!

fingerscrossedxx

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:21 am

Kimberly wrote:

Stoically,
X

This is COMPLETELY awesome!

ucbkenn

Postby ucbkenn » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:14 am

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
Kimberly wrote:

Stoically,
X

This is COMPLETELY awesome!

+10000!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”